fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by scubadoo (3/15/05 9:50 AM) reply + / -
Hi everybody,
my Canon i560 orange light flashes 5 times. Can't find anything on this anywhere.

Has anybody ever had the 5 times flashing problem?

Help highly appreciated!

thx

scub

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by stevedann (1/4/06 2:40 AM) reply + / -
5 flashes indicates a faulty printhead or possibly a problem with the p/head contacts. Try removing the head which is easier if you take the cartridges out first(no tools required) and re-seat it having checked the contacts for dirt.

If that doesn't work it may be that the waste ink tank is full. Try this ...

Canon S9000, S300, S400, i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950, PIXMA iP3000 above,
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
+++++++++

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by Mike Viney (6/15/07 5:01 AM) reply + / -
Thanks so much Stevedann. I had this problem.

The used ink tank (sponge) was full and canon said I had to take it to a repair agent to have the sponge replaced. They said I could replace the sponge myself, but then it would need to be specially reset by an engineer.......60 charge.

I read the above thread, turned the sponge over, cleaned the heads with a cloth, reset the buttons and it works fine!
Saved us 60. Great website!

Poor show by canon.

Re: Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by Anonymous (9/24/07 9:51 AM) reply + / -

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this advice as I had this problem with my i9950 and you have just fixed it!!! Was on the verge of tears as trying to get a big job out today too.

Thank u v much

Re: Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by Anonymous (9/24/07 6:20 PM) reply + / -
Can't take out the head if it won't move to the center. How can I reach it some other way?

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by Anonymous (6/26/08 6:36 AM) reply + / -
just pull out the "holder" to the center

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by clh128 (7/18/08 11:27 PM) reply + / -
Thanks to Stevedann for the reset sequence. Unfortunately that did not fix my i560, not initially anyway. There were a number of other threads on this site about clearing the Waste Ink tank full error, etc and I did all those. Finally I narrowed it down to the print head itself and thought I would get a replacement (~$49) and at least give it a try before I went out buy another printer. Just got the part today, pop it in. The orange flashes still came on, but this time, after the reset sequence, constant green--viola! Just like to share this with the group and also a big THANKYOU to all who spent their time posting their expert advices.

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by stancanyon (10/16/08 9:47 AM) reply + / -
I can't believe this is still relevant advice...except that I couldn't find a waste sponge, doing the reset fixed my 560 from incredibly weak printing...I was going to throw it out!

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by BAB (10/16/08 2:46 PM) reply + / -
ok well excuse me but the sponge you all turned over that runs under the carriage assembly with the print head, is not the blotters Canon was referring too! Those big blotters are located under the print engine mechanism itself. You need to open the unit, remove the print engine and then change all the blotters. Then rebuild the unit, put the unit into service mode and reset the waste ink counter. Those of you who have not done all that but have reset the waste ink counter, will eventually have ink all over your printer desk.

BAB
Authorized Canon Tech.

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by franc4 (11/8/08 2:10 PM) reply + / -
Does the re-set process work the same on a BJC6000? I also cleaned the ink tank pads (washed them out with hot water) and turned them over....air dried them first.
Somewhere I read that Canon does not like re-filled ink supply cartridges, because that ink is water based, My printer has genuine Canon ink cartridges...which is a moot point, because I can't turn the thing on....get a solid orange light after it's turned on and goes thru "cardiac arrest". ;-)

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by DMAC (2/23/09 8:21 AM) reply + / -
OK the more I play the deeper I get in trouble. Finally got printer to fire up without 5 yellow blinks but now my i560 printer thinks its a 560i camera so when I turn it on XP thinks it found new hardware and asks for program files. I did delete and reload the i560 program disk even though I knew it was a futile effort. Any help out there?

Re: Canon i560 how to reach waste ink by kingskids2 (5/21/09 7:08 AM) reply + / -
i HAVE READ all the threads about the waste ink tank. but nowhere on the internet can I find how to reach the blessed thing. I can see it under the carriage, but there is no screw, no bottom openin, no way to reach it. Does anyone know how to remove the carriage carefully to reach the waste ink and wash it out. thank you

Re: Re: Canon i560 how to reach waste ink by kingskids2 (5/21/09 10:30 AM) reply + / -
just got help on how to do this from a member. If you want to risk taking the print unit out yourself - which is probably supposed to be done by a technician...her's how it works... look at the back off the print unit, remove2 screws, one on each side, follow the power supply multi wires up from the back to the logic board and unplug. Carefully lift the entire print unit up pulling back and out of the base, now all you blotters will be exposed and available to change, if you need new blottters, you can purchase them from http://www.beckscrs.com/! Don't wash them they will lose their absorbancy!

so very glad to have found this forum, I just love this printer and it lasts forever!

Re: Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by Anonymous (10/15/09 9:50 AM) reply + / -
How much ink is used in the proccess of cleaning? Ink *ALL OVER* my printer desk????? Even if a few drops leaked out, am I so stupid that I would not immmediately place a piece of newspaper or paper tower under the printer? I have also read that it could "damage" or "ruin" the printer. How can you ruin something that's already useless? If I can't get it to print, it's trash anyway.

Another point. How is it that such a large quatity of ink reamains liqued over time to run *ALL OVER* my printer desk?

Of all the posts I've read, no one seems to have had this happen. Has anyone?

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by RVthereyet (10/28/09 9:23 PM) reply + / -
I get the "five blinks" but I also get an error message that says: "OPERATOR ERROR, press reset ... press cancel.. turn off .. yada yada!

I've reinstalled the drivers, removed and cleaned the print head, changed cables, and moved the i560 to another computer all with the same results. I guess all that remains is to follow kingskids advice and try to empty the "waste tank" before it floods my office.

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by StephenMarz (5/23/11 2:39 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have i965 which gives 5 orange warning flashes indicating print head problem. I have blothed extra ink away from the sponge under print head with pressing cotton wool (not removed anything). Lot of ink came off. I then uninstaleld printhead and cleaned it with 95% alcohol. Still have the problem. I have bought a couple of ink cartridges and would like to use them before I discard the printer.

The problem is that I can't get into the reset sequence properely. When I press 2 time the resume button, I do not get a steady green light as said in step 5 (so as I can press resume 4 times) but the orange flashes come up again.

If the printhead needs replacement (impossible becasue discountinued or expensive) doe the print head cleaning kits on ebay work (anyone tried them?)

Regards
e m a i l = marz[...@...]nextgen.net.mt

Re: Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by AxelSkough (6/25/11 11:04 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem, and have tried the recommendations 3-5 too. My i560 has been in trouble for a while and I have earlier been successful in using the reset key, but not for now.

The color management has been unstable for about 2 years and I used the Deep cleaning tool to get color properly managed for some sheets.

The last problem was that the black cartridge stopped working. I have replaced it although no "empty" signal was received. Until now I haven't got the new black cartridge to work. A new ink printer is not so expensive here so the best thing would to replace the whole ink printer with a new one, I think, rather than sending it to the Canon for replacing parts (my i560 is around 5-7 years old).

Of course I have tried print head cleaning too with no success - the orange 5 times flashing problem still remains. And at the Canon support pages no support is given for the i560 anymore - it is removed from the list of supported ink printers.

So, Stephen Marz, my proposal is that we don't spend too much time on this problem. Throw away this old printer and buy a new one!

My happiness is that I already have bought a new multifunction scanner/printer about six months ago but not unpacked it yet. I will do that now!

Kind regards

Axel in Sweden

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by StephenMarZ (6/25/11 12:06 PM) reply + / -
Hi Axel,

I tried to clean the printhead with a syringe and the nozzles all sprayed a uniform nice jet of tiny droplets (Quite nice to observe actually). I am 99% sure that the nozzles are (were) not clogged. I reinstalled the head and inks and not a slight improvment - 5 orange flashes. I tried again becasue I loved my i965 working very good for 8 years, but I have to give up. Love ended by death!

I have sold some of the cartridges over ebay at about 5Eur each and will buy a new printer when I come back from my 6 weeks holiday in Scandinavia!

So far I like the Canon Pixma 4850 (I already have a scanner so do not need 3-in-1). Maybe there is an upgrade of this printer in the next weeks becasue it is a bit oldy, launched about 2 years ago.

Any printer (canon) suggestions are welcomed

Stephen

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by ericahcah (8/8/11 9:12 PM) reply + / -
i got ip4760 with same problem., already bought ip4870 before i fixed it. big thanks to steven for this step. with a little tweak..

1. Turn off printer
turn on the printer until the print head in the middle or so..then pull the main power cord*
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
replug the main plug*
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
replug the main cord
8. Your printer should respond as normal.

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by debbie dee (2/10/12 4:49 PM) reply + / -
I don't know which button is the reset button. I can't find my service book...can anyone help with this basis question. I'll move on to the other stuff when if find the reset button. Thanks

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by StephenMarZ (2/11/12 9:27 AM) reply + / -
Hi, in the meantime I bought a Canon MG6250 (wireless) and I dont miss anymore the i560 / i565. The wireless is fantastic (step to the future effect) esp. useful if you have more than one computer in house (eg laptop, your girlfriend lapop... dont know if yu can print also from ipad)

Maybe I have not replied you, but wanted to give and type of feedback.

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by bpbp00 (3/19/12 9:46 AM) reply + / -
I have tried EVERY solution I could find on the internet - NONE worked.
This DID work:
Remove printhead - get large plastic cup or tupperware bowl that is wide enough to
hold the printhead - Fill cup or bowl to top with HOT water. Place printhead in to cup or bowl so that the water covers the top of the silver circles for each color on the printhead - The ink in the water will go into the water. After 2-3 minutes empty the water and repeat - repeat until water is close to being clear - place printhead on wadded up toilet paper (bottom of printhead on paper) - press slightly down for 30 seconds or so - paper should have no colors or just a smidgen of a color on it - Gently use toilet paper to remove EXCESS water - DO NOT try to dry every part completely - let printhead sit on wadded up toilet paper overnight - place in printer - add ink cartridges- go to printer - properties - maintenance and run nozzle check until it looks good (2 or 3 times) - do a print alignment and VOILA!!! - You just saved $100.00 or so. It worked for me

Re: Canon ip2700Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by s8c_TRo0oPS (5/24/12 11:02 PM) reply + / -
thank you guys. . . .

My Printer is now in good condition ^_^

GOD BLESS ALL !!

GLoRY 2 GOD

bye2. . .

KEEP IT UP and more power.

thNx

Re: Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by jtb (6/5/12 2:53 PM) reply + / -
I'm only half way through the cleaning process (of the print head) but I've got to say right now that every (and it's been 20+) several minute soak of the print head continues to draw out black ink leading me to believe that those pads, especially the black one, were so gunked up that no number or power/reset cycles could've fixed it.
I can't wait to see tomorrow after draining & blotting the print head if I don't get a better result resetting and see the amber 5 light blinkety blink go away.
Nothing to lose here - I was ready to throw it away as junk but I've got so many ink carts left to use! And it really was a great printer too -
I'll keep you all posted!

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by geegeeburr (6/7/12 11:19 PM) reply + / -
I've been having the 5 orange flashes on my ip4200, too, and after having tried everything, came here. Saw in a couple threads that it was the print head, and since I happened to have an old print head lying around, I popped it in, and PRESTO! Problem solved. Thanks!

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by universeagainstodds (11/26/12 11:43 AM) reply + / -
Hello, I'm having trouble with my printer canon i560 as well.
I also get an error msg "Operator error, press reset, cancel ur printing and turn off." and the printer blinks orange 5 times all the time.
I cleaned the head printer, put it right back, and then I reset the sequency..
Didn't work.
I tried to open the unit so that I could change the blotters, but I didn't make it.
Any ideas? I suppose I'm paying the engineer?

Re: Canon i560 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by greenbeacon (1/3/13 4:15 AM) reply + / -
Hello,
My i9950 says:
"Error Number : 1403 A problem has occurred with the print head. Replace the print head with the new one. If the paper output tray is raised to the CD-R printing position, return it to the normal position. Then open the front cover and install the print head." I've cleaned the head, replaced several times but still the same message and five orange flashes etc. It's an excellent printer and I wonder whether I can trust the message and go ahead and purchase a new head? Any thoughts anyone? Thanks

My i560 Waste Ink by johnmarr (3/11/13 8:23 AM) reply + / -
My waste ink system is full. How can I empty it please?
john

in ip2770 orange light is solid by jitendriya ray (9/12/13 12:02 AM) reply + / -
sir,
i have a canon ip2770 printer whose ink absorver is full but when iam get it into service mode by pressing of resume button 5 time the orange light is solid in that case i am not get into service mode . please help me .

Re: Canon ip2770 Orange Flashes ! 5 ! Times by Larry Danan (8/16/14 5:18 PM) reply + / -
Mine also failed to print and orange LED blinks 5 times. This happens just after I convert the Ink cartridge to "continuous ink system".
I tried all advices read here but printer still fails to Normalize. Last resort I did was remove the hose/tubings attached to preholed cartridge and my printer just get back to normal.
The problem here I guess is that the tubes were somehow blocking the contacts of the cartridge to the print head.
Since this was the case, I just temporarily remove the continuous ink system and just manually inject the ink to the cartridges. Still saves me from buying new or replacement cartridges.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters