fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP G85 Error Code

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP G85 Error Code by Thomas (10/29/04 2:05 AM) reply + / -
Hi all

as usually HP couldnít help. Maybe you can -:)

I have an error code f01304a0 in my display. Any idea how i can fix this ?

I did allready a reset without success

Cheers, Thomas

Re: HP G85 Error Code by Bert (10/29/04 12:47 PM) reply + / -
No luck finding your specific code on HP's web site.
h10025.www1.hp.com

For what it's worth, here is what I did to clear a different 'stubborn' error.

OfficeJet G85 C00F0401 Error

Press and hold buttons 6 and # on the telephone keypad while plugging in the power. A successful reset will cause the display to ask for the preferred language.

If this doesn't clear the error, unplug the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) cable in the rear and the LIU (Line Interface Unit). To remove the LIU, remove the T20 Torx screw on the left, as viewed from the rear, and the LIU and its cover can be easily removed. Do the procedure above.

Re: HP G85 Error Code by Anonymous (11/11/04 6:54 PM) reply + / -
alian failed g85

Officejet G85 and G95 drivers by mrg (11/19/04 8:59 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

Do you have a HP G85 or G95?

I am trying to collect all versions of the original HP CD ROMs that came with these units. I want Linux, Windows and Mac versions. Please look for your CD ROM that came with your Officejet.

Tell me what version do you have ?
I know there probally was no HP CD ROM for Linux. But I still need working CD ROM copies.

Please if you have an original HP Officejet CD ROM from a G95 or G95, CONTACT ME.

Can you burn me a copy ? Willing to pay your costs.

Please do not reply and tell me to go to the HP website. I already have all HP driver downloads, I NEED copies from ORIGINAL HP CD roms only.

Please Mail in a box not an envelope , to:

HP Officejet Driver collection
P.O. Box 491
Cudahy, Wis, 53110

Please reply,

Jay

Computer@wi.rr.com

Sincerely,

MRGCAV@hotmail.com

Re: HP G85 Error Code by cat (11/24/04 6:06 PM) reply + / -
I put a new cartridge into my printer this morning and it wouldn't work. (I'd previously taken it out of hte box and let it sit around my desk. Not smart, but I didn't think I'd have a problem.) So finally to put hte old one back in and it didn't want to accept that one either!

Now, after printing things, I am getting a "press enter to align cartridges" error code, again and again and again. Got suggestions?

thanks!

moretoastplease@yahoo.com

Re: HP G85 Error Code by Bert (11/24/04 7:36 PM) reply + / -
Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol.

If the cartridges are making good electrical contact with the carriage, you should only get the "press enter to align cartridges" message when you change a cartridge. Keep in mind that black and yellow must be printing to align the cartridges. If the message continues, repost because there are some other issues that may have to be delt with.

Tip: Always remove paper jams through the rear access door to avoid damaging the print mechanism.

Officejet G85 and G95 drivers by Mrgcav (7/24/05 8:51 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

Do you have a HP G85 or G95?

I need the G95 version 3.10 most of all.

I am trying to collect all versions of the original HP CD ROMs that came with these units. I want Linux, Windows and Mac versions. Please look for your CD ROM that came with your Officejet.

Tell me what version do you have ?
I know there probally was no HP CD ROM for Linux. But I still need working CD ROM copies.

Please if you have an original HP Officejet CD ROM from a G95 or G95, CONTACT ME.

Can you burn me a copy ? Willing to pay your costs.

Please do not reply and tell me to go to the HP website. I already have all HP driver downloads, I NEED copies from ORIGINAL HP CD roms only.

Please Mail in a box not an envelope , to:

HP Officejet Driver collection
P.O. Box 491
Cudahy, Wis, 53110

Please reply,

Jay

Re: Re: HP G85 Error Code by Anonymous (10/4/07 12:44 AM) reply + / -
Re Error c00f0401 -

Thanks Bert - you are a star in the firmament of the IT world!! The 6 + # thing worked a treat, but only on my umpteenth attempt! What seemed to make it work was taking off the back access thing & replacing, then unplugging all the cables and plugging them back in again before doing the 6 + #! Why this should be, I've no idea, but you have saved me a bill and/or loads of stick from my husband!
I feel particularly aggrieved, since the error came up in the first place after following instructions on the hp site about correcting skewed printing!

Re: HP G85 Error Code by Anonymous (10/20/07 11:57 PM) reply + / -
I am installing a deskjet D series printer #1420 and I get "fatal error code: 17893587" HP was no help.

Re: HP G85 Error Code by Rizlam (11/16/07 7:42 AM) reply + / -
Hi there

Found this site on yahoo - sorted my printer perfectly using 6 and hash. Cheers!

Riz

Re: Re: HP G85 Error Code by grantl (12/20/07 3:27 PM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem.

I've cleaned the contacts with alcohol, but the problem persists.

I'm going crazy with this.

Re: HP G85 Error Code by Bert (12/20/07 6:39 PM) reply + / -
If the cartridges won't align there is two possibilities, either a defective cartridge(s) or a defective spot sensor.

To bypass the cartridge alignment press and hold the Enter button, and then press Menu.

Cartridge problems
Verify that ink can flow from the cartridge(s) by blotting the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. You should see all of the colors (color cartridge: yellow, magenta, and cyan) that are supposed to be in it flowing freely. If you do not, in spite of ink being in the cartridge it is defective.

Spot Sensor
Open the printer as if a cartridge is going to be changed. When the carriage centers, unplug the power. There is a cover on the right side of the carriage that is held in place by one T10 Torx head screw. Remove the cover and examine the small printed circuit board inside. A rectangular lens should be on the bottom edge. If it is missing, the circuit board will have to be replaced. (Remove paper jams through the rear cleanout door to avoid damaging the spot sensor.) The HP P/N is C6426-60013, $19.00 online.

Re: HP G85 Error Code by JustAGuy (2/1/08 11:37 AM) reply + / -
had the won't align problem when changing out the black cartridge on the G85, and sure enough, changing the color one as well fixed the problem.

Strange that it wouldn't just tell you the color cartridge is low and only let you know in this round about way once you change the black one.

Hope this feedback helps someone.

Re: HP G85 Error Code by jdrolls (3/6/08 7:13 PM) reply + / -
So, black won't print on my G85. I've cleaned the print cartidges and changed the black cartridge without sucess, verified that ink flows out of both with a damp paper towel, but still can't get the black cartridge to print at all. Any thoughts?

Re: HP G85 Error Code by Bert (3/6/08 8:54 PM) reply + / -
I assume that no black is showing on the alignment page but the three colors are and the printer continuously wants to align the cartridges. If you are using refilled cartridges it is possible that you have multiple bad cartridges, or the black cartridge print nozzles are being clogged by a dirty service station, or there is an electronic failure.

Changing Both Cartridges by Logston (9/26/08 8:34 PM) reply + / -

Your tip about changing both cartridges helped me. Don't think I would have figured it out on my own. I thought I had a defective color cartridge until I put in a new black one as well. Thanks!

Re: HP G85 Error Code--c00f0401 IT WORKED!!! by Dr. Campbell (11/20/08 2:18 PM) reply + / -
Bert I can't thank you enough! You saved me a big expense and a whole lot of trouble. Your fix for the HPG85 error code C00F0401 worked PERFECTLY!!! I too, found that it took about a billion tries before it worked. I would have given up but I read down further to a posting where someone else said they had to try a billion times so I thought I'd try a few more times. And only ONE MORE TRY and it WORKED! Note that I didn't even have to take of the auto feeder tray or take out any cables--I just kept the * and 6 button method while plugging it back in. (Actually, I finally left the computer plugged in and just kept up holding the * 6 down). It's interesting that the printer then showed a message" Phone Off The Hook for a few cycles of printing before it went away and everything went back to normal.
I'm a Computer Science college professor and me and my students are thankful for your posting. I was in the process of preparing a document that would make their Access Assignment a lot easier to do when my printer went down. Thanks again! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!! Dr. Campbell

HP G85 PRINTER ERROR CODE C00F0401 (the ANSWER) by Dr. Campbell (3/3/09 1:08 PM) reply + / -
I've read many postings to fix this problem by: plug in, un plug, do #5, or #6 or #9 and/or remove cables etc. and so on. And I'm sure that they worked for some users. And one of those fixes worked for me one time, so thanks to all of you who posted those fixes. However, that fix I used didn't work the last time the problem surfaced again.

I had this problem about a year ago and (thanks to a posting I found that the #9 trick worked. However recently I accidentally hit the power off switch on my power strip and, you guessed it, as soon as the G85 cam on so did that error code. So it was back to trying that #9 a billion times---but--it didn't work. So this time I did the following: 1.) Printer off. 2.) With your left hand, hold down simultaneously the 5 6 9 and # keys and rythmicaly press those keys up and down, and up and down (at the rate of about 3 times a second). 3.) At the SAME TIME with a finger from your right hand keep pressing the on/off button (at the rate of about 3 times a second), until the INITILIZING light stays of steady. Then let go of everything and let it initialize itself. NOTE: Once it appeared to be initialized I pressed the COPY button to see it it worked--it did. Then I tried printing a copy from the computer and it worked.

I've done it a couple of times in recent months and it works every time. I'm REALLY hoping it works for you because I know how frustrating the problem is. Besides that G85 has been a WORKHORSE. It got me thru my PhD and I printed 10 copies of my 600 page dissertation on it (6,000 pages!!) and it always worked like a champ.

Best wishes. Please let me know if it worked for you. Send me an email at: doctoreducation@hotmail.com

Posted March 2, 2009

Re: HP G85 Error Code by MichaelPad (4/28/10 5:01 PM) reply + / -
Hi There

Had the G85 for a few years now and always wored fine. Now when I print it says the status is Idle and can not figure how to change that. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

HP G85 Error Code by mparegian (11/26/10 11:10 PM) reply + / -
Neither Dr. Campbell's method nor any method has worked thus far for -- see below:

REMOVE AND CHECK COLOR CARTRIDGE: I have searched numerous forums including this one and tried all remedies suggested including installing a new color cartridge - holding down the # and 6 button, etc. to reset - nothing works - the "Remove and Check Color Cartridge" error code remains------nothing I did caused this to happen - one day I just noticed it was saying that on the front message. I have had this printer for many years obviously and paid a small fortune for it when new. It has had a couple of other issues which I easily repaired so I feel that I should be able to address this issue on such an extremely expensive machine.....any help I can get would be appreciated.

Re: HP G85 Error Code by moe (11/27/10 3:25 PM) reply + / -
Not much else you can do. Sometimes those errors can be difficult to fix. I had an officejet in the shop once that was complaining about a cartridge. I had an identical printer in that was waiting to be picked up. I swapped cartridges between them and they both were happy. Swapped them back and the printer complained again. Another time I had one that was complaining about the color cartridge. Replaced it and it still complained. Replaced the black cartridge and it fixed it. Don't remember the models involved, but HP's method of sensing is probably the same throughout their lineup.
You're on the same coast as we are, just a couple hours up the 5. If you want to drive down to Redondo Beach, I've got one of those that was left on our doorstep one day with a massive leak. I cleaned it up and restored it to a salable condition. I'd let it go cheap if you can't get yours working.

HP G85 Error Code Remove and Check Color Cartridge by mparegian (11/27/10 9:08 PM) reply + / -
Thank you very much for responding moe - I wasn't sure I'd get a response on a thread this old. I have checked so many different things to try - absolutely everything that was suggested by everyone and nothing has worked. What I finally did was what was suggested by someone that I open the copier - then unplug it from the back - then close it up and re-insert the electrical cord and at the same time hold down the "on" button for at least 10 seconds. Then power it up again. As usual there was nothing different - but he also said to just wait as it often takes a long time. I left for the day and when I got home the machine once again appears to be normal - so for now it is working. Also thanks for the offer to purchase the one you were able to going - but I'm thinking I've had this one forever and it will eventually come up with a problem that can't be fixed - so I think I would rather have a new one at that point that continue on with this particularly frustrating model. I think it was one of the very first four in one machines that were built at least it was the first one I remember seeing back then and since then there have been some really good improvements. I'd rather have one of the new ones....thanks again.

Re: HP G85 Error Code Remove and Check Color Cartridge by moe (11/27/10 10:46 PM) reply + / -
Before you do buy one of the "new" ones, check the reviews on Amazon. One horror story after another. I regularly see them. Can't fix most of them since being considered "disposable", there are no parts available. You're lucky to get one year out of them before they fail.

Re: HP G85 Error Code by mparegian (11/27/10 10:49 PM) reply + / -
Thanks moe - hopefully I won't need one for awhile since my old HPG85 seems to be working fine once again. Thanks.... but I definitely will check all reviews before getting a new one down the road....

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters