fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus CX6400 won't feed paper

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus CX6400 won't feed paper by Candy (1/24/05 7:57 AM) reply + / -
While trying a new scrapbooking technique, I inserted a piece of transparency, which got stuck and when the machine started making an awful noise, without stopping to read the directions on how to dislodge a paper jam for fear that my printer would blow up...I ripped it out of the back since that is the only place I could see any paper sticking out...now my printer won't grab the paper...it seems like the bar isn't moving...could I have ruined the motor in it by pulling it out the back making the bar go in reverse...Please say it isn't so!!
Thanks for your time...

Re: Epson Stylus CX6400 won't feed paper by Candy (1/24/05 8:00 AM) reply + / -
Forgot to tell you that it is not under warranty any longer...

Re: Epson Stylus CX6400 won't feed paper by Denny Conway (1/25/05 3:08 PM) reply + / -
Candy: Just to let you know, most Epson Authorized Service Dealers are not actually trained on the newer "C", "CX" or "R" models. However, this is what usually goes wrong, when a jam is pulled out of an Epson Printer with force, towards the rear of the printer, in a backwards direction. When paper is pulled to the rear/backwards with force, it usually unseats the arm on the "Paper Jam Sensor Assy", resulting in a constant jam condition. Normally, as paper passes thru the printer, it causes a black plastic arm [with a spring attached] to be pushed forward out of the "Paper Jam Sensor". As the trail edge of the paper leaves the plastic arm, the spring causes the plastic arm to be pulled back into its normal position [into that sensor assembly]. When the arm does not correctly return, the sensor is not activated and the printer thinks there is a paper jam [even though you can not see any paper in the paper path], or does not correctly feed-in the paper, because the sensor is not correctly actuated. Of course I have no way to really know whats wrong with your printer, or even if this is your problem but you have to start some place and I've seen this happen many times. Because of the major disassembly involved, as well as the troubleshooting involved, you will need an actual Service Manual for reference. You have to realize that your printer does not actually have the ability to see any paper in your printer. It depends on electrical signals transmitted thru sensors, to determine if there is a jam or if the paper is out. Usually what happens is that the plastic arm is unhooked at its pivot points, or sometimes actually broken/damaged and cannot return back into the paper sensor. You would have to remove the printers "Top Cover" to be able to shine a flashlight in to possibly see the arm of the paper jam sensor. Again, even removing that Top Cover will require a Service Manual to use for reference and troubleshooting of your possible problem, especially on the newer Epson Printers. Once that Top Cover Assembly is removed, you may be able to actually see the possible problem. You will need to try and locate an actual Service Manual on-line, to buy and download for reference in disassembly, troubleshooting and servicing. I have not checked, but you can normally find Service Manuals for most printers, from 2manuals.com, at http://www.2manuals.com (most Service Manuals can usually be downloaded for around $10 +/- ). If that source is not available, then I would recommend that you go to the "Compass Micro Inc" web-site, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm and check with them directly, to see if they have a Service Manual available yet for your printer. Several people have posted that they have manuals available for the newer printers, that are not actually available from other normal sources...There is an "Epson CX5200 Disassembly Instruction Page", available to view at http://www.inkjetprinterhelp.us/cx52001.html . Those pages may at least give you an idea, of just the amount of disassembly that may be needed on your "CX6400", just to get into that feed-in area. Usually thats where the problems are located, that are normally causing most feed related type errors or problems...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Stylus R1900 won't feed art paper 190gms by freida (3/12/09 2:58 AM) reply + / -
I bought the printer above to print artwork, I am finding it very difficult to feed paper through it, it either wont take it in and if it takes the paper in it rolls right through without printing.

Can you help me please

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters