fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Reset an Epson R200?

Post a new message thread

Reset an Epson R200? by Albert (11/22/04 5:54 PM) + / -
I bought 15 R200 printers and installed them on 2 shelves and run them all together. Every week I have 1 printer showing the unfamous "wasted ink pad" full. That means the ink led and paper led are flashing alternatly and the on led is off. Epson doesn't want to tell me how to reset the printer but do a free exchange each time I have this error. I jsut loose my time but get a new printer each time with a new set of cartridges I will sell soon on eBay. At this rhythm they will change each R200 20 times before the warranty will end. Does anybody know how to reset this printer? It will save me a lot of time. By the way I did 300,000 CD print with an old modified Epson 860 I bought for $100. That means if their new printers would have less sensors it would certainly do the job. Thanks for your help

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Eddy (11/22/04 6:37 PM) + / -
Resetting the waste ink counter can only be done by using a software such as the 'adjustment program'.

Just curious, why are you performing so much cleaning cycles on those printers?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Albert (11/22/04 7:08 PM) + / -
Hi Eddy,
I don't even clean it once, but I think it does it automatically before printing every single CD, but not when it prints on paper, that is weird. I just open a R200 with the error and I found that the ink pad is almost new and 90% white. That means the error comes after counting the cleaning cycle and not from a sensor checking the wasted ink. Anyway, how can I get this adjustment prgram?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Eddy (11/22/04 7:38 PM) + / -
If the waste ink pad is 90% white then the error is probably not a maintenance request error. A fatal error and CD/DVD guide error have similar LED pattern. What is the error indication on the status monitor?

The adjustment program is only available from Epson. It is provided only to their authorised repair centre. There's a program which supposedly resets the waste ink counter of Epson Stylus ink jet printers. It has been mentioned on this forum many times.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/22/04 7:45 PM) + / -
You can download the adjustment program from here www.resetters.com

I hope it helps,

Wes.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Albert (11/23/04 11:00 AM) + / -
Thanks both of you for your help, I will try the program and if it doesn't work I will use the warranty right.
By the way do you how to avoid the cleaning before each printing?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Eddy (11/23/04 11:06 AM) + / -
The ZIP requires a password.

>By the way do you how to avoid the cleaning before each printing?

There's no way to avoid it. An automatic cleaning cycle is performed in accordance to the firmware.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Albert (11/23/04 11:25 AM) + / -
Ok, does anybody has the ZIP file password
Thanks
Albert

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/24/04 1:36 AM) + / -
does anyone know the password for the zip file

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by demmy (11/29/04 12:24 PM) +2 + / -
I can't afford 'genuine' epson ink and have had happy results using a non epson brand but the software is refusing to allow me to use my cheap alternative now. i've been through three full sets of cartridges before this point blank refusal to comply. any idea how i can override it? or will the program from resetters.com do this job for me.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Stanshawe (11/29/04 7:14 PM) + / -
If you use this site
inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
you will get all the resets for cartridges and waste pads also cartridge reset freezer plus many other useful facilities (and its free)but DON'T freeze the waste reset as this could cause an overflow of ink, as a thankyou can anyone supply me with a service manual (downloadable maybe) for the Epson Photo Stylus R200 or tell me where to obtain one in order to find how to change the waste pad.
Just a further tip, leave your R200 turned on permantly and this will prevent the priming cycle every time you turn it on.
Richard

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Chris (12/1/04 9:59 AM) + / -
If any ones interested the password for the Epson utility from resetters.com is resetters.ru

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by moe (12/1/04 10:25 AM) + / -
The site seems to be all Russian text. You might explain where to put the password.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (12/3/04 5:35 AM) + / -
paper feeds through but its not printing but the ink levels are going down the ink was new in ty

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (12/9/04 5:46 AM) + / -
hi my epson r200 printer is flashing paper feed all the time and wont let me print anybody help pls

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by andy (12/9/04 5:54 AM) + / -
hi i have an epson r200 and having alot of problems with it my paper feed light is flashing red all the time and wont let me print a thing can anybody help

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by andy (12/9/04 5:56 AM) + / -
hi i have an epson r200 and having alot of problems with it my paper feed light is flashing red all the time and wont let me print a thing can anybody help

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by mark (12/10/04 4:37 AM) + / -
find ssc utility on google you can reset ink wast
from this program them put ink freez on to lock your counters

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by andy (12/10/04 6:44 AM) +1 + / -
thks but have froze my ink counters but i am still getting a red flashing light on my feeder button and still not be able to print my m8 tells me that it needs to be serviced because i have used it to much but he says there is a program out there that will do it for me can anybody help pls.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by stanshawe (12/10/04 7:30 AM) + / -
Hi Andy, the only time you get a flashing light on JUST the paper feed button is if you have paper jammed (or something else) in the feed, double check that nothing has remained in the feed and also that the CD/DVD tray is fully closed (open and close it a few times)and press the paper feed button after. If as your friend says it needs a service he probably means that the waste ink pad is full, but then you get both red lights flashing and it won't print, in this case you will have to RE-SET rather than FREEZE the waste counter (try inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html )but be careful because if you re-set and then keep using your printer for a while after you could get an overflow of ink from the pad, but at least you would know if that is the problem.
Good luck

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by andy (12/10/04 7:48 AM) + / -
thanks for trying to help me but i went to this page and it is all in a different laguage i downloaded a program from ssc and this did not help is there anyway u can send me the program to reset my printer through email pls. fletchermans@hotmail.com thks.

Epson R200 by Borg (12/13/04 5:33 AM) +1 + / -
Could somebody tell me please how to make the colour status monitor on the r200 working?Installed the software twice but still not working-What can I do?

Thanks

Borg

EPSON R200 COLOUR STATUS MONITOR by KEN (12/13/04 8:59 AM) + / -
I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS BORG ANYONE FOUND A FIX FOR THE RESETTING OF THE INK MONITOR

THANKS KEN

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (12/13/04 9:03 AM) + / -
Which do you mean because when you fit new or re-chip the cartridges the monitor retuns to zero automatically.

Rich

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Borg (12/13/04 11:36 AM) + / -
Hi Rich
Thanks for the quick reply.The Printer(Epson R200) is 2 weeks old and got still the original ink in but the ink monitor is not working at all.What can I do?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (12/13/04 12:48 PM) + / -
If the printer is only two weeks old I would say you had a manufacture problem but if you loaded the software disc in OK have you got the icons either on your desktop or a small printer icon down in the bottom right of your screen by the clock?

Rich

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (12/14/04 12:25 PM) + / -
Borg: I'm sorry, but I cannot really be of any help to you. Most Epson Authorized Service Dealers are not actually trained on the newer "CX" or "R" models. Those models are so new that I have not even seen one that was not actually under warranty still. Epson Company does not even allow their dealers to work on the "CX" or "R" Models under warranty. They simply send a Replacement Printer in exchange for the defective unit thats under warranty and the defective printer is then sent back to Epson. If your printer is only 2 weeks old, then its still under its origional Factory Warranty [1 year]. You may be able to get help directly from the "Epson Technical Support Department", at no charge. At least that way you are dealing with a technician thats trained on your particular model, by Epson Company. To see available phone numbers for technical support, go on-line to Epson @ " www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. NOTE: If your printer is out of warranty, you will need a credit card, before the technicians can help you, because there is a charge for technical support over the phone...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Borb (12/14/04 3:25 PM) + / -
Hi Danny

Thanks for your reply.Just let you know it is not a Epson problem it is a XP system problem and Microsoft is working on it.Thank you very much anyway.
Have nice xms and take care

Borg

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (12/14/04 3:55 PM) + / -
Borg: You're welcome and thanks for letting us know that it was actually an Win's XP problem...Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Borg (12/15/04 2:20 AM) + / -
Hi Denny

We found a solution to make the ink monitor from the R200 working (for XP users only)

FOLLOWING HTTP://TINYURL.COM/6QG39
Solution
Download the DOS Application Patch for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (part number 6945970000). After downloading the file, double-click it and follow the on-screen instructions to install the patch, which will restore the missing file needed for running DOS-based programs and processes in Windows XP.
TURN OF COMPUTER RESTART THEN RE INSERT PRINTER DISC AND RE INSTALL CHECK MONITOR AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR INK STATUS BARS IN COLOUR

All the Best

Borg

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by darien (12/16/04 3:45 PM) + / -
fyi, neither of these programs will allow u to reset your ink counters on the R200. (SSC pretty much says "this is possible, but for your printer it's only done in special circumstances, so i won't do it." If u're looking to do that, these programs are useless.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by stanshawe (12/17/04 2:17 AM) + / -
Hi, has anyone ever changed the waste ink pad on the R200 and if so is it much of a job or could you recommend a site for instructions on dis-assembly in order to access the pad.

Many thanks

Merry Xmas

Rich

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jimbo1212 (2/22/05 7:36 AM) + / -
Can't get my R200 to reset the counter, can someone please help me, or tell me were I can get the software

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by newuser (2/22/05 12:46 PM) + / -
From version 3.61 Sscserve is able to reset the R200.

The utility can be downloaded from:
http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

Remember that printer driver must have been successfully installed before using this utility.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by erricsson (3/11/05 5:05 AM) + / -
Albert and Eddy,

I am using InkRepublic.com's CIS/bulk ink,
their chipset can avoid cleaning cycles.

I've saved a lot of money by avoiding ink wasted in cleaning cycles.

I know many people are looking for this solution.

www.InkRepublic.com

also I can re-use their R200 chipset and cartridge on many different printers:

www.inkrepublic.com/Compatibility.asp

I think it is just a one-time only purchase, then I can use their parts to many different printers.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by ramseier (3/16/05 2:45 PM) + / -
It sounds cool if user can last wasted ink pad longer as well as prevent ink wasted in cleaning.

erricsson, what is the quality of InkRepublic.com's ink?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Paul Heald (3/24/05 4:37 PM) + / -
Could someone send me the infamous document about cleaning my R200 after I spill ink in it and cause a fatal error? I took it to pieces the other day to clean it, but i couldn't find the sensor to clean. Thanks,

Paul

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (3/24/05 5:43 PM) + / -
Paul: I'm sorry, but there is no "infamous document" that I am aware of, for actually cleaning the "R200" model. There is in-depth information on cleaning to help correct the most common FATAL ERROR service condition on the "C80/C82" series of printers, so thats what I'm assuming you are referring to. I will e-mail that in-depth info to you and you can try it and see if it actually helps on your "R200" model. Just to let you know: Most "Epson Authorized Service Dealers" are not actually trained on the newer "C","CX", "R" or "RX" models, so I'm sorry, but I cannot really be of any help to you. I have not seen a Fatal Error on the newer R200 models, caused by the normal dirty & dry carriage assembly, or dirty encoder strip/sensor strip, which is the most common fatal error condition on the newer "C" series printers. I can tell you that the most common service error that I have seen on the R200's, also causes a rubbing or grinding type of noise, just prior to the actual red error light coming on. Everytime that has happened, it was caused because the locking cover/lever, that closes over the ink cartridges was simply not fully snapped closed. When that cover/lever is slightly unlocked, it rubs on the underside of the Top Cover, as the "Print Cartridge Holder Assembly", moves back-n-forth during normal operation. That causes drag and of course noise. That drag throws off the timming, which is why that red error light comes on. Simply try pushing down on that cartridge cover/lever and see if it snaps into place. Then turn your printer off & on to reset it...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by gembel (4/9/05 2:58 PM) + / -
the password for epson utility from resseter.com is not work
the old password is resseter.ru what is the new one?
Chris do now the new password or any body have the password?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by stanza (4/19/05 5:59 AM) + / -
Message was 'Service Required' 'Parts inside at end of service life.'

Took R200 to nearest Service Agent who removed message but did not replace anything.

Counter shows 625, so he didn't zero it. Is there anyway of knowing what the fault was if not ink pad.

Can an engineer set the counter to whatever he wishes?

At what number does the ink pad warning message appear?

Any help greatly appreciated. Printer is a Quality Assured unit 5 months old. My third replacement.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by newuser (4/19/05 11:38 AM) + / -
The fault was the ink pad since your protection counter value is too low, it has been reset for sure. Highest value allowed should be 32767 but it varies by printer model.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by stanza (4/19/05 4:06 PM) + / -
When I complained to Epson that their local service centre had just reset the counter and not changed the ink pad their reply was that the engineer must have checked and seen that it didn't need replacing. Most of the ink evaporates anyway! I was told.

The Quality Assured unit is 5 months old. How do I check if the ink pad does need changing? I bet if the R200 had been out of warranty they would have charged me and changed it.

The rectangle of sponge under the resting place of the head is black and wet, so is the rectangle of sponge at the other end of it's travel. But the sponge between them (that would be under the paper when printing) is new looking and clean.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by dsr (4/25/05 11:44 AM) + / -
I have a R200, I bought 2 compatable cartridges and placed them in the printer, it printed just fine. However when I bought another compatable cartridge, it was not the same brand, and placed it in the printer, now it will not print right. I went and bought a new original blue cartridge to replace the odd compatatble cartridge. It started to print correct about a 1/4 of an inch then went printing off color again. Can you tell me what is happening.. and how to fix it....Just use only original epson cartridges? is the printer ruined now?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (4/25/05 12:45 PM) + / -
dsr...JUST TO LET YOU KNOW: Unfortunatly, not all "Generic" & "Third-Party" ink cartridges are made the same and none of them actually contain the right formulation of ink, for the epson printers [formula is patented by Epson Company]. Some are probably close and seem to be better than others, but some simply can clog-up or even damage the print head assemblies on epson printers. Epson ink jet printers are one of the few printers on the market that seem to have so many problems with non-manufactors inks, especially the newer models made with-in the last few years. Epson printers use a completely different print head inking system than most other brands of printers and correct epson ink formulation is vital. Most, if not all of the other manufactors, use thermal or bubblejet print heads and because the other brands use a totally different system, they don't seem to have as many problems using refilled inks or non-manufactor's ink cartridges. There are people that say they use generic or third-party inks or ink cartridges in their epson printer and have never had a problem. I've seen and read about too many problems caused by using non-epson ink, especially on the newer models of epson printers that have come out in the last few years. No matter what anyone says, all blacks and colors are not the same. Printer manufacters do not make available their ink formulation and in most cases, the formulation is patented. Any difference in the ink formulation can clog the small print head nozzles or damage other critical components. One individual print head nozzle is so tiny, that it will not accept a human hair, so you can see why they can get clogged so easily, or even why the nozzles can be so easily damaged. Epson has many different formulas just for its black ink, for all the different epson printers, let alone for their colored inks. Generally if you are using non-epson ink or ink cartridges, or refilling your old cartridges, you are using the wrong ink for your printer and sooner or later you will have some type of problems, almost everyone does. You are taking your chances by using third-party or generic ink cartridges, or even by refilling your old cartridges. I understand the differences in the costs of the non-epson ink and ink cartridges, compared to the actual epson ink cartridges and the choice is always yours to make. It really does not matter to me what type of ink cartridges you decide to use in your epson printer. Unfortunatly, there is no way to make your epson printer use that non-epson ink cartridge, if it cannot actually recognize it. Its even possible that some brands of non-epson ink cartridges may not always be recognized by the newer models of epson printers. Usually its because of the inexpensive and or incompatable "Electrical Chips" that are mounted on some brands of generic or third-party ink cartridges. Sometimes you will even get error messages up on your monitors screen, telling you that you are actually using a non-epson ink cartridge, or that your printer cannot recognize the cartridge that you installed. Sometimes the ink level indicator, on your status monitor, will not show an actual ink level, but may indicate a cartridge error or problem instead...At this point: About all you can do is try a new-epson ink cartridge and then run sets of of "Printhead Cleaning Cycles" and "Nozzle Tests", to try and get the ink to start flowing correctly again. Remember to run a nozzle test after every cleaning cycle ran. The nozzle test is used as a point of reference for the next cleaning cycle ran. You may have to run up to 6 sets of those cleaning tests and nozzle tests, to try and get those print head nozzles to open up andf start printing correctly again. Unfortunatly, running a lot of print head cleaning cycles and nozzle tests can use up the ink inside the cartridges, but you may not have a choice at this point. On some models, you could install a new ink cartridge and run between 10-15 cleaning cycles and tests and its possible to empty the new cartridge. If running up to 6 sets of those tests does not actually help, then either you have a clogged or failing print head assembly, but no way to really know...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (4/25/05 12:47 PM) + / -
dsr: As I stated, it's possible that you may even have an actual hardware/parts problem, such as a failing print head assembly. However, normally the most common problem is clogging of the print head nozzles, especially as you were actually using non-epson ink cartridges. You might want to try using the "Epson Stylus Head Cleaning Solution", available through fixyourownprinter.com, at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson . However, that solution will only help, if there is an actual clogged print head assembly. When it opens, click-on epson stylus head cleaning solution thats listed for your particular printer. The epson solution sells for around $10.00 plus shipping. It includes a syringe and some epson print head cleaning solution, which is designed to dissolve most clogs, especially if you were using epson inks. This is the same chemical used by epson in their service department. You can try it if you want to and see if you can get the print head nozzles to open up again. That solution was basically designed by epson company for use on their older models of ink jet printers, but people have been using it on the newer models, with success reported. IF YOU DECIDE TO, TRY THE "EPSON STYLUS HEAD CLEANING SOLUTION", JUST REMEMBER: The nozzles inside the print head assembly can be easily damaged by using to much force on the plunger of the syringe. Damage can even occur when you are using the epson stylus head cleaning solution method, if you actually try to force the fluid thru the nozzle. To much force/pressure can damage the little tubes inside the nozzle assembly and then it will never work again. One individual print head nozzle is so tiny, that it will not accept a human hair. You can see why they can get clogged so easily, or even why the nozzles can be so easily damaged. The correct method is to use the syringe to add the fluid into the nozzle and then leave the fluids set inside the nozzle for a day or two, to try and dissolve a possible bad clog. If you remove the Top Cover Assembly, then you can leave the print head assembly parked in its normal home position, at the far right side. Then any ink & fluids that are purged during the cleaning, will normally travel thru the cleaning station hoses, to the waste ink pads. If you have the "Print Cartridge Holder Assembly", positioned away from the home position, then you will need to slide strips of paper towels or coffee filters under that assembly, to soak up any expelled ink and fluids, or it can get all over. Sometimes you might have to use the fluids several times to be able to dissolve the clog in the print head nozzles. Sometimes the clog will never dissolve, or it actually damages the nozzles. The longer the clog has been in, the worse it is to remove. Again, if the cleaning fluids don't help, then its generally time to invest in a new printer. In some more expensive printers, you may want to get an estimate to replace the print head assembly, but as a general rule, its not really economical to do in the smaller epson ink jet style printers. You can generally buy a new small printer cheaper than you can have your old one repaired for. EXAMPLE: The print head assembly in the "C80" Printer sells for around $120 to $130. There is a REVIEW of the "Print Head Cleaning Solution", as well as general "Print Head Cleaning Instructions", that is available to view at http://www.inkjetprinterhelp.us/EKR.html ...Again, Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by IAN CROWN (5/3/05 2:47 PM) + / -
MY EPSON R200 LIGHTS R CONSTANTLY FLASHING RED.WHEN PRESSING
THEM IT DOES NOTHING.THE INKS R HALF FULL AND THERE IS NO PAPER JAM.I HAVE TRIED TURNING THE PRINTER OFF BUT WHEN TURNED BACK ON
THE SAME PROBLEM ACCURS. CAN ANY ONE HELP.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (5/3/05 4:54 PM) +1 + / -
Ian: When the "Power Light" is off and the "Paper Light" & "Ink Light" are both blinking fast [0.1 sec's on + 0.1 sec's off], that indicates a FATAL ERROR service condition. This error is detected when: #1 The "Carriage Unit" cannot move correctly by the external force in each operation, or #2 The "Paper Feed Motor" cannot rotate correctly while the paper feed motor operates. The two most common causes of the fatal error is a dirty & or dry "Carriage Assembly" & a dirty "Encoder Strip/Sensor Strip". You should clean & service those two areas just to eliminate those common problems and see if it helps or not...GENERAL INFO #1, CARRIAGE ASSEMBLY: Although it's possible your printer has an electronic or mechanical failure, the most common problem is that the "Carriage Assembly" is simply DIRTY and or DRY, causing it to stick and make noises. That usually results in the printer loosing track of just where the "Print Cartridge Holder Assembly" is actually at and that can cause the error light/led to come on. Sometimes when the printer looses track of where that assembly is at, it then keeps telling that assembly to keep moving and can even cause it to slam into the end of the printer. Try wiping off all around the round metal carriage bar or shaft [that the print cartridge holder assembly moves back-n-forth on], with a lint free cloth. Also clean the outside of the metal bushings with q-tips, that the carriage bar passes thru, on both sides of the print cartridge holder assembly. You can also use alcohol on the cloth, if there is a lot of build-up on the carriage shaft/bar. Then grease the metal bar on both sides of the holder assembly, slightly with the appropriate grease thats used on some of the newer models. The "R200" & "R210" use a #G63 Grease, which is epson part #1218320. That epson part number info is probably not that valuable, unless you want to order that particular grease. Just in case you are interested in ordering that grease, you can check with Compass Micro, Inc, located at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Its possible that the designation of "G63" may be a particular grade of grease, that you can possibly find at a automotive or hardware store, but you would have to actually check to find out. Manually slide the holder assembly back and forth to spread out the lubrication and wipe of any excess grease or blackish build-up that appears on the bar. After the carriage assembly is cleaned & lubed, then you should perform the "Printhead Alignment Procedure" thru the PRINTER PROPERTIES UTILITY thats loaded onto your Computer System, if available on your particular model of ep-son printer. That alignment can be thrown off because of a dirty and or dry carriage assembly. Sometimes people will simply do a re-alignment without cleaning & greasing that assembly. That simply does a quick fix that usually does not last long. Once that assembly is cleaned & greased, the actual alignment is then usually off, from those previously done re-alignments and or the sticking & binding caused from when that assembly was dirty and or dry...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (5/3/05 5:06 PM) +1 + / -
Ian...GENERAL INFO #2, ENCODER STRIP/SCALE: You're "R200" has a plastic strip called a "Carriage Scale", that runs thru a sensor mounted on the back of the Print Cartridge Holder Assembly. That strip is usually located beside and slighty behind the carriage bar/shaft and runs from the left side to the right side of the printer. This strip appears to be almost see threw, but has tiny encoder dots on the strip, that give the instructions to the "Printhead Assembly/Print Cartridge Holder Assembly", during a printing job. Sometimes ink splatter will get on that strip, causing the sensor to mis-read the actual encoder dots, causing positioning problems. To eliminate that possibility, you might want to CAREFULLY and VERY GENTLY, clean that strip. You should only use Distilled Water [less chemicals and minerals in distilled water] to clean this strip with. Other fluids and chemicals [such as: alcohol/acetone/ink removers/etc] may actually damage the plastic strip or even wipe off the tiny encoded dots/marks. Then it will of course not work or simply not give the correct information anymore. You can use damp q-tips, but I prefer wet strips of flat coffee filters, folded into an approx two inch length. Once the folded strip is fairly wet [just not dripping], I lay it on the top of the strip and then carefully fold it over the top of the strip and down both the front side and the rear side of the strip. Position one finger on one side of the folded wet strip and your thumb over the other side [the strip will now be covered by the folded wet coffee filter strip]. Use your other hand and firmly hold the strip between your thumb and finger, at as near to one end of the strip as you can. Now slide the wet coffee filter strip slowly and gently along the strip to clean it. You may have to change the wet coffee strip if it gets real dirty. Ink spray/spots/dots that may have collected on the strip, will then be usually cleaned off by the wet coffee filter strips. Its possible that the build-up of ink on the strip, can actually cause the sensor to read the information wrong. The sensor is trying to actually read that ink spray/spots/dots and gets real confused. This can cause strange problems to happen and sometimes can even cause a Service Error Light/Led to come on...WARNING: Be sure that you are holding one end of the strip firmly, so it does not move back and forth while cleaning it with the other hand. If it moves to much it can actually un-hook from its little attachment point/hook and is almost impossible to rehook/reinstall without removing the Top Cover Assembly. If you pull to hard on the strip, it can actually be damaged and break off its attachment point/hook. NO STRIP = NO WORKING PRINTER. SO ALWAYS GO SLOW AND BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN CLEANING, OR EVEN NEAR THAT SENSOR STRIP... Just in case cleaning and servicing both the carriage assy and the carriage scale does not actually help, then you may want to read my posted reply to PINOK, at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/28911 ...Again, Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jason (5/15/05 4:18 PM) + / -
Hi denny

I was hoping you could shed some light on my problem with a r210, the ink light is going hard out flashing but the paper light is just going flash(1sec)flash(2sec)flash(1sec)flash can you help?
Cheers
Jason

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Denny Conway (5/16/05 2:05 PM) + / -
jason: I'm sorry, but I cannot really be of much actual help to you. Unfortunatly, most "Epson Authorized Service Dealers" are not actually trained on the newer epson printer models ["C","CX", "R" or "RX" models]. Unfortunatly, there is no listing in my USA epson information for an actual "R210" model. I can only guess that the R210 model was made by epson company for overseas sales and distribution, probably in the UK and Latin America...THERE ARE THREE DIFFERENT ERRORS WHEN BOTH OF THOSE LIGHTS ARE BLINKLING: #1 On the "Epson Stylus Photo R200" [USA model], when the Ink Light is FAST BLINKING [0.1 sec's on + 0.1 sec's off] and the Paper light is doing what is called BLINK 2 [0.1 sec's on + 0.2 sec's off + 0.2 on + 0.4 sec's off], that indicates a "CD/DVD Guide Error" service condition. That error is detected when: paper is present in "ASF Assy" and "CDR Guide Assy" is open while receiving print data; when the "CDR Guide Assy" opens while printing; when the "CDR Guide Assy" is open while receiving ASF paper feed data; or when attempting to replace the ink while "CDR Guide Assy" is open...#2 On the "Epson Stylus Photo R200" [USA model], when the Ink Light and the Paper Light are both FAST BLINKING [0.1 sec's on + 0.1 sec's off], that indicates a FATAL ERROR condition. The fatal error is detected when: the "Carriage Unit" cannot move correctly by the external force in each operation. Although it's possible your printer has an electronic or mechanical failure, the most common problem is that the "Carriage Assembly" is simply DIRTY and or DRY, causing it to stick and make noises. That usually results in the printer loosing track of just where the "Print Cartridge Holder Assembly" is actually at and that can cause the error light/led to come on. Sometimes when the printer looses track of where that assembly is at, it then keeps telling that assembly to keep moving and can even cause it to slam into the end of the printer. Try wiping off all around the round metal carriage bar or shaft [that the print cartridge holder assembly moves back-n-forth on], with a lint free cloth. Also clean the outside of the metal bushings with q-tips, that the carriage bar passes thru, on both sides of the print cartridge holder assembly. You can also use alcohol on the cloth, if there is a lot of build-up on the carriage shaft/bar. Then lube the metal bar on both sides of the holder assembly, slightly with a the appropriate grease thats used on some of the newer models. The "r200" model uses a #G63 Grease, which is epson part #1218320. That epson part number info is probably not that valuable, unless you want to order that particular grease. Just in case you are interested in ordering that grease, you can check with Compass Micro, Inc, located at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Its possible that the designation of "G63" may be a particular grade of grease, that you can possibly find at a automotive or hardware store, but you would have to actually check to find out. Apply some grease to that bar, on both sides of that holder assy and manually slide the holder assembly back and forth to spread out the grease. Then wipe of any excess lube or blackish build-up that appears on the bar. After the carriage assembly is cleaned & greased, then you should perform the "Printhead Alignment Procedure" thru the PRINTER PROPERTIES UTILITY thats loaded onto your Computer System, if available on your particular model. That alignment can be thrown off because of a dirty and or dry carriage assembly. Sometimes people will simply do a re-alignment without cleaning & greasing that assembly. That simply does a quick fix that usually does not last long. Once that assembly is cleaned & greased, the actual alignment is then usually off, from those previously done re-alignments and or the sticking & binding caused from when that assembly was dirty and or dry. You can check out this link, supplied by WES, http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/glide.html , to see some general information on "Carriage Guide Shaft Maintenance"; or the "Paper Feed Motor" cannot rotate correctly while the "Paper Feed Motor" operates...#3 On the "Epson Stylus Photo R200" [USA model], when the Ink Light and the Paper Light are both ALTERNANTLY BLINKING [0.5 sec's on + 0.5 sec's off], that indicates a "Maintenance Error" condition. The maintenance request error is actually a Waste Ink Ink Pad Error and usually your remedy is to replace the waste ink pad/pads with a new one/ones and then reset the Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. You can see exploded parts diagrams for most epson ink jet printers and can also check on possible parts ordering, by Compass Micro Inc, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by holding them under running cold water. Then they simply dry them out and reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make. I would at least recommend getting that waste ink counter reset procedure and performing it first, to make sure your printer will then work. You may be able to reset that waste ink counter, using the SSC SERVICE UTILITY available at http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe . Unfortunatly, that utility only works using a windows operating system. You can check and see if your particular epson printer is compatible, by going to http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html ...Here's some previously posted info that may also help. "NEWUSER Re: Epson Error and power light flashing by newuser (4/5/05 11:10 AM). To reset the error download this utility: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html . Once installed run the program and configure it, closing the main window and right clicking the icon in the tray area, from there choose Configure and select your printers model. After configuration, select Protection counter -> Reset protection counter, it should be able to clear the error message. If that does not actually work, then the only suggestion I can give is to perform a soft-reset before resetting counter. Remove also the Epson status agent, it detects errors and it may hinder communication with the printer, then reboot your pc. As profile choose the one sscservice didn't use after autoconfiguration, check for printer response. Remember that you should also clean the waste ink pads located at the printer bottom. For a more in-depth procedure by NEWUSER, go to his site at http://myprinter.altervista.org/simplefaq/mysimplefaq.html#counter "....Unfortunatly, that ssc service utility may not actually work on all epson printers and not on all operating systems, so you will have to check it out for yourself. Just in case that source does not work: You may actually need to go on-line to try and locate the actual reset procedure, to buy and download to reset that waste ink counter...I hope that info helps...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by gmoore401 (5/23/05 12:07 PM) + / -
I installed all new ink cartridges and tried to reset the printer, now no ink in any cartridges shows, they are all empty, but brand new, and it wont print,,,,any way to fix this or did i just phuck up?
Gmoore

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by newuser (5/23/05 12:32 PM) + / -
What kind of reset did you try?
Protection counter reset shouldn't affect ink levels, it just change eeprom value regarding ink discarged in the waste pad. If you are using compatible cartridges chips may be incompatible with your printer and therefore they aren't recognized.
In this case you should take original Epson chips from old cartridges, reset them with a resetter as shown here:
http://myprinter.altervista.org/simplefaq/mysimplefaq.html#cartridges
and mount them on compatible cartridges.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by memeaaaaa (6/20/05 12:58 PM) + / -
manual here http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/r200__/r200__pg.pdf

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Mexicano (8/18/05 7:54 PM) + / -
heyy guyys you can download oficial resseters in this link:
http://www.resetters.com/downloadfiles.php
user:2005
password:reset
password for zip files is :www.resetters.ru

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by JoNeSh (8/28/05 11:13 AM) + / -
Does anybody knows how to reset the eeprom?? of an epson r200...i will apreciate a lot.. thks

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by wag12 (9/11/05 12:18 PM) + / -
I've tried following your instructions to try to download the reset program for Epson 200. I click on the link http://www.resetters.com/downloadfiles.php that you gave and scroll down to the box that has Epson 200 new in it and click on that. A box then opens for entering user and password. I used the user: 2005 and tried Password: www.resetters.ru That works sometimes but at other times it doesn't work and user: 2005 and password: reset will work. Anyway in either case it which either one is working it will cause the browser address widow to change to: http://www.resetters.com/download/r200/reset200.zip. So it looks like it is going to take me to the zip file but after a few seconds it changes back to http://www.resetters.com/ and leves me there.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by wag12 (9/11/05 12:31 PM) + / -
I've found a way to translate the Russia text to English.
If you go to this website it will allow you to translate web sites from one language to another.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Go to the website above and then go down do the block that says translate a web page and enter http://www.resetters.com/
Then go to the select a languages block and select Russian to English and then click the TRANSLATE button to translate the page to english.
You will now see the Resetters website in English.

Re: Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by wag12 (9/11/05 12:50 PM) + / -
That Russia site isn't working but they were getting the program from http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html as they have a link to it saying to check for latest version of the program.
I tried dowloading the version 4.0 program by clicking on the link to download (v4.00) but that is not working either. Has anyone downloaded the program from this site recently and is this just a temporary problem with the site?

Thanks

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by emmab (9/13/05 12:13 AM) + / -
It worked last night (10th) although I did have problems downloading it the night before so try it again.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (9/16/05 10:15 AM) + / -
i had a problem like that and downloaded a proram called ssc system utility you can resetn everything and then get rid of the epson monitor 3

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by doctor (edited 9/16/05 10:54 AM) + / -
can any help ink light will not go off put 6 new inks in it and this does nothing so i tried unistalling it but now i cant install it cause ink light is still on and messing with install process can some1 tell me how to get ink light off please

Epson Stylus Photo R200 stopped printing by ncnash (11/16/05 8:29 PM) + / -
After days of trying to fix this problem and talking to Epson and talking to Dell...I'm still trying. Two strange things happened about the same time -- my screen saver disappeared off my monitor and my Epson stopped printing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but I keep getting an error message about the printer not being ready when writing to LPT1. I use USB ports on my computer, but USB doesn't show on any menus for the printer. Also, the printer status monitor does not show the ink levels -- it's grayed out. Any help out there? Thanks.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/18/05 6:46 AM) + / -
Download the DOS Application Patch for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (part number 6945970000).
SORRY IME NEW TO THIS DOWNLOADING THING ,WARE DO I FIND THIS PATCH .IVE TRIED WINDOWS AND CANT FIND IT
PLEASE HELP
DAVE!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/22/05 12:19 PM) + / -
Today i have downloaded this program. Thatīs great utility for epson users.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by hpwizard (11/22/05 3:14 PM) + / -
I am computer "illegitamite" but on talking to my PC lady the other day, I mentioned all these problems with Windows XP service pack 2. She said, to delete your USB ports & then let it search fot them again & all should be well? I don't know, but it's worth a try right?
And "anonymous" replying about a reply from "anonymous" with regards to "reset printer" C'mon Guys! Put your name down so we know who we are talking to & about what! There are hundreds of you ANONYMOUSES out there!
Sorry, still had a bad day!
Dazz UK

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Rdromero (11/25/05 8:09 AM) + / -
Hello, Iītry the ssclg resetter software v4.0 it works great in other models but not in r200. I reset all counters, reset protection counter and nothing at all. Only work soft reset thath make a test and I can see the printer move softly (I see move for the first time that the printer comes to my service store)so it isnt dead, but after the soft reset it make again the alternate red flashing. My answers its the waster counter? or is other parts problem? Is there any combination button reset like other epsons? in www.resseters.com what is the user and password to download the file? is there any link to download a free service manual? In my experience in repairing printers, the button reset works in that cases when Epson Resetter software dont`s.

Thank to all.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Rdromero (11/25/05 6:52 PM) + / -
Hi, I resolve my problem!!
Whith the epson resetter progran V4.0 closing the epson monitor I do a soft reset, when the reset is performing, it say that is an empty cartridge in my case the light cian, press the ink button, the carriage go to the mark that say what cartridge is empty, push the ink button again to move the carriage to the change cartridge position, extract the cartidge, I reset it whith a electronic resetter directly on the chip, put the cartridge again and: in the ssclg program, check the ink level, push the refresh button, the ink level its appear on the screen, in the error condition this screen freez. Ok now its the moment to reset the wasted ink pad counter, and it works, then
turn off the printer, stay off about one minute, and turn it on, yesss, the blinking alternate light it gone. and the printer works fine. I hope this work for others. good look

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/28/05 5:44 AM) + / -
Just go to http://www.epson.com

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/28/05 5:56 AM) + / -
You will need to return it to your vender. i had this happen the first one i bought and had to return it for another. now all i get is the parts in your pronter are nearing the end of their life message. very annoying. i am on my 3rd one in a year

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/28/05 6:00 AM) + / -
This is common and you will need to return the printer and get another. take it to where you bought it. They will take it back. i took mine back after 4 months and had no problem.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (11/28/05 6:04 AM) + / -
i tried this and had no luck getting the files.

Re: Reset an Epson R320? by bismarck (11/28/05 1:34 PM) +2 + / -
guys i need the service utility for epson r320 to reset my printer

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Kap'n Krunch (12/1/05 3:45 PM) + / -
I got extremely frustrared at my printer today. Red lights flash. This makes the red lights flash in my head. But being the new me, (just had a new baby) I decided that rather than throwing the POS through the wall I would try to clean it. So, I unplugged it and took the trusty brake cleaner from my machine shop and hosed the R200 down. LIBERALLY!
Sure as s#$@, it works! Hopefully it will make it long enogh for the new printer to get here from B&H. I like these printers. This is the third one I've had. But when they go down, they swallow.
They make great target when the do!

So, if anyone is at their end and the warranty is up, try the industrial brke cleaner method!
Enjoy.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Microschuft (12/15/05 6:46 PM) + / -
...printer returned to epson... got a new one... now same prob... red lights are flashing alternately (paper & ink, slow)...
- cleaned the waste ink pads (though no sensor at all)
- tried with open and closed cd/dvd guide (though no sensor at all)
why are u guys talking about sensors? if there would be a sensor, there would be a cable leading to the pcb.
i do not want to reset this printer, i just want to know what causes this error and how to fix it.
damned, epson and support...

Epson R200 CD/DVD Tray by Erin (12/22/05 1:45 AM) + / -
I have an Epson Photo R200 and have encountered an error while printing. The printer consistently reports that the CD/DVD guide is open when it's closed (it's completely seated), and won't print to standard letter paper, instead feeding it quickly through without printing. Both the ink and the paper lights have been flashing, independently and together, but after restarting it several times, now the ink light only is flashing. I can't print anything from any program, text or image (I'm aware that the printer won't allow anything to be printed if any cartridge is empty, I recently replaced most of them and all are detected as having enough ink.) Has anyone else come across this problem? Any suggestions?

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by snowdog (1/4/06 5:34 AM) + / -
I'm getting the two red light flashing alternately & slow, too.

Brief history (I'm on a Mac, by the way):

Was trying to run the nozzle cleaner but it wouldn't let me because parts were apparently nearing the end of their working life.

(Thanks Epson! Not broken, you understand, just "nearing" the end of their life. So in other words STILL WORKING!! But still it wouldn't let me go through the cleaning routine. There's a word for that & the word is "con".)

I found a way to run the cleaning routines without using the software & did so.

It worked once but when I tried to do it again it hung on me.

Now all I get are the two flashing red lights. I can turn the printer off. As soon as I turn it back on it resumes the flashing.

An engineer has told me it requires some kind of pram type reset within the printer itself & this fix will make the "end of life" warnings go away too.

Is this the case?

I don't want to spend money on an engineer coming out & fixing it only to find I still need to fork out money on parts.

Better still, can I fix it myself?

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Sebastian2 (1/18/06 9:59 AM) + / -

Hi,

I got to read all your stuffs about reset the wasted ink pad.
I reseted the protection counter (with the SSC Service Utility), and my printer is now almost working :
I can print separate colors (only blue, only black, only yellow and only red) and it works properly but when I mix them, I got a weird different color than expected (for instance : a blue oriented picture becomes pink !)
As I am not an native English speaker, maybe I have missed something in your dialog.
What should i do to get the regular colors back on printing ?
Is there anything I must have messed ?

Thanks to you all.
Sebastian

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by RandyXi (1/18/06 11:37 AM) + / -
hey your email is jack_lee57@yahoo.com ????

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by RandyXi (1/18/06 11:48 AM) + / -
Hi the site have user name and password

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (1/18/06 2:31 PM) + / -
hi there if you need help with your printer then just add me on msn or yahoo jacklee366@hotmail.com

Status Monitor can't be installed? by Crumbz (2/9/06 10:53 PM) + / -
hi i'm having a lot of trouble installing the status monitor that came with my epson stylus photo R210. i've installed the dos application patch but i still get the same errors when installing the status monitor. It says can't read from device, cancel, abort. And then it says Can't run 16-bit Windows program; one of the library files need to run stmsetup.exe is damaged.

If anyone had any trouble installing the status monitor and managed to get it working, can you please reply?

Re: Status Monitor can't be installed? by jacklee (2/10/06 3:47 AM) + / -
hi there if you have msn or yahoo add me jacklee366@hotmail.com jack_lee57 and i will try and help you

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Crumbz (2/10/06 3:59 AM) + / -
Thanks Jacklee.. i have added u in my msn

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/10/06 4:05 AM) + / -
sorry i had to go out but i am here now if you need me

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by m sandham (2/12/06 10:30 AM) + / -
jacklee366@hotmail.com helped me with my epson r200 fault . it now works . thanx alot m8 well smart guy . anyone needs help hes the guy ..

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (2/13/06 4:56 AM) + / -
Hi jacklee there a ink kit for the r200 , you know if that is any good?
Randy From TRINIDAD

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/13/06 11:46 AM) + / -
hi there if you need any help pc or printer plz add me to your msn jacklee366@hotmail.com or yahoo jack_lee57

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/14/06 10:26 AM) + / -
My R200 is not recognizing 2 of the colors all of a sudden... anyway to fix this? I've tried re-seating the ink tanks several times, but that hasn't helped any...

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/14/06 11:46 AM) + / -
hi there if you need my help woth your printer then just add me to you msn

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/14/06 12:18 PM) + / -
I'll keep an eye out for you on MSN.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/14/06 12:21 PM) + / -
i am on msn now m8

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/14/06 1:08 PM) + / -
I put your MSN SN on my MSN... but you're still offline... you sure you put the right SN in your profile?

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/14/06 1:31 PM) + / -
jacklee366@hotmail.com or yahoo jack_lee57

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/14/06 1:53 PM) + / -
Anyone else out there with some advice for me? JackLee just wanted control over my PC & wouldn't tell me how to fix the printer... don't know if he is legitimately trying to help or not... but I'd rather play it safe...

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/14/06 1:59 PM) + / -
IF YOU WOT ME TO FIX YOUR PRINTER THEN YOU MAY HAVE TO GO IN REMOTE IF YOUR NOT GOING TO DO THAT THEN I CAN NOT HELP YOU I AM NOT GOIGN TO MEES WITH YOUR PC IF YOU DONT BELIVE ME THEN BYE A NEW PRINTER......

THANKS FROM JACK

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by m sandham (2/14/06 2:06 PM) + / -
jacklee fixed my printer in remote , brill , wot a gent , i didnt want to at 1st thinking that he might do something to my pc , but i though take the risk!! so i did and he did what he said he fixed the printer , anyone out there wanting it doing , honestly trust him hes great , talks you threw it aswell!!!

i would let him do it again anytime , if not get yourself to shop and buy new printer!! ,, TRUST HIM I DID,,

Freeze Ink Levels by GooseBacon (2/15/06 4:57 PM) + / -
So here's a brainteaser for the smartest among you:
Would it be possible for a Mac user to freeze ink levels/reset counters on an Epson R220 by connecting it to a PC for a one-time shakedown using the SSC software referenced in this forum? The story continues that the printer would then be connected back to the Mac for routine printing, with hopefully frozen ink levels and reset counters.

The question at the heart of this is whether or not the software does something to the chip or affects the windows print driver.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Crumbz (2/15/06 7:40 PM) + / -
is jacklee and m sandham the same person? They both have poor grammar, spelling and punctuation. Jack Lee also wanted to control my pc using msn remote and didn't exactly give any bright advice.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/15/06 8:55 PM) + / -
I was thinking the same thing... both said "m8"... who says that... its a scam... he's a hacker trying to gain access to personal computers...

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/16/06 2:20 AM) + / -
LOOK NO I AM NOT A HACKER I AM HERE TO HELP IF YOU DONT WOT OT HELP THEN FINE. BEFORE YOU START CALLING PEOPLE HARCKERS MAKE SURE THEY ARE I WORK FOR EPSON AND RUN MY OWE MY SHOP SO IF YOU THINK I AM AN HARCKER THEN DONT ASK FOR MY HELP

THANKS JACK

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (2/16/06 2:32 AM) + / -
Lots of people claim to be techs. Like a booted "tech" named Stui. From the limited advice I have seen given here I don't see a very competent tech. AND LAY OFF THE CAPS...NO NEED TO YELL!!!.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (2/16/06 2:36 AM) + / -
you can belive me or not belive it is up to you i no wot i do and i no where i work SO BELIVE ME OR NOT

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/16/06 5:41 AM) + / -
If you're not just a hacker... explain this...

1. You work for Epson... & Dell... & have your own shop? You must be busy... especially with all the hacking you do...

2. M Sandham said you were very helpful... & WALKED HIM THROUGH his problems & also remote-d into his PC to fix things... why would you walk him through things... but you wouldn't tell me a single thing about why my printer wasn't working...

3. Why did you need to remote into my PC... my my PRINTER is having a problem? It is not a communication problem between the PC & printer... rather, the printer says an ink tank is unrecognizable...

Face it... your busted... better create a new screen name & try this scam again...

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (2/16/06 7:09 AM) + / -
IF YOU THINK I AM AN HARCKER THEN FINE DONT EMAIL ME AND NO I AM NOT HAVEING A NEW NAME I HAVE NO NEED TO THE RESON I WALKED M SANDHAM THROUGH COS HE WENT IN TO REMOTE AND FIXED IT ANY WAY MSN REMOTE YOU CAN SEE WOT I DOING ON REMOTE SO IF ANYONE SEEN ME DOING ANYTHING THEN YOU CAN DISCONNET ME

PS... GET A BOOK ON MSN M8 YOU NEED IT THE BOOK YOU NEED IS CALLED PC FOR DUMBYS

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/16/06 7:30 AM) + / -
I must be stupid... I went to the local Barnes & Noble bookstore... trying to get a book that would teach me how to use MSN Messanger... I asked the guy for "PC FOR DUMBYS"... they didn't seem to have it... M8...

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (2/16/06 7:57 AM) + / -
I found a simple solution to my red light flashing problem.
after downloading and installing the SSC service *(great program by the way!!) I found the ink cover latch was not secured all the way down. be sure and check this before tossing your printer!

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by TMadlem84 (2/18/06 2:05 PM) + / -
Turns out 2 of the chips on the ink tanks had gone bad... I sure wish I would have let JackLee remote into my computer to fix that problem... which was fixed by replacing the chip...

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (2/18/06 8:21 PM) + / -
well THANK YOU M8 FOR YOUR POST HAS YOU CAN SEE THEY THINK I AM AN HARCKER WHICH I AM NOT BUT IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY I WILL OK #

THANKS JACK

Re: Freeze Ink Levels by Anonymous (2/20/06 6:16 AM) + / -
ok, GooseBacon, no I do not belive the frozen ink levels trick would work the ssc program appears to only affect the printer while it is connected to that pc.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (2/22/06 6:10 PM) + / -
The SSC service utility will not reset ink levels on the R200 printer. It will reset protection counters though. I have found that the best thing to do is use refillable ink cartridges with auto-reset chips. These chips reset to 90 or 95% full when the ink level drops to 10%. 10% is when the printer reports low ink levels. By resetting to only 90 or 95% they keep the printer from recharging the cartridges, which is required with new cartridges and wastes a lot of ink. I also use an external waste ink bottle. This eliminates the need to worry about the ink pads (which, by the way, are not the foam pads which can be seen when you open the lid but are cotton pads buried deep inside the bottom of the printer and require total disassembly of the printer to remove).

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jh376 (2/24/06 5:00 PM) + / -
Hi Anonymous,

Can you tell me how you connected the external waste bottle to your printer? I have heard about a little waste tube inside the bottom of certain printers, and even a place where you can open up (or may drill into) the printer to drain this waste ink out of it.

I know that when you use a CISS you can dump a lot of ink into the printer.

Thanks!

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by FILA (2/26/06 5:43 PM) + / -
went to the ssc website got the download it worked to reset my r200 thanks again..

Re: Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (3/1/06 12:59 PM) + / -
Running a cleaning cycle or two can use up to 15% of your ink. If you only have 15% or less of your ink remaining in your cartridges you cannot run a cleaning cycle because you don't have enough ink to do it but you still have enough ink left to print. If you run a cartridge empty the printer will stop printing until you replace the empty cartridge. When you ran the claening routine even though your printer told you that you didn't have enough ink left to do so you most likely ran out of ink. You can fix it yourself by buying new ink cartridges.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (3/1/06 1:04 PM) + / -
I had the same problem. I had to remove the cartridges and also the circuit board in the carrier and clean the contacts. That fixed the problem.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (3/5/06 10:05 AM) + / -
Very easy
I have already done mine.
First you have to do a little modification. Look at this address for the instructions

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=51595&forum_id=40

Than you download a little program from this

http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe

it will reset the counter present on your R200 that stops your printer after a number of printing jobs (clever epson 's lot !)

it's really not difficult

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by PaulRIchy (3/30/06 2:22 PM) + / -

Epson r200 out of warrenty.. Turn on the ink and the paper lights are flashing one after another, ink light for a second and then paper light and then and then I think you get the picture. I cant do anything apart from turn it off, it isnt flashing fast can anyone help me please cd tray shut etc.

Thanks for any help..

Richy

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by speckles2 (4/8/06 6:32 AM) + / -
I have an Epson printer adjustment programme, if you need it just e.mail me at speckles2@ntlworld.com, and I will send you a zip copy of it. (I also recomment that you scan any zip file with a anit-virus programme before you open it, and that includes mine!).

What I did when I had the two red lights flashing back and forth
on my printer was to soak up all the excess ink in the pad on the right hand side of the printer where the catridge sits, (I understand that if you dont there is the risk of causing damage to the electric's)and then I used the above programme, and the printer is working fine now, it is in fact printing as I type.

I hope this helps.

Kya

Re: Reset an Epson R200?after reset by THINKER100x (4/16/06 6:32 PM) + / -
Hi everyone....Maybe you all know how to reset the waste ink pad but maybe after that it will go back again after 2 to 3 wekks...me...what i did after resetting is open my printer and clean the inkpad...and then i take out the hose (a little hose that was connected to my waste ink pad) then put it out on the back of my printer then connect a little bottle on it...then ow!!!!when i execute headcleaning...all ink that was wasted was put on the bottle and not inside my printer....whew....this i just reset my counter one time.....hope this well help.....

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by kilgortrout (4/17/06 2:09 PM) + / -
I have had the same above problems with my R200 and R220 printers. I have bought 5 of them in 1 year! Epson has a file on me and now refuses to even talk to me. I call and insist that they give me and the public the reset programs and they insist that the programs do not exist. I have tlaked to the repair center here in NC and was given some minor tips like putting a whole set of new ink carts in the printer, which will reset it and turn off the blinking lights. The tech also told me that the blinking lights also indicate a blown main board. He explained that when a new set of ink carts do not reset the printer they normally replace the main board (he may have been b'sssn me)!!I have had carts leak and cause my printers to go out and I have successfully reset them with new carts. But now I have 2 R200 printers that will just feed paper then give me the paper jam light. I say we all get together and find a lawyer for a class-action suit against Epson. Anyone of you out there a lawyer? There are other forums with people who are having the same problems and Epson is laughing all the way to the bank at us. We are being ripped off by a corporate Jerk-off company that could care less. We need to stand together and tell them that they have met their match and get some action going here.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by bobthebuilder66 (4/22/06 1:07 PM) + / -
I want to print a black and white document but my R200 won't let me because it has no "Light Cyan" ink.

POS.

Epson are scum.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (4/28/06 1:55 AM) + / -
Hi, I had the Two red leds flashing in sync very fast (Probably about every .1 of a second) I tried software resetters, etc but no avail, numerous resets etc. Do you know what cured it?
I lifted up the lid and blew really hard into the works!
Perhaps there was dust on an optical sensor, anyway it's printing away happily now. Perhaps just a quick blow with an compressed air line (careful of the pressure though you could damage things) will solve some of these problems. Also blow down the paper feed for good measure.
Good luck

Fatal error 3 on an Epson R200 by Anonymous (4/30/06 3:49 AM) + / -
My R220 had two flashing red lights on top. I reset the protection counter as in my earlier thread and the printer seemed fine. At this point I did not change or modify the waste tube. Next day the red flashing lights came back. So ....

OK, I have taken the time and used the following directions as posted earlier by someone else.

On the left rear of these printers is a small trapdoor held by a single screw.

Remove it, look inside (down and to your left) and you'll see the waste ink tube.

The tube is free at one end, and with a suitably curved piece of wire you can hook it and wangle the end out through the opening (you may dislodge a small piece of plastic in the process -- just put it back where it was, it's only a vibration damper.)

At this point, you're almost there.

All you need now is a suitable container for the waste ink, and to file a small slot in the trapdoor cover so you can put it back without pinching the tube (or you could just lave it off.)

The container in the photo is a small square one with a snap-on lid, approx. 60mm square and holding about 150ml -- they're sold in sets of three for a few cents and are for making ice-blocks etc. in your freezer.

Make a hole in the lid as shown (slightly larger than the tube to let air escape) insert the tube and forget about the internal pads forever.

-- There was a piece of foam just inside and below the opening. There was a length of clear tubing just below this foam which, when using a metal coat hanger bent in the right way was easy to lift up. This tubing was visible between this piece of foam to the left and another piece of foam to the right. I lifted this tubing up from in between these two pieces of foam.

-- I have now completed this process and reset the protection counter using the SSC Utility as mentioned earlier. After that, I turned off the printer and then turned it back on. Both of the red lights started flashing again. I noticed that while using the utility that the ink levels all show about zero. There is lots of ink in all cartridges (CIS). Also when it is starting up, the printer makes a rather funny "gasping" sound . Not sure what to do now. Any ideas? Looking forward to a trouble-free printer sometime down the road ...

I am "thinking" about going back and putting the tube back in and changing the ink waste pad (or cleaning it) and then changing the pad again on a regular basis to correct this problem. I will wait until I see another response here before I do anything more....

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by kilgortrout (5/24/06 3:41 PM) + / -
Well my r220 has now started flashing the right 2 lights and telling me that the paper is miss feeding. I called Epson since this one is under warranty and they are sending me a new(rebuilt) printer. I spent another hour putting them thru hell about their crappy printers and trying desperately to get them to repair my 2 R200 printers which are both flashing lights and not working. Thay give me the usual, "these printers are out of warranty and we cannot help you". My R220 will be out of warranty in 6 months and I am sure they will replace it at least 1 more time before then, they have allready replaced it once before, I have recieved 2 class action lawsuits concerning these printers and I am sure that these are only the beginning of Epsons legal problems. I say we all get together, find an attorney and put together another class action law suit against Epson for purposely manufacturing faulty products, they admit to me when I call them and its about time they are held responsible for this. This problem is the only one that cannot be repaired here.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous! (6/28/06 7:09 PM) + / -
Whew I fixed it. I had the 2 light thing going on here too. I fixed it in 2 steps.
1. It indeed was the ink waste pad. I did the steps of the link to stevesforum.com - make a new waste ink outlit.

2. Downloaded a program, which I can't remember what site at the moment that fixed it. I ran it, it diagonosed that it was a waste ink problem. It said that it was at 101% use, then resetted it back to 1%, and the devilish blinking red lights went away, yay!

Now to a new problem of mine if anyone can help: my paper feeding tray won't feed my paper correctly. It'll feed the right corner a little bit, then the paper pops out again. Not sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dons.temp@gmail.com is the email you can contact me with. No attachments!

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by mandamo (6/29/06 11:17 PM) + / -
this is the address for ssc service to reset ya printer,
hope is helpful, regarding paper feed i had this problem for about aweek, i lost my temper in the end and turned it upside down and shook it and hey presto it worked,gods knows these flippy r200 are too tempremental, someone sort it out !!!! lololol

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by GER i (7/5/06 11:00 AM) + / -
Hi peeps i ve spent the last two months trying to restet this e[son R200 and no joy does anyone want the Fr^^^ng thing lol

thank for all you help out there bu no joy at the end of it so going out to get drunk instead

cheers geri

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (7/24/06 9:58 PM) + / -
clean sensor under carriage with duster

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by tigerjonny (8/8/06 9:08 AM) + / -
hi guys i have succesfully resetted my r200 thatnks to this thread , i am now worried about the waste ink level , i did have a video footage of how to to sort it from a continuous ink place , i bought the continues ink system as my kid prints alot of pictures and it a hell of alot cheaper , the footage showed me attaching a tube and putting tube in a bottle or something , is this correct or can anyone help me empty the waste or cant i

thanks for your helps ones again

tigerjonny

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Art P (8/9/06 9:08 PM) + / -
Just inherited an R200. No instruction NADA.. Works just fine but I am confused about this waste ink thing. I looked all over the internet and can't find a thing about it. I would like to see a complete instruction manual that describes the problems everyone is talking about e.g. resetting, waste ink whatever.

Please help me ..

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (8/9/06 9:21 PM) + / -
Use the search button. There is lots of information.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Wes (edited 8/9/06 9:38 PM) + / -
If you need the users manual/drivers you can download them at the Epson website. Just go to the epson web site and click on drivers and support. Use the SSC service uitility ot reset the protection counter.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Art P (8/10/06 11:21 AM) + / -
Thanks .. I've tried that but I can only open HTM file .. for some reason the PDF files only give me a blank screen.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Art P (8/10/06 11:25 AM) + / -
Thanks,
.. I found what I was looking for..

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by francesco (8/14/06 6:42 AM) + / -
I must reset mi Epson r 200 fatal error.
It is possible?
Tanks

Re: Reset an Epson R210? by uni (8/15/06 6:11 AM) + / -
please tell me how to get a reset service live for epson R10

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (8/16/06 10:56 AM) + / -
hi i have epson r220, in month i print 2000 papers, after thet my Epson not work. "servis recuired".
Please if you no haw i to reset thel my.
Meybi i nead sam sowdwer or im so stuped and i downr now wat. Answer my please (Sory for my English).
thenks eniwey.

Re: Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by jacklee (8/27/06 4:15 AM) + / -
hi just add me to msn and i can try and help you jacklee366@hotmail.com

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (8/27/06 10:31 AM) + / -
Download the SSC service utility. Install and configute it then reset the protection counter.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (9/3/06 10:20 AM) + / -
Hi
I have an epson C64, I have been using compatible inks no trouble, suddenly there is a message on screen
"printer has come to the end of life contact supplier"
is there a fix for this problem?
thanks
harry h

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by MikeRose (9/16/06 6:06 AM) + / -
HELP ME , does any one out there have the reset for the ink waste on a disc???????????
The lights are flashing back and forth ,back and forth.
PLease Help Me
Epson eas rude and Hateful about this .
I have 2 printers that are just sitting there
HELP

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by mcprinter (9/16/06 3:53 PM) + / -
Service manual and reset software on this link.
I have tried them and they work.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/21163/Epson_R200.html

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by leemax (9/17/06 11:22 AM) + / -
I found the PDF version of the service manual here:

http://www.timtaylor.net/Tech_Stuff.htm

Lee

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (9/25/06 7:25 AM) + / -
Hi, I have a similar problem to yours. I visited the www.resetters.com link and I found it was in Russian.
I canīt understand it, can you direct me to the appropriate place to download the ink reset utility?
Thanks
John

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (10/6/06 4:04 PM) + / -
This is an awsome thread. I got the maintenance soon message, then the fast blinking lights. Using the program found at http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html, I was able to reset the protection counter on my R200. You have to minimize the app after it launches then right click on the icon in the system tray, then choose "Protection counter" > reset. Cycle power on printer and off you go.

I've also used the waste ink mod found at stevesdigicams.

THANKS.

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by Anonymous (10/6/06 4:06 PM) + / -
Sorry about the link in the last post, I had a comma at the end. Here it is again:

Another R220 bites the dust by kilgortrout (10/17/06 3:04 PM) + / -
Well I have gone thru another R220 printer. It has been 3 months since Epson replaced my last R220. I have given up on refilling my carts and bought new carts every time. Well I just put a new yellow cart in the printer and pressed the ink button, the printer went nuts and told that the ink carts were all bad and not recognized. The printer will not work now. It is under warranty and Epson is now sending me an R360 replacement. This will be the 3rd replacement they have sent me on this warranty. I have decided to spend $30 and get an extended warranty on this printer since my warranty runs out in 2 months. What the hell if epson builds them to break down, then let them replace them for the next 3 years. It beats trying to do all the things that this web site asks you to do. Update: I just took my cart resetter and reset all the carts in the printer to full. The printer came to life and works now. You would think that Epson Tech's would be able to tell me to do something like this B4 just sending me a new printer. I still believe that this printer wil break in a few weeks. So typical of these printers and Epson.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by AlienSteve (10/17/06 4:36 PM) + / -
Dang! It keeps giving me an error, won't let me download it.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by mickhooper (10/23/06 9:29 AM) + / -
Hi

You once posted an answer to resetting an epson printer and gave a site called resetters.com. I went to the site but it's all in Ukrane. do you know where the download link is.

Any help would be very much appeciated.

Regards
Mick

Re: Reset an Epson R200? by epsonfan2 (11/9/06 8:31 AM) + / -
Have you checked the epson r200 manual or user's guide? http://www.manualshark.org/p/epson-2/epson-stylus-photo-r200-284/ that may help. for other epson printers look at http://www.manualshark.org/b/epson-2/ . i hope this helps.

Re: Re: Reset an Epson R200? by simon.boyd4 (11/24/06 11:23 AM) + / -
I NEED TO Reset MY R200 PRINTER

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters