fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Barry (1/1/05 7:36 AM) reply+9 + / -
My HP PSC 2210 displays an error to "remove and check the cartridge." It does not indicate the right or left cartridge. All of the function buttons are flashing. I can't communicate with it from the computer, but if I insert an SD card from my camera it appears to begin reading it--but it does not print a contact sheet.

I have tried cleaning the cartridge contacts, restarting it with and without cartridges and/or the USB cable, and resetting it by plugging it in with the # and 6 keys pressed. When I turn it on, it initializes then begins flashing and displaying the "check cartridge" error.

What else can I do to reset it or clear the error? It's no longer under warranty. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Rob (1/1/05 9:17 AM) reply + / -
Hello Barry
It is odd that the machine is not telling you which one.Mine usually does.Okay
the best way and cheapest way for you to figure out which one it is, the unit takes a HP 56 and HP 57,which are very common carts,used in the HPs today,If you can get your hands on two
different carts and exchange them around you will be able to find out which one it is.They do not necc. have to be full ones.Once you find out which one it is get a new one.I would be willing
to take a guess it is your black one.HTHs Rob

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by tequilla Jordan (1/1/05 9:31 AM) reply + / -
My black ink cartridge is not printing and i have no way to clean the cartridge,I went to properties and it does not show anything that says clean cartridge.please tell me how do i get my black ink cartridge to print it is new, I don't show anything that says install cartridge.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Rob (1/1/05 10:04 AM) reply + / -
Hello tequilla
I need a little more info.I am going to go on the grounds that you are using winXP,and you have let the operating system install the 2210,you have not installed it from HPs software.
1)did you have this error come up on your machines display,with the old cartridge.If not,put the old cart.back in,do not print from it,just see if the error goes away.If it does,then take the new cart. back to the store you purchased it from and get a new one.The electronics are no good.
2)Make sure the tape that goes over the cart. in shipping you have removed from the bottom completely.
3)Does these first and tell me the results and we can go from here. Rob rob123m@yahoo.ca

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (5/8/05 3:31 PM) reply + / -
i have the same problem as the first post.. i've tried changing the cartridges but it doesnt give me anything. All it does is blink and tell me to "check and remove the cartridges", not stating which one to check or any useful information. Any further suggestions??

Thanks.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Bert (5/8/05 8:08 PM) reply + / -
Remove the cartridges and clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. If the problem persists, you may have a defective cartridge. If possible, test them in a compatible printer.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Harry (5/21/05 12:23 PM) reply + / -
I just purchased a PSC 2210 a a garage sale knowing that it had a chech cartridge error message. Turns out that on the bottom of the green flap for the 58 cartridge there is a small and flimsy black tab that pushes the cartridge back against the electronics. This tab has broken offand is missing. Anyone know where I can find this part? By the way, It looks like the engineering for this part was bad.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by taurus5145 (5/24/05 6:36 AM) reply + / -
Has anyone ever got the HP psc 2210 back on line after getting the "remove and check cartridge" error? I've all ready bought a new # 56 with no change in indications. I feel like I'm wasting money trying to get this unit to work. It doesn't appear to have a very good history, especially when troubles are encountered, and maybe I should spend my limited resources on a new AIO. Thanks for any help!
tau

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/24/05 11:02 AM) reply + / -
Hi Harry - Did you ever figure this out? The same exact flimsy black tab just broke on my 2210. It looks like an easy part to replace (the top flap wih the cartridge # on it that comes over top the catridge), but have no idea where I could get one. Let me know if you had any luck. I'm about to try jerry-rigging a flat peice of plastic in there to see if it will make the cartridge sit flush. thanks,
Jill

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/24/05 11:09 AM) reply + / -
Hi Harry - It worked. I took a small peice of hard foil (the kind they wrap around the cork of a wine bottle that you need to peel off before opening) folded it in half and cut it down to the size of the peice that broke off. I rested it on top of the catridge against the platic ledge that meets up with the broken part. Then I carefully closed the top so the broken part would push against the foil and seat the catrdige flush against the electronics. Not elegant, but working!

hewlett packard psc 2210 by markofny (7/24/05 2:14 PM) reply + / -
i have a psc 2210 all my light flash (copy/fax/scan/phot card) with a messeage of check printer cartridge. i have changed both cartridge and nothing happen. i rebooted, shutdown, reinstall etc.. but i still have the same problem. When i called hp they said that the warranty has expired and i should look at buying a new printer. I'm surprised by hp for their remarks because if this is a problem and they cant fix it who says they would fix a new one if i buy one. If i have to buy a new one i might as well buy from cannon (japan) hey they stand behind what they make. if anyone can give me an idea on if it is possible to fix or how to fix it that would be great. thank you
mark

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/29/05 9:59 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem, bought both new cartridges, did not fix the problem. Called HP service, they are just useless. So, anyone have a fix for this problem?

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by markofny (7/31/05 6:18 PM) reply + / -
I was able to fix the error message of check cartridge, using cotton swab with rubbing alcohal, clean the 2 cartridge holders including the back part. chance are you will see black all over your q tip. continue to clean everthing. then buy 2 new cartrdiges that are not refills and it should work. the only thing is since the cartridge has experation dates this cause a problem for the printer for some strange reason. my machine is working fine now

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by tonyd (8/1/05 8:49 PM) reply + / -
I have had this problem come up everytime i have refilled my cardridges. Today after refilling my black cardridge and reinstalling it ,it came up once again. Normally when this happens i just uninstall the cartridge and then reinstall it. Today i had to do this procedure about 8 times to get the thing going. Normally it has only taken about 2 attempts to solve this promblem. Funny enough when i use a new cartridge i have never had this problem come up at all.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by drmrtck (8/4/05 8:26 AM) reply+1 + / -
My 2210 message tells me to align print cartridges. It only prints 3 lines and cancels. I have tried new cartridges and cleaning with alchol and swabs. Message will not go away.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by jck (8/10/05 3:30 PM) reply + / -
Go to the www.hp.com website and look up the FAQs for the 2210. It basically says to hold down the "Setup" button while pressing the "Options" button and the message will go away. Worked for me.
jck

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (8/10/05 7:07 PM) reply + / -
Thanks. That seems to have taken care of it.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (8/16/05 1:04 PM) reply + / -
I cleaned the cartridge holders with vodka!! the only alcohol I had, along with the colour cartridge. I put the colour cartridge back and a new black one in and it worked. Perhaps it's too drunk to care now!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (8/28/05 10:27 AM) reply + / -
Some HP printers remember all the cartridge IDs. If out of inks, will disable them to prevent have them refilled. So you have to pay big buck buy new HPs.
It is interesting that nobody ever found a hack to reset model 2210.(see www.ims-ink.com to see the hack for some HP models). People got around of this because HP lousy programmers software bugs(now you like those programers and bugs, ha!)

HP should fire those trick makers!! They eventually kill the company!!
Don't buy HPs if they keep on playing these tricks and trying to fool the customers!!!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (8/30/05 4:00 PM) reply + / -
That worked great!, Thanks. It was stuck in the "align print cart" cycle after changing the black cart.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by rebajee (8/31/05 10:47 PM) reply + / -
My ink cartridges were low, I replaced them both and cannot get past the "align print cartridges". I can do the setup/options trick but still cannot align the cartridges. When I do start the alignment the blue lite "senses" the page and then spits it out with a message that says "paper mismatch, try changing the paper type/size or paper in tray and then press enter". I cannot get past this message. There is no way to change the paper when that message is displayed. I have dowloaded the patch from the site ..etc...etc cleaned the print cartridges..etc...etc. Now what do I do? Should I remove the casing and check inside?
Any help would be appreciated with two high school students and a masters student we are broke and need our printer!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (9/9/05 10:08 PM) reply + / -
I saw the options/setup key combo at Hp and it stops the lights from flashing but I still get the message to check right cartridge, which is new, brand new hp exact replacement, and prints just fine but the message will not go away. meanwhile all of the other functions give
me grief about this error message. it's amazing the printer prints perfectly but cannot let me use it without dancing a jig whenever I need to do something, especially a fax. That is a pain, and sometimes scanning is a nightmare. Got a bunch oh HP printers but will probably switch back to canon or lexmark and real soon. one of the reasons is the driver install crap/nonsense. worse than ATI video.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by karista (9/10/05 7:10 AM) reply + / -
I have exactly the same problem, even reinstalled all the drivers (what a pain). Message is still there and lights still blink, yet new cartridge works fine. I wonder whether it has to be a HP original cartridge. I installed a new Office Depot equivelant cartridge.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (9/10/05 9:45 AM) reply + / -
I used HP original cartridges and always have to no avail.

HELP!!!! HP PSC 2210 PRINTS BLANK PAGES!!!!!! by matrix0511 (9/19/05 9:32 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi,First of all I have experienced almost all of the problems other people have experienced with the "Align Print Cartridge" error and all. I was able to get past that with the old "hold down Setup+Options" trick. But for some reason for about 2 weeks now, if I try to print anything it goes through the print process, but when it is finished there is no ink on the paper! I have a Tri-color and Black cart in the printer. Both are full. Even when I print a test report from the printer, it passes the cartridtes back and forth like it's printing but I only see very faint indications of the print. I have tried cleaning the cartridges and contacts, nozzles, etc. Nothing. This is driving me CRAZY!!! What do you think is going on here?

EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AND ERRORS by spy (9/20/05 4:15 AM) reply + / -
Funny this exact problem happen to my machine on the same day , any chance HP in its wisdom has encoded a used by date on the 2210 -
ERROR Messages (long time to fix) - clearing error mesaages problems ( over one hour to fix)
Now it wont print pages ?? All error messages gone - Yes the cartridges are refills - Why Not !!

If anyone knows how to get the good old 2210 printing again please post , I dont feel like buying new cartridges for my lucky chance to see if my printer will PRINT . What a farce .
regards ...M.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Stephen (9/23/05 5:24 PM) reply + / -
For the check cartridge error:

Gently clean the contacts in the carriage, and on the cartridges with a paper towel or coffee filter moistened with water.

For the poor print quality or missing print:

Perform the Blot Test

Remove cartridge from machine, fold a paper towel back over a couple of times so it is about 4 layers thick, shake cartridge up and down hard, shake it over a sink unless you want to clean ink off the floor.

Now blot the nozzles of the cartridge on the paper towel, for a black cartridge you should see two black stripes, for a color cartridge you should see three colored stripes, if you don't have all stripes the cartridge is clogged or bad.

Have you checked the expiration date on the cartridges you are using?

Are you installing new HP cartridges, or refills?

You may be able to recover a clogged cartridge by swishing the tip in a saucer with a very small amount of warm water, then gently wiping it on a wet paper towel, be gentle the nozzles are delicate.

And do not trust the ink gauge on the PC, cartridges can dry up from the machine just sitting, the cartridges are vented, venting is necessary to let air in so that a vacuum won't develop in the cartridge.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (9/24/05 11:29 AM) reply + / -
what i've found that works better than soaking in alcohol or water or shaking the crap out of, though that works sometimes is to apply a small amount of interior pressure with a syringe from a refill kit if avail. This is done by inserting the syringe with the plastic or rubber protector still attached and forcing a little air into the cartridge. This may help those who still have an ink problem BUT IT DOES NOT HELP WITH A SYSTEM THAT prints just fine in color or black
but still insists that there is a cartridege problem and FREQUENTLY
REFUSES to co-operate with the requested task BECAUSE THE DAMN CARTRIDGE error won't go AWAY, EVEN THOUGH LIKE I SAID IT PRINTS PEFECTLY WHEN I CLICK THE OK on the error message on my screen. AND YES, apparently HP has some type of status/usage controls in this CRAP. HP, if you're listening I've got a couple of printers I'd like to plant in your back office!!!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (12/11/05 5:20 AM) reply+2 + / -
Hi, I'm another one who just got into the 'pissed-off' group.
My PSC 2355 somehow refuses to recognize the original cartridge which came with the printer. I didn't use it for some months and, just when I tried to use it again, voila! stopped working. Made some cleaning on everything 'cleanable' and yet nothing. Does any one knows any special key combo (in my printer, enabled by pressing Left+Right buttons, and then 1,2,3 or 1,2,4 bottons) which disables or overrides the cartridge checking? (By the way, the printer makes IS able to print color test pages perfectly, so both the cartridges work)
Thanks in advance.

Re: EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AND ERRORS by Anonymous (12/19/05 11:17 PM) reply + / -
Did you ever get the HP (POS) 2210 working? I'm considering climbing up on my roof and dropping it....no, wait.... THROWING it off into the street. Not sure that'll fix my problem but I'll sure feel better. Let me know before I start climbing. Thx!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (12/20/05 6:49 AM) reply + / -
my solution was to install another printer. I still have the 2210psc
and use it occasionally just in case it decides to behave. Before this I didn't fully comprehend the reason for people buying so many new printers.

Re: Re: EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AND ERRORS by Anonymous (12/20/05 7:34 AM) reply + / -
I got lucky and a fellow worker happened to also have a HP 2210 and was willing to let me insert his cartridges into mine. I tried the black (#56) only with no change, then when I installed his color (#57), voila, the printer ran its setup routine and worked. I removed my friend's black cartridge and the printer returned to its previous non-working state. I surmised I needed both cartridges which are $50 or so. A new non HP printer can be had for about the same so I've been unable to convince myself to fess up the money for either. With my luck, something else would break right after I install new cartridges! I have an old dot-matrix tractor which has served me well in the interim.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (12/20/05 8:47 AM) reply + / -
That's interesting. I'm glad that worked for you but I actuaslly bought the HP replacement cartrideges but they did not and I repeat, did not change for the better the crap I have to go through to use it. I'm just amazed though that I can print just fine after telling my error messages to go away that say I can't print.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by spy (12/25/05 3:01 PM) reply + / -
I am happy to report a fix to all HP 2210 print errors.
I am a proud new owner of a Fuji Xerox Laser Colour printer.
I have been very happy with this product .
If you are able , I highly recommend saying goodbye to your problem riddled HP products.

Regards Spy .

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (1/3/06 7:23 PM) reply + / -
yep, same problem with 2210.
remove and check cartridge.
removed and checked and cleaned like thirty times.
tried alcohol, and water.
yes, i have been refilling my cartridges for some time now.
think hp in their effort to boost profits are losing customers.
i will not purchase one of their products again.
nor will i recommend them to people who ask for my opinion.
only thing little old me can do, or just fork out another $50 to see if a machine that is supposed to print what i want it to, will actually do it.
pathetic.
set up/options buttons did not do anything for me except give me an error re: a button being stuck or depressed, then starts doing same crap again with remove and check cartridge.
whipped out old deskjet 712c from storage just so i can print a document.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Loyal HP user (1/5/06 2:04 AM) reply + / -
OK guys,

I have a HP PSC 2210 all-in-one.

When i could afford HP branded cartridges everything worked fine. So long as I paid £27 for a colour and £24 for a black cartridge!

My circumstances have changed and as I can no longer afford these rip-off prices, I bought a refill kit.

One refill on the tricolour (#57) worked fine after a little time. The black refil (#56) is a MAJOR problem.

Same error message "remove and check cartridge". Cleaning doesnt help. Shaking doesnt help. setup+options doesnt help.

I have no doubt its the "piracy" check.. i.e. the coroporation wants u to buy more of their cartridges.

ARE THERE ANY FIXES OUT THERE !!!!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by whirlpool (1/6/06 2:11 AM) reply + / -
biggest pile of shite!
why must i pay for a new cartridge just because of an expiry date on my current one? it is half full; also i so seldom use it! all i wanted to do is fax
CANNOT FAX IF THE BLOODY THING FLASHES AT YOU

does hp care - noooooooooooooo - they cannot give a toss; buy another printer!

i suggest if you own hp shares, now is the time to sell coz they are going one way! that is onto the scrap heap of nasdaq

no fix no play
peck off hp

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (1/7/06 7:37 AM) reply + / -
I sent this post to HP and their reply follows. I tried this
same procedure previously but this time I unplugged the unit when I took out the cartridges. The result was the same my printer is still all screwed up with the same error message. I posted their response because there may be some valuable info at their links for someone.
bytedawg

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I gather from your e-mail that you get the error message "check black ink cartridge" and also you are unable to send or receive faxes on your HP PSC 2210 all-in-one unit.

I realize the importance of this issue and assure you of my best efforts
to resolve the same.

This error message may come due to incorrect cartridge or dirty electrical contact points on the cartridge and also on then carriage. Please visit the link given below to get instructions about cleaning the
contact points.
Also make sure you are using the following cartridges only

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is
invalid. If this occurs, copy the portion of the address
on the remaining line(s) and paste it at the end of the
address showing in your browser until the complete address
is displayed in the Address box.
Now regarding the faxing issue, to test the stand alone functionality, please follow the steps given below to make a standalone photocopy:

1. Load your original on the glass.
2. Press Copy, if not already lit.
3. Press Start Black or Start Color

If you can make a photocopy, please visit the link given below for basic
troubleshooting:

If you cannot make a photocopy, then then hardware is defective. But if
you can make a photocopy, and the troubleshooting steps given in the weblink mentioned above does not resolve the issue, please get back to us with the following information:

* Does the issue occur with all the numbers or a specific number?
* Do you have voicemail enabled on your fax line?
* Are you using a standard analog phone connection or a DSL
connection?
* Are you able to receive a fax?
* Please check the fax log for any error messages. Reply back with
the exact error message.
* Have you connected any additional devices like TAM etc to your
Officejet?
* When did the issue start?
* Do you have to dial an extension number to get to an outside line?
* What has changed since the last time the unit worked properly (eg:
new software installed, movement of unit etc.)?

I want to be sure the troubleshooting steps I provided resolve the issue. If the issue continues, please reply to this message with the
results. We will be glad to assist you further.
Marv, you may receive an e-mail survey regarding your e-mail support experience. We would appreciate your feedback. We would be glad if you could enter your esteemed and most important comments in the survey link
that would be sent out by us shortly to your e-mail within 24 hours. The survey requires just two minutes of your time but it will help us evaluate our efforts in resolving issues
HP Total Care is a J.D. Power and Associates Certified Technology
Service and Support Center, recognized for consistently providing "An
Outstanding Customer Service Experience". For information on keeping
your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at:

http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare

Sincerely,
Brogan
HP Total Care

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on
the information provided to us. HP does not assume any responsibility
or liability for the advice given and shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in
connection with the use of this information. Always back up your data.
For more information, including technical information updates, please
visit our Web site at http://www.hp.com/support.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (1/8/06 4:18 PM) reply + / -

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I understand from your email that the troubleshooting steps provided to
you did not resolve the issue.

I understand your concern in this regard and assure you of my best
effort in resolving this issue to your satisfaction.

Marv, I recommend that you perform the steps below to resolve the
issue.
We will also ship you a black cartridge to insert in the unit.

Step 1: Semi-full reset
=======================

Remove both the cartridges and then perform the reset.

Perform a semi-full reset on your PSC 2200 by holding the button
combination given below, while plugging in the power cord.

CAUTION: A semi-full reset will reset or clear the following
information:

* Return the user settings to the factory defaults.
* Delete language and country settings on some models.
* Fax logs.
* Fax headers.
* Fax speed dial information.

Press and hold "#" and "6" buttons while on the front panel keypad,
plugging in the power cord.

Now insert the cartridges back.

Step 2: Firmware update
========================

Download and save the file and install the software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/
softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=
79499〈=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-14039-3

Information
===========

To initiate the cartridge replacement process, I need some additional
information. Please reply to this message with the following details.

* Full Name:
* Complete Mailing Address (no P.O. Box, please):

NOTE: In many cases, HP requires the old cartridge returned. You
may be shipped a "cartridge caddy" for easy prepaid return
shipping of the defective cartridge.

* City:
* State:
* Zip/Postal Code:
* Phone Number (including area code):
* Printer Purchase Date:
* Printer Model Number (Example, C1234A or HP Deskjet 610C):
* 10 digit Printer Serial Number (Example, U123VX2341):

NOTE: The printer's Model Number and the Serial Number are listed
on the label located on bottom or back of the printer.

* Ink Cartridge Part Number (located on front of cartridge):
* 10 digit "End of Warranty" number located above copper strip on
cartridge:

NOTE: To locate the warranty date information, visit the
HP Web site given below.

genericDocument?&cc=us&docname=bpa02014

If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we
will
be happy to assist you further.

You may receive an e-mail survey regarding your e-mail support
experience. We would appreciate your feedback.

HP Total Care is a J.D. Power and Associates Certified Technology
Service and Support Center, recognized for consistently providing "An
Outstanding Customer Service Experience". For information on keeping
your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at:

http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare

Sincerely,

Sarah
Issue Resolution Team
HP Total Care

softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=
79499〈=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-14039-3

genericDocument?&cc=us&docname=bpa02014

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (1/15/06 7:49 PM) reply + / -
well, my problem returned after two days.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by douglasdog (1/18/06 10:41 AM) reply + / -
Error Message Incorrect Black Cartridge Installed comes up (with HP original cartridges) preventing any use of the printer (HP PSC750). We have cleaned all the pins, cleaned the cartridges, swapped them round with other cartridges but the Have pulled the electricity wire out as we have seen some postings about this resetting error message flags but cannot get rid of the message.
Anyone had this trouble and know how to fix it or override the message?

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (1/22/06 1:48 PM) reply + / -
Hi Loyal_HP_user,

I've used PSC 2210 for two years. This printer memorizes cartridge ID in its ROM, so resetting printer cannot overcome "Remove and check cartridge" error. I bought 3 empty cart. on eBay (rather cheap) and swapped 4 black cart. in order to pass this trouble. It worked! :)

Step 1: put my own refilled #56 into the printer ==> I got message "Remove and check cartridge."

Step 2: put the first empty #56 ==> I got a message notified an alignment process. I pressed "Enter", and the printer performed the alignment process.

Step 3: put the second empty #56 ==> similar to step 2

Step 4: put the third empty #56 ==> similar to step 2

Step 5: put my own refilled #56 ==> similar to step 2 ==> done.

I've applied this method during 2 years and refilled cart. a lot of times. Everything is OK, but I hate this printer. For my friends, I recommended them to buy Canon AIO printers because I don't want they have to face troubles. It's not good when HP prevents filling ink and forces users to buy their new cartridges.

(English is my second lang., so I'm sorry about my grammar and vocabulary mistakes :))

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bytedawg (1/24/06 6:48 PM) reply + / -
interesting process but if new HP cartridges wont resolve the error message then there is something more evil going on with this printer. Like HP refilling and selling as new.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Ian Gordon (2/13/06 11:35 AM) reply + / -
I had recently found myself in a similar situation. This is where a
bit of ingenuity comes in handy. The reason for the message is that
their isn't contact between the printer and the cartridge. The only
solution is to put something between the the latch and the front of
the ink cartridge to force the cartridge all the way back to make
contact with the connector in the back.

I suggest a small piece of paper folded three or four times, try
different thicknesses to see which works best. It might take a couple
times but it'll work after that.

So, remember the latch is poorly designed so the cartridge isn't
pushed all the way back to make contact with the connector in the back
so it doesn't work, its really a hardware problem not software or
fault ink cartridge.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by archie33 (3/6/06 5:01 PM) reply + / -
error:right cartridge incorrect

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by rahamx (3/24/06 7:18 AM) reply + / -
Sheeshhh!!!! had my printer now for about 3 years. out of the blue " CHECK CARTIRIDGE ERROR ".
Firstly had to find which cartridge was the cause. took left one out then closed clasp. shut machine. error message. " insert left cartride " no problem there.
Then did it to the right cartrige, Closed clasp. error message "Check Cartiridge error".
so i had a suspect...
so i got a cotton swab and some universal ink flush and cleaned the ink cartride contacts and inside where the contacts are on the right side. no joy to start with.
now this is what seems to have worked.
when you put cartridge in, push with finger to the back.
now, as you bring clasp down u will see it pushes back the cartridge via a spring..push in slowly and firmly. this all it seems to have been . a connection issue...mines happly printing away. and i saved myself $180.

No Subject by Auden (3/29/06 12:32 AM) reply+1 + / -
Ive joined the "pissed off group" Can anyone tell me how to sort out the "paper mismatch" error???? Also nothing prints. *shows HP middle finger"

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by AnnaD (4/18/06 1:32 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much...worked a treat!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by krysejens (4/29/06 2:41 PM) reply + / -
I HATE HP!!!! I have sworn over and over not to buy another hP ever and this time I have had it!!! This PRINTER CARTRIDGE ERROR thing is the last straw! I hope someone from HP checks this sight and realizes they have just lost another customer to CANON!! Thanks for letting me vent. We are going to throw the HP off the roof later today and see how many pieces it can shatter into!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by houli (5/3/06 8:25 PM) reply + / -
I too was getting the 'check cartridge' error.

I tried all of the cleaning and "setup+option" resets.
And nothing worked.

My 58 cartridge was expired for more than 1.5 years.
I replaced it, and now everything works fine.

I am disappointed in the unobvious error messages, but other
than that the 2210 has done me well for over 3 years.

Good Luck,
Houli

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (5/29/06 9:57 AM) reply + / -
Ian:
Thanks for your post, it worked for me!
M.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by shawstein (7/10/06 9:01 AM) reply + / -
I have tried cleaning the cartridge and pins, I replaced the cartridge with new HP. I still get the error "remove and check black cartridge". If I remove the cartridge and close the top the machine says "Install black cartridge". I tried a cartridge from another working machine and I still get the same error. I have tried making sure the cartridge is pushed all the way back to be sure and make contact with the pins. I even installed a "45" cartridge and got the error "wrong cartridge installed" so it seems to be making contact..what else should I check??? Chris

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/16/06 6:21 PM) reply + / -
i found a work around for the 2210.
Click the "proof sheet" button and then click the "copy" button, and the "black" or "color" button.
The sequence needs to be done quickly.

Im able to copy with it, but the bloody blinking buttons dont go away.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Pinkster3000 (7/21/06 10:48 PM) reply + / -
Had this problem and came here to find fix. found out that it was indeed the age of my carts. my 57 exp in 2005, the 56 was an office depot retread expiring in what looked to be 08/07/2006 tho it could have been 07/08/2006. replaced with 2 "dead" carts, a 57 dated in 2005, and a 56 dated in 2007. the 56 did the trick and went to the align print cartridges step. it wouldn't leave that until I cancelled it twice, but then it reset the thing so I could put in the original carts. After a single alignment, it was back in working order.

It is a royal pain, but now at least I know to not to exchange in ALL of my old carts for free paper at Office Depot. Also, serves to me as a warning abou using their recharged carts...

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/21/06 10:52 PM) reply + / -
Disregard previous entry. When I attempted to print, I was back in the same situation again. Guess it's time to break down and buy two new carts and start refilling THOSE. I've been doing my own refills for years, and never had this trouble until now.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/31/06 8:10 PM) reply + / -
Installed new black cartridge #56 for printer and and removed and re-installed it 4 times today and am constantly getting message to Press Enter to align cartridges. Tried cleaning cartridge system 2x with no result. Message continues. Any clues as to how to fix this problem will be much appreciated.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Kaptain Kaos (8/9/06 6:07 AM) reply + / -
Tried a million resets, firmware upgrades, key combinations with brandnew cartriges on TWO devices: one PSC 2110 and one PSC 2210. No effect. I contacted HP support via chat and got an offer for a refurbished PSC 2110 at 200 EUR. No thanks!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (8/14/06 8:53 AM) reply + / -
I may have found another solution. After going thropugh all the steps everyone listed I kept having the same problems. I then turned on the computer with the top open, was directed to close the door and guess what? Now the printer is working! Hope this helps you, too!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by dkny0007 (8/15/06 8:34 AM) reply + / -
FYI My printer is under a service contract and they have replaced it FOUR times. Each time, they have opted not to repair but to issue a new printer. All four new printers gave the same the error message. The original printer worked for about three months and I dont think I printed more than 20 pages of B&W and maybe a half a dozen color pages. I simply turned on the printer one day and the error message was there. This printer is cursed. The service center at Best Buy said they have returned hundreds due to this error.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (8/26/06 1:17 PM) reply + / -
Worked for me, too, but my printer display was saying "Press enter to align cartridges". I would press enter, it would do it's thing and give me the same message, again and again and...

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Keiju (8/26/06 2:19 PM) reply+1 + / -
I had the "check cartridge" error for the black cartridge (a half-full Rymans remanufactured cartridge - apparently "in date"). I replaced it with a brand new Rymans remanufactured cartridge with a 2008 expiry date printed on the box. No change. I tried many of the fixes suggested on here with no success.

Today I went out and bought a HP black cartridge and installed it. Immediate success. This does look as if HP has done something to ensure that we keep buying their own cartridges. Grrrrr!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (8/31/06 1:47 PM) reply + / -
i found a good use for this all in one hp.you know this blinking buttons,copy scan photocard, so,put it close to your christmas tree..

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (9/18/06 9:47 PM) reply + / -
Thank you!! I have been going crazy for days trying to fix this error, your suggestion worked.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by wijono (9/20/06 9:01 PM) reply + / -
Hi All ...
I got the same problem, and follow all your suggestions ... The result was nothing .... By the way, my printer is hp 2410.
Finally, I found a simple solution: never change your cartridge, just inject the refill ink! Don't forget to tape all holes except one that you need to fill, it can avoid color contamination. Tape all holes after refilling, and make small hole for vent after that.

Wijono

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by sappyhead (9/29/06 9:08 AM) reply + / -
Just got back form Staples with a new #56 cart(black), after having the "remove and check Cart" mssg for a few days. Took out the old, put in the new, it re-aligned and is now working fine.

No Subject by Frustrated! (10/2/06 10:10 PM) reply + / -
The electricity went out due to a storm while my printer was on and the cartridge light was flashing. It wouldn't print after shuting down computer and shuting off printer for 10+ seconds. Luckily I had a new printer cartridge that I keep on hand and replaced it with the new one and then it worked okay. Why would the other cartridge not work anymore when there was still plenty of ink in it? Is there anything I can do to make this not empty cartridge work again, rather than throwing it away? I still buy the cartridges from the office supply stores and $30+ is a lot to throw out for no reason. :{ If you have any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (10/20/06 6:12 AM) reply + / -
That stupid tab broke off mine too!!made in freaking malaysia!! did you ever fix yours?? or has anyone a clue of what to do??

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (11/22/06 1:01 AM) reply + / -
Holding down the option and setup button worked for me thanks. It cleared the allign cartridge message that would not go away.
HP wanted to charge me $30 just to tell me to do that. The guy I talked to on the phone was very persistent that I pay the money, but I elected to wait and fix the problem myself. I guess it better to wait especially when solving simple tasks.

Thanks,

Marvin

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (12/14/06 9:08 PM) reply + / -
Thank you for this information. It really does work.

No Subject by Anonymous (12/23/06 9:35 AM) reply + / -
Thanks to IAN GORDON. I have tried all the others' suggestions with no results, your technique worked for me!

Copied from Ian Gordon's post:

"I had recently found myself in a similar situation. This is where a
bit of ingenuity comes in handy. The reason for the message is that
their isn't contact between the printer and the cartridge. The only
solution is to put something between the the latch and the front of
the ink cartridge to force the cartridge all the way back to make
contact with the connector in the back.

I suggest a small piece of paper folded three or four times, try
different thicknesses to see which works best. It might take a couple
times but it'll work after that.

So, remember the latch is poorly designed so the cartridge isn't
pushed all the way back to make contact with the connector in the back
so it doesn't work, its really a hardware problem not software or
fault ink cartridge."

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Patsfan12 (12/30/06 10:37 PM) reply + / -
I just tossed my HP 2210 printer down my cellar stairs, It has broken into about 400 pieces. It now works better as it ever has since I bought the piece of junk two years ago. Boy do i feel better about my first and last HP purchase.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Stephen (12/31/06 8:40 AM) reply + / -
Read the forums before you buy an Epson to replace it.

As a matter of fact if you read the forums for about 3 days straight you'll suddenly think much more highly of HP.

Or just try reading the unanswered posts, (open threads).

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (1/14/07 10:54 AM) reply + / -
Clean the print cartridge contacts only if the Self-Test Report shows streaking or white lines through any of the colored bars. Do not clean the cartridges unless needed. This wastes ink and shortens the life of the cartridges.

Caution! Do not remove both print cartridges at the same time. Remove and clean them one print cartridge at a time.

Make sure you have the following materials available:

Any soft material that will not come apart or leave fibers (for example, a scrap piece of clean cotton cloth).
Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the print cartridges).
to clean a print cartridge
Turn the HP PSC on and open the print-carriage access door.
The print carriage moves to the center.

After the print carriage has moved to the center, unplug the power cord from the back of the HP PSC.
Push down on the print cartridge to release it and then pull it out of its slot.
Inspect the print cartridge contacts for ink and debris buildup.
Dip a clean cotton cloth scrap into distilled water and squeeze any excess water from the swab.
Hold the print cartridge by its sides.
Clean the contacts with the cotton cloth.
Place the print cartridge back into the slot and close the latch.
Repeat if necessary for the other print cartridge.
Close the print-carriage access door and plug in the HP PSC.
Because you removed a print cartridge from its slot, the HP PSC automatically prints a print cartridge alignment sheet.

Place the print cartridge alignment sheet on the glass, then press Scan.
The cartridges are correctly aligned.

Note: During alignment the button LED will blink until the procedure is completed; this takes about 30 seconds.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Stephen (2/10/07 5:05 PM) reply + / -
Brenda,

Have you tried replacing the cartridge? (even with an old empty one)

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Sardog (2/18/07 1:32 PM) reply + / -
I have had it with HP and especially the 2210, I have had the same problem and tried everything, now I have a 2210 with 2 new cartridges and it is still busted. I bought a Lexmark All-In-One X5450 for less than the cost of 2 cartridges for the @@!! 2210.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (3/3/07 4:20 PM) reply + / -
I had this problem and it turned out that a little black clip was broken off of the lid that pushes the cartridge up against the contacts. Analyze both of your compartment lids to see if one is missing the black clip. It is shaped like a "T". I had another 2210 that was doing the same thing, but luckily it has one good lid with the "T" clip remaining. I swapped that one with the broken one on the other printer and got one printer working. Now to see if that is a part that can be purchased.

Rob

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (3/5/07 12:45 PM) reply + / -
It never dawned upon me that buying "refills" would foul the print connections between cartridge and printer reader. Lots of black came off with swabs and cotton balls. Be CAREFUL with the indentation wire as cotton can get hung up there.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (3/12/07 8:48 PM) reply + / -
thank you very much-you really helped me out...

Re: HP 2610 'Remove and check cartridge on rt' er by sweetbabeoo (3/18/07 7:16 AM) reply + / -
I had this problem with a color cartridge and played with the printer for 4 days. I tried everything that HP suggested - cleaning the cartridges, cleaning the contacts, resetting, new cartridges, rebooting with no results. I noticed that the sliver wire that is attached to the side of the carriage would slip out ever so slightly. The plastic wasn't broken, just worn. I put it back in place and put a small piece of duct tape over it. Worked like a charm!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (3/25/07 10:30 AM) reply + / -
I did everything many times. Today I cleaned cart. & contacts with alcohol & unplugged. When I plugged it back in it didn't do anything - I'd finally killed it. I let it alone for a while. Went back later & replugged it in. It came back to life (I was on my way out to buy another, anything but HP) We'll see how long this lasts... Brenda

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (3/25/07 10:56 AM) reply + / -
In the end, I returned the Printer a total of 5 times and had new ones issued...all that had the same problem the minute I plugged it in. Fortunately I bought the machine from Best Buy and they felt so bad for me, they gave me a full store credit for what I originally paid for the printer and I bought myself a Cannon for a difference of $20.

HP sucks!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by mkelly (3/29/07 2:15 PM) reply + / -
I got the same error but it turned out that I had forgot to remove the plastic protective covering from the ink cartridge itself. Once I removed that then it worked. Remember to remove the plastic film protecting coverage from the cartridge contacts to computer.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (5/5/07 12:54 AM) reply + / -
For the "Check Cartridge Error" I tried cleaning the existing black #56 cartridge with alcohol, holding "setup" & "options" button at same time while powering-on the unit, powering-on with the lid open, and using a shim to press the cartridge into the carriage contacts. None of these items worked. I placed a brand new HP #56 cartridge into the machine, and now it works again. This is the 2nd time over the last few years that this error has surfaced. It's very upsetting because the cartridges weren't empty. I feel like HP is ripping me off.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Stephen (5/5/07 7:24 AM) reply + / -
You could have read the instructions posted at the link right above your post.

Then you might have been able to get it to work.

Hint, click on the crossed tools by my my name and look through my profile to find out your mistake with alcohol...

Thank you! by Anonymous (5/13/07 6:36 AM) reply + / -
Thank you very much, after replacing the alignment problem came up! And thanks to the Setup+Options Trick I got rid of it

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by randombyter (5/13/07 8:02 AM) reply + / -
I still have my psc but I repalced it with a canon so I can print what I want and when I want without the hassle. The HP still works but I am tired of the error message even though it still prints just fine. I also bought an HP for my daughters system. When I loaded the driver disk it crashed her machine and I had to rebuild the OS and restore all of her game files. I'm pretty much fed up with HP and will more than likely never buy another.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by brucepsm (5/14/07 12:11 PM) reply + / -
I have had the same problem with the HP Officejet 7410. The reason for the error was that when replacing a used cartridge the metal support wire under the cartridge was pushed back into the mylar wire bundle that attaches to the cartridge holder. If you remove the ink cartridges and look, with a flashlight at the flexible wiring to the print cartridges you will probably find a hole or tear in that material. The printer will need to be replaced as this is not a serviceable part.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (6/6/07 11:10 AM) reply + / -
I'm just so sad. I've been fiddling for hours with this printer.

We got a low ink message a couple months ago. We don't use the printer very often. Then we got an "error left cartridge incorrect." I have a refill kit so I ignored that error and just refilled both carts. I get a variety of errors now. Right cart, left cart. The printer hasn't been used much. No part is stretched or sloppy or dirty. OK, the bottom of the carts are inky now that I've refilled them and have been taking them in and out fooling around. I've read all these hell-notes here.

Is the problem just HP trying to get me to buy a pricey new cart? To waste time and drive into town, ugh. I just want to print a piece of paper.

All this resetting stuff also sounds annoying.

Is there a way to just make the printer "stop it now and print!"

Ha...I'll go back to fiddling. After all, my time is valuable, I'm way behind on many important things, so why not spend the day fooling with a silly printer! ARGH!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (6/6/07 2:01 PM) reply + / -
I got a check cartridge error message on my printer when I opened the cover to check the cartridges I found a plastic looking strip laying in the bottom of the printer it is attached on the right side of the printer and it appears that it needs to be attached to the left side of the printer, however I do not know for sure where it goes or how to put it back. It does not look like it is torn, broken or otherwise damaged just looks like it came unhooked or something. Can anyone help.

Thanks 6/6/07

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (6/30/07 2:58 AM) reply + / -
My printer made graunching noises upon replacement of my black toner with a new one. I tried replacing it with the old one, and also pressing COPY and SETUP or SETUP and OPTIONS to no avail. I followed the advice from this post about cleaning the electrics, however I did not have any alcohol available and so I used....
Johnson & Johnson Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Toner !!!! It worked a treat. I'm sure Clinque would work as well.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/6/07 7:06 PM) reply + / -
Worked for me. Thanks Carla

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by afe (7/13/07 6:36 AM) reply + / -
That plastic strip is the encoder strip, and there's a nice thread here: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/26463 which describes how to fix it. My printer had the same problem (I found it in the trash...).

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by afecu (7/17/07 1:12 PM) reply + / -
I was having the check cartridge error and cleaned the cartridge contacts gently as was mentioned above. Didn't work. I tried the cartridges in another printer and determined which one was not working. Contacted HP support, they gave different cleaning instructions - which fixed the problem! The key seems to be to rub briskly with a lint-free cloth. Here's what they said.

====Cartridge Cleaning====

1. Turn the unit on and open the lid or top cover.
2. Remove the cartridges.
3. Using a clean, dry lint-free cloth (a coffee filter works well),wipe the cartridge contacts, from the top to the bottom. The contact area of the cartridge should be rubbed briskly to remove the waxy lubricant material from the gold contacts.
4. The contacts inside the printer may also require cleaning. Using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth,
5. gently wipe the contacts, from the top to the bottom.
6. Re-insert the cartridges and close the printer's top cover. Print a test page.

For additional information I request you to refer to the URL given
below:

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by kshowell (7/23/07 6:43 PM) reply + / -
I had the align printer cartridges messages that would not go away and tried everything until I read the message about holding down the setup and options buttons at the same time. What a miracle. It worked. Thanks to whomever suggested it. Funny thing they went to the HP website - usually the last place I check anymore.

Happy Camper.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/25/07 1:22 PM) reply + / -
This printer is doomed. That's basically what the (very nice) gentleman told me on the phone today. I did everything I could from reading this forum, downloaded updates, bought both new color and ink cartridges, press #/6 reset, unplugged...everything short of trying to slip this little guy a Mr. Jackson under the printer cover as a bribe.

At least HP offered me a 3210 for $185, everything included with 1-day shipping. All things considered, I'd say they took care of me. It retails for $279.99, so I did okay.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Jenna_in_NY (8/5/07 12:42 PM) reply + / -
Kudos to markofny---the incessant "Check color cartridge" error on my HP PSC 750 finally stopped when I wiped off the inside of the cartridge holders (just the copper metal "dots") with a water-splashed cloth (I didn't want to use alcohol). Some black came off on the rag, I popped both cartridges back in, the machine prompted for an alignment, I completed it and everything's back to normal.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Bert (9/17/07 1:19 PM) reply + / -
You probably have the hinge style latch. These part number are for the non hinged style. You should be able to find them for under $5 each online. Replace them both and avoid another potential broken latch later.

Grey: C6490-60011
Blue: C6490-60012

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by edz (10/29/07 7:35 PM) reply + / -
I got this check cartridge error first with two Opti-Jet cartridges; so I put in never-used OfficeMax cartridges that had been sitting unopened in my house for a year. They did absolutely nothing. When I took the printer and cartridges to OfficeMax, the clerk there noted that real HP ink has preservatives in it and lasts quite a few years, but off-brand ink does not -- maybe my ink was too old. After trying everything else, he put in two new real HP cartridges and the thing worked beautifully.
I get the idea that PSC 2110's are more sensitive to off-brand inks than most printers. Lesson learned.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (11/18/07 11:28 PM) reply + / -
"remove and check cartridge" error fixed!!!

this is what i did..
1. powered on printer
2. took out cartridges
3. powered off printer
4. while inserting back carts pushed them back
against their connector while closing the printer.
-let go once the carts went back into their place
5. then waited for the magic
-at this point the carts were doing something weird, like going back and forth. so what i did is:
6. go to maintanence-clean and align cartridges.
now my psc2210 is workin' good!!!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (11/22/07 12:12 PM) reply + / -
I have hp printer model 2210 its been really great . I recently started getting to correct the right cartridge error, i had been using office depot refills . I went and bought an HP brand black cartridge and after four error messages it finally worked again . Has been working fine no more refills for me.

sincerely,
Robert

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by BobbyV (11/22/07 5:25 PM) reply + / -
Thanks a pile for that message Robert.

Sheesh.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (12/17/07 11:54 AM) reply + / -
hahahahqa! "put it close to the Christmas tree"....good one, in all this misery of faultive HP printers I never laughed so hard!!LOL

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by moe (12/17/07 5:29 PM) reply + / -
Here's a photo of what bruce is talking about
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc6480ccopyvj9.jpg

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by moe (12/17/07 5:55 PM) reply + / -
If you are getting the error, the printer might think the cartridges are empty. Here's a trick on how to reset the #26 and #57 cartridges to full. You will get no warning when they do run out of ink. The color that is empty will no longer print. At that point you will have to get a new cartridge or refill the one you reset and reset it again.

1. There are 6 rows of contacts on the back of the cartridge. Place a piece of tape only covering the top contact on the 2nd row (reading from the left). Make sure that only that contact is covered and no others.

2. Place cartridge in the printer. The printer may tell you that there is a problem with your cartridge. Ignore this message. The printer may print an alignment page. If so, allow it to do so.

3. Take the cartridge out of the printer. Leave the 1st piece of tape on the cartridge. Place another piece of tape over the top contact on the 5th row. Make sure that only that contact is covered and no others.

4. Follow step 2 again.

5. Take the cartridge out of the printer for the final time. Take the remaining tape off and place back in the printer. The printer should print out an alignment page and the estimated ink level in the toolbox should read full.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by KT9 (1/4/08 6:36 AM) reply + / -
Cheers JCK!

This worked for me!
***hold down the "Setup" button while pressing the "Options" button and the message will go away. Worked for me.
jck***

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Bert (edited 1/19/08 9:48 PM) reply + / -
Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges and carriage with a cotton swab and alcohol. If this does not solve the problem you may have a defective cartridge, particularly if you are using refills.

Make sure that you are using the correct cartridges and that the protective tape is removed from the electrical contacts and print nozzles.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by russdet (1/18/08 5:36 PM) reply + / -
Thanks to everyone for their ideas, I finally got my printer up and running! Before I read this forum I attempted to work with the HP technical help without any success. During the process of trying the suggestions from HP and spending several hours switching cartridges, both of my new cartridges (color and black) were giving me the “Check cartridge” error. I finally got around this error as follows: (1) I powered up the printer, opened the cover to center the cartridges, pulled out the power cord, and removed both cartridges. It may be important to interrupt the power to the printer to keep it from detecting any changes while you fiddle with the cartridges. (2) On both the color and black cartridges, I taped on two layers of index card pieces on the back (assuming that the back of cartridge faces the front of the printer where one inserts cartridges and paper) of the top, front lug (or tab) that protrudes about 1/8 inch above the top of the cartridge just above the cartridge electrical contacts. The idea is to put more pressure on the cartridge when it is installed to force it towards the electrical contacts on the printer. There is a spring-loaded lever on the top of the cartridge latch that pushes against that tab when you pull down the latch to install a new cartridge. (3) I installed both cartridges and closed the printer cover. (4) I powered up the printer by plugging in the power cord and got a “Remove and check color cartridge” error. (5) I opened the printer cover, let the cartridges move into center position, and pulled out the power cord. (6) I pulled out my new color cartridge that I had just modified with the tape and card pieces and installed another old color cartridge without any modifications. I presume, from what everyone has said before, that I may have had to do this a few times with additional color cartridges. Switching cartridges while the printer is off seems to confuse it and cancels the “Check cartridge” error. (7) I closed the lid, plugged in the power chord, and got the message to commence the alignment procedure, which I did. (8) When the alignment was completed, I was ecstatic. Up to this point, I was never able to complete and alignment because the printer would freeze in the middle of the alignment process without doing any printing. (9) I opened the cover, allowed the cartridges to center, pulled the power cord, exchanged color cartridges (I wanted my modified cartridge, the one I taped earlier, to be installed), plugged in the power cord, and got the message to perform another alignment, which I did. SUCCESS! The printer is now performing flawlessly. I hope this helps somebody revive their own machine.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by some guy (1/19/08 9:42 PM) reply + / -
mine was a 2110.
"Remove and check cartrdige error"
rubbing alcohol and qtips to clean all of the contacts
back on line

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by russdet (2/11/08 3:16 PM) reply + / -
I had my printer working fine for a few weeks having used the process I described 1-18-08. Then the “Remove and check cartridge” error appeared out of nowhere. After much experimenting, here are my conclusions: (1) The “Remove cartridge” error indicated that it was the black cartridge had a problem, but it turned out that it was really the color cartridge had somehow become defective for no apparent reason. (2) There is no need to unplug the printer while switching cartridges as long as you don’t take longer than a couple minutes. (3) Trying to confuse the printer with several cartridges didn’t seem to make any difference. (4) While testing combinations of cartridges to determine which is faulty, there is no need to complete the alignment process. If the printer offers to do the alignment without a “Remove and Check Cartridge” error, you know that both cartridges are okay. You only need to complete the alignment after you’re done testing. (5) I installed a new color cartridge and now the printer seems to be okay.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by moe (edited 2/16/08 10:22 PM) reply + / -
I had the reverse problem happen to me. Stuck in a new 56 cartridge and it said the color was bad. Same problem in another printer. Exchanged it for a new one and it was OK. Customer came in a week later with the same problem on his printer. New 56 wasn't being recognized. I think HP is putting out bad cartridges. Be aware before you waste a lot of time troubleshooting. Sucks when you think you have a good cartridge and it sends you on a wild goose change by making the printer tell you the other cartridge is the one that's bad.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (2/14/08 11:31 AM) reply + / -
Russdet,

My 2210 says there's a carriage jam and there isn't one. But when I was checking it I pulled out a 4 inch gray plastic piece that I imagine belongs somewhere.

Would you know where? Also, what's the best way to get rid of the message?

Bob

Re: HP PSC 2110 'check cartridge' error by Russdet (2/16/08 8:07 PM) reply + / -
My printer was giving me the "Remove and check the black cartridge," but it turned out to be the color cartridge that was faulty. I tried different combinations of old cartridges to find out which combination allowed me to get to the alignment step. A new color cartridge did the trick. The cartridge that was faulty was only a few months old!.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by kditty (2/26/08 6:27 AM) reply + / -
i had this same error, this was a good all in one for a while but after a year or so it started to wobble a lot when the cartridge carrier went left to right.well one day the tab that puts pressure on the ink cartridge broke as it was sliding, and broke the whole tab off that locks it into place. i dont like hp printers, but i have few choices since i run a linux OS. :\ i wouldnt recommend this printer to ANYONE!

i would still like to use it to send a fax, or scan a document but i cant do anything without the printer cartridges in, i rigged the right one up and the left one did the SAME thing. would this be worth fixing?

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Muz73 (3/15/08 4:47 PM) reply + / -
My hp 2210xi started flashing and reported "remove and check cartridge". I change the black cartridge despite the fact that I knew there was still ink in cartridge. Well, that solved the problem for two weeks. Then the printer started flashing again. I was incredulous. So, I replaced the color cartridge that wasn't empty. I even shook it and heard the sloshing. When I read about the lawsuit, I instantly wanted to add my name to the list. Unfortunately, I can't find an update on the lawsuit. Hopefully HP won't get away with cheating people out of their hard earned money.

Re: HP PSC 2110 'check cartridge' error/refilling by Russdet (3/15/08 5:39 PM) reply + / -
To avoid the “remove cartridge and check” error, unplug the machine while refilling the cartridges. If you seal the refill holes with tape, be sure to make small vent holes with a pin for each color.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (4/14/08 3:13 AM) reply + / -
thx guys that worked 4 me too!

HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by moe (4/20/08 3:29 PM) reply + / -
I just fixed an HP PSC 2210 with that error. Originally, I had a broken belt which I replaced. Naturally, with the belt broken, I had no idea of any other functionality of the printer. When I powered it up, it flashed the message. So, I went through the motions of cleaning the contacts, powering it up and down. Message wouldn't go away. I had an old 2240 parts printer that had what I thought were working cartridges, so I swapped them. I got an align cartridge message. I tried pushing the setup/option buttons to bypass it, but it wouldn't go away. Align cartridge page resulted in a failure. I decided to swap one cartridge at a time in the hopes that would correct the issue. It didn't. I reinstalled the original cartridges back in the printer and tried the hands on healing approach (I can do that with printers, but not with humans). Strangely enough, that actually worked. I can't say I was surprised. Printed alignment page, tried a copy, powered off and on. Seems to be fixed.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/19/08 5:24 AM) reply + / -
yes that took care of that error for me too...

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/19/08 12:58 PM) reply + / -
I had a problem where the display would not let me get out of the "allign catridge" error.

I did what JCK and HP said to do: Press down on the "Set up" button WHILE pressing down on the "Options" button and it worked...the PRINTER 2210 is running find now....THANK YOU JCK.......

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (7/29/08 6:40 AM) reply + / -
I have had this error everytime I change my HP cartridges. Yep, real HP cartridges and I still have this problem over and over and over again. NOthing works. I'm through with HP. Totally fed up

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by bryce123 (7/29/08 3:13 PM) reply + / -
Has anyone tried removing the battery in this model I saw it on another thread but it wasn't 2210 specific.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Russdet (7/30/08 12:34 PM) reply + / -
I've tried this a couple times and it seems to work perfectly. To change (or refill) cartridges and avoid the notorious "check cartridge" error message, (1) open the cartridge access lid, (2) unplug the printer's power cord, (3) fiddle with the cartridges as needed, (4) install the new or refilled cartridges, (5) close the cartridge access lid, and finally,(5)plug in the power cord. Now the printer should display "Ready to Copy."

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (9/2/08 8:31 AM) reply + / -
I was having no luck with changing cartridges until I tried the 5 step procedure above. It came back with align cartrides ( I was tempted to skip it with setup + options key) and the first attempt said mismatch paper. Hit enter again on align cartridges and it actually printed a proper alignment page and this is with an Office Max #57 refill dated 2005 for original cartridge. You will have to set up the basic fax info under setup + option 3 to add the current date and time, rings to answer fax etc. since you powered down the machine. Back in business!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (9/19/08 8:06 AM) reply + / -
I have just read your suggestion and it worked!!! I have been trying to fix this for a very long time! Thanks a million!
Terry

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (10/20/08 10:37 AM) reply + / -
fgdh

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by WILLIAM HOWELL (10/30/08 7:43 AM) reply + / -
Ive been working for hours on this problem. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. I tried holding down the "Setup" button while pressing the "Options" button and the problem was instantly gone. I was ready to pitch the printer before. I could not believe the fix could be so easy. I saw nothing on this reset anywhere else.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by anonymous (11/9/08 12:37 PM) reply + / -
I used the Setup+Options buttons and it got rid of the check cartridge message, but then wouldn't print the alignment page. Tried Setup+Options again and it then told me to check the cartridges.

I learned my lesson today about refilling cartridges...its a big No No for my HP printer. Had them refilled at Office Max, the woman assured me they would work, sure enough I got home and it told me to check the cartridges, went to Target (cause they are cheaper there surprisingly enough)and bought brand new ones, installed them and had no problems after that. I'll spend the extra 7 dollars to avoid this ridiculous hassle.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Russ Det (11/9/08 2:25 PM) reply + / -
Did you try the method of unplugging the printer while you refilled and replaced the print cartridges? I've done that a couple times and it works fine, although this procedure skips the alignment process.

Thanks for the tip about Target's prices.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (12/6/08 11:05 PM) reply + / -
Thank you! We've been having this problem forever and were considering getting a new printer. This fixed it.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by MikeZOD (12/15/08 8:52 PM) reply + / -
No I don't have a cure yet! BUT ,,,, Playing with keys...

Enter service mode: #*123

I am presently writting down the Paramater values...
321 of them .... I'm hoping to possably find a cartridge ID
Number if so maybe to set a different value !!?? Who knows
But for now something to do since the printer dose not work with
the "CHECK CARTRIDGE ERROR"

In service mode you can test different things on the printer!
Anyway have fun and be careful I'm sure this could REALLY screw
up your printer!!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Bill McQuerry (12/27/08 5:13 PM) reply + / -
I have the same stupid problem with 2210 all in (Nothing) printer. The lights keep blinking and it keeps telling me that I should (Remove and check cartridges) which I have done several times to no avail. If I remove the color cartidge number 57 the printer will print in black with the lights still flashing, and the scan option also works, but, it will not allow me to put in the phone number to send a fax. I sauppose I could replace both cartridges and the cost of about $45 to $50 and take a chance, but per several others I see it did not work either.

I really need the fax option and I received no help whatsoever from HP Support 800 #. The lady on the chat line told me to try a couple of things that did not work and then she told me that I needed to take in in fcr service? BIG HELP..

By the time I would take it in and replace both cartridges and then have someone look at it and possibly repair it it would cost me over $100 , not worth it. I have checked the internet and see a new Epson All In One for $79.00. I see the reviews are all 4 to 5 stars. Does anyone have any experience with this Epson unit?

I also have a Hp F380 printer which I got along with my HP Laptop, I must say that is also a piece of shit, when it feels like working it works, when it doesn't your freakin out of luck. It also is the slowest damned printer that I have ever had too. I will never buy any HP product again, they don't seem to care.

Thanks

Bill

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by moe (edited 12/27/08 6:29 PM) reply + / -
According to one survey (read the whole thread) http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/49754#1,Epson has more problems with their inkjet printers than all of the other makes. All phone tech support is mostly useless. It's not just HP. It's all outsourced to India, and they just read from books. None of them have ever worked on printers in their lives. Also, screw the reviews. They just cover print quality and operation. If you're not going to print with the Epson every day, then you're going to suffer from clogged heads. Guess you won't ever be able to go on an extended vacation if you buy an Epson. All MFC inkjet printers have problems. Some are worse than others. It's just that they are all so cheaply built with so many functions crammed into them. All about selling the expensive ink cartridges, don't you know.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (1/3/09 3:08 PM) reply + / -
TAKE CARTRIDGE AND DIP INK SECTION IN VERY HOT WATER FOR 10-20 SEC- STARTS THE FLOW

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (2/7/09 11:56 AM) reply + / -
Dude thanks!!!!!!!! pushing setup and options button at the same time cleared the error.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by tavino (2/14/09 2:46 PM) reply + / -
Hello everyone,

I am going to post this same message on all of the forums Ive found so far for the "remove and check cartridge error" Ive had for the last 10,000 years on my HP PSC 2210. After I refilled my black ink cartridge (56), I got this endless error. After trying everything from cleaning the heads, to new cartridges, to installing patches...I finally fixed it, and it was by doing nothing Ive read about so far, so I'll share. Please let me know if it works.

I read something about a sensor wire, maaaybe this has something to do with it...but quite simply: Instead of installing the cartridge using the spring loaded top latch to hold the cartridge in place, I just pushed the cartridge in (without touching the tab which 'catches' the top/back part of the cartridge and eventually loads the spring). I then pulled the latch over the cartridge and secured it in place (so the door can close and the cartridges can move back and forth). Error message finally went away...Now all I hear is the beautiful sound of printing. Let me know if this works or if you need clarification..I endlessly searched through forums as well...to no avail! good luck.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by different Peter (3/18/09 11:43 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem, "Remove and check cartridge". The cartridge shouldn't be empty yet, since it's rarely used.

Anyway... based on above suggestions and Support from HP website I found out it was the black cartridge that was causing the problem. I tried cleaning it or the carrier, but the error stayed.

Hesitantly, I bought a new one (Fred Meyer had 10% discount this week and that included cartridges from HP as well). The error message got replaced by "align and press Enter" or something like that... and now I can print again and printer seems to work.

In the past I had troubles with the cartridges, getting orange when it should be red or so... but other than that, I am pretty happy with this printer (HP PSC 2210). And the support for GNU/Linux is (one of ?) the best.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by TMcG (5/12/09 7:47 PM) reply + / -
I had this same problem with an HP 2210 all-in-one. The solution I found was to reset the internal memory of the printer. This required taking it apart a little (not hard).
You'll needed a torque bit/screwdriver, size T10.

Unplug the printer, be safe, etc.
Looking at the back of the printer:
- Remove the roller insert in the middle by pressing on the two tabs on the sizes and pulling it out
- Unscrew the two torque bits and remove the back panel. Be careful there will be a wire plugged in from the back panel speaker to a circuit board in the bottom-left corner.
- Unplug this cable
- There will be two power cables (one black-and-gray, the other just black) and two white ribbon cables.
- Unplug all these. Be careful unplugging and plugging these in, especially the ribbon cables, they can be bent very easily
- Plug everything back in and reverse these steps to put the printer back together.
- For me, pulling the cables and plugging them back in reset the printer's memory (Note: Date on printer display reset to "Jan 00 00 00:00a") and I was able to use my cartridges to print again (the "incorrect right cartridge" still had 25% ink in it).

Hope this helps.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (5/13/09 3:21 PM) reply + / -
TMcG,

What a great solution! You have come up with a simple solution to a very sticky problem. Thanks for sharing!

Re: HP PSC 1350 all in one by sajith (5/13/09 9:21 PM) reply + / -
plase give me the information,
hp psc 1350 is not get in A4 full size copy,
scanning A4 full size is take,
but copy A4 full size is not take, last 2 or 3 lines is not get in

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (5/19/09 3:38 PM) reply + / -
I need the grey hinged latch (mine broke off) and I have been searching the internet for it with no luck. Where and how did you find this part? Can you tell me the website? HP told me it wasn't a user replaceable part. I'm going to start searching the goodwill stores for an old printer that I can take this latch out of. This might take awhile as its hit or miss so any help you can give me in locating this part would be most helpful. Also any helpful hints in disassembling the unit to get to the latch to replace it w/o causing damage.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by gidgoodman (7/12/09 9:12 AM) reply + / -
I have had the same problem but resolved it eventually. as in previous posts I checked the cartridge locking mechanism an found that one had indeed broken so I placed a small piece of paper folded up small on top of the cartridge and the mechnism pushed the cartridge in snug making the contact touch.

solved

Re: HP PSC 2410 print align page error by Anonymous (12/2/09 9:51 AM) reply + / -
how do i get rid of the flashing yellow lights and an error message

Re: HP PSC 2410 'check cartridge' error by Russdet (12/2/09 12:24 PM) reply + / -
I tried holding down the "Setup" button while pressing the "Options" button and the problem was instantly gone.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by don harden (12/3/09 6:37 PM) reply + / -
Hey all, Don here from Westminster, Coloardo. I inherited a 2210 (manufactured 2002) from my Mom. It worked GREAT for years. All of a sudden, Bingo, the "Check right print cartridge" warning appeared. What happened was::the plastic piece of crap right print cartridge (black #56) holder finally broke, and it IS a little piece of cheap plastic crap that HP designed to break after years of use. I can NOT find a replacement, so I'm headed to Staples for a J3680 or something else. My 2210 was a GOOD machine, broke my heart when the holder broke. Anyone know where I could find the replacement part from a used parts store or? donhar426@yahoo.com

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (2/3/10 10:57 AM) reply + / -
Hey guys, can someone help me out !!!!! bought 2 sets of black&colour cardridges ages ago unfortunately they expired last year. How can I get them to work ..... I tired to set the date back to a year, didn't work

Thank you in advance

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by dluehe (2/10/10 10:09 AM) reply + / -
When trying to use the copy function on my HP psc 2210, I received the error message, "Paper too narrow" and "Load wider paper". The error was due to a blocked media sensor. I found the solution at the HP Technical Support forum (http://h10025.www1.hp.com under the title, "A 'Paper Mismatch' or 'Paper too Narrow' Error Occurs While Receiving a Fax". I've essentially had a great experience with this unit (now going on seven years). Most problems caused by buggy HP software. I'm now using the Windows 7 stock driver (no HP support on this yet). Though limited in functionality, works fine.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (2/10/10 12:53 PM) reply + / -
I wasn't aware that the cartridges, once expired, wouldn't print unless they had dried out. Have you tried TMcG's (5/12/09) suggestion?

--Russdet

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (2/26/10 5:09 AM) reply + / -
HI,
I might purchase one of these aio's and I need to know if it is compatible with windows 7 and windows office 2007. Also, can anyone specify inexpensive ink cartridges and approximate price for this aio? Thank you for all your help.
Paul

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (3/1/10 4:58 AM) reply + / -
The centering the cartridges, turning the machine off, cleaning contacts on cartridges and chassis, and then putting them back in and powering the thing up again worked in my case.

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (5/16/10 1:37 PM) reply + / -
That worked for me also. After experiencing a ton of difficulty getting rid of the "check cartridge" error (which only went away when I replaced the black cartridge with a new one), I then ran into the "press enter to align cartridges" prompt. It would then flash "alignment cancelled" every time I tried to do this. After holding down the "setup" and "options" tab simultaneously, it went away. Thank you.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Anonymous (5/25/10 9:45 PM) reply + / -
it doesnt work!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by fergl (5/31/10 8:59 PM) reply + / -
Had same problem when changing cartridges with refills (normally it's just the horrible software wreaking havoc). I've spent all morning trying to sweet-talk this thing into working for me, tried cleaning, pressing buttons et al, worked out it was the black cart causing probs when I put the old black one back in with the new colour cart and it went on to the align process. So eventually I gave in and spent yet more $$$ on an hp branded cart. Which works. Must've got a faulty refill. Annoyingly I could've got a Canon All-in-one for au$15 more than that hp cart. ARGH!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by capnspif (6/23/10 7:14 PM) reply + / -
Unbelievable but the suggestion above to remove the ribbons and power cable inside the unit, suggested by TMcG above, was the only thing that worked for my 2210. The print cartridges are over half full but about 6 months past expiration, it died right in the middle of a print but working fine now. None of the other suggestions helped the "Check print cartridge" error. Thanks!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by ALTEMIR (7/8/10 6:51 AM) reply + / -
Quando ligo a minha impressora uma luisinha acende e fica piscando mostra no moinitor um nome o cartucho está com problema, e já retirei e coloquei novamente, carreguei novamente e ele mostra que está descarregado o que devo fazer?

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by fishlips (8/1/10 9:27 AM) reply + / -
The reply sent a few years back WORKS, see the post

HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by moe (12/17/07 5:55 PM)

I've been using this method for 5 years on my HP printer, this link shows how to do it with images.

http://tricks-collections.com

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by happy again (8/15/10 8:30 PM) reply + / -
I tore an index card and put several pieces in front of the cartridge behind the plastic and the connection finally happened. It took several times to get it right, but it is printing again. Thank you very much for the advise.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by msmithies (11/11/10 2:56 AM) reply + / -
I was getting "remove and check black cartridge" error despite replacing with a new, genuine no 56 cart. The old one didn't feel empty anyway. Cursing (to myself) that I'd wasted $$$ on new carts, I was resigned to throwing my 7 year old printer away. I Googled the error message and found this wonderful site. Read above (somehwere, posted back in 05), that it might be related to the colour cart. Well, I'd purchased a dual pack (56 and 57) so I thought I'd give it a try. This is what worked: 1. Remove existing colour cart and close lid. 2. Listen to really bad noise as the flap you left open fouls on something as the carriage flys back to the right. 3. Lift the lid and close the flap like you should have done in the first place. 4. Shut lid, watch it tell you that you need to insert a colour cart. 5. Power off and remove/re-insert power cord. 6. After it tells you to insert a colour cart again, put a NEW one in. 7. Be veeerrrry patient while it tells you that it's printing the align cart. page.

That's it! After a minute it prints the page, onto the scanner and you're away.

No logic to any of that as far as I'm concerned. If the colour cart. is the problem it should say that, otherwise normal people like myself will go out and waste money and time replacing the black one.

What an amazing site this is. This is a really old printer, but I was able to fix my problem.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by theog (12/21/10 2:12 AM) reply + / -
I have had the problems listed on this page. After trying most things suggested over many hours, I eventually phoned HP and got helpfull support, as I have always had in the past. It was free too, even though my printer psc 2110 is now quite a few years old. I gues its in their interest anyway, considering the money they make out of selling me expensive cartridges. Anyway, they emailed me some suggestions, but in the end nothing helped. Here is what I eventually did and it fixed the problem. Instead of the printer giving me vague messages to act upon, which did nothing to rectify the problem, I gave IT something to think about! I removed both cartridges and closed the door. After some housekeeping, it asked me to insert the right cartridge, which I did. It then asked me to insert the left cartridge, which I did. I then closed the door again and waited. Soon it suggested I needed to allign the cartridges and to press "enter". After this I just followed the usual prompts. After the allignment was complete I printed a test page and it was working normally again

Re: EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AND ERRORS by HotOmatic (1/24/11 12:26 PM) reply + / -
Product: HP PSC 2210xi all-in-one

Problem: error mssg "remove and check cartridge"

Proceedure: Opened lid. Removed Lft(blk) ink cartridge. Looked at it. Re-inserted into machine. Pressed & held firmly against back contact pad while closing flip-down clip. Repeated with Rt(color) cartridge.

Result: "Printing copy 1 of 1"

And away we went!!

Hope this helps a minimum of 1 person...

Wear something flashy, stop & smell someone's lunch, Play a Video game with someone new, Seize the DAY!

HotOmatic in San Francisco, CA

Re: EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AND ERRORS by HotOmatic (1/24/11 12:28 PM) reply + / -
Product: HP PSC 2210xi all-in-one

Problem: error mssg "remove and check cartridge"

Proceedure: Opened lid. Removed Lft(blk) ink cartridge. Looked at it. Re-inserted into machine. Pressed & held firmly against back contact pad while closing flip-down clip. Repeated with Rt(color) cartridge.

Result: "Printing copy 1 of 1"

And away we went!!

Hope this helps a minimum of 1 person...

Wear something flashy, stop & smell someone's lunch, Play a Video game with someone new, Seize the DAY!

HotOmatic in San Francisco, CA

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Joe Demo (4/28/11 7:10 PM) reply + / -
To: TMcG, You rock!!! I tried everything on this blog. Then I unplugged the cables from the inside back as you mentioned. This cleared out the many codes in the memory. The printer works now!!!!
Thanks!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Joe Demo (5/3/11 1:29 AM) reply + / -
Re: my 4/28/11 post. It worked for a day. "Remove and check cartridges message" is back. Tried unplugging internal cables to clear memory again, with no luck. BTW; using freshly refilled cartridges now, not new HP brand.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by wvsky (5/17/11 4:53 PM) reply + / -
I discovered a way to bypass "cartridge out of date" message, but it takes a little work:

Each cartridge has a chip pasted to it. This has the date information. You can easily remove it with a razor blade or box cutter blade by simply lifting up on the corner and peeling it off. (It's held on by double stick tape)

Then find a friend who has just emptied his more recent cartridges and remove his chips and stick them on your old cartridges. Now you're back in business.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by dilshad (6/5/11 11:55 PM) reply + / -
i refilled the cartridge of hp 3745 printer and then reinstalled it but the printer light only blinks. what could be the problem with it

Re: HP PSC 2210 'rip-off project' by milkmann (6/6/11 11:30 AM) reply + / -
people:
this hp printer works in mysterious ways.
try the following:
- remove black and or color cartridge and try old or new one (obviously the current isn't responding)
- shut off unit and try the set-up options game (not sure why this works sometimes)
- unplug while cartridges are out then plug in and insert when the unit comes on
- clean the electrodes behind the cartridge if you must, but after so many attempts I don't think this is the magic solution
- the dates on mine expire in Nov 2012 so this wasn't the issue with the non-performing cartridge

- last but not least - throw it down the steps...you have plenty of other things to worry about!!! Then buy a reputable Canon copier that communicates well with your computer. If your using a dreaded PC with Windows then you deserve the hang-ups since Microsoft loves every inch of your wallet after you purchase their shitty no-shelf-life products. I've had a MAC since 1998 and it works like a charm!!! Never any issues or hang-ups!!! (no need to knock on wood!!!)

- I read all these complaints and some solutions worked while most didn't. Think about how large companies such as HP make their profits by inserting expiration dates etc., and charging $30 for 1/2 hour of tech support from a representative in India who takes your CC# then spends it on a lavish spicy dinner in New Delhi.

The USA is just a huge melting pot of scams upon scams while using its many citizens as guinea pigs while offering more discounts and offers for products they'll never get in the end anyway. It's the same as the Petrol industry, you can't do a damn thing about it, although most of it is tempting enough to consider and eventually fall victim!!!

Good Luck
Gerry - the Piper of the Dawn
NYC, USA

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 'check cartridge' error by Karl Tiefert (7/19/11 7:19 PM) reply + / -
Dear Russdet,
I have a PSC 2210 that worked very well for many years until a few days ago when the "check cartridge" error message appeared and would not go away no matter what.
I tried all suggestions, no change. Even your scheme, "holding down the "Setup" button while pressing the "Options" button" did not remove the message.
In desperation, I finally disconnected the power from the printer, held down the "Setup" button while pressing the "Options" button and reconnected power and that did the trick. The problem was instantly gone.
Thanks a lot,
Karl

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by HP2210 (7/26/11 1:12 PM) reply + / -

Subject: hp psc 2210 all-in-one

Problem: Does not print from my laptop but fakes it.

Reason: Poor electrical contact.
[Between the back of the printer Cartridge (e.g. HP Black]
[#56) and the exposed contacts of the Carriage the]
[Cartridge installs into and rides in.]

Fix: Duck tape
[The bottom of the Cartridge to the Carriage firmly]
[pushing back and up locking the pressed position into place]
[with the good duck tape.]

Solution: New HP design in materials used and or latching
mechanism.

Best.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by dasincleve (8/1/11 9:15 PM) reply + / -
Different HP printer, same problems with check cartridge error.
SOLUTION!!! If cleaning contacts doesn't do it, then try latching the cartrige in place and then WIGGLE IT SIDEWAYS while holding down the latch. After I did this, the messages went away. I had cleaned the contacts, but apparantly it also needed a bit of rubbing around to make sure all the contacts connected firmly and cleanly.

I also think the answers above re paper etc under the latch could help. The whole thing is that ALL OF THE COPPER PADS on the cartridge back need to MAKE GOOD ELECTRICAL CONTACT with ALL OF THE CONTACT PINS in the carriage.

Do whatever it takes to make sure of this - clean if dirty, rub around if that helps, jury rig the latch to assure good pressure... whatever.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Don Harden (edited 8/15/11 6:41 PM) reply + / -
Hey all in ones!!! Don here from Colorado. After a couple years of not messing with the basic piece of crap cheap ass plastic print cartridge cover doors, I am attempting the process of gluing all the plastic parts that broke off the print cartridge covers back together using super glue to hold the parts together then epoxy over the super glue to beef up the covers PLUS epoxy to fill in all the grooves in the covers. I took off the 3 black screws that holds the housing in and carefully loosened the white housing. WARNING: THERE'S A PLASTIC CIRCUIT BOARD BEHIND THE WHITE P-CARTRIDGE HOUSING THAT MAKES CONTACT WITH THE 2 P-CARTRIDGES AND IT WILL NOT COME OUT ALL THE WAY AS THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF THE C-BOARD PLASTIC IS TERMINATED ON TO THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF THE WHITE HOUSING VIA THE PLASTIC CIRCUIT BOARD. What's happening is the plastic is so cheap Vs. the strong springs in the covers (that holds the 2 p-carts. in place) that the plastic broke off and caused the malfunction. Anybody else attempting this should plan to spend a LOT LOT of hours as you can't put too much glue on at a time. Ya gotta wait 'till the next day for the epoxy to dry and harden before you put more on and be SURE to not get epoxy in the 4 round holes or your'e screwed and also make sure the spring assemblys in the 2 covers don't get jammed up with ANY glue. I'll report my effort as soon as I get it all back together.....

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Don Harden (8/17/11 6:27 PM) reply + / -
Well, here's my results folks.....partial success. I didn't notice the "control module" on the right outer side of the white p-cartridge housing where the black cart. goes, plus I didn't file off ALL the excess of the epoxy to ensure that the doors move freely (the right green black p-cart. door kinda stuck on top of the white housing), so what happened is that "control module" (it's got 3 eyes on it and I THINK it controls the print cartridges and paper movement) popped off when I was putting the 3 black screws back in and while I was trying to superglue the module back on (HP also screwed that up for decent assembly as I didn't see any broken off pieces when it popped off), the plastic circuit board that's connected to the housing broke(I was too rough with it but it's real EASY to break), but I DID get the unit to fax again. It doesn't print or copy any longer so I at least matched a LOT of you who tried duct tape, wire to hold the P-carts. in, aluminum foil to hold the p-cartridges in, etc. If I would have noticed the control module, I would have epoxied it in as well. If you run into the same, make sure you also use epoxy to beef up the module as it pops off easy; put epoxy on the top FRONT half and the front side of the module as the plastic circuit goes into the upper rear of the module; you might also use a SMALL piece of duct tape to beef up that plastic circuit board that connects to the housing. And also put the white housing on and test free p-cart. door movement BEFORE you put the three black screws back in. I THOUGHT I had it but the module popped off. I WAS gonna abandoned it and crap can it but I thought "Let's see what I can get working for all the HOURS HOURS I put in it. I did see a "Check P-Carts / Replace P-Carts" a couple times but I turned off the unit once and unplugged it once and followed prompts to align p-carts and got lucky. 2210s are CRAP as HP screwed the design and used cheap ass plastic parts that break. My #57 color cart. door was also starting to crack and I hardly ever used the color features. Next step is hit Staples for a good Canon all in one. Just make sure the p-cart. doors are light metal............my 2210 WAS A GREAT unit when I inherited it.......HP used cheap parts to design and build it or it would have been a GOOD unit.....too bad.....I THOUGHT HP was more reliable.........Don H, Westminster,CO

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Necao (1/6/12 4:36 PM) reply + / -
As many users I have the famous "remove and check cartridge"message, and nothing can be done before solving this main problem. As many users I tried tenths of times to clean them up, I read many messages in the users forums, and as many users I concluded the problem is I'm not a good cartridge buyer. It seems I have to buy a new cartridge to my HP psd 2210 printer, even if my one is almost full. The last time the problem appeared the solution was a new cartridge (tenths of dolars!)

As many users I tried to contact HP support in the web, with no success (the printer is no more in the warranty period). No way to find a communication channel (phone or e-mail) with them.

So I called the Support Service in São Paulo, still with no success: they are available to support only products in the warranty time.

I feel abandoned by HP, and I see the only solution will be buying a new printer, but I learned something: no more HP printers or any other HP products. Japanese and Korean enterprises/products work better, are cheaper, and have better support services.

Unfortunately I have to change my opinion about HP, built since 1981 when I bought an HP 41CV pocket programming calculator that still works! HP has changed since 1981...

By any chance, if someone has a tip, I thank him in advance.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Necao (1/6/12 4:41 PM) reply + / -
As many users I have the famous "remove and check cartridge"message, and nothing can be done before solving this main problem. As many users I tried tenths of times to clean them up, I read many messages in the users forums, and as many users I concluded the problem is I'm not a good cartridge buyer. It seems I have to buy a new cartridge to my HP psd 2210 printer, even if my one is almost full. The last time the problem appeared the solution was a new cartridge (tenths of dolars!)

As many users I tried to contact HP support in the web, with no success (the printer is no more in the warranty period). No way to find a communication channel (phone or e-mail) with them.

So I called the Support Service in São Paulo, still with no success: they are available to support only products in the warranty time.

I feel abandoned by HP, and I see the only solution will be buying a new printer, but I learned something: no more HP printers or any other HP products. Japanese and Korean enterprises/products work better, are cheaper, and have better support services.

Unfortunately I have to change my opinion about HP, built since 1981 when I bought an HP 41CV pocket programming calculator that still works! HP has changed since 1981...

By any chance, if someone has a tip, I thank him in advance.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Way Pisssed (1/10/12 8:44 PM) reply + / -
Just put in new cartridges, printed like maybe ten pages. Its telling me the black is out of ink. The thing is still full! I have a PSC 2210. I have been screwing around with this thing-refilling the ink- for years. HP with their stupid cartridge odometers. What a POS! I will never, ever buy another HP product. And I will tell all my friends to never buy any of their products.
So HP, you managed to squeeze a few extra bucks out of me...enjoy it-cause you are going down!!!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by tcpens (2/29/12 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Tried all these remedies and nothing has worked. Cartridge current till 2013 and makes no sense that an empty cartridge makes flashing lights disappear and allows to copy when a 3/4 full cartridge that was printing won't. Anyone have ideas?

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by Vanja (3/12/12 3:51 AM) reply + / -
Hello! Do I have such problem, dismantled a printer, collected and does not work, where is it possible to load a chart? Many thanks! If it is possible write an answer on an e-mail .

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by zack khattak (5/26/12 1:34 PM) reply + / -
Hey Guys;

I just bought just bought this printer from Sunday market for few quids and it worked fine for first 2 days. But the first error came up for aligning cartridge which I solved it by holding setup button and pressed option button. Problem fixed.....

For the 'check cartridge' error I checked so many forums and experimented few but nothing worked. So I just tried changing USB cable and it worked. Hooray.......Please let me know if it worked for you.

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by ron hat (7/22/12 9:36 AM) reply + / -
This is just a general response to all the comments made here. I have a 2210 hp printer that ran out of color ink but has NEVER been used to print color. It is junk! I also have an Epson rx580 all in one that I have used since 2007. I purchased refillable cartridges and have always refilled them for less than a dollar. It also prints DVD's. But Epson also tries to make you purchase their cartridge for a small fortune. The refillable cartidges I purchased automatically reset the printer. They work well!

Re: HP PSC 2210 'check cartridge' error by d3washburn (11/26/13 11:44 PM) reply + / -
I have three hp 2410 printers and they are all doing the same thing. They say "Remove and check color cartridge" and will not print. I have cleaned the contacts with distilled water and alcohol and even tried a new (expired) color ink cartridge, and still the same problem with all three 2410 printers.

Can anyone tell me how to fix my problem?

The 2410 printer I was using was working perfect until my video card went bad and we replaced it with a used video card. Could that be the problem? It does the same thing, even if I don't have it connected to the computer, so I don't see how the new used video card could make any difference. I have two more of these printers and have moved the ink cartridges around in them, but they are all doing the same thing.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 'check cartridge' error by d3washburn (11/26/13 11:50 PM) reply + / -
What is the options button? I don't see any such button.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters