fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP PSC 1210

Post a new message thread

HP PSC 1210 by Dave (12/6/04 2:08 AM) + / -
Hi,

I have an HP all-in-one psc 1210. After a house move it has stopped working. The carriage slams back and forth when powered up and hits the little 'hooks' near the centre of the machine. It seems like the carriage does not synchronise properly with the little 'hook's (paper feeders?)

Any advice folks?

regards

Dave

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Dave (12/6/04 2:11 AM) + / -
Also - forgot to say, a small silver spring has appeared (length approx 3cm uncompressed,1cm compressed, diameter approx 75mm. Not sure if it was part of the printer though or just floating around the house!

cheers

Dave

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Bert (12/6/04 1:34 PM) +1 + / -
Is the encoder strip hooked on both ends? It is a clear plastic strip running the length of the printer. The carriage counts tiny lines on it to determine position.

The little hooks are probably the paper pusher. Hitting them is no surprise since the carriage may have 'lost it's way'.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Dave (12/7/04 1:48 AM) +1 + / -
Thanks Bert - I'll try and investigate. Presumably I need to get the top off the printer to get at the encoder strip? There seem to be deep-set screws at each corner, although I can't quite see if they are cross-head or some sort of Allen screw ...

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Nash (12/10/04 4:10 PM) + / -
Sorry to jump in with own issue regarding the HP PSC-1210 printer. I have refilled the ink, using a refill kit. Everything seems to look fine and its printing ok, but how do I run the cartridge cleaning and alignment cycles as recommended by the refill kit?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Bert (12/10/04 5:00 PM) +1 + / -
The alignment process should start automatically when a new cartridge is installed. Apparently reinstalling the same cartridge does not trigger alignment. Generally there is an option under the Maintenance Tab in the printer Properties that allows you to do an alignment.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Dave (12/13/04 2:04 AM) + / -
Bert,

What sort of screwdriver do I need to get the cover screws out to get at the encoder strip? The screw wells are so deep I can't tell!

Dave

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Bert (12/13/04 9:29 AM) + / -
They are most likely a T10 Torx head. You can get the driver at hardware or tool specialty stores.

HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Mike Volek (12/31/04 6:22 AM) +2 + / -
I lost my disc to download my printer driver for a HP PSC 1210 All in one Printer/Scanner/Copier. The download from HP will take 16 hours to download and ties up my phoneline too long. Does anyone have a disc to lend(rent) me and I will return. I got a new computer (rebuilt) and cannot connect to my printer.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Bert (12/31/04 1:07 PM) + / -
Go to the download page and select the operating system you are using. One of the options is to order a CD.
h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: HP PSC 1210 by David (2/1/05 11:12 AM) + / -
I am having the same problem with a 1210. A plastic cap of some type appeared in the paper tray with 2 metal springs. The carriage is slamming back and forth on the rail. I went to Wal Mart to look at a New one. There are actually 2 plastic caps missing and then the 2 springs. How do I find out if my unit is still under warranty and where do i send it for repairs?

The 2 plastic caps are from the left side of the paper tray right beside in front of the paper pick up mechanism. Anyone have an idea what I can do to make repairs on my own?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/22/05 1:07 PM) + / -
I cannot get my printer to print "fit to page" size. It just prints the size of whatever I am printing. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Sandra

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/12/05 5:19 AM) + / -
I found same in paper tray. They come from two little spaces to the left of the cartridge track. Iput the springs in and refitted the blocks on top of the springs. I was suprised there didn't seem to be anything holding them in place but it seems to have worked ok.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/21/05 7:46 PM) + / -
I cleaned the thin plastic (encoder?) strip (which looks like it has optical gradations) and which is located inside the cartridge door with alcohol and tissue, and my printer works like new. Before it would print one page and the cartridge(s) would jam. The strip had inky grunge all over it, and now it's running like new.

Re: HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Anonymous (4/6/05 6:59 AM) + / -
hi i have the same problem i have lost my disc for the same pritner as well can you tell me what to go on so i can download the disc even if it takes 16 hours please

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Bert (4/6/05 5:23 PM) + / -
Go to this web page.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (4/16/05 2:58 AM) +2 + / -
Just want to say a huge thanks to Anon for their tip. My Hp1210 was both printing squint and at the end of printing a page would jam with the error message about something being jammed under the cradle. After inspecting the plastic strip the cartridges run along I noticed they were dirty so cleaned them with alcohol on a cotton bud and the things runs like a charm now!

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (5/4/05 2:02 PM) + / -
Does anyone know if an updated driver is available to get 2-sided printing? Thanks

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Denny Conway (5/4/05 2:28 PM) + / -
Anonymous w/duplexer driver question: Generally speaking, duplexing does not require a separate driver, the printer requires an actual "Duplexer Assembly" to be installed, for two-sided printing to occur. Checking the specifications of your "HP PSC 1210 All-In-One Printer", thru the HP web-site, shows that none of the "1200" series are capable of having a duplexer assembly installed...Denny Conway

HP PSC 1210 by doskey (5/8/05 6:21 AM) + / -
Hi ALL,

To all you Printer repair experts. I inherited a HP PSC 1210 printer from a family friend. She stated that it stopped printing after she had printed labels.

What actually happens is the printer heads travel side to side but will not print anything on the paper. totally clear. I changed the printer cartridges, but it did not work. There is no labels stuck in the printer, and all other functionality seems ok. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Bert (5/8/05 8:52 PM) + / -
You removed the protective tape from the cartridge print nozzles? Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. If the problem persists, test the cartridges in a compatible printer.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Juan (5/9/05 12:36 AM) + / -
I was changing rooms yesterday and moved my printer with my computer, i turned it on and WOW! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM i opened up the place to change the cartriages and i see them going crazy left and right and then i see this long strip about one foot fly out of my printer, i don't know how that happen but do you guys think its repairable or should i just buy a new one?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Juan (5/9/05 12:41 AM) + / -
oh ya i might of used a different powercord, i had so many i didn't know which one was which could that be the problem too?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Donald Pham (5/11/05 6:06 AM) + / -
I have a problem with printing label for CD/DVD. I can only printing 2-3 label and the next one will miss align to the circle of the CD/DVD label. I have to throw the label paper and put the new one in. I have wasted a lot of label paper and ink. Do you know where is the problem coming from. I am greatly appreciate and thank you for your reply.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by ssblack (7/20/05 2:02 PM) + / -
Hi, my own problem here, my PSC keeps flashing a yellow light at the "Check Print Cartridge" area, and I can't get anything to work. I've troubleshooted it, removed and replaced the cartridges, nothing works. They are a little more than half full. Please help, i love this printer but this is really irritating.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Bert (7/20/05 10:39 PM) + / -
Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by MattW (7/22/05 3:57 PM) + / -
I'm having the same problem with labels - the alignment prints perfectly with nromal paper but when I insert label paper the printing starts too far up the paper and so is well out of alignment with the labels - its getting very expensive. IS there anything I can do? I think probably not.

Matt

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Stephen (7/22/05 4:41 PM) + / -
If you print the labels on plain paper for testing purposes do they print where you want them to?

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (7/23/05 4:17 AM) + / -
Yes plain paper prints correctly and the thicker label paper prints well out of alignment. Is it just the design of the printer?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by anonymous (8/8/05 7:12 AM) + / -
I keep running into problems with my printer. If I want to print more than 3 pages, my printer has a paper jam or it grabs all the paper at one time. I have to sit there and feed the printer one page at a time and it is frustrating if I have to print out a 20 page paper. any suggestions?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by anonymous (8/9/05 8:01 AM) +1 + / -
my printers been working fine until now. whenever i try to print it says paper jam. When i look into the printer i see no paper jam. I am not able to ptint . help ?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by dougd78465 (8/10/05 7:36 PM) + / -
Where can i get a encoder strip for a hp 1210

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Stephen (8/10/05 7:40 PM) + / -
From a scrap machine that uses the same strip.

What is wrong with yours? Sometimes they can be repaired.

And no, I do not know which other machines use the same part.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Jackyl042 (8/18/05 7:46 AM) + / -
Hi,

Printer is indicating to check ink cartriges. As indicated on the HP website, I took one out and still same problem. Inserted the black one back, took color out and still the same problem...

Cleaned the head of the cartridge with alcool and still same problem... also, the cartridge holder is going to the extreme right instead of staying left like usual...

I have not changed the cartridges because I dont really fell like buying cartridges if the problem is the printer and that I have to get rid of it... and I dont know anyone who has a printer that uses the # 56 and #57 cartridges... And the cost of the cartridges (70$ CAD) is almost the same as a new all in one printer (99#CAD)...

Anyone have a suggestion... ??

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (8/18/05 3:13 PM) + / -
Jackyl042 check out this site on how to reset your cartridges http://www.misterinkjet.com/hp57reset.htm

Re: HP PSC 1210 by kristy (8/23/05 7:30 AM) + / -
Hey i have a hp 1210 and i just got a new computer and i cant find my disk to download on to my new computer do you know any where i can go to download it on to this computer? Any thing that could help me just let me know!!!

Scanning by AMiller (8/28/05 9:00 AM) +7 + / -
Hi, my all-in-one will no longer scan using the scan button. It will print documents as well as photocopy them. Does anybody know what could be wrong? Thanks!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (9/23/05 1:34 AM) + / -
My printer would not print or do anything, and when i checked under printers and faxes on my computer, it said the printer was deleting and i needed to reinstall the printer. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL IT!!! I tried to go through install wizard, but it did not have my printer type. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Anonymous (9/28/05 4:12 AM) + / -
It does not take 16hours, it is 16 megabytes. It takes 8 minutes to download the driver and software from Hp.com website. I just did it and my printer is up and running.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (9/28/05 4:20 AM) + / -
Go to HP.com and in the blue section it says software and driver download. Click on this and under product search, type in "all in one 1210 series". It will take you to the download screen. click on the first one and it will take 8 minutes. Unplug your printer and usb port during download, restart your computer and then plug in your printer. It should say new hardware found, if not just go and install printer like you did before, this time it will find your plug and play and install it, it only takes about a minute.

printing problem by Anonymous (9/29/05 9:03 AM) + / -
I keep running into problems with my printer. If I want to print more than 3 pages, my printer has a paper jam or it grabs all the paper at one time. I have to sit there and feed the printer one page at a time and it is frustrating if I have to print out a 20 page paper. any suggestions?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by kezz (10/4/05 5:52 AM) + / -
I have a HP PSC 1210 I downloaded and installed the latest drivers it worked for a month then the scan function dropped out. I reloaded the drivers and it worked for another month then dropped out. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by daintydiamonds (10/17/05 2:27 AM) + / -
Hi there, I have a Hp psc 1210 printer and was wondering whether I need to use a tri-colour inkjet cartridge in addition to a black one in order to bring the latter colour out? Many thanks, Amy.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by viji (10/18/05 12:28 AM) + / -
i have lost disk for my hp psc 1210... no idea how to install it.... please help...

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by B, Eagle (10/25/05 7:43 AM) +2 + / -
I am having this same problem....I just purchased new ink cartridges. The printer prints the test page and alignment, but won't print a page I tell it to. What could be the problem?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Julieanne (10/31/05 9:19 PM) + / -
My HP PSC 1210 is printing and copying but not scanning. Does anyone know what is wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Anonymous (11/9/05 4:13 PM) + / -
it dose take forever 2 download i was waiting 5 hrs and gave up!!!!!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Laura Haberer (11/17/05 3:29 PM) + / -
I can't get my printer to print out. It goes through the motions and all but nothing comes out printed on the sheet. Has been working fine up till now, any ideas?

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Anonymous (11/18/05 3:54 PM) + / -
My printer has stop working..Need Help I have lost my disc to install software and driver..

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Brandy (11/23/05 9:29 AM) +1 + / -
Hi,

I had to reformat my computer and once I did this, my printer would not reinstall. I followed all the instructions on my paper that came with my printer...and once it got to the point that it said "set up printer now" ...i connected the usb cable and plugged it in and followe dall the instrustions carefully....but a print page would not print...and the green check mark would not show up on the screen i must have waited ahlf our for this to happen...and it wouldn't. So, I unistalled and reinstalled the cd three times...and never achanged. I tried to do it "without hooking up the usb cable" but that did not work either...and when i try to print it says no printer detected. So, I tried to add printer in control panel...and i've tried a couple different ones (since HP PSC 1210 isn't there)...and non of them work.
PLEASE HELP!
Thanx

Re: HP PSC 1210 by frodriguez28 (11/24/05 10:29 AM) +2 + / -
I need someone to help me out with my HP PSC 1210. Well, I have had this printer for about a year and only used it rarely. Well the other day I was using it to scan and then suddenly the computer stopped recognizing it and now that I connected it it says Power Surge on USB Port and the computer will not recognize it at all. I have tried everything from ignorning USB messages to connecting it to the wall jack and nothing. And to top it all off now the USB connecter on the printer has fallen through the printer. I do not know how to open the printer, I have tried unscrewing the screws with a regular screwdriver and the screws don't budge. Can someone help me with these to problems? Thanks

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (12/7/05 8:11 PM) +1 + / -
installing hp printer to new computer and lost disc to install is there anyway i can install it by having no hp printer disc?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by hpwizard (12/8/05 6:05 AM) + / -
http://fixyourownprinter.com/contactus

Re: HP PSC 1210 by who (12/18/05 10:03 PM) + / -
my god the printer sux. everyones having problems. life sux too. maybe we should all kill each other

Re: HP PSC 1210 by ocean (12/23/05 1:47 AM) + / -
lost my cd for drivers and i can not print. looking for the drivers

Re: HP PSC 1210 by hpwizard (12/23/05 2:17 AM) + / -
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/contactus

Re: Scanning by al99 (12/24/05 9:39 PM) + / -
having the same problem. clicking scan picture or scan document from HP director gives me: 'an error ocurred communicating with the scanning device' eventhough printing and copying from HP director work fine.

clicking scan from 'HP photo and image gallery' gives me a select menu which is an empty box and the select button on the box is disables so I can't go any further.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
al

Re: HP PSC 1210 by pupgrandma2 (12/31/05 5:45 PM) + / -
I have the HP PSC 1200, today when I tried to print some pix, there was no power to the printer.
We tried all the buttons on the printer, in case it was accidentally turned off, and of course, chased back all the wiring, and everything is plugged in as it should be. I just used it a week ago, no problems. Any other suggestions?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by james-online (1/13/06 9:35 PM) + / -
Guys can you help regarding the error that appears on my computer when i opened my printer. The error says that "the printer cartridge carriage is stalled." And same with others the carriage slams back and forth and stops into the right corner in front of me.. Somebody help!!!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by theprinterman (1/14/06 11:08 AM) + / -
You have the encoder strip dislodged or missing.
The printer cannot tell where it is at in relation to right or left so it slams back and forth.
The encoder strip is a clear strip with graduated markings on it.
The 1210 opens very easy.
You need a #10 Torx screwdriver. There are 4 screws at each of the 4 corners. Remove these screws and open the carriage access door and then lift the upper section away. Make note of any wires, or ribbon cables.
The encoder strip runs into the back of the carriage assembly through a reader on the back of the assembly itself. It is held on each side of the printer by a hanger. One side is spring type metal to give the strip some give sideways. I believe the reader on the back of the assembly is a upside down U-shape and the strip must be reset in the reader.

Good luck.

Bill

Re: HP PSC 1210 by nedoldham (1/17/06 7:50 AM) + / -
my psc 1210 is giving me a message that my ink cartridges are the incorrect model; but they are actually correct and full 56 and 57. If I snap the cartridges out and snap them back in, they will print a page or two, then give me the same message. How can I stop this problem?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by cwest (1/19/06 12:55 PM) + / -
Hi,
I also lost my CD for my psc 1210 and have tried to download drivers from the Hp site - each time the down load works up to a point then the installation fails. I have XP Sp 2 installed (I had installed the drivers successfully with XP service pack 1). I really don't know what to do and am fairly incompetent when it comes to computers - can anyone help ?
Much appreciated.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by jtong (1/24/06 9:36 AM) + / -
Hi,

I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, but the life of me I cannot figure out how to select to print just black and white.

If i take out the colour cartridge, the printer will not print. Can someone help me?!

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by scotttttttty (1/24/06 3:12 PM) + / -
If your printing jtong, goto printing prefrences.. goto color, and select black and white.. (should be a page setup, etc... )
if you cannot find it, goto start-settings-control panel-printers.. and under printing prefrences there should be a tab on the top "color"...

:)

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (1/24/06 3:29 PM) + / -
Hey Scottty,

Thanks for your response but I've tried going to printing preferences and properties and for some reason there is no link to select for black and white!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by healeyc (1/26/06 9:12 PM) +3 + / -
Hey, same problem some other people have been having. My HP 1210 all-in-one is giving me trouble. The LED that represents the number of copies is reading "E" and the "check print cartridges" light keeps flashing an orange color. I removed both the color and b&w cartridges and cleaned the terminals with a qtip. Then tried putting the color one in ONLY. No change whatsoever.

So, I then took that out and tried the B&W ONLY. Printed a paper... no problem. The orange flashing light by the "check printer cartridges" remained blinking while the "E" was replaced with the number "1". I kept trying the color cartridge and i'm getting nothing from it. I would assume the cartridge is at fault, but it was working just fine and was a good 2/3 full last time i used it. Before I returned on college break.

Before going out of my way to get ripped off on another print cartridge, any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Any and all help is appreciated,

Chad

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (1/27/06 7:30 PM) +2 + / -
My psc 1210 is messing up as well. when you try to print anything it comes up with a system error message, so i uninstalled the printer, then reinsatted it, but it still doesnt want to work ive tried everything, but it still wont work. any ideas? thanks

Re: HP PSC 1210 by munish (1/28/06 12:38 AM) + / -
I have lost my driver cd

Re: HP PSC 1210 by hpstinks (1/29/06 9:25 PM) + / -
I shall NEVER buy another HP product. I've thrown out two HP computers in my time, even after factory reparirs. The printers are garbage. They use flimsy plastic parts and break easily. ALL HP software is a huge memory hog, a massive bundle of bells, whistles and other junk most people have little use for. With reference to the 1210 printer why can't HP allow a custom installation? a slimmed down version that provides just the basic printer and scanner functions. But, no. The disk is 166 MB. Mostly useless stuff. Software takes over the computer the way Micosoft's Internet Explorer browser does.

HP, never again!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by abliz685 (1/30/06 7:34 PM) + / -
My HP 1210v recently decided to adorn any photos I attempt to print with 6 thin diagonal lines (2 red, 2 green, 2 blue) down the length of the paper at about 1.5" from the left edge of the paper i.e. this is a huge pain when printing a 4x6 picture because it pretty much splits it into thirds.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or more importantly, does anyone know who to FIX this problem? No amount of calibrating or cleaning the ink cartridges through the printer toolbox helps. Cleaning the contacts didn't help whatsoever the first, second, or third time I tried it.

HP tried to talk me into "upgrading" my defective printer for a REFURB model that cost more than this did in the first place.

Please help before I say something to HP that I might regret.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (1/30/06 7:50 PM) + / -
RE:My psc 1210 is messing up as well. when you try to print anything it comes up with a system error message, so ...

I had the same problem in XP SP2. Re-installing the HP printer driver didn't fix it. For me, the problem was in the DEP (Data Execution Prevention). Try this:
Go to CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / ADVANCED tab / PERFORMANCE settings / DEP ...

change it to... Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by abliz685 (1/30/06 9:20 PM) +1 + / -
Unfortunately, it was already set as you recommended. Turning it off and back on did no good.

I think it actually might be an internal problem. Hell if I know what happened, though. It's not like I have a habit of meddling around in it or throwing it around (although the temptation to do so if often dangerous.) At this point, if I thought taking it apart and messing with it would do any good, I would probably give it a shot. Next step is to throw it off my balcony anyway...

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Anonymous (2/1/06 8:25 AM) + / -
Please i have a problem with this printer's driver and I would like you to help me so that I will be able to download it through my computer.
Thank you
Best regards
Sulaiman S kamara

Re: HP PSC 750 by anita87 (2/2/06 2:42 AM) + / -
Hi
My Hp PSC 750 is playing up. It keeps telling me that I have a paper jam when there is absolutly no paper in it, I have tried to clean what parts I know I won't stuff up, but it still keeps doing it. This has been happening for 4 days now.
I have also been having problems with the colored ink catridge. I have tried 3 new ones, and they don't print any color, only black from the black cartridge.
HELP!! Everything was working fine until I put in a new colored ink cartridge.
Anita

Re: HP PSC 750 by anita87 (2/2/06 2:49 AM) + / -
Hi
My Hp PSC 750 is playing up. It keeps telling me that I have a paper jam when there is absolutly no paper in it, I have tried to clean what parts I know I won't stuff up, but it still keeps doing it. This has been happening for 4 days now.
I have also been having problems with the colored ink catridge. I have tried 3 new ones, and they don't print any color, only black from the black cartridge.
HELP!! Everything was working fine until I put in a new colored ink cartridge.
Anita

Re: Re: HP PSC 750 by Anonymous (2/2/06 5:35 AM) + / -
You might have gotten something on the contacts when you were installing the new cartridge. Try taking it out and cleaning them with a lint-free cloth (or a coffee filter) and bottled water (tap water can ruin it because it has unfiltered junk in it). Wet the filter a little and gently wipe off the contacts where the cartridge connects to the carriage inside the printer and on the cartridge itself.

That fixed about one of my problems. Good luck.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Crazy Joe (2/2/06 4:59 PM) + / -
Hey folks, it's nice to have a site like this to help us with the needed info when the technology gremlins invade the machine.

I will concur with one previous poster who bemoaned the HP 1210's bloated Installer not offering any option to Custom Install it's components. That's just plain BAD etiquitte, and really, bad business.

On my Macintosh, it only installs about 20,000 items for around 183MB.

Don't know what that other dude was saying about it was only a 16 MB file.

I bought the HP 1210 in Novemeber of 2004 and used it for about two months. When my system started getting more than a little buggy, I unhooked the HP1210 and ran the uninstaller (Thank GOD they included THAT), uninstalling all of the bloated software.

Once my system stabilized I dreaded reinstalling all of those thousands of files, and couldn't stand the notion of them operating all over my system in undisclosed locations, and so I went for the last year without the printer.

Well, I need it for a project just now, and dread it or not, I hooked the dang thing up again and reinstalled all those 20,000 files, now it will not print in black. I've ran the HP Print Utility and the cleaning cycle three times to no avail. Oh yeah it also installs three icons to the desktop, why I don't know.

The Black ink cartridge reads as being 78% full. So I'll need to try some of these tips.

To those folks who have 'lost' their install disks.( I'll bet you're the types who lose their car keys too, but never take the time to go to the hardware store to get any extra keys made.)

Yeah I know .... shit happens, I didn't get my rebate for the printer in the mail BECAUSE I MISPLACED IT.

A printer without a driver is just a fancy piece of plastic. When HP doestn't allow downloading the individual and (probably simple) components, at least for the print function, but requires you to download the full install .... well, this is one disk you really should have taken better care.

Your only options at this point, are to order another disk from HP, get someone with a high bandwith internet connection to get the download and burn a copy for you, or complain to HP that they REALLY SHOULD supply the printer drivers as seperate downloads. Good luck with THAT.

If those options don't suit, perhaps you might find another use for the fancy piece of plastic sitting near your computer ... plant stand, step stool, drink caddy .... or how about as a printer stand, you know, as the ideal place to put your newly purchased replacement printer.

Hey it's got a convient place to hold any extra paper. HA.

Hey, I know that's not being very nice, sorry about that. I'm having problems with my printer just now, feelling pretty surly and just plain in the mood to be mean. Displaced aggression and all.

CJ

Re: HP PSC 750 by anita87 (2/3/06 2:01 AM) + / -
Hi thanks for that, but what about the printer saying there is a paper jam when there isn't? What should I do there??

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/3/06 4:18 AM) + / -
Hi Jackyl024 - I have exactly the same problem! Did you manage to fix using the reset cartridge instructions? The error message I get says "Color cartridge incorrectly installed", even when it is OK - now they stay to the right even when I try to access the cartridges...

HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/4/06 12:30 PM) + / -
My 1210 suddenly stopped working. It won't even power up anymore. Is there a fuse on the printer?? That is the only thing I can think of to get it working.

Re: HP Photosmart 2610v...Help by marcey (2/4/06 7:17 PM) + / -
This is an all in one printer,fax,scanner and copier
It is telling me there is a carriage jam to open the door
and clear the jam i don't know what a carriage is but i guess it would be the thing you put the cartriges in. Can someone tell me how to fix it don't looked to be jamed and it is acting like it can't move or something it is wierd

Re: HP PSC 1210 by saramara (edited 2/8/06 3:21 PM) + / -
My hp 1210 can print and copy but can't scan!

I had downloaded the driver and installed it and reinstalled it to get it working, but it keeps saying that there is an error communicating with the device and to make sure that it's properly plugged in (which it is, but just not recognizing it).

Can anybody help me with this problem?? Thanks a million!! I'm sure this problem is buggin' the heck out of alot of users here too!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/8/06 3:43 PM) + / -
Hi
I have a HP psc 1210 and it didn't come with the disk, I have tried to download the drivers from the HP website but it doesn't seem to work, can you help?

Re: HP PSC 1200 all in one by vswright (2/9/06 3:54 PM) + / -
I got the printer copier and scanner all in one but i do not have a disc to download it in my computer and i was wondering if there is another way to download it to my computer so that i can use it Please i am going crazy

Re: Re: HP PSC 1200 all in one by saramara (2/9/06 6:21 PM) + / -
download from here: http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/hp-psc.html

Then just install it afterwards,and you should be able to use your printer.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/9/06 6:24 PM) + / -
My roommate had the same problem with the same printer. Completely uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it fixed it in one shot.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/9/06 6:26 PM) + / -
Your power cord might have died. Oddly enough, I've seen it happen. I would see if you have a compatible cord you could test it out with before you buy a new one in case it really is the printer.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/10/06 6:54 PM) + / -
I've tried another power cord, but still no power. I'm going to take it apart and see what happens.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/11/06 8:51 AM) + / -
Hello,

You can print just black and white
Goto to the properties of the printer
Goto to Color Management
Select Manual

Do not add a color profile. The printer will have to print black and white if no profile is selected.

God Bless

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/13/06 11:35 AM) + / -
I have been having the exact same problem... have you been able to solve the issue since then? If so, could you please let me know how you solved it? thanks

Re: HP PSC 1210 by aleksey15619 (2/14/06 5:42 AM) + / -
Hi all!
I'm Russian so my English mey be not correct - sorry in advance.
I have this device and lost the CD((
My modem is Dial-up, so if I try to download the drivers WITH softwar it will take around xxxxxx hours(((.
So please advice if I can download ONLY drives WITHOUT any software.
The official site of HP has not the driver without the software.

Thank you.
Aleksey.

Re:Paper Jam by Anonymous (2/14/06 2:07 PM) + / -
I have an envelope stuck in the rollers and nothing I do will remove it

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/16/06 10:09 AM) + / -
For those people that need a driver try http://www.driverguide.com/

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Dojo (2/17/06 6:04 PM) +2 + / -
The PSC 2110 I have, has a jam problem within the scanner-area.
The black thing that moves and shines the bright light while scanning, tries to go further aside then possible when turning on the printer. Therefore it makes a grinding sound against the scanner's internal wall.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by anonymous (2/19/06 12:36 AM) + / -
For those who can't get the scanner to work in Windows 2K-XP, go to Device Manager, find the scanner, right-click on it and click on uninstall, and then reboot your pc. It should find it again and reinstall automatically.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by crr (2/19/06 4:49 PM) + / -
It seems that the print cartridge carriage is stuck on my printer. When I try to reset the printer, it just whirs. If I open the door to look at the print carriage - it just stays stuck on the right of the printer. How can I get it to move again?

I recently changed my print cartridge. The printer successfully printed its test sheet then printed a word document from the queue.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by crr (2/19/06 4:51 PM) + / -
The second paragraph of my post should read ...

I recently changed my print cartridge. The printer successfully printed its test sheet then printed a word document from the queue. Then it just stopped and won't do anything.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by cry_for_help (2/19/06 11:09 PM) + / -
Here's a tip. If the thing won't scan, turn the power to the printer off and back on again. No need to do anything to the computer. Fixes it on mine everytime.

HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (2/22/06 10:54 AM) + / -
I recently purchased a print server.

I have the cd and downloaded driver.

I have to install it trough windows XP.

I cant find the .inf file.

Thanks

Re: HP PSC 1210 by kmodek (2/28/06 11:09 AM) + / -
My printer was working fine until I moved it to a different room. Now it won't power on at all in any outlet I try. I've tried re-installing the driver, but nothing helps. WHY would it do this???
What can I do?
Thanks!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Ricksnake (3/2/06 8:20 AM) + / -
hey guys,

i have a BIG problem. If I wanna copy some documents, it first start to scan the document and then it copys it. But then it copys double. I see that it is the document, but it copys it 2 times on the same page.
How can i repair this IRRITATING @#$%^&*??

Thx Rick

Re: HP PSC 1210 by gemgem (3/5/06 10:20 PM) + / -
hey guys i just got given a hp psc 1210 all in one but didnt get the installtion cd, i was told there is a web site you can download it from but i dont know what the address is, any ideas? thanks
gemma

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/5/06 11:13 PM) + / -
hey guys,

i have a BIG problem. If I wanna copy some documents, it first start to scan the document and then it copys it. But then it copys double. I see that it is the document, but it copys it 2 times on the same page.

Thx Rick

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/7/06 11:55 AM) + / -
I have the same problem. I have cleaned the guide bar and made sure it moves freely. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix or if it can be fixed.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/9/06 7:13 PM) + / -
I have the same problem, except mine never prints now. Any ideas? Piece of S...? Get a new printer?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/10/06 1:02 AM) + / -
hello
i want hp psc 1210 all-in-one installation software
please help me
thankyou

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/10/06 7:43 AM) + / -
Can you please send me a copy of my installer hp psc 1210

Thank's

Re: HP PSC 1210 by theprinterman (3/10/06 7:49 AM) + / -
http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (3/11/06 1:07 PM) + / -
hey guys,

Thx

Re: HP PSC 1210 by jovanderlee (3/15/06 12:02 PM) + / -
I obtained a used psc1210 here at the college surplus sale. It turned on but would not do anything. The buttons were covered with dried tomato sauce ( college students and pizza haha), so I disassembled the printer - Torx T10 screwdriver - and cleaned the button pads. Then it worked fine! Aparently some had been jammed stuck.

Yet a few days later when I turned it on it just went thru its blinky routine and apparently never finishes that. It stops with just a few lights lit and will not respond to anything. I checked for loose cables internally and any further "crud" but nothing. Any ideas? Is the control board available from HP? if that went south?

Thanks

Re: HP PSC 1210 DRIVERS by Simplyincar (3/21/06 2:29 PM) + / -
WHY DO PEOPLE NOT TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE FORUM THEY ARE SO KEEN TO POST IN!?!?!?

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE KEEP ASKING WHERE THEY CAN DOWNLOAD DRIVERS? YOU SPOIL THE PAGE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR REAL HELP!

THE FIRST PLACE TO SEARCH FOR DRIVERS IS .......DRUM ROLL......... THE MANUFACTURERS WEBSITE FOR SOME REASON???? ITS RIGHT THERE ON 99% OF SITES UNDER PRODUCT SUPPORT!

PLEASE JUST LET EVERYONE ELSE GET REAL HELP! IF YOU READ IT THEN YOU MIGHT EVEN BEEN ABLE TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE, IT'S ALL TAKE AND NO GIVE NOWADAYS!

BY THE WAY, IF YOUR FED UP WITH THE WAY BIG COMPANYS TREAT YOU THEN HELP MY NEW FORUM BY ADDDING YOUR THOUGHTS AT http://simplyincar.proboards99.com/ APPRECIATED!

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Anonymous (3/22/06 1:56 PM) + / -
I started my down load an hour ago and I am only at 3 percent on the download. I have 580 minuets left it says. I have dial up
I was given a hp psc 1210v from a friend. there is no installation disc. and this type of printer is not in my printer set up wizard

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 Printer Driver by Anonymous (3/22/06 1:58 PM) + / -
I started my down load an hour ago and I am only at 3 percent on the download. I have 580 minuets left it says. I have dial up
I was given a hp psc 1210v from a friend. there is no installation disc. and this type of printer is not in my printer set up wizard

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Toobigtofly (3/29/06 8:06 AM) + / -
I am having the exact same problem. Have you resolved it yet?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by ElCaito (4/2/06 4:42 AM) + / -
I got the PSC1210 off freecycles, and I am having no problems what so ever. I love this printer. It does everything I need. It even turns itself into a voluptous size 12 woman with 40DD breasts and long black hair, with red lipstick and a nice lacy outfit! What more can a man want? LMAO
Thank you HP!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by GOING CRAZY! (4/2/06 12:10 PM) + / -

HELP ME!THIS CONCERNS W/ MY HP PSC 2110!!!!

I DEMOUNTED MY CARTRIDGE HOLDER TO REMOVE THE CARTRIDGE COVERS,THEN REINSTALLED IT BACK ON LEAVING THE CARTRIDGE COVERS OFF,THEN I NOTICE I LEFT OUT A LITTLE PLASTIC BLACK SQUARISH LOOKING PIECE,I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT BELONGS DO I NEED IT?THE WHOLE REASON I NEEDED THE COVERS OFF WAS B/C I BOUGHT A CONTINOUS INK SYSTEM & THE TUBES NEED TO HAVE ROOM AT THE TOP TO ALLOW THE INK TO FLOW.WELL MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS I'VE FOLLOWED ALL THE DIRECTIONS CORRECTLY,ONLY MY PSC 2110 KEEPS SAYING "REMOVE AND CHECK BLACK CARTRIDGE",SO I DO THAT THEN THE SAME THING HAPPENS ONLY NOW IT SAYS TO DO THE COLOR CARTRIDGE?THIS GOES ON REPEATETLY.I'VE EMAILED THE SELLER FROM EBAY OF THIS THEY TELL ME THE CARTRIDGES ARE NEW & TO JUST KEEP PUSHING THE CERTAIN CARTRIDGE THAT THE PRINTER SAYS TO.THE CARTRIDGES ARE #57 & #58. ANYONE TO PLEASE HELP ME,I'VE BEEN AT IT FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT!!!ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRIETIATED,THANX......!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Amy B (4/2/06 2:07 PM) + / -
I have a document stuck in the print queue. I canceled the printing of the document but it's still there in "deleting" status. I powered the print off/on, I unplugged the USB port from the tower, etc. Nothing is helping. Can you help???

Re: HP PSC 2110-SAYS REMOVE & CHECK BLACK CARTRIDG by DRIVE ME INSANE (4/3/06 6:00 AM) + / -
HELP ME!THIS CONCERNS W/ MY HP PSC 2110!!!!

I DEMOUNTED MY CARTRIDGE HOLDER TO REMOVE THE CARTRIDGE COVERS,THEN REINSTALLED IT BACK ON LEAVING THE CARTRIDGE COVERS OFF,THEN I NOTICE I LEFT OUT A LITTLE PLASTIC BLACK SQUARISH LOOKING PIECE,I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT BELONGS DO I NEED IT?THE WHOLE REASON I NEEDED THE COVERS OFF WAS B/C I BOUGHT A CONTINOUS INK SYSTEM & THE TUBES NEED TO HAVE ROOM AT THE TOP TO ALLOW THE INK TO FLOW.WELL MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS I'VE FOLLOWED ALL THE DIRECTIONS CORRECTLY,ONLY MY PSC 2110 KEEPS SAYING "REMOVE AND CHECK BLACK CARTRIDGE",SO I DO THAT THEN THE SAME THING HAPPENS ONLY NOW IT SAYS TO DO THE COLOR CARTRIDGE?THIS GOES ON REPEATETLY.I'VE EMAILED THE SELLER FROM EBAY OF THIS THEY TELL ME THE CARTRIDGES ARE NEW & TO JUST KEEP PUSHING THE CERTAIN CARTRIDGE THAT THE PRINTER SAYS TO.THE CARTRIDGES ARE #57 & #58. ANYONE TO PLEASE HELP ME,I'VE BEEN AT IT FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT!!!ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRIETIATED,THANX......!

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Remo (4/7/06 1:51 PM) + / -
I have a hp psc 1100 & 1200 series hp officejet 4100 sereis all-in-one printer which was purchased approx. 2 years ago, can someone tell me or suggest to me how can I get an updated driver for my printer. Thank You.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (4/8/06 8:48 AM) + / -
Re: HP PSC 1210 by Remo (4/7/06 1:51 PM) reply + / -
I have a hp psc 1100 & 1200 series hp officejet 4100 sereis all-in-one printer which was purchased approx. 2 years ago, can someone tell me or suggest to me how can I get an updated driver for my printer. Thank You.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by SPARXXX (4/13/06 7:53 PM) + / -
I 4 sum odd reason have misplaced my program c.d for the scanning wizard for the hp psc 1210.is it possible 2 download it off the net? where?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Jack Rovere (4/17/06 8:01 AM) + / -
XP home is installed and I have 624 of ram

All works ok until recently when it seems to take forever for printing to start. Copy feature doesnt have any delay.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by nanderson (4/20/06 4:21 PM) + / -
My printer prints color fine when printing something off of the net. However, when I try to print a photo everything appears pale red. Same thing when I try to copy a color photo. Any suggestions?

Re: HP PSC 1200 by MLA (5/11/06 5:37 AM) + / -
I have had this printer for over a year now and it has been excellent. Then this morning when I went to print a document and it came up with a system error and would not print. I rebooted the computer as suggested and the same thing came up. I refilled the cartridges two weeks ago and have not had any problem until now. Any suggestions?

Re: HP PSC 1200 series by MLA (5/11/06 5:39 AM) + / -
I have had this printer for over a year now and it has been excellent. Then this morning when I went to print a document and it came up with a system error and would not print. I rebooted the computer as suggested and the same thing came up. I refilled the cartridges two weeks ago and have not had any problem until now. Any suggestions?

Re: Re: HP PSC 1200 series by Harry K (5/31/06 11:11 AM) + / -
I have read at another site that the cartriges are time stamped. The priter reads that date and causes to fail if the cartrige is out dated. This happened to some ppl even though they just bought the cartriges and never refilled them. Only sure way to cure that problem is buy new cartige, look for expiry date on box (Hopefully there is one?) and or turn your computer clock back a few months.
Last resort get rid of it as others have and get a different printer whithout time restrictions. Do a google search like I did
good luck.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by joe james (6/5/06 2:31 AM) + / -
just moved house plugged in and of course printer will not work aaaarrrggghhh!
on light steady. red light flashing.paper size and type lights steady. have tried reset nothing happens(according to HP site instructions). have printer failure icon on toolbar at bottom of screen. have checked drivers and software via diagnostic check from HP site and all is ok. Any ideas before i go insane....
regards joe

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Ray Iskand (6/27/06 11:14 PM) + / -
a spring fell inside printer. when I opened the printer, by removing four hex screws at each corner two black pieces with a hole in the middle, spring loaded on the left side came off, one labeled with 40 the other 144, they could be printer heads one for black the other for color. Does anyone knows which is which?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by anonymous (7/1/06 3:59 AM) + / -
allways check this first: When i bought my all in 1 printer, the cart-riches where changed, so color was in black and otherwise! check this first, its a thing that causes a lot of problems!

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (7/7/06 8:51 PM) + / -
TRY RESTARTING YOUR COMPUTER. I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ALL THE TIME, AND ONCE I RESTART THE COMPUTER, IT IS AOK. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by roxdude (7/12/06 1:41 AM) + / -
hello I have a problem with my HP PSC 1210. had the printer for several years and have had no problems. but now when I try to print in HIGH quality it gets the print about half way done and the computer RE-BOOTS/RESTARTS. I have feeling that the problems lies with the page file. This happens Every time I put this setting and I am sucessful at the normal setting

I have compaq 1.3GZ
WinXP home SP2

anyone else have this problem?? or know how to fix it???

Re: Re: HP PSC 1200 all in one by Anonymous (7/12/06 8:48 PM) + / -
hi i have the same problem and i was wondering if you ever found it

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (7/18/06 3:57 PM) + / -
I do not have an installation cd,what do I do to install my printer in my laptop .Regards.

here is some HP PSC 1210 scanner help by Anonymous (7/20/06 1:02 AM) +1 + / -
After installing the device, all functioned correctly except for the scanner. When I used the HP provided 'HP Director' program and clicked on 'Scan Picture' or 'Scan Document', I'd get an error message:

An unexpected internal error has occurred. Click OK to close the program, and then try one of the following:

-Restart the program.

-Restart the PC and then try again.

-Reinstall the HP Photo & Imaging Software and try again.

So I spent the next two hours doing all the above, but nothing worked. Finally, I abandoned using the 'HP Director' for scanning. Instead, I went to the 'Control Panel' folder and clicked on the 'Scanners and Cameras' icon. I double clicked on the 'hp psc 1200 series' icon. The scanners and camera wizard was prompted. I then clicked 'Next' and pressed 'preview' on the next window. It worked perfectly.

Ultimately, I blame the problem on the 'HP Director' software.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by freakindawgen (7/23/06 7:49 PM) + / -
doin the download with a kick butt computor and high speed cable dsl,been waiting for an hr and only 65% man whats with this?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Novako (7/25/06 8:34 PM) + / -
Everything was working fine. I made changes on a document and hit PRINT, it starts and then an exclamation point bomb (!) appears and the print job stops. I've tried all the simple fixes. What does this mean and how do I fix it? Thanks, Noah

Re: HP PSC 1210 by John0877 (7/26/06 12:21 PM) + / -
i know its not related to the 1210 but rather the 750 but my problem is i cant get it to recognize the alignment page in the scanner. it tells me its printing the alignment page and then to put it on the scanner so i do then it says its not recognized and now wont go away and keeps telling me to align catridges

Re: printing problem by Jake8 (7/27/06 12:49 AM) + / -
Hi,
The problem is caused by the paper being too loose on the feeder tray.
Place the paper in the feeder tray and slide the paper size adjuster across until the paper is just firm. You may have to hold the paper to test to see if the paper is going to feed one page at a time or not. Its quite a pain and I don't know why HP has such an unreliable system.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by xotter@hotmail.com (7/30/06 12:40 PM) + / -
I've had a couple of things go bad for me upon cleaning my 1210. The white strip came off the left side on top, and I don't know from where, if it is just a ground, or 'hot' connection. Plus the smaller white strip from the top came off. Is it just a 'ground'? Please someone tell me where they go !!! LOL Also what should I use to 'reconnect' both of these? Thanks!!! L~

H P PSC 750 by James O Evans Sr (7/31/06 2:09 PM) + / -
Hi I had to restore my computer and I lost the C D for installing my printer.
Is there a way I can get the driver information to install it

help by newton (8/3/06 5:00 AM) + / -
How do i print B&W web page with my hp psc 1210 all in one???

Re: HP PSC 1210 by lewis24 (8/12/06 8:19 AM) + / -
My HP PSC 1210 everything works but the scaner i dosent even scan the pic somebody help plz.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (8/15/06 10:16 AM) + / -
Hi, I'm from Bulgaria. I have the same problem - My HP1210 give E and "check cartridge" and orange light. Sometimes it works! Sometimes don't! If the problem is mechanical, or software, or electrical contacts??? Can I open it and clear somethihg? I try to clear contacts on cartidge and others on carriage, but no results:(

Software reset: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (8/27/06 9:46 AM) + / -
This is how to reset your HP PSC 1210:

* Set your computer system date to a date before the expiry of the ink cartridges.

* Start the following program:
C:\Programs\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hposvc08.exe

* Use the password "Homer"

* Choose the reset directory

* Hit the total reset button

* Follow the instructions ...

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (9/2/06 8:39 PM) + / -
hi i have a hp psc 1210 and as i moved to a new home i have lost the installation disk and had recently brought a new computer how do i reinstall my all in one printer if some one knows the answer please help me out it would mean alot

Re: HP PSC 1210 by ERM (9/14/06 9:24 PM) + / -
Hi

I have a HP1210 all in one and I recently moved. Since I have set up the computer with my printer the scanner will not work. I can print but I cannot scan by hitting the scan button on the printer or through prompting it on the compter. When I try to scan by the HP program on my computer, I get a message saying "An error has occured with the sanning device. Please ensure that it is connected and try again." Any help would be much appreciated. I do not know much about computers.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (9/17/06 7:45 PM) + / -
Had the same problem...I was pushing the paper in until it hit a stop. Pull it back about 1/4 inch and it should take them one at a time

Re: HP PSC 1210 by tp (9/26/06 11:12 AM) + / -
I've read the entire forum and found no one with my problem so far, which actually surprised me.

Basically, like my friend said, my 1210 might as well have a "shake before use" label on it. When scanning (with Photoshop), the entire scan would appear green, with no image whatsoever. If I then print the scanned image, no surprise, the entire thing comes out black (and wastes a lot of ink). Same happens when I try to copy.

However, *sometimes* it starts working after I bang it up a bit, shake it around, etc. So it seems like something may have a lose connection in there. I kindda don't want to open it without knowing what exactly might be lose of if that is in fact the problem. (Because I am not particularly confident that I can put it back in one piece.)

Anyone has had this prob? What might be wrong? Thanks.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by tp (9/26/06 11:33 AM) + / -
I've read the entire forum and found no one with my problem so far, which actually surprised me.

Basically, like my friend said, my 1210 might as well have a "shake before use" label on it. When scanning (with Photoshop), the entire scan would appear green, with no image whatsoever. If I then print the scanned image, no surprise, the entire thing comes out black (and wastes a lot of ink). Same happens when I try to copy.

However, *sometimes* it starts working after I bang it up a bit, shake it around, etc. So it seems like something may have a lose connection in there. I kindda don't want to open it without knowing what exactly might be lose of if that is in fact the problem. (Because I am not particularly confident that I can put it back in one piece.)

Anyone has had this prob? What might be wrong? Thanks.

Re: here is some HP PSC 1210 scanner help by Anonymous (10/5/06 7:20 AM) + / -
Anonymous writes: I went to the 'Control Panel' folder and clicked on the 'Scanners and Cameras' icon. I double clicked on the 'hp psc 1200 series' icon. The scanners and camera wizard was prompted. I then clicked 'Next' and pressed 'preview' on the next window. It worked perfectly.

THANKS!!!!!

(Obviously it worked for me.)

Re: HP PSC 1210 by cfd01 (10/12/06 8:29 AM) + / -
My problem is the color portion of a copy or printout is fine but the text (in black) looks as if the heads are cloged. I ran a test page and that was fine, ran a head cleaning and it printed perfectly, tried to print an e-mail (has colors and text) same problem. same thing with the copier copies very light and with lines through it. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (10/21/06 4:30 AM) + / -
hi
surya here

i have lost the cd of hp 1200
so can u please tell me from where to download

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Stephen (10/21/06 5:25 AM) + / -
http://h10061.www1.hp.com

Re: Scanning by Anonymous (10/24/06 9:30 AM) + / -
I had the same problem. Turns out, the problem wasn't with my printer. I uninstalled IE7, and reinstalled IE6. It works fine, again. You might want to try that.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by liamcooney (10/30/06 3:24 PM) + / -
HP1210 is completely dead. On power up all LEDs flash simultaniously except for E beside "Copies". Nothing I can do will clear this. hposvc08.exe I/O comms test fails.

Any Ideas?

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Stephen (10/30/06 5:20 PM) + / -
Disconnect the power overnight.

If it still fails the next day it's time for a new printer.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by condor264 (11/2/06 7:46 AM) +1 + / -
My wife cleared a paper jam by pulling paper bsckwards out of the machine without turning off power. It will not print now. I have tried resetting but nothing works. Suggestions?

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (11/10/06 12:06 PM) + / -
My brand new PC with pucker XP and all the updates had this default DEP setting, which explains the preparing to install pop ups every time you boot up. I hate printer problems.

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (11/12/06 1:02 PM) + / -
I have never had any troubles with our printer until today when I need it. I am trying to scan something and the initial scan is ok but it will not pull it into Image Zone so that I can do anything with it. I keep getting a message along these lines:

Can not Find FIle...blah blah blah with all this gib gab I do not understand.

I tried uninstalling the printer and re installing to see if it asked to find updates or anything and still nothing. Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Jackie
aja.aellen@sasktel.net

http://livelifefree.freeshockingvideo.com

Re: Re: HP PSC 1210 by Anonymous (11/12/06 1:05 PM) +1 + / -
Sorry I forgot to add what else the error message says after all the gibberish:

Make sure the path or Interent address is correct.

THis is after all the different % is talks about...any ideas on how to fix?

Jackie

Re: HP PSC 1210 by Stephen (11/12/06 1:45 PM) + / -
Given your question the answer is check the blah, blah, blah.

Maybe you don't understand it, but without it we can't be of much help.

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters