fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson RX500 print problems

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson RX500 print problems by cole (1/30/05 12:41 PM) reply + / -
Thanks in advance. I'm new to the digital photography world and give much credit to those that have persisted to an advanced level - i have had nothing but headaches from day one. I just purchased a RX500. Whether I print from my desktop, laptop or directly from a memory card to the RX500 a 4x6 is printed more like a 1x3. If anyone has an idea on how to fix this problem I would appreciate it. Cheers.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Wes (2/26/05 9:38 PM) reply + / -
It sounds like you have print a preview selected in the printer settings. Go into the printer settings and besure that the "Print Preview" is not selected.

I hope this helps,

Wes.

Re: Epson RX500 parts near end of service life by dmaybee (4/24/05 8:52 AM) reply+3 + / -
Have an Epson Stylus Photo RX500 that is 16 months old. I now get a message that says "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation". Can't find anything in the documentation to describe what parts need replacement. Any Suggestions????

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by newuser (4/24/05 9:29 AM) reply + / -
It is the protection counter error, the amount of ink discharged by the printer has reached the maximum value allowed and the printer requires to be reset.

To clear the error follow the instructions you can find here:

http://myprinter.altervista.org/simplefaq/mysimplefaq.html#counter

Once the error has been cleared the printer returns operative, however to avoid further problems you should check and clean the waste ink pads where discharged ink is stored.

To reach the pads you have to disassemble your printer, you can find an exploded diagram here:

http://www.compassmicro.com/parts.cfm

Pads to clean (or replace, CompassMicro should sell them) are parts #553 to #556, #540 and #541 listed at page #4.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Roc (5/11/05 2:10 PM) reply + / -
Have an Epson Stylus Photo RX500 (9 months old) on multipal copy print runs photos or text it will do 3/4 copys and then starts to print code (lines of letters and signs) pages of them what a wast of paper!!! any sugestions?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Denny Conway (5/11/05 5:45 PM) reply + / -
Roc: When a printer prints "jibberish" [random symbols and characters], or has communication problems, its usually caused by: #1 a bad/failing parallel printer cable. It can be caused by an old worn cable, or a poor quality cable [not bi-directional printer cable, or not an IEEE-1284 rated cable], or simply a loose connection on either end of your present cable [be sure cable is securely connected on both ends]. Inexpensive parallel cables are not usually shielded enough and are not always bi-directional. TECH NOTE: If you are using a USB CABLE, you will usually you have less communication problems caused by a bad or corrupted USB cable, but its possible. #2 bad/corrupted printer drivers: printer drivers are usually available online from EPSON at no charge; remove/de-install your old printer drivers and then go online and download the newest drivers available for your printer. If you use your old CD that came with your printer, then you are not getting the latest changes/updates available free from Epson Company...Here are some suggestions from the Epson Technical Support Department, that were previously posted on this Printer Repair site: "(1)Ensure STANDARD PORT TYPES is selected, and highlight PRINTER PORT, (2)Printer properties>remove ENABLE ADVANCED PRINTING FEATURES, (3)Printer porperties>ADVANCED tab>PRINT DIRECTLY TO THE PRINTER, (4)Clear out the TEMP files." ...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by CJS (5/11/05 8:37 PM) reply+2 + / -
At printer start-up, error light is illuminated and Printer Error appears on printer LCD screen. What must be done to reset and clear to allow printer to start?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Denny Conway (5/12/05 10:29 AM) reply + / -
CJS: I'm sorry, but I cannot really be of much actual help to you. Unfortunatly, most "Epson Authorized Service Dealers" are not actually trained on the newer epson printer models ["C","CX", "R" or "RX" models]. Up until 3/1/05, Epson Company did not even allow their dealers to work on those models under warranty. Prior to 3/1/05 epson would simply send a replacement printer in exchange for the defective warranty printer. After 3/1/05, many of the smaller ink jet models, including your RX500, were no longer eligible for replacement. Now they had to be actually repaired exclusively thru an Epson Customer Care Center [that epson authorized service dealer], even though most we were not actually trained on those models. Unfortunatly, epson company does not allow its dealers to release the information that is actually contained in the "Epson Service Manuals". So there's very little help I can provide on a printer I have never even seen, let alone worked on yet...JUST TO LET YOU KNOW: If your printer is still under its origional Factory Warranty, then there's no charge to talk to the "Epson Technical Support Department". That way you are talking directly with a technician, that is actually trained by Epson Company on your particular printer. To see available phone numbers for technical support and replacement parts ordering, go on-line to Epson @ " http://www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. If your printer is out of warranty, you will need a credit card, before the technicians can help you, because there is a charge for technical support over the phone...To try and locate an Epson Authorized Service Dealer in your area, call the "Epson Sales & Service Locator" @ 1-800-922-8911 [press 1, then 2], or the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 2, then 2, then 1, then 1 & follow prompts], or you can call these telephone numbers off the Epson web-site, under "Contact Us": in the US & Canada, call (800.463.7766) or (800.GO.EPSON)...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Denny Conway (5/12/05 10:31 AM) reply + / -
CJS...Just in case your printer is actually out of warranty, then here's some general information on "printer errors" in the newer models of printers: Most printer errors are caused by a problem in the "Carriage Assembly". With your printer turned off, reach over and turn it back on. When the "Print Cartridge Holder Assembly" unlocks and starts to move, unplug the power cord. Hopefully that assy will be unlocked and can be slid back-n-forth by hand. If that assy cannot move smoothly, then try wiping off all around the round metal carriage bar or shaft [that the print cartridge holder assembly moves back-n-forth on], with a lint free cloth. Also clean the outside of the metal bushings with q-tips, that the carriage bar passes thru, on both sides of the print cartridge holder assembly. You can also use alcohol on the cloth, if there is a lot of build-up on the carriage shaft/bar. Your RX500 printers carriage assembly requires grease, rather than an actual lubrication. I looked up that particular grease and its called "Carriage Greas - G58" and is epson part #1082176. That epson part number info is probably not that valuable, unless you want to order that particular grease. Just in case you are interested in ordering that grease, you can check with Compass Micro, Inc, located at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Its possible that the designation of "G58" may be a particular grade of grease, that you can possibly find at a automotive or hardware store, but you would have to actually check to find out. Apply some grease to that bar, on both sides of that holder assy and manually slide the holder assembly back and forth to spread out the grease. Then wipe of any excess lube or blackish build-up that appears on the bar...I hope that actually helps, but if not then you may have a possible hardware/part failure. EXAMPLES = A possible failing: Carriage Motor Assembly, Main Board Assembly, Carriage Home Position Sensor, CCD Nodule, Flourescent Lamp [in scanner assy], even a loose connector on main board. I'm sorry, but there's no way to actually know, especially on a printer that I'm not trained on. Those are simply some of the most common printer error problems, on some of the newer models of epson printers. You may even need to actually remove the the upper case of the scanner assy, just to do troubleshooting. You may need to go on-line and try and locate an actual service manual, if available yet on that newer model, just to use as reference in trying to troubleshoot your printers problem...I'm sorry, not much actual help, I know...Again, Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by skubs (5/16/05 1:45 AM) reply + / -
My Epson RX500 takes about 30 seconds before it starts printing the first page of a print job. Subsequent pages print immediately after the first.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Denny Conway (5/16/05 12:43 PM) reply + / -
skubs: It actually sounds like you may have a problem in your computer system, rather than in your printer. You printer simply receives communication, in the form of data from your computer, thru the printer cable, which tells it what to print. The only thing I can suggest is that you delete your printer and then go on-line to the epson web-site and download new printer drivers and see if that helps. As drivers are FREE, I usually recommend trying those first if you have a possible communication problem. Bad or corrupted drivers can cause many problems. You can download the latest available drivers from the Epson Home Page at http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp . DEINSTALL [remove] your old printers first and then go to the epson.com web-site. Click-on your particular area, where you live [example: USA]. Then click-on DRIVERS AND SUPPORT and then click-on your particular type of Epson Printer [example: INKJET]. Look under the Ink Jet Printers for your "Epson Stylus Photo RX500" and click-on it. Once the DRIVERS & DOWNLOAD PAGE opens, read the INFORMATION to locate your particular SYSTEM [Win's 95,98,ME,2000.etc.] and then click-on it. Follow the directions and read all the available information concerning your systems driver downloads. Finally at the bottom of the page, click-on "Printer Software Installation for Windows ___ [Epson Printers]", or the "Download" option button. After the downloading utility opens, read the download information available, make your choices and complete the installation...If new drivers does not actually help, then you may need to get help from a computer technician/person, rather than an actual printer technician, on this Printer Repair Site. Generally speaking, we work on the actual printer problems, printer cable problems and printer driver related problems, but not on the actual computer system related problems, on this fixyourownprinter repair site. I do hope someone else reads your posted message, that may be able to help you further, but if not, then you may need to seek help elsewhere for your possible computer related problem...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Denis Araslanov (6/1/05 12:17 AM) reply + / -
Error masage:

Printer error

What may it be! Sory if I'm writing some not understendable! I'm Russian!

Thank's for help, if it can be!
P.S. Sh..t! I'm not known english correctly! :)

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Wes (6/1/05 12:37 AM) reply + / -
let us know the exact error message. And maybe we can help. . .

Use this site http://translation.paralink.com/ and type your message in Russian. Then translate it into English.

http: // translation.paralink.com/ -. .

I hope this helps,

Wes.

, ,

Wes.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Denis Araslanov (6/1/05 1:06 AM) reply + / -
For Wes Yours faithfully Araslanov Denis!

Extract error massage: "Printer error -> See your documentation and call service if necessary"

Thanks for the reference on the translator! Very much saves time and grammar! :)

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by johnbars (6/3/05 11:05 AM) reply+2 + / -
Ive had an epson RX500 since christmas and ive always had problems with the print quality. The image looks perfect on screen but when printed the image comes out too dark and it lacks depth of colour. I have tried playing with the 'advanced' settings and the brightness controls but it has made no difference.
Can anybody please help?!?

Thanks
Johnbars

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (7/28/05 2:09 PM) reply + / -
Are you double color managing. When you print with preview make sure color settings are the same as source.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by spsiege (10/2/05 9:09 AM) reply + / -
I have a epson rx500. Everything was fine then the error message part is near the end of its life showed up. I reset the counter and it started working again, but the light blue does not print. I clean the print head several times and it starts printing for a day then the next day the same thing. Could it be something got damaged inside? Thanks Bruce

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Steve Milton (11/15/05 2:18 PM) reply + / -
We purchased Epson RX500 in March. I am now having problems with the lack of color in photos. There is no green. Any ideas?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by zombywoof (11/16/05 12:08 AM) reply-1 + / -
Johnbars,

your entry caught my eye. chances are you're on win xp sp2 and print through a windows native print programme?

if not ignore me, but if so, the windows sp2 is to blame. this is documented on epsons site. basically do a complete trash and reinstall, check out their advanced settings and whatnot on the site (they actually have specific settings to berid of this nuisance) and then try using a different program.

let me know how this works out,

cheers.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by natalie (11/26/05 12:55 AM) reply+1 + / -
My printer has been absolutely wonderful for over a year, now all of a sudden it won't pull paper through correctly. The paper is new, and good quality. It scrunches it all up and then says something about paper jam. I remove it, check everything, there is no torn paper or anything I can see. Happens over and over and I cannot print. Weird thing, though. On the roller is a white powderlike residue in one spot. Looks like whiteout. I thought maybe that was messing up a sensor or something, so I cleaned it off. No better, and when I checked it again, the white stuff was back???????????????????? Do not understand what this is. Can anyone help? Thanks, Natalie

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by natalie (11/26/05 1:01 AM) reply + / -
My printer has been absolutely wonderful for over a year, now all of a sudden it won't pull paper through correctly. The paper is new, and good quality. It scrunches it all up and then says something about paper jam. I remove it, check everything, there is no torn paper or anything I can see. Happens over and over and I cannot print. Weird thing, though. On the roller is a white powderlike residue in one spot. Looks like whiteout. I thought maybe that was messing up a sensor or something, so I cleaned it off. No better, and when I checked it again, the white stuff was back???????????????????? Do not understand what this is. Can anyone help? Thanks, Natalie

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by paulday (11/26/05 1:16 AM) reply + / -
there is probably something stuck down in the paper feeder. dont be surprised that you cant see it easily, things can go quite a way down into the printer.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by nickgun (11/26/05 4:42 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi all,

just had a strange fault occur on my up until now 100% reliable 18 month old RX500. Having printed a document it told me my black ink cart' was empty, I replaced the cart' as I have done literally dozens of times - then on closing the printer it comes up with:

PRINTER ERROR > SEE YOUR DOCUMENTATION AND CALL SERVICE IF NECESSARY.

I've checked to see if the cart' is installed correct (which it is) and also to see if anything is obsructing the carriage and done the usual power off > then power on but to no avail.

If anyone could shed any light it'd be most appreciated as its now out of warranty and as a professional designer its not something I can live without for long :-(

many thanks in advance

Nick Gun

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by zombywoof (11/26/05 3:47 PM) reply + / -
As a designer you probably do a heck of a lot of printing, especially lots of colours and inks and whatnot. If out of nowhere it is giving you this, it may be the waste ink tank. Search this site and check it out - it just may explain whats going on and how to properly remedy it.

From what I've read in the new epson manuals, they now have a seperate error to let you know the waste ink tank is full, but their older models don't have this luxury.

Cheers.

Epson RX500 communication problem by lblind (11/27/05 3:52 PM) reply+1 + / -
Hi everyone, I'll try to be brief but complete.

My RX500 is connected to a Gateway 835GM running XP Home. It used to work fine. Lately, however, the Epson Status Monitor alternates between "Ready to print" with the ink levels displayed, and "Communication Error" with no ink levels showing.

I have tried the following steps already with no success:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled printer driver (several times, both from the original Epson disc, and by updating the driver at Epson's site).
2. Changed the USB cable.
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled all USB ports on the Gateway as per a Gateway technicians advice.

Here is the weird part, when I connect the RX500 to my HP laptop (also running XP Home) the printer works fine. I also have several other printers connected to the Gateway that work fine.

Please respond if you can help in any way...reinstalling XP is quickly becomming my last resort.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by nickgun (11/28/05 7:01 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the info - couldn't actually find anything relating to it but have just taken the RX500 to my local Epson Express dealer who was surprisingly helpful.
He reset the usage and waste pad counters, think the usage one is the one which was causing the trouble, apparantly after the print head assembly has been back and forth 40,000 times it requires a factory reset ? (and I run on MAC OS X so no available downloads).

Anyhow he did the whole thing while I waited for 10 +VAT which is 11.75 sterling which considering it was rendered useless as a printer I thought was very resonable, altho if Epson told you in any documentation that you'd need this eventually it would be better...

Anyhow problem solved and thanks for your help.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by suzerne (12/9/05 1:00 PM) reply+1 + / -
Hello! My Epson Stylus RX500 tells me the ink is low on the colours, well before they could have possibly run out, then that the ink has run out, then it refuses to print. I have tried removing then replacing the same cartridges but it does not work, it knows it is the same cartridge and will not print until I put a new one in. The cartridges still have plently of ink in them when I take them out. I am using compatible cartridges, not the official ones. Help!!!!

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (12/18/05 6:37 AM) reply + / -
You need to buy a re-setter for your cartridges. You can purchase one from "www.distribution-online.com" for about $10. I have used their re-setter and their inks and cartridges on my RX500 with good success and saving many dollars.
Jack

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (12/18/05 8:32 AM) reply + / -
my RX500 prints these bands or lines on all the photos i print. The heads are clean, the test print out looks fine. Im running most recent OS X and have the up to date drivers. Anyone else see this?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (12/18/05 10:56 AM) reply + / -
I am also have this problem. Does anyone know what is causing the problem?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Mzapp (12/26/05 10:55 AM) reply + / -
For weeks on and off my printer has been working thne not working, when it is working things go great, but when its not working it give s me the "paper jam please press color button" message it wont respond and it wont scan my slides please help!!!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Dandilion (12/27/05 10:46 PM) reply + / -
I don't use epson cartridges and haven't for a year. I print a lot of color. Suddenly my printer started showing that it could not identify the cartridges. I went out and bought epson cartridges and it worked fine. When the light cyan ran out I replaced it will an off brand cartridge and it then said that the black cartridge needed replaced. I tried replacing the black cartridge (which was epson and full) but it still gave me the error message. The printer will not work at all. I tried ordering refillable cartridges and they won't work either. Any suggestions?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Dandilion (12/28/05 9:06 AM) reply + / -
What the error message actually says is that the black cartridge cannot be recognized by this printer and it is grayed out. I used a chip resetter to no avail.

Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (1/6/06 6:12 PM) reply + / -
I am also starting to see this exact problem with the black bands down the side of the photo I try to print. Has anyone figured this out?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (1/8/06 8:46 AM) reply+1 + / -
I've recently developed problems in printing color photos. I generally print through Photoshop 7, but the problem exists regardless of venue. Problem: All colors "posterize" with very extremely "psychedelic" color representation ( inaccurate hues regardless of posterization). No "posterize" has been selected for any running program. The settings on the printer appear to be accurate. I've selected the correct paper and the "photo" Quality Option . I've also tried to reset default settings . Oh... the test page prints fine with the "windows" logo showing accurate colors.
Thanks for any input....

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by dandilion (1/8/06 1:01 PM) reply + / -
It seems to me that these printers may be lemons. I've ordered another one just like the old one to trade off... I hope I'm not sorry. Since no one has posted a solution...I will let you know what the repair person says when I take it in.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by specter (1/18/06 6:33 AM) reply+1 + / -
printer is 3 years old, recently it started having some type of power problems. I will try to turn on the printer and mode lights will come on and go off within 5 seconds, repeat this process and it will do the same thing 3 timee, then nothing. Pull the power plug, put back into wall, it will do this 3 more times then again nothing. Left unplugged 24 hours, did the exact same thing. Running windows xp home on a dell celeron computer.

dont think this is a computer problem, as this will happen even with the computer off (should work in standalone)

HELP !

specter

Epson RX500 use scanner without replacing ink by new (1/24/06 11:35 PM) reply+2 + / -
It seems when the ink needs replacing the whole unit totally shuts down until the ink is replaced. I only need to scan photos into my computer. Is there any way to bypass this "Error" message and use only the scanner?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by dcarrera (1/27/06 11:25 AM) reply + / -
RX 500 prints,scans, reads media cards and prints,in stand alone mode, but will not communicate with any PC, Win 98SE to XP Professional. Is there a replacement USB interface availble? Done all the usual suspects, uninstall, registry clean etc.
Any help appreciated. .....I can fix anything........... most of the time.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Motley (1/27/06 11:35 AM) reply + / -
"My RX500 prints these bands or lines on all the photos i print. The heads are clean, the test print out looks fine."

Does anyone know what this could be?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (1/27/06 11:54 AM) reply + / -
Change your settings to text and photo or just photo.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by waldo47 (2/6/06 6:02 PM) reply+2 + / -
Fortunately I am not having any printing problems with my RX500 Printer, yet. My problem is that I can't get the printer to turn on. Yes, it's plugged in and there is power to the circuit. I press and hold the power button but absolutely nothing happens. I still have 10 days until the warranty ends, but would like some input before I take it in for service, assuming the service center Epson recommends can work on this machine.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by specter (2/7/06 6:39 AM) reply + / -
dont wait - get the warranty process started NOW !

epson, like other manufacturers, are making their printer almost disposable for a repair cost

if its under warranty - get started NOW - with their lag behind in terms of service, you may get it fixed under the timelimit of the warranty

Re: RX500 - new Epson cartridge not recognized ! by rx500dude (2/15/06 7:17 PM) reply + / -
Though I replaced my empty yellow cartridge with a new Epson one (per the manual), the printer would not recognize the cartridge.
My printer is 2 years old and doesn't get much use.

After inspecting the cartridge pins on inside of the holder, I found one that was pushed in from the rest.

After a little (slight) adjustment, my printer is no longer a paperweight.

I searched high and low for someone with a similar problem with no luck.

Hope this helps you. The local repair shop wanted $150 just to look.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Jess5555 (2/27/06 3:19 PM) reply + / -
My printer is giving me an error message:
Printer error, see documentation and call service if necessary.

When I called service they said that my warranty was up and it would cost $10 just for them to even talk to me.

Any suggestions????

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by dangerousdave (4/5/06 11:58 AM) reply + / -
All my photios are printed very dark.
Any ideas on how to correct?

Epson RX500 print problems- error by zatomik (4/24/06 4:37 PM) reply+1 + / -
EPSON RX500

LCD Displays Error - "Yellow Ink Out"

The ink cartridge has been replaced twice.
1st time with off-brand
2nd time with genuine Epson Yellow cartridge

The error message will not disappear and nothing can be printed.

Red exclamation point will not go off.
Tried power-cycling the printer ad nauseum.

Any suggestions on how to get the printer to register that ink has indeed been installed?

This thing quickly became an enormous paperweight and I'd like to get it functioning again.

Cheers

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by runningrabbit (5/11/06 8:04 AM) reply + / -
I have had my Epson RX500 for 1 year and 4 months now. I have been very happy with it until last night when it completely stopped working.

When I tried to turn it off, it would not shut off. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and I got a red warning light for about 5 seconds and then it went away but the printer was not on. Now whenever I try to turn it on, nothing happens. I have tried different outlets, I have it disconnected from the computer and it still will not turn on.

I have looked online at the epson site and they are very unhelpful. Their suggestion, after going through their help system, is to have it serviced. I am not about to send the printer somewhere I don't know about, or what the problem really is or how much it is going to cost. I cannot believe the thing has lasted only a little more than 1 year.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by dan ant (5/13/06 2:10 PM) reply-1 + / -
I need help. I printed a picture and it did not come out nice.
I checked the ink levels and they showed full.
I pulled the inks out of the cradle and the first three were empty and the other three were about half full. I installed all six of them at the same time two weeks ago and they printed great. It seems like there is fresh ink inside of printer. What could cause them to leak? and still show full ????

Re: Epson RX500 print problems HELP!!!! by kimba (5/13/06 4:16 PM) reply + / -
Hi!

I recently moved and also got a new computer. I've installed the drivers from epson for my rx500 printer and it prints ok--the problem is that there is no way for me to access the scanner or memory card. I lost the original software that came with the printer. Is there somewhere I can get the software needed to scan with my printer? Thanks in advance!

Kimba

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (5/18/06 9:22 AM) reply + / -
I have had very similar problems with my RX500. The printer will stop responding to any button presses and will not turn off at all. If I unplug it and plug it back in, sometimes it will come back but eventually locks up entirely. Epson has been zero help with the problem and suggest I sent it in for service. I know better than to do that.

Is there anyone out there that has had similar symptoms? This must not be a real common problem as I have seen few posts that are similar.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by lucid (5/27/06 10:37 PM) reply + / -
lblind,

I am having the same "Communication Error" problem with my RX500 and I've tryed everything you have. I noticed no one wrote anything back to you. I wanted to know if you figured out anything new on how to go about fixing the problem. I'll post up anything I find out. Thanx.

Re: Epson RX500 communication problem by Anonymous (5/27/06 10:47 PM) reply + / -
lblind,

I am having the same "Communication Error" problem with my RX500 and I've tryed everything you have. I noticed no one wrote anything back to you. I wanted to know if you figured out anything new on how to go about fixing the problem. I'll post up anything I find out. Thanx.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (6/1/06 6:53 AM) reply + / -
You will need to clean the contacts on the cartridge and inside the printer with rubbing alcohol, something is blocking the chip on the cartridge from being read by the printer.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (6/7/06 6:54 AM) reply + / -
I bought epson rx500 about 1 month ago, but have not opened it yet until last night, I went through all the setup procedures and tried to turn it on, but there is no power, change other outlet, but still no power....man this is really sucks.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (6/18/06 6:49 PM) reply + / -
I'm having some printing problems with my RX500. It's folding the bottom right-hand corner and bogging down when I print a document with text there. (Like a web page with the date/time tag.)

I've cleaned the nozzles and done a nozzle check, and everything seems fine. It prints pages with no text down there perfectly.

Any ideas?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by guido (7/13/06 8:25 PM) reply + / -
That's very interesting....my 13 month old RX500 was fine until a couple of days ago. I used it then without a problem, kept it on for a couple of days (normally I turn it off when I don't need it - ie, it has low mileage). When I tried to turn it off, it wouldn't, so I turned it off at the power bar. Today, I tried to turn it on and only the memory card light and scan light come on. No noise or anything. I unplugged the usb cable in the printer and even tried a different ac plug (which isn't really necessary, since I am getting power).

I am not spending any more money for Epson's sake to make it work. It's hardly used and 13 months old. Are we suppose to replace these things every year like we do shoes? Really??

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by guido (7/13/06 8:56 PM) reply + / -
That's very interesting....my 13 month old RX500 was fine until a couple of days ago. I used it then without a problem, kept it on for a couple of days (normally I turn it off when I don't need it - ie, it has low mileage). When I tried to turn it off, it wouldn't, so I turned it off at the power bar. Today, I tried to turn it on and only the memory card light and scan light come on. No noise or anything. I unplugged the usb cable in the printer and even tried a different ac plug (which isn't really necessary, since I am getting power).

I am not spending any more money for Epson's sake to make it work. It's hardly used and 13 months old. Are we suppose to replace these things every year like we do shoes? Really??

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Nina (8/11/06 10:38 AM) reply + / -
I have a RX500 ( about years old). When printer turns on is makes a loud grinding noise for about a second , then it sounds like it is loading paper , but won''t load any , then it begins to print for a second or two
and then it stops and gives error message. I believe the ink cartrigde was not loaded properly and that the print assembly is out of alignment. Help please. Nina

Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (8/30/06 2:33 PM) reply + / -
I have had almost identical symptoms with my RX500. It stops working and then will not turn off. After repeated attempts at unplugging the power and plugging it back in, it sometimes will start working for a little while. Then it stops again.

The frequency of this is increasing. I suspect it is in the computer main board. I have a service manual and am going to attempt to diagnose the problem.

Nothing from Epson is of any use and this machine is out of warranty. It would be cheaper to buy a machine used for spare parts, I suspect.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (8/30/06 2:39 PM) reply + / -
I have had almost identical problems. I suspect it is a design defect in the computer main board. I've got a service manual and am going to tackle the issue. But, I suspect I'll have to replace the C554 main board.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (8/30/06 3:26 PM) reply + / -
I just had the exact issue happen. Tried multiple outlets, and Epsons site. My scanner light comes on and nothing else. Pushed every button, reset, you name it. Nothing. I don't see a solution anywhere.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Le Cid (9/5/06 2:04 PM) reply + / -
I have had my Epson RX 500 for about 20 months. I use it moderately. I went to print something the other day, but my printer would not print black. I ran the head cleaner, replaced the black cartridge, but no black as of yet.
HELP!!!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by ibelieve (9/6/06 1:49 PM) reply + / -
Anyone have an idea how much the scanner lamp costs for this printer? Mine just went out and I suspect that taking it in for service will cost more than getting a new one.

Anyone have one of these for parts?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by epson rx500 (9/10/06 10:00 AM) reply + / -
prints comes out blurry. I HAVE DID HEAD CLEANING AND ALIGNMENTS OVER AND OVER, NOTHING WORKED. I HAVE CHANGED CARTRIDGES, SAME PROBLEM. PLEASE, LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO ALIGN IT BETTER BEFORE I GO BLIND. HELP!

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (9/18/06 4:33 AM) reply + / -
I am having this same problem. With my old laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5100, the prints matched the monitor beautifully. I just purchased a new laptop, a Dell Inspiron E1505. The monitor color is beautiful, the prints stink. I have calibrated my monitor with Spyder software. I have adjusted the settings per the Epson web site, I believe I have adjusted everything on the laptop and the printer. I finally gave up and reset everything (laptop and printer) to sRGB. Still, unless I lighten each print, they print too dark and in the case of my last print, the color is off. ANY help is greatly appreciated as I'm getting ready to throw this printer out and go for another brand.

Error Message: Replace color cartridges - UGH! by Quint (9/19/06 12:15 PM) reply + / -
Hi -- I saw a similar message posted earlier, but still want to see if anyone has a good solution.

Besides the fact that my RX500 prints really darkly, right now it doesn't do anything at all. Every time I start it up, it has the running error message "Replace Cyan, Black, etc." All my ink cartridges are full, Epson brand, pushed in correctly, and clean on contacts. I can't even use the card scanner, or the flatbed scanner.

Really disappointed. Anyone know how to fix this without having to go out and buy more?

Thanks.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by miljan (10/8/06 1:13 PM) reply + / -
Hey, I am having the exact same problem (cartridges not recognized on Epson RX500). I am using eBay generic cartridges. First the problem was with Light Magenta, and now it's all 6 of them. :( I was wondering if you found something out about this. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Rick Franklin (10/22/06 10:04 PM) reply + / -
I have been unable to use my Photo Stylus RX500 for a month. It started out with the "parts are at the end of service life" message, and now when I power up, it just shows "Error. See printer documentation."

I have purchased and used the head cleaning kit, and it seems to have unclogged the heads, as yellow was not printing at all before the crash, and I now get plenty of yellow on the paper towel fragments I place on the waste ink pads.

I have also downloaded and run the SSC Service Utility, and cleared the counter overflow. I then performed a soft reset. The printer still just brings up the error upon powering up, and will not respond to any commands.

I have tried holding down the Eject button while powering up, but that doesn't help, either. Does anyone know which button(s) I should hold down to reset the printer, if it can be done on this model?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you can provide.

Rick Franklin

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous 17 (10/27/06 4:55 PM) reply + / -
My rx500 says: Error yellow ink out
red exclamation mark is on and the setup button is illuminated when the copy button should be illuminated
It refuses to print and I don't even need yellow!
How can I get the copy button to light up and the printer printing without having to change one cartridge?
P.S. I have already tried reseting it and pressing other buttons like menu, the error message won't go away

Won't Turn On by Rowdy (12/2/06 3:07 AM) reply + / -
Epson RX500..... will power up sometimes and then dies. If it does not power up and I unplug it and wait two hours, then it tries to power up, but does not quite make it. No error message - just blank. Unplug and immediately try to power up, NOTHING. Wait two or three hrs and it TRIES, but does not quite make it. Some kind of capacitor problem in the ON/OFF button or main board???? 13 months old.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (12/2/06 8:18 PM) reply + / -
I found the buttons to press in order to reset the printer (clear the red exclamation point). It was in the help files of the SSC service utility:

EPSON RX500

Press all following buttons :Power, Load/Eject, Stop, B&W, Color, after this printer turns on and you'll see "Init eeprom" on printer screen.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by sknyah (12/10/06 6:14 AM) reply + / -
Hello..
i lost my printer's setup CD, and formated my computer...what should i do? i cant use the printer anymore!!

Epson RX500 grinding noise by Anonymous (12/13/06 4:50 AM) reply + / -
Nina, I had the same problem. When I powered on the RX500, it mad a terrible grinding noise for a couple of seconds and then I would get a scanner error. I tried all sorts of troubleshooting, but nothing.

Until, by accident, I noticed a slide switch an the left front side of the scanning bed. Lift up the scanning cover and make sure this is not in the locked position. If I remember right, this is a lock for moving or shipping the scanner. I have no clue how mine got put in the lock position, but, that's all it took. Works fine now.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems HELP!!!! by Anonymous (12/16/06 3:39 PM) reply + / -
http://www.epson.com

Go there, select "downloads and support", then select your operating system (Windows XP, ME, or 2000)
and know if you have a 64 bit processor or not. Select the proper software, download and install!

Good luck!

Hal

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by illy (1/5/07 4:06 PM) reply + / -
Can anyone tell if or how to make my Epson RX500 print two sided or duplex?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by afehr (1/17/07 5:32 PM) reply + / -
My colour has been printing all screwed up, finally I pinpointed the problem, it seems to be identifying the greys as pink/light magenta. If I print a gradated bar going from black to white, it starts out black, goes pink/lm and then to white. All my inks are full or nearly so. I have done a head alignment, head cleaning and no change.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems too blue by EGY (2/14/07 5:35 AM) reply+1 + / -
My Epson RX500 was printing great, and now all my black and white brochures are coming out blue/almost purple and white. Any suggestions?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by dlakoduk (2/24/07 7:43 AM) reply + / -
Recently, I purchased some cleaning solution to clear the print heads and nozzles on my RX500, I proceded through the instructions to the point where the problem was narrowed down to either the 'print head' or the 'main board'. There are links to three sites where further help can be obtained included with the instructions, but none of these sites have my printer in their lists. My email to the source of the cleaning solution, for some unknown reason couldn't be delivered,( I re-checked it for any errors and re-sent it) but in the meantime, does anyone have any information on how to make these kind of repairs at home, my machine is already out of warranty, and this printer has some features that I would really like to see operating again. Thank You very much for any help. Dave

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (2/24/07 1:27 PM) reply + / -
You may need to purchase a seperate (optional at original purchase)attachment in order to acheive this function, similar to the same type of attachment made for HP's Photosmart 7760.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Abernathy03 (2/25/07 6:47 PM) reply + / -
Please Help!!! I have just had to re-load my PC and I have lost the original installation CD for my RX500. I went to the Epson site and downloaded all of the available drivers, etc... but I can no longer access the scanner. What can I do and/or where can I get an original installation CD?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (3/14/07 9:56 AM) reply + / -
Same thing happened to me. Authorized dealer surmised that it was the "power up" board that was faulty. But, I wonder??????

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by frustrated.user (3/23/07 12:32 AM) reply + / -
When I scan or print a text file, my printer treats it as a color picture. As a result a scanned page makes a very heavy file because the white background of the page is treated as color, and when I print, it is the same problem. I tried changing settings, and looked everywhere for help, but could not find an answer.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by angelfehr (3/23/07 10:23 AM) reply + / -
When scanning a document, you need an OCR (optical character recognition) program which Epson does not include with the printer software bundle.

To reduce the size of your document without using OCR, try scanning in Black & White or in Grayscale mode. Lower the dpi (try 200 dpi). You can also tweak the brightness or contrast - if you brighten things up it shouldn't try to print the white background. You can do all this by changing the mode to Home Mode, or, if you are still having trouble, you have more options yet in Professional mode.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (3/23/07 1:49 PM) reply + / -
Thank You!!! This reset my printer, got rid of that exclamation point and now it prints. I really love this printer. Thank you so much.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Beth1107 (3/25/07 12:45 PM) reply + / -
I also have this error on my printer. Can anyone help?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (4/18/07 9:17 AM) reply + / -
Resetting the "parts within the printer have reached the end of their service life" message that stops the printer from printing.

For the RX500 (should also work on the RX520 but have not tried it)

From a "Cold" start (Printer Off)
Hold down the "Clear + Setup + On" buttons

When the "red" LED near the "Power" button starts to flash let go of the three buttons.

The Display will show one of four messages:
Copy Endurance
Spd up/Slow down
Self start
Rst. Ink OFC

Use the "Select" arrow buttons to scroll to "Rst. Ink OFC"
Press the "Color" button. It will instruct you to "push power sw"
Press the "On" (Power On/Off) button. The printer will do it's thing and turn off.

Your Done.

Note: When the printer throws a "parts within the printer have reached the end of their service life" message and you do the above to clear the "error" the printer thinks you have changed the ink "overflow" absorption pads. They will continue to fill, if they overflow, well you know the mess inkjet ink makes when any of it gets on things you don't want it on. You've been warned!

To reach the pads you have to disassemble your printer. For an exploded view of the printer. Start here:

http://www.compassmicro.com/parts.cfm

Shown on page #4 of the exploded view. The pads to clean (or replace, CompassMicro should sell them to you) are: #553 to #556, #540 and #541 (for a total of six pads).

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by ChrisH. (4/26/07 6:01 AM) reply + / -
Hey Nick, I am having the exact same problem...Let me know what you have done or what your prognosis for your printer is/was...Thanks...Chris

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (4/26/07 6:16 AM) reply + / -
Have you found a solution to this problem? My color is WAY off and I don't know why. I use a Dell Inspiron 1505 running XPSP2. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the Epson site is of NO use whatsoever.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (4/26/07 6:18 AM) reply + / -
Where did you find the SSC Service Utility?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by E-Dog (5/9/07 6:01 PM) reply + / -
My printer keeps printing a log page after my docs print. How do I disable this "feature"?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by amch44 (5/9/07 7:42 PM) reply+1 + / -
My RX500 was printing fine but now I get loud noise and the printer aborts the job with a paper jam error on the display. Seems to be a feeder problem, but I can't see any obstructions - is there any way to open the thing up so I can inside better?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Phillip Hawyes (7/9/07 11:38 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know how to print in greyscale, using black cartridges, when the colour cartridges have ran out?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (7/14/07 6:25 AM) reply + / -
Have had the same problem, try switching the unit on and then disconnecting the power cord from the back of the unit.After plugging the cord back in and restarting my printer worked perfectly. without having to spend a fortune, hope this helps.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Raja Dave (8/16/07 1:41 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know a way of overridding the way the printer states that the ink cartridge is empty and so you must change to a new one. Sometimes I can shake the "empty" cartridge and suddenly its now 15% full again - wow!. It would be good to only need to change the cartridge when the printer stops printing rather than when the machine tells me. Any ideas?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by SPMK (8/25/07 11:35 AM) reply+1 + / -
Theres an error on the screen: Scanner Error-See Your Documentations and call service if necassery" I can't even get to the troubleshoot screen, or any other screen for that matter.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Mary072800 (9/5/07 1:16 PM) reply + / -
I purchased this printer about two years ago, but didn't actually need to use it right away. In fact, I didn't open and install it until a little over a month ago. It worked beautifully. Then, all of a sudden, it simply would not even turn on. AFTER ONLY ONE MONTH, and maybe four prints. Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on, and how to fix it?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Porsche (10/17/07 5:16 PM) reply + / -
I too am getting this eror message. It started after I had a paper jam that I pulled out .then the red exclamation mark is always on. I have tried the button reset as has been suggested to no avail. I have even taken the whole prnter apart ,ran the pads under water cleaned them as best as they could get cleaned ,Reset the counters with the utility but nothing seems to work.The scanner is the only thing working at this point. Does anyone have any other ideas ???

Thaks in advance.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by MJ W (11/10/07 12:42 PM) reply + / -
I was having a problem with poor printing no solid lines when you do the test cleaned the head still no joy cleaned the base of the print heads with a printer flush solution now it not printing at all hope you can help

i found this info on another site it may helps people with service issues

esetting the "parts within the printer have reached the end of their service life" message that stops the printer from printing.

When the "red" LED near the "Power" button starts to flash let go of the three buttons.

Copy Endurance
Spd up/Slow down
Self start
Rst. Ink OFC

Press the "On" (Power On/Off) button. The printer will do it's thing and turn off.

Your Done.

Note: When the printer throws a "parts within the printer have reached the end of their service life" message and you do the above to clear the "error" the printer thinks you have changed the ink "overflow" absorption pads. They will continue to fill, if they overflow, well you know the mess inkjet ink makes when any of it gets on things you don't want it on. You've been warned!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by M J W (11/12/07 9:32 AM) reply + / -
my printer does not print at all but when you run it through the head clean there is pleanty of ink on the pad that cleans it any help from anyone on this

Thaks in advance

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by M J (11/12/07 9:36 AM) reply + / -
you can reset the ink cartridge with a ink level resetter try this site for it www.jettecjetset.com

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by mondayew (11/25/07 11:43 AM) reply + / -
My RX500 has printed good photo's for the last 2 years now all of a sudden everything has too much green, around the hair line, and body lines its just like green everywhere does anyone have a soloution or experienced the same problem HELP

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (11/27/07 2:57 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for your tip on holding down the Power,Load/Eject/Start/Color/Stop buttons! My printer has worked perfectly for years and when I moved it two feet (literally) and plugged it into a new computer, it stopped working. I knew that it wasn't anything mechanical. Holding down those buttons fixed it instantly. You may want to mention, after it says "Init EEPROM" you need to turn the printer off, wait a few seconds, then on again. At least I did.
Thanks again!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by chendezbecky (edited 12/27/07 11:18 PM) reply + / -

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by chendezbecky (edited 12/27/07 11:19 PM) reply+1 + / -
need help with my printer i just got it for a friend and i want to scan picz only ....when i turn it on it says error:lightmagenta ink cartridge error cartridge replacement is necessary. press the color button to begin.
and i want to scan picz ....it won't let me ....only the copy button is on .i can't press the scan button...and when i go to the Epson smart panel it says "unable to access the scanner because it is not ready or another application is using it. please make sure that the scanner is on and connected to you computer or close all scanning applications ....

plz help
thanxz

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (12/28/07 1:41 AM) reply + / -
You have to replace the ink its that simple and then it will work OK

Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by chendezbecky (12/28/07 12:28 PM) reply + / -
ok thanxz ...but i have a question what does the ink have to do with the scanner ...i can care less about the ink ...i just want to scan ...any ways thanxz i will do that then ....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (12/29/07 1:57 AM) reply + / -
It just how the the rx500 checks the system and you can reset the ink level read my other posts

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by chendezbecky (12/29/07 11:19 PM) reply + / -
ok thanxz

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by chendezbecky (1/6/08 12:54 AM) reply+2 + / -
hey i did want you said ...and now i can push buttons but i can't printer any thing for my computer or scan any thing it keeps saying
"Unable to access the scanner because it is not ready or another application is using it .Please make sure that the scanner is on the connected to your computer, or close all scanning applications."

it looks like every thing works on the printer .i have everything connected ...can any one help me

plz and thanxz

P.S
Every time i turn on my printer sum thing pops up ...
it says ...
USB device not recognized
one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunction and windows does not recognize it for assistance in solving this problem..

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by gpb (1/6/08 11:50 AM) reply + / -
I know you are not supposed to shut off the printer if it is charging but mine has been doing so for an hour or so. I have had the printer for a couple of years and have never had this problem. Usually it charges quickly. Will I damage anything but shutting it down? Thanks! GPB

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Chelsey (1/6/08 2:18 PM) reply + / -
My printer says: Error Scanner error-> See your documentation and call service if necessary. The little exclaimation mark is lit up and it makes a loud noise when i turn it on. What it wrong?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Chelsey (1/6/08 2:21 PM) reply + / -
It is an EPSON STYLUS PHOTO RX500.
Thanx

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (1/6/08 2:45 PM) reply + / -
Check the scanner lock.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by MJW (1/6/08 3:53 PM) reply + / -
reinstall drivers

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by jpkiser2 (1/10/08 10:35 AM) reply + / -
This power-up problem seems to be popular...yet Epson support has not heard of it being an issue. yah right.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by TRC (edited 1/12/08 2:47 AM) reply + / -
I have just move my RX500 to a New PC which runs Vista. All is fine except I cannot now do double sided printing? If I look at the properties, where is says double sided printing available it now states NO

Epson, youve lost your path! by jkovacs (1/18/08 12:00 AM) reply + / -
Okay, Epson executives, prick up your ears! Your corporation is in a clear death spiral. Investors, dump your stock, NOW! And, heres whyyour tech support and customer service people are so utterly powerless and under trained, and under supported, the Epson brand is to sure die an unceremonious death in the marketplace. Your tech and customer support people just seem when interacting with them to be baffled, ignorant and powerless. They are given no spending latitude what so ever to help your post-sales customers. Your support staff are, in my opinion, the proverbial dead canaries in the mind shaft. Your brand is sure to die because of your greedy corporate customer support policy, that prevent your staff from offering proper support to printers currently out of warranty.

Your corporation has turned your tech and customer support people into eunuchs with NO ability to support your post-sales customers. Its sad really. I hate to see an established brand bleed itself to death in this way, but thats exactly what youre doing.

I made the unfortunate error of purchasing the Epson Stylus Photo RX500 printer, and now that its out of warranty and a $2 part (a simple print cartridge reading pin) broke, the $400 printer is now useless -- after only about 500 pages of printing. The pin broke, after changing changing a cartridge and Im told by Epson the part is not available anywhere unless, get this, I pay a third party parts distributor $300!! For a carriage assy (part #501), So, heres the thing, I can buy the same today printer for $80 off of Ebay used or refurbished. Im not foolish enough to pay that much for a broken printer all over again.

So Epsons support people keep telling me they are incapable of identifying or sending me a replacement part a measley pin that snaps on and off the I/C holder which is a part of the carriage assy. End of story. Im not paying $300 to repair a printer I paid $400 for 2 years ago! So, my RX500 is going to the landfill. Thanks, but no thanks Epson, youre customer support is so poor I WILL NOT RECOMMEND EPSON product to anyone I meet ever! Good riddance.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by jkovacs (1/18/08 9:53 AM) reply + / -
Found some more on my ink cartridge reading pins from a U.K. blog written by Ralph Corderoy. His URL is:

http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/#epson

Ralph is clearly very aware of the design flaw I'm experiencing with my Epson Stylus Photo RX500 ink cartridge "springed pins" that press against the so called "Intelledge ink cartridges"...

Epson Printer Cartridge Contact Pins Problems
Epson ink-jet printers often use Intelledge ink cartridges. These have a small chip on them that keeps track of the amount of ink used in the cartridge. This way, when the cartridge is empty, or more precisely when the chip tells the printer its empty and it should therefore refuse to print, the owner cant refill the cartridge with ink thereby avoiding purchasing a new whole cartridge.

Apart from this being mean-spirited of Epson, it also causes problems due to its implementation. The chip on the ink cartridge has small pads on its surface that press against matching springy hooked pins when the cartidge is in place. The problem is that sometimes these pins can hook onto the cartridge instead of just pressing against the chips pads. One way this can occur is when the chip isnt sitting squarely on its plastic pegs. The result is a printer that doesnt work, because it knows there is a problem talking to the ink cartridge, and a cartridge that wont come out of the printer because its been hooked by the pins.

Eventually, the cartridge can be removed but this normally results in one or more of the pins being broken. Neither the pins, nor the small plastic clip they fit into, are standard electronics parts, nor are they available from Epson as a spare part, even to a authorised repairer. The normal remedy is to purchase a new print head. As a spare part these tend to cost so much, e.g. 124.55 inc. VAT exc. labour and delivery, that its more economical to buy a new printer.

It may be possible to concoct a work-around with soldering iron in hand. Ive dismantled my Epson Photo 1270 sufficiently to see its possible, but not attempted it yet.

Along the way, Ive encountered others whove had exactly the same experience with the same result: an expensive, typically newish, printer turned into scrap. They may have had some success in solving the problem by now so in case you wish to contact them, they are: Dean Bradley , Bryan Lin , AlanRab , Tony Robinson , and Joris Van Daele . If they have any news please pass it back to me.

In conclusion, Id never buy an Epson printer again. Their inclusion of the Intelledge cartridge is attempting to tie the owner of the printer into purchasing expensive Epson ink cartridges. Their implementation of it leads to bent and broken pins yielding an uneconomical to repair printer. Their competitors, e.g. Canon, now produce comparable photo printers without the Intelledge hand-cuffs, and have the advantage of separate ink cartridges for each colour whereas, with some of Epsons models, when youve run out of one colour, e.g. cyan, you have to replace the whole colour cartridge despite the other colours being unused.

If anyone has any related information Id be happy to add it here for the benefit of those that come later.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by diasuit (1/18/08 12:44 PM) reply + / -
Same thing has happened to me, if you have any feedback, Please get in touch !

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Dadslice (1/20/08 1:10 PM) reply + / -
Ok, My turn. I'm a computer moron, and know less about the Epson RX500 I have sitting here acting as a paper weight. But it has this error message that says 'No .....name of all ink colors.....press the color button to replace all my ink cartridges. But they are all full and all Epson brand! When I called the tech support, I got the whole credit card thing. But since I'm rather poor too, I decided to go to the local repair shop. But it's boarded up and closed!! So what do i do?

Does anyone know how I can fix my rock of a printer? Or should I go to the local WalMart and buy a cheap replacement? You guys talk about some sort of pin resetter reader thing. Is that my problem?

Appreciate any help I get.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by jkovacs (1/20/08 5:16 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
If you replaced the cartridges with new Epson cartridges you shouldn't have to purchase a ink cartridge resetter. Therefore I think you have another issue going on. Qouting from above try these two techniques:

a) From a "Cold" start (Printer Off)

Copy Endurance
Spd up/Slow down
Self start
Rst. Ink OFC

Your Done

Or if that doesn't work try b)

Hold down the Power,Load/Eject/Start/Color/Stop buttons! After it says "Init EEPROM" you need to turn the printer off, wait a few seconds, then on again.

The following software download and web info may be useful for you too...

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

http://www.2manuals.com/

http://www.resetters.com/downloadfiles.php

Good luck, hope you have better luck than I'm having...

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Dadslice (1/20/08 5:44 PM) reply + / -
Appreciate your quick response. I've already tried all those things you mentioned. I read all the past posts and downloaded the Russian software but to no avail. Still doesn't work. Also tried you A and B tests a couple times. Still nothin!. I went on Ebay and ordered one of those resetters. I'll see if that works.

On my printer - anytime I turn the unit on, the red exclamation light comes on and the display reads that all of the print cartridges required replacing. I can't do anything else with it. But if I take out one cartridge, it knows that it's missing. Just can't figure it out!

Looks like the Walmart trip is getting closer............

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by ranaylor (1/21/08 8:19 PM) reply + / -
Have an RX500 that has been wonderful. It is about 15 months old and close the end of life date for the printer. It was working fine until tonight. While printing got the indication on the LCD that three color cartridges were getting low. Replaced them in accordance with the manual, closed the scanner,and the error light came on and the LCD says that all the cartridges need to be replaced. Removed the cartridges, reinserted them and same thing again. Turned printer off, unplugged it, all the usual stuff you might try to do in this situation and nothing works. Any ideas out there?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by jkovacs (1/21/08 9:37 PM) reply + / -
Hi again,

I hear you, welcome to my nightmare! It's possible you have the same issue I have...If you can get a look at the pins that read your ink cartridges, maybe using a smalldental mirror and flashlight. Inspect the pins. Each of the six cartridge holders should have the exact number of springy pins reading the ink cartridge circuit board. If one pin has broken off on any of the cartridge holders, then the entire system grinds to a big hault...The question then is, what can you do about this?

I'm hoping there's someone with a solution out there, or else I too am off to Walmart for any other brand other than an Epson printer...**sigh**

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Bask8kace (1/22/08 11:09 PM) reply + / -
My printer is about 2 years old and worked fine until tonight. THe black ink ran out and I replaced it with Epson Brand ink. I am getting NO error messages but when I print it just doesn't use the black ink ~ the pages are empty. I tried the head cleaning, nozzle check, taking the cartridge out and replacing it, etc and there is still no black ink in sight! Any ideas on what could be wrong???

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (1/26/08 8:07 AM) reply + / -
I have had same exact problem. Once I was able to print pics and they came out all right but now nothing but a big waste of time and effort and paper and ink. VERY FRUSTRATING! I give up! Mine is going in the garbage and I will purchase something else to do my picture printing. I will smash it with a sledge hammer first so no one gains from my loss.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by BuZZZZZZZZZZ (2/2/08 6:41 AM) reply + / -
My printer worked well with Windows XP, since I purchased a Dell with Windows Home Vista Premium my printer will not print high quality photos. I purchased a program and down loaded it and used Windows Photo Gallery, but photo quality is poor. Is there a program or upgrade that will improve the quality off my photos.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by jkovacs (2/2/08 9:23 AM) reply + / -
Okay, the only solution for the broken springy ink cartridge reader pins was to pop the broken pin saddle right off the I/C holder it's harnessed too (in my case it was for the black ink cartridge). It's designed to snap on so you have to devise some kind of hooking tool and pull the pin saddle straight up and hard enough to dislodge the plastic saddle with pins from the I/C holder once it's out you can work with the damaged pins which can individually be removed from the saddle, much in the same fashion as the saddle from the I/C holder.

Then I soldered the broken pin and very carefully replaced it back in the saddle. I used a drop of crazy glue to give it placement strength without gumming up the contact points. Then I replaced the pin saddle by snapping in back onto the I/C holder

This worked but took a lot of patience to do. BUT now I'm getting a different problem which is the ERROR - please consult your user manual (or something like that) and no matter what key reset combination I try nothing works. I tried using the adjustment program but the fact is a communication error seems to prevent that from working too. I can't seem to enter the serial number into the software nor the 15 digit print head number (this, i seemed to rub off the decal when cleaning the print head carraige.

Does anyone know how to get passed this annoying "Error - see service manual error message" and has found a way to reset the RX500?

Epson Stylus Photo RX500 print problems by jkovacs (2/20/08 10:29 AM) reply + / -
Hi Denny,

It appears no one is more knowledgeable than yourself. I've tried to maually fix the "springy ink cartridge pins" (since it's a part that's not available anywhere) for the black ink cartridge in the cartridge assembly I/C holder. However, I keep getting fatal error (solid red exclamation light) messages that say, either: error - replace black ink cartridge, or no black ink cartridge (if I actually take cartridge out) or error - see service documentation. I've tried every reset trick I could find in this blog. I have also been using the SSC Utility v4.30 and the SPRRX500510_Ver10 adjustment program. I've completely disassembled and rebuilt the RX500 unit after washing clean all the felt ink pads, and I do think the unit seems to sense when the black cartridge is removed or not, so it appears the ink sensor micro chips are being read - at least in some capacity by the printer. Overall though, I've had no luck in removing the red solid error light to reset the RX500 unit. Do you have any other suggestions, please?

Also, Denny, for your information, here's the background on what I've tried to do recorded in an earlier fixyourownprinter posting contibution I made...
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/26917#120

"Okay, the only solution for the broken springy ink cartridge reader pins was to pop the broken pin saddle right off the I/C holder it's harnessed too (in my case it was for the black ink cartridge). It's designed to snap on so you have to devise some kind of hooking tool and pull the pin saddle straight up and hard enough to dislodge the plastic saddle with pins from the I/C holder once it's out you can work with the damaged pins which can individually be removed from the saddle, much in the same fashion as the saddle from the I/C holder.

Then I soldered the broken pin and very carefully replaced it back in the saddle. I used a drop of crazy glue to give it placement strength without gumming up the contact points. Then I replaced the pin saddle by snapping in back onto the I/C holder

This worked but took a lot of patience to do. BUT now I'm getting a different problem which is the ERROR - please consult your user manual (or something like that) and no matter what key reset combination I try nothing works. I tried using the adjustment program but the fact is a communication error seems to prevent that from working too. I can't seem to enter the serial number into the software nor the 15 digit print head number (this, i seemed to rub off the decal when cleaning the print head carraige.

Does anyone know how to get passed this annoying "Error - see service manual error message" and has found a way to reset the RX500?"

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Dadslice (2/20/08 4:52 PM) reply + / -
OK, Guys, I finally gave up. Went out and bought a Lexmark 3 in 1 for UNDER $50.00!! I really hate giving up my Epson, but it's evident they don't care to help their customers (unless of course you BUY the extended warranty). My machine was less than 1 1/2 years old when it broke. I even bought it directly from the Epson online store!

So if you Epson guys are monitering these forums (and I'll bet you are), thanks for nothing! I will tell everyone who asks about printers exactly what brand NOT to buy. And I work for a very LARGE company called Chrysler.

Good Luck to the rest of you guys having Epson problems. I hope you find the answer to your problems, and the fix is cheap.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (2/21/08 4:53 PM) reply + / -
Want to know something pathetic? I've been getting email updates from this thread for close to two years now, and I still have not been able to fix this printer. After printing, oh, 2 pages or so, I don't even WANT it as a printer anymore. I just want to scan! Does anyone know how to get past all the errors/ink replacement messages to just scan?

Epson RX500: Won't Power-Up by jkl (2/27/08 10:58 PM) reply + / -
I've read this entire thread, from 1/05 to just days ago, hoping to find my problem mentioned. It finally was & I got excited. Then the "not Powering On" problem was mentioned again, and again, and again.

No more reason for excitement, cause no one's written a solution to what causes it to suddenly not turn on.

I've tried holding down the 5 buttons as suggested twice above (thanks). I've replaced the USB cable. And of course, it's been unplugged & replugged a hundred times.

45 minutes on hold for Epson, using up cell minutes...then an idiot finally came on and managed to waste 25 more.

Of course it's got new ink in it & I have a complete set of unopened Epson brand ink ($85) that's useless. I'll probably have to pay to dispose of this hardly-used blob.

Never again, Epson!
~Kurt, in San Francisco

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (2/28/08 1:02 PM) reply + / -
Kurt,
I suspect the problem is with a capacitor on the power supply board.
This is an infrequent problem with some of the older RX models.
Hope this helps.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (3/12/08 9:28 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know how to actually take apart an RX500 to replace the pads. Are there step by step instructions out there?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (4/11/08 1:38 PM) reply + / -
My RX500 was in storage for a year. Took it out today, 4 of the 6 nozzles seem to be totally clogged. Is there a way to clean them other than going through the "Head Cleaning" function 100 times?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (5/26/08 2:59 PM) reply + / -
I've read through the entire list of questions and answers. All of a sudden (can't think of anything I did to make this happen) I get "printer error" when I try to print anything. I get no other message. Do I need to go through the process of holding all those buttons down to get it to work? Thanks so much for any help.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (5/27/08 11:14 AM) reply + / -
Try to determine whether the paper feeder is working properly. If not, there may be a sensor or gear out of place.
Hope this helps.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Dadslice (5/27/08 3:51 PM) reply + / -
Check the canuwson valve too. These printers go though muffler bearings like water! My epson is currently being scolded for not working! I put it in the closet and told it not to come out until it worked properly! Guess I may never see it again.....

Sorry about making fun of the issues, but these printers are best used as paperweights in a landfill. Try finding a repair facility who will fix one for under a hundred dollars! The Lexmark I bought (see my previous post) to replace my Epson is still working fine (knock on wood). I admit I miss some of the features of my old RX500, like the slide to print feature, but I got over it pretty quick.

Good luck you guys. And if any of you want to buy my RX500, I'll sell it to you for $20 plus the cost of shipping! At least I'll get part of my money back for the ink!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by kcmjr (7/3/08 12:56 PM) reply + / -
Has anyone had issues with the RX500 after installing the XP 64 bit drivers? I just installed XP 64 bit and it's been a huge pain getting the printer to work. First the drivers wouldn't take, now I can't get it to print with any quality. It looks like the heads need to be cleaned but cleaning doesn't help and it printed fine under the 32 bit drivers. Is this common issue with Epsons 64 bit drivers?

Epson RX500 Does not power on... by mad97 (8/5/08 1:55 PM) reply + / -
My Rx500 is 4 years old and it just suddenely died on me. I was printing and it just stopped. I unplugged it from the outlet after several unsuccessfull attempts at powering it off from the Power button. Now when I try and turn it on, nothing happens, the printer carraige does not move, the lights come on and then fades out. I've tried multiple outlets, same result. I've taken the USB cable out and tried, same result. I've called "customer" service, no luck.

The thing that bothers me is that it's brand spanking new, I've used it sparingly over these 4 years.

Please help! THANKS.

Re: Epson RX500 Does not power on... by kcmjr (8/5/08 2:04 PM) reply + / -
Sounds like a dead power supply to me. These things all use switching supplies just like your PC. They (typically) are made by the low bidder and do fail. Look about 7 posts up, it appears they have issues with power supply capacitors. That's what this sounds like. Time to send it in for servicing.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (8/6/08 11:17 AM) reply + / -
There was an engineering change which altered the value of the capacitor. Replacement power supply boards are available.
Hope this helps.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (8/6/08 2:04 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the posts. Any idea how much that costs (I meant the replacement power supply boards) as well as the service charge to repair it? Just wondering if it's even worth the while to do this as against buying new....THANKS!!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (8/7/08 12:55 PM) reply + / -
The board sells for about $75.00. Labor is determined by whomever you have do the work.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by MMurray (8/9/08 4:54 AM) reply + / -
I replaced three power supplies in this model before I started replacing the main board first.Of the twenty or so that I've seen with a no power problem about eighteen were the main board.

Re: Epson RX500: Won't Power-Up by Anonymous (9/14/08 6:27 PM) reply + / -
Hi Kurt,
Sorry to see your frustration and I hate to appear as if I'm trying to feed off of it but I am searching on line for roller parts for my RX500 and thought you might be willing to ship your "blob" to me for whatever it cost you to ship it.
We replace our ink for about $15 for a total set so I'm sorry I can't help you on your loss there either. Honestly I'm only inquiring so I don't end up spending a bunch of time chasing down parts for a printer that we're not real thrilled about either.
So, with all that said, all I can offer you would be say $15 for shipping and an additional $15 if you would want to include the ink. If you don't find that too insulting please reply ASAP so we can work out the details.
Please take no offense to this request. I'm fully aware that I'm basically a stranger asking a favor from you offering you very little in return.
I do hope your future dealings with printers are more desirable and you some how enjoyed this day today in spite of my outrageous request.
Hope to hear back from you,
Derin

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (9/17/08 4:50 AM) reply + / -
I would love to know what happened with this. My RX500 did the same thing. The error light lights up but will not turn on I did call service center they walked me through a few different things then said to take to service center (which really isn't cost effective if you ask me,with shipping costs, est, then the actual repair) or I could buy a new printer. Right now its just sitting here- I really like this printer for the scanning of slides & negitives. Please help.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (9/17/08 4:54 AM) reply + / -
My printer did the same thing. Did you end up getting it to work again if so how? or did you replace it?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by MMurray (9/17/08 6:51 PM) reply + / -
When the error light is on you have a 'fatal error'. The easiest way to narrow down the possible problem is to observe (or in your case, describe) the startup process until the error happens. The carriage should go to the left slowly, then back to the right, then some motors and gears turn, etc. The point at which the process stops indicates what the printer is checking when it errors out.

Epson RX500 Driver GUI Issues? by jss7447 (9/27/08 4:01 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

I've been having issues with the GUI for my RX500 for a few years now. Whenever I attempt to adjust the printer properties for a job, the GUI with the printing preferences (main, page layout, and maintenance tabs) settings appears in a box that is not big enough to display all of the options. Some of the settings are therefore cut off and inaccessible. This is true in all three tabs. In the page layout tab, for example, I can see the section title for the watermark section, but I cannot access that feature. I am unable to resize this GUI by expanding or dragging and of the edges. This seems uncommon and I was wondering if anyone could help.

I've tried the following unsuccessfully to fix the problem:
1. Uninstall and reinstall the same driver.
2. Uninstall and update the driver.
3. Adjust the display settings for my monitor.

My OS is windows XP SP 3, but I was having this same issue when I was running XP with SP 2. My driver is version 5.51.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by tonyf (10/11/08 3:04 PM) reply + / -
My printer feeds the paper and starts printing, after about 2cm of print, the error light comes on, printing stops, the print head travels to the far left and the error message is displayed on my computer :-

General Error
Delete all print jobs and turn the printer off. Remove any foreign objects from inside the printer. After a few minutes, turn the printer back on.

There is no misfeed of the paper and when I switch the printer back on the paper is ejected and the printer is then ready to print. Sometimes before the printer has attempted to feed paper the same error occurs. I have noticed that depending on what print options I choose the error occurs at different points in printing if it does feed the paper. On best photo it stops after approx. 2cm of print, on photo it stops after approx 5cm of print and on text it will print about half A4.
Any solutions please

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by LACA (10/15/08 11:06 AM) reply+1 + / -
I use genuine Epson cartridges and have them refilled to save $$. Tried the generic cartridges and found them to be too problematic. When one of the color ink cartridges is empty, the machine will not allow printing even in black and white, so I must race off to get a refilling on some color. I read the comment that one member was able to shake the presumed empty cartridge and place it back in the machine and get 15% more use out of the cartridge. I am looking for a way to "override the switch" condition of the cartridge being empty and continue to print in black and white only without having to obtain these urgent refills. Does anyone know of a way to remedy this condition?? Perhaps override some software in the unit??

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (10/15/08 11:36 AM) reply + / -
I have been told that if you put a piece of black electrical tape over the sensor on the ink cartridge itself it will continue to print. By doing that it is telling the printer the ink cartridge is full. My friend just told me about this I plan on trying it next time it says I need a new cartridge.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by LACA (10/15/08 12:09 PM) reply + / -
Ok, I tried this remedy and it did not work. The screen says there is no cartridge in that spot. I placed a small piece of white electrical tape over just the contact "chip" area of the cartridge. It was a bit tight to slide back into the spot but it did snap into place. Any other thoughts anyone?? Seems Epson wants us to be required to buy more ink if we want to print more even in black and white!! Shame on them!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (10/15/08 2:07 PM) reply + / -
I talked to my friend and she said she got the info from this site http://articles.mercola.com

I haven't tried it myself yet. Let me know the outcome. Thanks

Re: Epson, youve lost your path! by Anonymous (10/16/08 12:33 PM) reply + / -
Hi,

Please don't send your printer to the land fill.
Send it to me, I will try to make the part by hand.
I would like the chance to redeam that printer. If I
can repair it I will either return it to you for a much
smaller fee or keep it for myself, your choice.
Sincerely

F Cabral
fcabral@frontiernet.net

Re: Epson RX500 screencard extraction by edward carlos (11/6/08 7:44 AM) reply + / -
QUESTION: Please....How does one extract a memory card from printer-EPSON STYLUS PHOTO RX500 after importing screen/memory-card images to photo library?

Note: If I manually pull the card out, a message reads that I have dismantled the memory card incorrectly and may lose card and/or images.

Thank you.

Carlos

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (11/7/08 7:33 PM) reply + / -
Thank you !!!!!! Worked GREAT/////

Re: Epson RX500 print problems ink cartridge by arthurnegro (12/1/08 3:51 PM) reply + / -
hi all

got a message saying cartridge had to be replaced... replaced it and then i got the same message but it added the rest of the colors... got all new colors cartridges and the same message appears. new cartridges but the printer isnt seeing them!! any advice? i dont want to go out and buy a whole new printer.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems ink cartridge by arthurnegro (12/1/08 4:14 PM) reply + / -
cleaned heads, un plugged unit hoping to reset it and nothing came of my meager efforts.... anyone?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by mrredskin (1/15/09 7:53 AM) reply + / -
My issue is about print quality. It's been getting progressively worse. Several months ago a print job would start off ok for the first line or so, but then it fades more and more each line until about 3/4 of the way down a page to where you can't see a thing. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I've done head cleaning/aligning and still nothing. It's to the point now where if I try aligning it that I can barely even see any marks on the test page that prints out. Brand new ink is being use, too.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by LACA (1/15/09 8:43 AM) reply + / -
My machine has done this recently when one or more new cartridges have just been installed. I refill my cartridges and perhaps the age of the cartridge is a bit of the issue. I would advise to continue to use the maintenance/setup features to include the head cleaning in particular to try to get the ink flowing once again. Once you get the head cleaning done again and again perhaps 3 times eventually I can get success. Then if needed, I use the head alignment. I also tried taking out the cartridge of issue (usually black) and thump it on the side while over some newspapers, and then reseat it in the machine, then do the head cleaning routine.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by mrredskin (1/15/09 9:04 AM) reply + / -
thanks, i'll try doing something with the cartridges. i've tried the head cleaning numerous times but to no avail.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by dk1 (1/15/09 9:03 PM) reply + / -
My RX500 just died the other day. When I push the power button the red exclamation point and the Memory Card and Setup lights turn on. Nothing else. Any ideas?

I tried the reset methods mentioned but they did not work...

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by LACA (1/16/09 7:55 AM) reply + / -
I seldom read the owner's manual, but I would begin there first. Perhaps unplug the power and replug. I know the red exclamation point lights up if any cartridge is empty or there is an issue with the seating one or more cartridges. It uses a certain amount of ink when you turn on the machine just to prime the cartridges. I've been near the end of ink in one cartridge and then when I turn on the machine the next day, it uses up the last few drops of ink, then turns on the red light. From the standpoint of ink, the machine is poorly designed. I've refilled my Epson genuine cartridges multiple times over. Even with refilling at half price, I've spent enough money to have bought a new machine. They make the money on printers selling you the ink, not the machine. I plan to replace the machine at some point and maybe just use it as a scanner. I would be looking for not the latest model printer on the market, but one that is sold at the secondary market store like micro center (microcomputercenter.com)

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by nintendo1889 (edited 1/18/09 10:20 AM) reply + / -
Hello everyone. When I plug the power in the copy and scan lights come on for two seconds and go off. Then when I press the on button the copy, memory card, and scan buttons do the same.

If there's nothing I can do with it, would I be able to sell it's parts? Eg: is there a parts list?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by LACA (1/18/09 11:50 AM) reply + / -
I would read the entire owner's manual and the troubleshooting chapter in particular first. I would not give up very easily with saying it is a lost cause. Someone may be able to trouble shoot it for you. The machine will not operate without all the cartridges in place and some ink in each one. I've not had any success with using the generic cartridges...stay away from them. When I turn on my machine, the copy, memory card, scan, and setup buttons flash about eight times, then it lands on the copy button that stays lit. The four corner buttons around the LCD display stay lit too as well. Unfortunately if your machine is indeed on it's last leg as a printer, I don't believe there is much demand for the parts. Someone may want the unused ink cartridges or use them again and again after refilling, but the machine may not even work as a scanner without them in place. I think I have seen listings on craigslist asking for used printers that don't work to be "given" to the poster. I suppose that they are in the business of fixing old printers and use the parts. Other than that, I think old priters just become "e-waste" that are collected by the recycle drives collecting computer equipment. Sometime a fee of 10 dollars is needed to dispose of an old CRT monitor. Don't give up on your machine, start with the owner's manual.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by arthurnegro (1/18/09 1:02 PM) reply + / -
thanks. good advice.

Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by nintendo1889 (1/20/09 10:30 AM) reply + / -
thanks. Actually I found mine at one of those computer junk/salvage places, and am trying to bring it back to life.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (1/25/09 1:23 PM) reply + / -
You're a genuis! Don't know where you got this info, but thanks for sharing! Worked on my RX500 and on a CX6400.

J

Epson RX500 - Does not switch on by Huzefa (2/1/09 8:07 AM) reply + / -
Experts,
My printer is about 3 years old and I have hardly used it (printed less than 700 pages). A month back, it just would not turn on. I tried everything said on the blogs and info sites, but no avail. I downloaded a service manual to get to the Power Box that houses the fuse. 30 screws later, I opened the power box and the fuse is OK. All capacitors on the board look OK except one near the printer communication bus wires. There seems to be a white 'flux' like liquid, but I am not sure if its a capacitor leak, or is purposefully put there... it looked too neat to be a leak. Can anyone help me diagnose this and also let me know where I can find spares (power boards) other than calling useless EPSON service? - Huz

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by wiwany (2/8/09 12:28 PM) reply + / -
No matter how much I clean the print heads on my RX 500 - the black and cyan won't fill the required grid on the test print... Any solutions?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by LACA (2/8/09 5:17 PM) reply + / -
When I have encountered a similar problem, I have found that it has to do with the flow of the ink. Sometimes I will perform the head cleaning routine multiple times until the ink starts flowing again. Use all the cartridge setup routines if needed. I've also taken the problem cartridge out of the machine, thump them on the side with your finger several times while over some newspaper, then place them back in the machine to be reprimed. The thought is that any air pockets in the ink cartridge will settle out. I think sometime the ink may dry out when a machine is not routinely used. Sometimes this is more an issue when a new cartridge or recently refilled cartridge is just installed. The ink heads are part of the machine and not the cartridge as in some makes I believe. The cartridge must be primed by the setup routines to get the ink flowing. The cartridges are primed each time you turn on the machine. For this reason I don't turn on the 3 in 1 machine unless I really plan to use it that day. Another couple of suggestions is make sure your cartridges have ink and are not nearly empty and possibly try different cartridges from these that appear to be suspect. I hope this helps.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by wiwany (2/9/09 5:32 AM) reply + / -
THanks for the help. But no matter how much I tap and change cartridges the missing pattern lines remain - leading me to suspect that it is a clog in the printer heads. I am now trying another suggestion: putting a windex drained chamois unter the printer heads to dissolve the dryds ink. Let's see what that brings...

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by SFPREWITT (2/13/09 6:54 AM) reply + / -
I just replace my in cartridges and did all the recharging and nozzle check and all the ink grids do not print.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Jsouth (2/19/09 2:17 PM) reply + / -
I just had Microsoft Vista installed and now the Epson RX printer does not give me the option to use the Fine Reader 6 for scanning documents. Is there a driver for this that I can download somewhere

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by johna-c (2/22/09 8:56 AM) reply + / -
All was going fine. I went out to get some more paper ,when I returned all the pictures that it printed were wet ?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (4/22/09 3:04 AM) reply + / -
Huzefa,

I've got the same situation here. My RX500 won't power on! I suspect the power supply board as well. It makes a very small sound, like little sparks.

I also have the white liquid look alike between two capacitors, but I guess it is some kind of silicone. It looks to elastic.

If anyone knows what this problem might be, plz respond.

Thanks in advance!

Dimi

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Gavin Jacques (4/30/09 12:45 PM) reply + / -
hi there recently my rx 500 decided to stop printing.
all cartridges are full and ink is pumped into them (use a continuous feed) but no ink out of the nozzles when printing.
tried all the resets many ink cleans. is there something that controls all the nozzels that may have gone.
if not anyone want to post one to the uk so i can use for spares please?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by JerryGG (5/22/09 4:05 PM) reply + / -
My RX500 has been working great for years. Now it just stopped dispensing ink to the paper.

Reloaded drivers, reset, nozzle checked, head aligned, head cleaned -- all working and no errors. When printing it goes through all standard mechanical motions -- everything fine, just no ink to paper.

Anyone with thoughts?

Many thanks!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by joeups (edited 6/13/09 9:48 PM) reply + / -
My RX500 had 6 full ink cartridges of different ages (some expired)and printed several pages fine with the ink monitor showing all were full or near full. The next page I tried to print brought an error "No Cyan, Magenta, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Yellow, Black ink. Press Color to replace ink". I tried restarting the printer, removing and reinstalling the ink cartridges as well (same ones, not new ones)as well as the printer software, gently using a pencil erasor on the contact points of the printer and cartridges. No help.
This has happened before with one cartridge or another but never all 6. I'm trying to avoid replacing all six inks as they are expensive. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Joe G.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Paterson Simons (8/10/09 10:21 AM) reply + / -
something got dropped into the in-feed slot and now paper jams on that side of the feeder. I think that the in-feed roller is jammed and want to take the cover off to look in there, Any suggestions? I can't fine screws on the bottom of the unit and so am kind of stuck.Thanks

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (8/13/09 5:03 PM) reply + / -
Paterson, Before you go through the trouble of disassembling the unit, try the following. Tilt the printer back 90 degrees and GENTLY shake it. If nothing falls out of the paper feed slot, turn it another 90 degrees (upside down) and give it a gentle shake.
More often than not this will resolve this problem in Epson printers.
Hope this helps.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by maja (9/6/09 8:08 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for all the great tips. This forum is a great place to start when trouble shooting. I used this site just recently, while trying to figure out how to change/rest the ink pad counter. I was almost ready to send my RX500 to land fill. Now I have my printer back and running perfectly. Without having to pay the outragous hourly repair prices.

Again Thanks and keep the tips comming.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by rstark18 (9/14/09 8:29 AM) reply + / -
I have a Epson RX500 that has the following problem.
I think my heads are out of alignment but no matter how many times I try the Print Head Alignment it doesn't get any better. here is a rough example of what I'm seeing (pretend I'm printing a capitol i:

....|
....|
.|...
....|
....|
.|...
....|

On a straight Vertical line like the letter capitol i, the line isn't straight, it has two or three spots that shift left. How do I get this into alignment?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (9/28/09 2:04 PM) reply + / -
Whoever posted this ... thank you very much! You've helped me out more than 2 years after you posted it :-)

Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (9/28/09 2:06 PM) reply + / -
.... this is what I was referring to....

Resetting the "parts within the printer have reached the end of their service life" message that stops the printer from printing.

Copy Endurance
Spd up/Slow down
Self start
Rst. Ink OFC

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by BWW (9/29/09 7:41 PM) reply + / -
I replaced 3 cartridges and have done head cleaning at least 10 times. Nozzle check only shows 3 of 6 color. I have tapped cartridges.... Reset the printer.... How can the missing 3 colors to print?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by BWW (9/29/09 7:44 PM) reply + / -
I replaced 3 cartridges and have done head cleaning at least 10 times. Running the "nozzle check" only shows 3 of 6 color. I have tapped cartridges.... reset the printer....done 10 test prints.. How can I get the missing 3 colors to print?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by magidajo (10/28/09 9:19 PM) reply + / -
the belt of my printer , the one which work with the scanner is to loose , do anibody know how i can get more tide

Epson RX500 print problems-disappearing Cartridge! by Polio1946 (12/6/09 4:36 PM) reply + / -
I have had and enjoyed my RX500 for MANY years, now (5+?) but it has recently lost printing from the 3rd Cartridge - the light blue one. Have tried new set of cartridges and done multiple cleanings but still that 3rd section of the Nozzle Check shows blank and I have lost ability to print in Color. I do the Church bulletins, so that makes it moderately urgent.. ;-(

I use a Primary/Secondary color chart for assessing how bad and a copy (for your use and enjoyment!) can be found at:

http://www.pixtoshare.net/primarycolors.jpg

Sure could use some advice/help on this problem!

THANKS 'n G'Bless.... :-)

Tom in North GA

Epson RX500 print problems-disappearing Cartridge! by Polio1946 (12/6/09 4:39 PM) reply + / -
I have had and enjoyed my RX500 for MANY years, now (5+?) but it has recently lost printing from the 3rd Cartridge - the light blue one. Have tried new set of cartridges and done multiple cleanings but still that 3rd section of the Nozzle Check shows blank and I have lost ability to print in Color. I do the Church bulletins, so that makes it moderately urgent.. ;-(

I use a Primary/Secondary color chart for assessing how bad and a copy (for your use and enjoyment!) can be found at:

http://www.pixtoshare.net/primarycolors.jpg

Sure could use some advice/help on this problem!

FORGOT TO MENTION: All Cartridges are apparently being accessed as all report at 100% full status!

THANKS 'n G'Bless.... :-)

Tom in North GA

Re: Epson stylus nx415 by Anonymous (12/15/09 1:07 PM) reply + / -
I refilled my ink. now i can't bypass the low ink message to allow me to continue to print. is there anything i can do?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Witless (1/4/10 8:14 PM) reply + / -
Recently upgraded to Windows 7 on HP laptop and RX500 drivers will not install. Scanner works fine and Epson site information say printer drivers are only available on Windows 7 install disc, but they are not. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (1/6/10 5:13 PM) reply + / -
I am having same problems. Microsoft says that Windows 7 and RX500 are compatable and takes you to Epson for the drivers but no drivers for Windows 7 that I can see. Help!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Brenda Croxton (3/22/10 10:42 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know where I might obtain a service manual or instructions for replacing the ink pads and ink well on an Epson RX500?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Anonymous (4/28/10 9:11 PM) reply + / -
Hi I have a Epson RX500 printer will not come on when I press the on button only copy and scan light come on for a sec and go off.

Re: Epson RX500 grinding noise by Anonymous (5/8/10 12:38 PM) reply + / -
Thank you!!!

That was my problem. I was ready to tear my machine apart or ditch it and just buy a new all in one, but that solved it.
Somehow the lock button got moved a bit and that caused it.

Thanks!!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by marcelok (6/4/10 12:50 PM) reply + / -
I need to use the scanning functions without having ink in the cartridges. Is this possible? The printer allways shows me that there is no ink, but I understand that for scanning this should not be necessary.

Regards

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by philly5706 (6/4/10 9:22 PM) reply + / -
Not possible. You need to have ink in the carts. or nothing will work.

PK

Re: Re: Epson stylus nx415 by nina.freije (6/14/10 11:40 AM) reply + / -
did you ever figure it out ? is it possible to do?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by philly5706 (6/14/10 3:33 PM) reply + / -
See above

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Gillian212Cats (7/14/10 7:38 AM) reply + / -
Dear Anonymous,

Many,many thanks for posting your how to!
It has been invaluable and whoever told you etc Kudos...

Best Wishes
Gillian.

.... this is what I was referring to....

Copy Endurance
Spd up/Slow down
Self start
Rst. Ink OFC

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Mel543 (7/14/10 12:38 PM) reply + / -
Hi there!

I've got a `new` epson stylus CX4450 i've never used uptil now. I bought new ink cartridge, the same they asked for, and installed everything properly. Thus! it always say I don't have any ink cartridges in the printer. I can scan without problem, but when it comes to print, I can't! Can anybody help me please?

Thank you!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by tigerwan (7/14/10 2:08 PM) reply + / -

Mel543

Are the cartridges you bought Epson? or are they 3rd party?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Stratman2 (8/15/10 1:01 AM) reply + / -
I too had trouble with my RX500 powering on - after several years of flawless operation, it suddenly did not want to turn off - unplugging it obviously got it to turn off. But then, nothing was happening when I tried to turn it on - either. (Nothing. no lights, no nothing.)

So, after shopping for a new all-in-one, I realized that no current Epson printers in production seem to use the same ink tanks. Inspired by the $60+ investment of unused ink that I had on-hand, I decided to take my RX500 apart to see if I could identify the problem. At first, I thought it might be the power supply because mine makes a small crackling sound while plugged in. However, I found that by simply disconnecting all of the internal ribbon cables, and re-inserting them, my printer began working again - it powered up! (I then got a message that the scanner unit was in need of service - but this was my own error in not seating its ribbon cable fully to the main board - this was easily fixed.)

I believe that the ribbon cable that connects the front panel buttons had come loose during a recent move - and this was preventing power-on. (NOTE: mine appeared loose at the front panel end, but I did not see that until I removed all the screws holding the control buttons circuit card and removed it.) Use caution if you attempt this, some ribbon cables are held to various surfaces with an adhesive tape that needs to be peeled gently to avoid damage.

My power supply still makes the same crackling sounds it did before, but now I can use it (hopefully until I use all the ink I have on hand.) I hope you find this info useful - good luck!

Epson RX500 print problems by celest416 (11/14/10 8:33 AM) reply + / -
After a paper jam, my RX500 printer stopped printing black. At first I could get blue for every color. Now, I get all colors except black. I have cleaned the head a number of times. I have two black ink and one of each of the other cartridges left, so hate to just dump the printer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Addyhan (12/1/10 2:26 AM) reply + / -
Having similar problems with my Epson Stylus Color 800, I think the print heads are also an issue, but taking them out and hitting them has made a big difference (and it made me feel better!) thanks!

Re: Epson RX500 grinding noise by stuartp (1/2/11 1:44 PM) reply + / -
It's January 2011 -- and I just had this problem with my RX500 -- and your suggestion solved it for me. Many (and belated) thanks!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by MarcEpson (1/2/11 6:58 PM) reply + / -
Stuartp, please, try to print some text only in black an tell us what happen.
AS I can read you you do not get to print it in black, but can in other colours? and this happened after the paper jams in the printer?
If it .... two things may have happened, or when you pull the paper disarray the print head (in this case print in black but is very bad) or not to print nothing in black .... any way it's suggesting that a clogged print head black. What is your problem? No black ink or it's in poor quality?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by EuropeAny1 (3/11/11 9:31 AM) reply + / -
I have a RX500 for 5+ years now, and has worked great until last night. It wouldn't print, so I assumed it needed black ink. I printed a web receipt just the other day. I replaced the black ink and nada. Since all of the ink colors were 30% or under, I thought it best to replace them all. I replaced them all with Epson brand new cartridges, the print properties indicate that all the ink levels are full, but now NONE of them actually print on the paper. I've done numerous head and nozzle cleaning, to no avail. I've seen some others posting similar issue, but haven't seen a resolution. Does anyone know why the printer would go through all the motions of printing, but not actually put ink on the page? . . . very frustrating

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (3/11/11 10:09 AM) reply + / -
EuropeAny1, Make sure that the pump and cap assembly are working properly. Check to make sure that the hoses are attached and not split. Put some water on the assembly and then run a cleaning cycle. If the water is not completely sucked away, this unit is the problem. Hope this helps.

how do i scan to sd with no ink by day7 (3/29/11 9:44 AM) reply + / -
how do i scan to sd with no ink i`ve tried amost evryfhing. do blame
me cus im just 9.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Forestlake (edited 4/17/11 5:41 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have a problem with the printing, when I print a document, the paper comes out blank. I've changed the Cartridges, cleanned the nozels several times and still the same. Can anyone help me. I would realy appreciate it.
Thank you

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by cate48332 (4/15/11 8:15 AM) reply + / -
I LOVE this printer and do awesome photo restoration with it....BUT it doesn't seem to be compatible with my new Windows 7 system. Any ideas. I haven't found anything I like as well for restoring work.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (4/15/11 10:17 AM) reply + / -
cate4832
Windows 7 has the drivers built into the operating system. It should pickup the drivers automatically. If that doesn't work go to epson.com and download the Vista or Windows 2000 driver. Hope this helps.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by wiclks (5/1/11 3:42 PM) reply-1 + / -
In recent work by Kraus and Wilczek, it is first uncovered that small
deviations from exact thermality in Hawking radiation have the capacity
to carry off the maximum information content of a black hole. It is
summarized, simplified and extended in this dissertation. This goes a
considerable way toward resolving a long-standing "information loss
paradox."

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Forestlake (5/2/11 4:42 AM) reply + / -
I don't get your reply. How does this help me?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (5/2/11 7:42 AM) reply + / -
forestlake, 3 items to consider. Is ink being sucked through the pump and cap mechanism. Put some water on the assembly and run a cleaning cycle. If so, either the printhead or main board have failed.

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Forestlake (5/3/11 12:48 PM) reply + / -
printerrepairpros. I didn't get the three items to consider. and what is the pump and cap mechanism? How do I run a cleaning cycle?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by PaperProblem (5/4/11 1:27 AM) reply + / -
I am very happy with my Epson printer, but all at once the paper doesn't go through anymore. I was looking at the feeder to see if I could spot anything and saw a small black piece. I tried to remove it, but I am afraid it only fell deeper. Not sure if the piece is from the printer or not. Any idea on how I can remove it from the inside (is this something I can do myself)? I hope that this is the reason the paper doesn't go through. All feedback is welcome!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by printerrepairpros (5/4/11 5:06 PM) reply + / -
Unplug the unit. Hold the scanner assembly closed. Gently tilt the printer back 90 degrees and give it a gentle shake. See whether the black item comes out. If not, tilt it further until it is upside down. Give it another gentle shake and hopefully the black thing will come out. If not, disassembly will be required.
Hope this helps.

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by PaperProblem (5/4/11 10:04 PM) reply + / -
Gently shaking the printer helped to remove the black item (a crayon from my daughter). Thanks for the advice! My printer is working again!!

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by JG Bear (8/4/11 5:00 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have had an Epson Stylus Photo RX500 for probably 8/9 years and it has worked well. Currently it copies documents that are completely blurred although the printing direct from the PC is fine. Have unplugged it, carried it around, gently shaken it which worked the last time this happened - this action is not working this time unfortunately - any ideas on how to fix it please. Thanks

Re: Epson workforce 600 print problems by whyit (9/1/11 7:07 PM) reply + / -
I have an epson workforce 600 and i am printing pictures but everytime i keep getting this drastically noticable pink film over it.
i have cleaned the head, checked the ink, ect... and yet it keeps happening

Is there something i missed? how do i fix it?

Re: CANON D761 CArtridge PROBBYS by SADFACE (10/8/11 5:03 PM) reply + / -
OK SO MY PRINTER SUCKS BECAUSE IT WON'T TAKE THIS NEW CARTRIDGE I GOT AND IT'S MAKING ME UNHAPPY BUT I THINK IT'S BECAUSE IT'S A BOOTLEG CARTRIDGE, IT WAS RECYCLED BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE THE CANON LOGO ON IT. IT'S PRESSURING ME INTO A SPIRILING DEPRESSION AND PLEASE DO NOT RECCOMMEND TO BUY A NEW CARTRIDGE, I JUST CAN'T AFFORD IT AT THE MOMENT. MY WHOLE LIFE IS RUINED. :(

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by Michael2k12 (10/9/11 4:13 PM) reply + / -
Ok, but then what?...I got to the "Init eeprom" message, but still have the flashing red '!', and it still says 'Yellow ink out...' with instructions to replace

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by RQ (11/15/11 11:25 AM) reply + / -
I tried everything and the RX500 won't print black properly anymore. I got a cleaning solution and tried that. I think the print head is a gonner.

I'd like to use the RX500 to finish scanning slides before I retire it for good.

BUT ... I scan a few times and then it keeps saying there isn't a document on the scanner even though there are slides in the slide adapter.

I managed to get it to scan a few more times by turning the printer off and back on again and rebooting the computer, but now I can't get it to scan again. Just keep getting that same error message.

I really would prefer not having to buy a slide scanner and would love to just get last bit of use out of the RX500 to get my slides scanned.

Has anyone run into this problem with RX500? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by M-A (11/30/11 5:07 AM) reply + / -
I have a rx500 and when I turn it on ot comes up with "Printer error -> See your documentation and call service if necessary". Also when I press any buttons it doesn't work nothing happens. Please help!!!
Thankyou

Re: Re: Epson RX500 print problems by fooby (12/11/11 6:59 AM) reply + / -
Im having the same issue "No Cyan, Magenta, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Yellow, Black ink. Press Color to replace ink".

Has anyone else seen this? I'll report back if i resolve it.

Graeme

Re: Epson RX500 print problems by bobbyd (2/28/12 12:36 PM) reply + / -
hello
I also have the message: Error
Printer error- see your documentation and call service if necessary

what to do?

Re: Epson Stylus DX4850 copy problems by Noisette (3/15/12 11:38 AM) reply + / -
My printer does not copy - only half a page. I can copy and scan from the computer but want to just copy something - only half the page appears - not smaller - right size but only one half. Any help please

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters