fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson CX6400 printer

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson CX6400 printer by C A Hilliard (9/28/04 7:32 PM) reply + / -
Printer will print odd numbers but will not print even numbers
(Printing to two sides of paper)

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (9/29/04 9:33 AM) reply + / -
C.A.Hilliard: Your printer receives its DATA for printing jobs, directly from your Computer System [unless doing a copy]. I would guess that its something in the software program that you are printing from, such as a setting, but no way to know. Most Epson Authorized Service Dealers are not actually trained on the newer "CX" models. Those models are so new that I have not even seen one that was not actually under warranty still. Epson Company does not even allow their dealers to work on the "CX" Models under warranty. They simply send a Replacement Printer in exchange for the defective unit thats under warranty and the defctive printer is then sent back to Epson. I'm sorry, but I can't really tell you what may be causing the possible problem, but you can always contact the "Epson Technical Support Department" for possiblw help. At least that way you are dealing with a technician thats trained on your particular model, by Epson Company. To see available phone numbers for technical support, go on-line to Epson @ " www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. If your printer is out of warranty, you will need a credit card, before the technicians can help you, because there is a charge for technical support over the phone. You can also e-mail the "Epson Technical Support Department", for possible free help or advice, at www.epson.com and then click-on "Proceed With E-Mail". They state on their web-site, that they "will respond via e-mail within 1 business day"...OTHER THAN THAT: Its always possible that the Printer Drivers may have become corrupted and could be causing possible problems. You can always delete your printer and then download the latest available drivers from the Epson Home Page at http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp . As drivers are FREE, I usually recommend trying those first if you have a possible communication problem. Bad or corrupted drivers can cause many problems. "DEINSTALL" [remove] your old drivers/printer first and then go to the "EPSON.COM" web-site. Click -on your particular area, where you live [example: USA]. Then click-on "DRIVERS AND SUPPORT" and then click-on your particular type of Epson Printer [example: INKJET]. Look under the "Ink Jet Printers" for your "Epson Stylus CX6400" and click-on it. Once the "DOWNLOAD PAGE" opens, read the INFORMATION to locate your particular SYSTEM [Win's 95,98,ME,2000.etc.] and then click-on it. Follow the directions and read all the available information concerning your systems driver downloads. Finally at the bottom of the page, click-on "Printer Software Installation for Windows ___ [Epson Printers]", or the "Download" option button. After the downloading utility opens, read the download information available, make your choices and complete the installation...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Wm. Lang (10/4/04 2:32 PM) reply + / -
Last month I restored the original software to my PC. Up to that time my Epson CX6400 had functioned well.
Now it does not print. When I try to print from an application program such as a word processor, the printer does not respond. The Status Monitor displays "Searching" for several seconds, then the message "Communication Error!" appears.
The scanner scans. The copier copies.
I have removed and reloaded the printer software numerous times with the same results.
I have followed the instructions on the Epson Web site, still no difference.
I have spoken to an Epson Tech support person, (no toll free number to Toronto, Canada) but he reiterated the same info as on the Web Site.
I would like to find have the hardware checked out, but am unable to locate an Epson service center in southern Connecticut.
This unit is still under warranty.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (10/4/04 2:53 PM) reply + / -
Wm: Communication Errors are seldom caused by the actual printer. Its usually caused by either a failing Printer Cable, corrupted Printer Drivers, or problems in the actual Computer System itself. On most Epson Printers you can usually run an "Internal Epson Self-Test Page" to determine whether a problem comes from the printer itself or possibly from your Computer System. Of course if there are actually any Red Error Lights/Leds, already showing on your printer, that would indicate that there is already a problem in your printer. Not all Epson Printers are always the same, but the following information applies to most models. If this self-test does not actually work on your particular printer, then you should refer to your "User's Manual/Owners Manual" for the correct procedure on how to run your printers self-test page. First unhook/unplug the printer cable from the back or side of the printer. Leave the power cord still plugged in to the wall and leave the paper loaded, as normal. Turn the printer off for 10 seconds or so, to clear out any remaining DATA or Information that may still have been in the printers system, from when the computer was previously connected. Normally [on most models] you turn the printer off and then you simply reach over and hold-in on the Paper Button, while you reach over and turn the Power Button back on, as normal. Continue to hold in on the paper button for about 3 to 5 seconds, but release the power button after turning your printer on. Release the paper button once you can hear and see the printer starting to initialize and start to pull-in a piece of paper. The printer will normally print out the Internal Epson Self-Test Copy, which will also have a Nozzle Test on it. If that test fails, or cannot actually be ran because the "Red Error Lights" come on, then you know that there is an actual problem in the printer. Depending on the combination of which lights are on SOLID, or FLASHING or OFF, will actually indicate the possible Service Error Condition. ON THE OTHER HAND: If everything is working correctly in the printers Paper Feed Assembly, Carriage Assembly/Cartridge Assembly and the Printhead Assembly, then the self-test copy should be printed out and correctly fed thru the printer. If the self-test page prints out correctly and the nozzle test looks ok, then that indicates that your printer thinks it is working normally [as far as the self-test goes]. This does not mean your printer may not be dirty, or have another service related problem, or possibly even nearly empty ink cartridges. If your printer is working ok, then your problem could be in your Computer System/PC: bad drivers, bad printer cable, bad software, incorrect internal PC settings, possible hardware/parts problems, possible virus, etc...If there is actually a problem in your printer and your printer is still under its origional Factory Warranty, then there's no charge to talk to the "Epson Technical Support Department". That way you are talking directly with a technician, that is actually trained by Epson Company on your particular printer. To see available phone numbers for technical support and replacement parts ordering, go on-line to Epson @ " www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. Unfortunatly, there is probably not an actual toll free number available, as most of the larger Printer Manufactors have dropped the 800 numbers. If your printer is out of warranty, you will need a credit card, before the technicians can help you, because there is a charge for technical support over the phone. If they are unable to actually help you over the phone and your printer is under warranty, then you can call the "Epson Connection", at 1-562-276-1300 and file a Warranty Claim. Epson normally offers a WHOLE UNIT EXCHANGE on most ink jet style printers that fail under warranty, but you may need to provide "Proof Of Purchase" [origional sales receipt or invoice] to complete that warranty claim...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by tulli (10/11/04 10:07 AM) reply + / -
I am having the exact same problem as WM. Lang above. My printer is working ok in itself but giving a communication error when trying to connet to the computer. It is not a cable problem as the card reader is still being connected and the computer does warn me that is disconnected each time i remove the cable.

Anybody experiencing the same?

Tulli

Epson 3000 (what's my next step?) by Giles vanderHolt (10/17/04 8:06 AM) reply-1 + / -
My black ink was printing inconsistantly and many attempts at cleaning has proven unsuccessful. I bought a cleaning cartridge and put it into the black slot and printed until the page came out clear. I put in the black cartridge and cleaned and printed to no avail. Thinking that it's a matter of ink not going all the way through, I removed all the cartridges, shut off the printer there by flushing all the ink out. Restarted for 10 secs, shut off, then reinserted the inks back into the slots. A few minutes elasped with the printer filling up the lines. And now the black does not print at all even after many cleaning attempts and printing full pages of black.
I have an epson 3000 manual I picked up off the net and am thinking of using it to take apart the printer and clean the black print head manually.
or
Somebody could give me a list of epson techs in the Mississauga/Toronto area that can fix this thing.
I had one tech quote me $100. Too much for my blood. Is that a reasonable quote?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (10/18/04 10:12 AM) reply + / -
Giles: As an "Authorized Epson Service Dealor", I would have to say that if that tech can actually fix your "3000" for $100.00, then its a very good deal. Because I am not trained on the 3000 and seldom actual see one, the company I work for only sends the 3000 back to the Epson Repair Facility in Indiana for repairs. Epson Company charges one flat rate to repair the 3000, even if it requires new Printheads, or other parts to be replaced. With shipping & handling charges, that may run from $300 to $350. So $100 is cheap, considering most labor charges run around $60.00 /- an hour, plus parts. I would guess that the printheads alone will probably cost more than $100...Denny Conway

Re: Epson Rx 600 by JamesCasteel (10/21/04 4:16 PM) reply + / -
My printer does not print I was makeing copy of recipes and it just quit print Can you tell me what could be wrong with it

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (10/21/04 4:36 PM) reply + / -
James: We need a little more information to go on. Are there any Red Lights on your printer, that are on SOLID or FLASHING, that could indicate a possible Service Error Condition? Did you get any bad jams? Was there any strange noises coming from the printer?...Try this test: On most Epson Printers you can usually run an "Internal Epson Self-Test Page" to determine whether a problem comes from the printer itself or possibly from your Computer System. Unfortunatly, I am not trained on, or framiliar with the newer Epson Printers. Most Epson Dealers are not actually trained by Epson Company, on their newer lines of printers. Of course if there are actually any Red Error Lights/Leds, already showing on your printer, that would indicate that there is already a problem in your printer. Not all Epson Printers are always the same, but the following information applies to most models. If this self-test does not actually work on your particular printer, then you should refer to your "User's Manual/Owners Manual" for the correct procedure on how to run your printers self-test page. First unhook/unplug the printer cable from the back or side of the printer. Leave the power cord still plugged in to the wall and leave the paper loaded, as normal. Turn the printer off for 10 seconds or so, to clear out any remaining DATA or Information that may still have been in the printers system, from when the computer was previously connected. Normally [on most models] you turn the printer off and then you simply reach over and hold-in on the Paper Button, while you reach over and turn the Power Button back on, as normal. Continue to hold in on the paper button for about 3 to 5 seconds, but release the power button after turning your printer on. Release the paper button once you can hear and see the printer starting to initialize and start to pull-in a piece of paper. The printer will normally print out the Internal Epson Self-Test Copy, which will also have a Nozzle Test on it. If that test fails, or cannot actually be ran because the "Red Error Lights" come on, then you know that there is an actual problem in the printer. Depending on the combination of which lights are on SOLID, or FLASHING or OFF, will actually indicate the possible Service Error Condition. ON THE OTHER HAND: If everything is working correctly, then the self-test copy should be printed out and correctly fed thru the printer. If the self-test page prints out correctly and the nozzle test looks ok, then that indicates that your printer thinks it is working normally [as far as the self-test goes]. If your printer is working ok, then your problem could be in your Computer System/PC: bad drivers, bad printer cable, bad software, incorrect internal PC settings, possible hardware/parts problems, possible virus, etc...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Epson CX6400 printer by Mary (10/23/04 6:05 PM) reply+1 + / -
Printer is not printing! It goes through all the steps as if it will be shooting out a paper loaded with information but the paper is empty. I bought new ink cartridges, and nothing. I don't think it's the connection to the computer, because I tried just scanning a pic and printing it directly without using the computer and it's not printing anything out.
Any help!?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (10/25/04 10:25 AM) reply+1 + / -
Mary: First be sure that you remembered to remove the Yellow Pull Tape off the new ink cartridges that you installed, or they will not actually work...As your printer is a fairly new model, if it is still under its origional Factory Warranty, then there's no charge to talk to the "Epson Technical Support Department". That way you are talking directly with a technician, that is actually trained by Epson Company on your particular printer [I'm sorry, but I am not trained on the newer "CX" models]. To see available phone numbers for technical support and replacement parts ordering, go on-line to Epson @ " www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. If your printer is out of warranty, you will need a credit card, before the technicians can help you, because there is a charge for technical support over the phone. If they are unable to actually help you over the phone and your printer is under warranty, then you can call the "Epson Connection", at 1-562-276-1300 and file a Warranty Claim. Epson normally offers a WHOLE UNIT EXCHANGE on most ink jet style printers that fail under warranty, but you may need to provide "Proof Of Purchase" [origional sales receipt or invoice] to complete that warranty claim...Unfortunatly, there has been a re-occuring Hardware/Parts Failure that has been reported on some of the newer "CX" models. It seems like most of the problems are not actually related to clogging, or even a bad or empty ink cartridge, but is usually more of a Hardware/Parts Failure, but no way for me to really know. It seems to happen most of the time, just by simply repacing the ink cartridges, as normal. It has been reported that several "CX" owners and others, have discovered a tiny hose has come off the Pumping Assembly deep inside the printer. This is causing a loss of vacuum, which in turn is resulting in no ink printing. I know this information does not really give you that much to go on, but I felt you should know about other peoples reports, just in case it happens to apply in your case...Denny Conway

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Eddy (10/25/04 10:43 AM) reply + / -
There is no yellow, or any other colour, tape to remove on the ink cartridges for the CX6400.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Mary (10/25/04 11:26 AM) reply + / -
To Denny and Eddy...
Thank you for your help! Denny, as Eddy pointed out there are no yellow tape to be removed, but it would have been good. I actually called the tech support line and ran about a hundred tests and discovered that I needed a new printer. Luckily my warranty was until January, so I'm not paying for anything. Phew! Thank you all for all of your help!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (10/25/04 12:36 PM) reply + / -
Mary: You are welcome and I'm glad that Epson is actually replacing your printer for you. I'm sorry about not knowing about that yellow tape, but just to let you know: Most Epson Authorized Service Dealers are not actually trained on the newer "CX" & "R" models. Those models are so new that I have not even seen the "CX6400" model and have never actually worked on any of the newer "CX" or "R" series of printers. Epson Company does not even allow their dealers to work on the "CX" or "R" models, that are under warranty. They simply send a Replacement Printer [like they are doing for you] in exchange for the defective unit thats under warranty and the defctive printer is then sent back to Epson...Denny Conway

C62 epson printer by kim (11/24/04 4:59 PM) reply + / -
My printer will not print it just makes a noise, it is only six months old and I have just started to print things. It comes back with an error to check connections, I have done that and it doesn't work, it was working fine. How can it just stop working without being used hardly?
Please e mail me back with an answer

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (11/24/04 5:12 PM) reply + / -
Kim: It sounds like your printer may actually have a Hardware/Parts failure or problem, but no way to really know. If your printer is only six months old, then it should still be under its origional Factory Warranty. If so, then there's no charge to talk to the "Epson Technical Support Department". That way you are talking directly with a technician, that is actually trained by Epson Company on your particular printer. To see available phone numbers for technical support and replacement parts ordering, go on-line to Epson @ " www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. If your printer is out of warranty, you will need a credit card, before the technicians can help you, because there is a charge for technical support over the phone...If they are unable to actually help you over the phone and your printer is under warranty, then you can call the "Epson Connection", at 1-562-276-1300 and file a Warranty Claim. Epson normally offers a WHOLE UNIT EXCHANGE on most ink jet style printers that fail under warranty, but you may need to provide "Proof Of Purchase" [origional sales receipt or invoice] to complete that warranty claim...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Craig (11/29/04 10:15 AM) reply+3 + / -
I'm beginning to feel very dissatisfied with my Epson CX6400... I'm having a similar problem to someone above, only my magenta doesn't print instead of the black. I ran the head cleaning routine a half dozen times to no avail.

I enjoy the generic ink, it's much cheaper, and I do not notice a quality loss, but when this occurred I suddenly pondered, "Perhaps there is a reason why my printer harasses me every time I print to remove the generic ink and replace it with ‘Quality Epson Durabright Ink’. “ … So I opened the printer and looked at the inkers, Black, Yellow and Cyan were all generic, and the only cartridge that was Epson was the magenta (and I’ve never used a generic magenta cartridge).

I have replaced the inker (though it was half full) with a generic cartridge, but it still does not print magenta. I’m one year and four days past the purchase date of the printer, so I’m sure that nothing is covered (since most are just 6 months).

From the base price stated earlier to fix this type of problem: shipping, parts, and service charges, $100 being cheap, and $350 being possible… *L* Sorry, my brain just convulses, cause I did buy the thing for under $200, and that was a year ago… I can get a very decent replacement printer for under the minimum repair cost.

I went to the Epson site and gave them a detailed paragraph of what the printers doing, and that I tried to clean the print heads six times and it was clear that wasn’t helping… blah blah blah, and they wrote back and gave me steps on how to tell the printer to clean the print heads, and that I should attempt to do that three times…. *scratches head*

At this point I’m very turned off by Epson and the combo systems in general, cause if one suddenly goes bad you’re left with a reminder sitting there… Though now sometimes the flatbed on it will make a strange noise after it is done scanning and the optics are sliding back to their standby position, so I’m sure it won’t be too much longer before that cuts out on me.

So, at this point I guess my question is; Are there any special instructions on trying to fix this myself in cleaning the print head, or does it probably require a new one? I know that’s probably not a recommended procedure by the maintenance people here, however, I’m really to the point that it’s either repair it myself, or trash it and buy a different type.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Jonathan (12/9/04 3:51 PM) reply + / -
Everytime I turn on my printer, I get a message saying "Scanner Error" and now the scanner doesn't work. Help!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (12/9/04 4:16 PM) reply + / -
Jonathan: I'm sorry, but I cannot really be of any help to you. Most Epson Authorized Service Dealers are not actually trained on the newer "CX" or "R" models. Those models are so new that I have not even seen one that was not actually under warranty still. Epson Company does not even allow their dealers to work on the "CX" or "R" Models under warranty. They simply send a Replacement Printer in exchange for the defective unit thats under warranty and the defective printer is then sent back to Epson...There's no charge to talk to the "Epson Technical Support Department", when your printer is actually under warranty still. That way you are talking directly with a technician, that is actually trained by Epson Company on your particular printer. To see available phone numbers for technical support and replacement parts ordering, go on-line to Epson @ " www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. If your printer is out of warranty, you will need a credit card, before the technicians can help you, because there is a charge for technical support over the phone. If they are unable to actually help you over the phone and your printer is under warranty, then you can call the "Epson Connection", at 1-562-276-1300 and file a Warranty Claim. Epson normally offers a WHOLE UNIT EXCHANGE on most ink jet style printers that fail under warranty, but you may need to provide "Proof Of Purchase" [origional sales receipt or invoice] to complete that warranty claim...Good Luck! Denny Conway

No Subject by MikeCarlson (3/19/05 2:02 PM) reply+1 + / -
I get a message that says "Pump Stall - Press Resume". When I press resume, it feeds a blank sheet & the error message remains. Have done a lot of troubleshooting & nothing is helping...has anyone dealt with this?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (3/21/05 5:11 PM) reply + / -
menchoc717: You can see the Epson DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS web-site, for the "Epson Stylus CX6400", at http://www.epson.com . Simply read the info and make your choices, to download the printer driver for your printer...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Denny Conway (3/21/05 5:23 PM) reply + / -
Mike: It would help to actually know just what model of Epson Printer that you have. That way someone framiliar with your particular model of epson printer, may be able to help you further. As you added your message onto a "CX6400" message board, thats almost 6 months old, your chances of someone even reading your message for help, are not really that good. If you were to open a new & separate message board, listing your printer make, model and a short description of its problem, in the actual SUBJECT LINE, you might have a better chance on getting a reply. A lot of technicians and people that help out on this Printer Repair Site, read the actual SUBJECT LINE, rather than reading each individual message. They are looking for makes & models of printers that they are actually trained on, or framiliar with. If you were to post a completely new message, with a subject like "RE: Epson ___, with Pump Stall-Press Resume Error Message", then there's a greater chance that someone that works on your model, may see and read your posted message. Then the chances are better that they may even be able to actually help you with your printers problem...IT'S EASY TO POST A NEW SEPARATE MESSAGE: Just go to the "fixyourownprinter.com" web-site and under MESSAGE BOARD, click-on PRINTER REPAIR FORUM. The first page will open up; scroll down to bottom of the page; in the bottom left corner is "click here to post a new message". Now you can post your new Subject Header & your printers problem...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by rafamanuk (4/16/05 9:55 AM) reply + / -
My brother-in-laws printer stopped working (Epson CX6400 all-in-one). He opened the lid and found a piece of black plastic laying near to the ink cradle. Dose anyone know if it is from the cradle as I cannot see anywhere else that it can be from.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by newuser (4/16/05 1:13 PM) reply + / -
Exploded diagram are available at:

http://www.compassmicro.com

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by cchandra264 (6/22/05 8:49 AM) reply+4 + / -
I just recieved a Epson CX6400. Everything seems to work fine. The scanner works great, but when I try to print, only blank pages are coming out. The printer sounds like it is printing, everything works, but no image. It came with the ink cartridges already in place, and some of the black had leaked out during shipping. I cleaned it up as best I could, and ran the clean print head, and clean nozzles function multiple times, and nothing. I also checked the tubing from the pump, and it seems to be connected fine. I can hear ink sloshing inside the cartridges. I've heard the print head can "dry" out...is this true, and could this be my problem?? If so, can I get a replacement head, and where? I would really appreciate the help!!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by ebower00 (12/20/05 12:48 PM) reply + / -
My CX6400 was working just fine until I changed the magenta cartridge. Then it started streaking when I was printing pictures, so I put it on the Photo mode which I hadn't had to do before. A day later I changed the yellow and ever since then the yellow hasn't worked. Just as a test I changed the magenta to see if it will stop streaking.....now magenta doesn't work. I ran so many head cleaners that my cyan then needed replaced. I changed that now the cyan doesn't work. I can't print any color now!!!! Just black--boring:( This was purchsed last May so no manufacturers warranty, it costs $9.99 for technical support who are only going to tell me to re-do the head cleaning and waste more ink, and to get it fixed I have to ship it to St Louis or Minnesota.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by mr (12/23/05 1:45 PM) reply + / -
I bought a CX6400 in March 04 and starting having problems in April 05. It has become a hobby to work on it because it isn't covered under warranty. The problem started when my text printout had missing horizontal bands. Then it progressed to printing nothing at all. I discovered that if I changed paper to glossy it would print and then that failed until nothing printed. I have cleaned the heads so many times that my ink ran out and I replaced with generic because the Epson brand investment wasn't worth it. By the way, where does all that ink go? I am at the point now that I am going to take it apart because it is not worth bringing in. I have used online support from epson and called in. They wave the fee if you attempt online first. They were no help and suggested I need Epson paper which I bought and didn't work. Any suggestions?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by printerrepairpros (12/23/05 9:51 PM) reply + / -
mr,
The waste ink goes into a series of high density pads on the bottom of the printer. Most likely your problem is a failing ink system (pump and cap assembly). Frequently ink hardens in the tube on the underside of the cap assembly or on the discharge side where the tube goes into the waste ink pads. Sometimes the fix is as simple as reattaching the tube to the underside of the cap assembly.
Hope this helps.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (1/23/06 5:14 PM) reply + / -
Thanks so much for you reply. I got lucky - I found the original receipt and found I actually bought a replacement contract which doesn't expire until June! I'm surprised because I usually never buy these contracts - must have had foreshadowing when I made the purchase :-) So I'm sending it back.

Leslie

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Timdav (2/18/06 5:16 PM) reply + / -
I am working on fixing mine....same problem as reported in earlier posts. In my case, the black ink has failed - it started printing poorly, then progressed to not at all.

Disassembly has shown that the black ink (no-name brand, not sure if it is a root cause) has turned to sludge. The waste tube system is plugged, and the printing head is very dirty.

I am in the process of putting it back together after a thourough cleaning; I will let everyone know how it goes.

I have the service manual as well - unfortunately, it does not go into any detail about this issue, but it does have all the usual exploded diagrams that help immensely.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by blake (3/27/06 6:26 PM) reply + / -
All,
I saw a device that resets the ink sensor on the cartridge. It was at Staples and was a required part for the ink refill kit. For the people who had false empty readings I wonder if this would trick the printer into working?

Anyway I just had the same problem as many of you. Started dropping the black and yellow. I am calling Epson tomorrow to see if they will replace (2 years old so we will see).

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (3/31/06 10:57 AM) reply + / -
Update:
I called Epson and got the option of a discount on a new printer or getting the old one fixed for free. They are paying all costs (shipping...) I wonder if they have corrected the problem or if it will happen on the one I get back? I will say that it is good for a company to stand behind their product and make things right with their customers.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by BradN. (4/5/06 11:22 AM) reply + / -
After years of Epson loyalty, I just purchased my first HP printer.

Same problem as the rest - plugged print head on my CX6400. It was a nice little printer for about the first 6-months that I had it.

I will attemtp to notify Epson and see if they will fix or replace, but I will probably not buy another epson. This is like the 4th epson that I have had to deal with this same problem.

-Brad

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by BradN. (4/6/06 7:52 AM) reply + / -
Well, I called Epson last night and they are sending me a new printer (or maybe a refurb, I'm not sure which).

Mine was still under warranty, but they didn't want any proof of it. That was pretty nice, but my fear is that I will have the same problem with the replacement. Then it goes in the junk and I'll replace it with an HP.

Oh, also, I read here that you should leave the printer turned on all the time - well the Epson tech guy told me to leave it off except to print. So go figure...

-Brad

Re: Epson CX6400 printer Class Action Lawsuit by Ian F (4/19/06 1:11 PM) reply + / -
Epson has settled a class action lawsuit and if you own one of the listed models you can get cash and a credit or just a credit at their store...
More info at the links

http://www.epsonsettlement.com/Printers.htm

Class action lawsuit against Epson because their printers would notify user that ink cartridge was empty when it wasn't and halting use of printer forcing them to buy a new cartridge.

They have agreed to settle to avoid fees. If you purchased an Epson on or after April 8, 1999 to May 8, 2006 you can receive a $45 dollar credit to the Epson estore as part of the settlement. There is an alternative to treceive a $25 check and $20 credit to the estore or 25% of an estore purchase for a total of up to $100 discount.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Timdav (4/25/06 5:36 PM) reply + / -
Found a very useful site on this printer - it has exploded diagrams!!

I will continue to post to my site, electricalrepairlinks, with pictures of what I did. Next post should be ~ this Friday. I will post the link there, as this site seems to filter them. PM me if you would like it sooner -

Regards to all,

Tim D.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by GooseGuide (4/26/06 7:26 AM) reply + / -
Is there any known fix or solution to the problem with the CX6400 (and also the CX3810) that will allow you to use all of the ink in the cartrige before you are forced to replace the cartrige?
(This is the subject of the current class-action lawsuit against Epson) Thanks!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (4/26/06 9:21 AM) reply + / -
You buy a chip resetter. Reset the chips run the printer til it runs out if ink creating a clog which will cause you to blame Epson for. Repost here and cry about it.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Timdav (edited 4/29/06 1:14 PM) reply + / -
Per my last post:

I have posted the link to the site with exploded diagrams for this printer on my site, electricalrepairlinks. (Obviously, add the dot com in there - this site filters hyperlinks). Navigate to 'My Projects' from the main menu for the post.

I have also purchased the cleaning kit; very fast service, I got it in a few business days. I will take some photos and post those at the site as well.

Update: I have posted the head cleaning kit pictures on the site. Feel free to drop by and please leave comments if I followed the instructions incorrectly!!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Phineas (5/5/06 7:13 AM) reply + / -
Judging by this thread, I'm having a pretty common problem with my CX6400. It was 'out of' Magenta and Cyan. I replaced the cartridges and then it wouldn't print color, only the black was printing! I cleaned the heads a bunch of times and then called tech support. I whined a little and they waived the $9 support fee (the printer is out of warranty). Once I told him the problem, he immediately passed me off to a customer service rep who told me it's not worth having the printer repaired and gave me an access password for their "Customer Loyalty" site where I could get special pricing on a replacement. I'm thinking deep discount, maybe 50%, right?! Especially since this is a product that they know has a problem. Well, the discount is a little less than 25%. Not much better than the sale price at Circuit City. In fact on the model I'm looking at, the CX4800, Epson's regular store site is offering a $30 rebate. So the $129 printer is actually being sold for $99 on both sites.

If I can get the $30 rebate on the $99 price at the "Customer Loyalty" site, I still might go for it. I have to replace my CX6400, and $70 is probably the best I can do for similar functionality. Anybody want to warn me off of the CX4800??

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by SUJA (5/8/06 8:39 AM) reply + / -
I have checked my printer and catridges. It prints BLANK pages. Any ideas/suggestions to fix it?

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Timdav (5/9/06 6:45 PM) reply + / -
You unfortunately have the same problem that has plagued this printer - dried ink clogged up in the heads and / or ink tube.

Without a serious electro-mechanical background, your best option is to first phone Epson (assuming yours is the CX6400) and inquire as to what they will do about it. They have had significant problems with this model, and in some cases have exchanged it, repaired it, or given a partial credit.

Second option, is to purchase the cleaning solution sold on this site. I recently ordered it for my printer, and was quite happy with the result - easy to use, no printer disassembly required - I will use it once a month to ensure the heads stay clear.

Check my website electricalrepairlinks for my own printer saga (look under "my projects"). In my case, I had to completely dismantle my printer to fix it the first time - but I am an electronics technician, so I wouldn't normally advise this!

Best of luck, and feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions -

Tim D.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Sarahsjc (5/12/06 2:13 PM) reply + / -
Same thing happened to 2 months ago - blank pages (CX6400). Went online, found this website - good info. I emailed Epson Tech Support - did everything already they told me. So they told me to call Epson and tell the rep that I already emailed tech support and waive the fee. They did just that. I bought this printer way back in Jan 2004 so my warrenty was waayyy up. They gave me 2 options: Go to special link for discount on a new printer or they'll give me a contact number for a place that could fix it in my area - I would be charged. I said 'No Way!' and asked to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor was totally cool - He sent me Fedex labels and I sent them my printer for them to fix - they would either fix it or replace it - their dime. The supervisor didn't know what the rep was talking about. Well, I got a box today from Epson and it was the new CX7800. I hope I won't have the same problem with this one.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by akoofod (7/21/06 9:51 PM) reply + / -
My CX6400 prints with streaks and has messed up magenta and yello color prints. WTF. Did any one get a coupon from that class action lawsuit? Im in the market for another printer, but if its just store credit at the Epson store I'll move on. Im thinking HP printers are the best.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by cfc123 (7/24/06 6:47 PM) reply + / -
Well I glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I also have the Epson CX6400 and it was working fine until 2 weeks ago. I purchased it in January 2004 so the one year warranty is over. I thought I was going crazy after buying 3 black ink cartridges and none of them worked. At first the colors were all working fine, but when I replaced the black with the first Staples brand ink all the colors stopped working too. So I bought another Staples brand and it didn't work either. Then I went back to the Epson brand and it still won't work. The printer says all ink levels are 70-100%.
I went to the page for the class action law suit and the date to file has already passed... THIS SUCKS!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by yrall (8/17/06 4:20 PM) reply + / -
My CX6400 is giving me an error message after changing a print cartridge. It snapped into place, but when the carriage started to move , it made a loud noise. After opening the compartment, I noticed about a 1/2 inch of black plastic about 1/8-1/4inch wide in the compartment that had broken off. It will not work now, just gives the error message. Is this problem hard to fix? Is this a hardware problem that happens in other Cx6400. They said since I could not find my reciept, I could have a lower price one, well if I was going to pay 250.00 for a used one, I will just get a new one that won't be an Epson. Any help will be appreciated. Would still like to fix if it doesn't cost a bundle.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by ErOsKcUs (10/20/06 6:45 PM) reply + / -
"DO NOT" and I repeat "DO NOT" buy any EPSON model.
The CXs are especially "BIG" waste of money.
My printer (CX6400) was a terrible experience. A close friend of mine purchased the CX4800 and it was total failure.
Apparently, the problem comes from the numerously mentioned before, cloggings of the stylus tubes with developing dried ink gunks(in some cases for the black, in other for one of the other colors). If you take the price of the EPSON Ink cartridges in consideration, any consumer will be way better-off by purchasing a different brand.
Erik
PS
Just a personal thought: From the EPSON Class Action Lawsuit go for the Check not for the discount on their store. The prices of the printers available there will have the discount from the lawsuit included + you will get another EPSON JUNK.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by woobis (1/23/07 7:16 PM) reply + / -
I have been getting a grinding noise upon startup, after the carriage makes a couple of passes, then the red light & error message; I did not see any parts laying about that looked out of place; it appeared as if the carrige keeps trying to continue after it has run out of track. Any one know if this could be driver related?
thanks,
Bryant

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Wes (1/23/07 8:23 PM) reply + / -
Read this http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/glide.html

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by anniehum (2/13/07 8:38 PM) reply + / -
Another one bites the dust. Not printing, replaced cartridge with brand new black extended cartridge. Cleaned the heads, check the nozzle pring and then I called Epson. I just got off the phone with Epson. They offered me a replacement as long as I purchased it only 2 years ago. However I found the reciept and found that I purchased it 9/1/04. Guess I don't get my free replacement. Thanks for letting me vent.
Cheers

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by danreck (3/3/07 9:52 PM) reply + / -
My CX6400 stopped printing after about a year (of home use). I just kind of bought another printer and decided it would be my scanner/card reader. I bought this ink-jet printer because of poor quality/bad printing with HP inkjets. I'm now wondering (knowing that the CX6400 is a serious POS), if all modern inkjets are a waste of money. I had one from the mid-nineties (HP) that lasted for almost 7 years with none of these kinds of problems. Because of my experience with the cx6400, I dropped Epson off the vendor list at four very large organizations and will continue to. No, I haven't contacted Epson, nor will I. Sites like these are all I need. Epson should be seeking us out (I registered this POS product) to apologize.
To wit, I purchased this thing based on their reputation from the late '80's multiform printers (dot matrix) that were the best, bar none. It a shame that that market went away. RIP Epson.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (3/6/07 4:46 AM) reply + / -
I ran into the printing issues with the CX5400.

Same problem many have had, change the ink & it quits printing.

Contacted support even though the printer was well past its warranty period. Told me to send it in for repair or get a discount on a new purchase. I took the repair option since there was no cost to me.

I sent the printer in on 2/23/2007 & received a NEW CX6400 on 3/5/2007. No questions asked, no explanation as to why they gave me the CX6400.

Besides the inconvienience, I really can't complain about my Epson experience.

No Subject by Anonymous (3/6/07 5:08 AM) reply + / -
I better correct myself.

They sent me a NEW CX6000, not a CX6400.

Bet either way, it's NEW.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by RiverTam (3/9/07 2:38 PM) reply + / -
Woo! So, I was pretty worried when I found this thread... yeah, I'd heard about the problems with the CX6400 but mine had been working fine for 2+ years and I loved it, but all of a sudden, BAM! No worky any more.

Read the whole thread, went through the website's troubleshooting options, called Epson (and whined and got them to waive the $10 fee) and did more head cleaning, etc, and got transferred again. This time, the guy first offered me the same thing as everyone else -- a discount on another Epson printer. Well, after explaining to him how I'd seen this was a major problem from online research and I had loved my Epson, but wouldn't pay a cent for it and would buy a different printer, he gladly offered to send me the free FedEx labels and repair it for free. I should have a fully functioning printer back in two weeks!

My advice to everyone: CALL AND COMPLAIN. They'll fix it, you just have to whine at them a little.

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by pastacks (edited 3/16/07 6:21 PM) reply + / -
This post is for Wm Lang, who posted on 10/4/04 that...
... my Epson CX6400 ... Now it does not print. When I try to print from an application program such as a word processor, the printer does not respond. The Status Monitor displays "Searching" for several seconds, then the message "Communication Error!" appears... The scanner scans. The copier copies...

I ran across your post while searching for an answer to my printer problem Did you ever resolve the problem? Were you able to fix it yourself, or did you have to send it for servicing? Thanks for your help.

pam

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by pastacks (edited 3/16/07 6:34 PM) reply + / -
In reference to a post by Tim D. on 7/8/06:
Found a very useful site on this printer - it has exploded diagrams!!

Does anyone know what site he's referring to?

pam c

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by nbkh2o3 (3/18/07 4:11 PM) reply + / -
I bought an Epson CX6400 in June 2004 and paid $200. Actually had not even one problem until today when it wouldn't print black. Installed new black ink, still wouldn't print. So, I installed all new cartridges and guess what -- it still won't print. Am not hardware savy at all, so I wouldn't even think of trying to clean anything internal. My booklet said if it didn't print after several 'head cleanings' to turn it off and wait 24 hours (for the dried ink to soften). Will that work? If anyone has any suggestions, please.... Otherwise, I guess I'll call them tomorrow and try to stand firm. Thanks, y'all -- this is my first post to anybody. Good Sunday evening to you.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by bonzelite (3/19/07 6:39 PM) reply + / -
this is a piece of sh*t printer. i've been loyal to Epson for years, having owned 3 thus far and i will never buy another Epson product. they're just garbage. all 3 exhibited some type of print failure, namely with streaking or blank banding across the page.

i thought the CX6400 held promise, as it performed well for about 18 months, then began to exhibit problems. at first, the self-diagnostics worked. after a few more weeks, the problems resurfaced with the diagnostics not making any difference any more.

the scanner works great and it's a crying shame i cannot use the rest of the unit. to keep it only for scanning only to then buy another machine for copying and printing is a waste of space on my desk.

i've considered taking it apart to clean the heads myself, but prior posters here proclaim this to largely be an act of futility, a waste of time. it is very unfortunate that this CX unit is nothing more than a large paper weight. i am very disappointed that i have squandered my money on a 3rd printer to Epson, and i feel sorry for them as a company. i am no longer loyal to Epson and will buy a Canon or HP tonight or tomorrow.

Re: Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Timdav (3/19/07 7:13 PM) reply + / -
Sorry! Haven't checked this thread in a while.....

Unfortunately, this site doesn't like links in replies, so you will have to use a bit of imagination here:

compass micro (dot com) files/Stylus%20CX6400%20exploded%20diag.pdf

E-mail me if you need anything else -

Tim D.
Electrical Repair Links

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by dwil71 (3/26/07 4:51 PM) reply + / -
I emailed epson and told them I was not happy with my 6400 not working after owning it 2-3 yrs and that I had noticed lots of people online not being happy with theirs. They had me call them, waived a fee for the call. Within minutes they offered to exchange or fix mine for free. They are sending me the instructions now for sending it in. Here is the number...Please contact an Epson technical support representative at (562)
276-4382. If they hadn't offered this, I was done with Epson.

Dave

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Rhinoone82 (3/29/07 2:52 PM) reply + / -
I just got off the phone with EPSON. After the there will be a $9 charge, which got waived by telling them about all of the problems I found while researching. Then the we can give you a discount at the loyalty site. I told them I would never buy EPSON again and tell any one not to either. The lady told to to wiat a minute and she would see what could be done. She came back on and said FED-EX labels would be sent to me to send it in for a free repair.

So thank you everyone on here for posting what you did and to anyone else having problems, complain, complain, complain. Be nice but complain and they will fix it.

My psudo-update... by RiverTam (3/30/07 2:51 PM) reply + / -
All righty, I've been lax -- first in checking back with this site, and second with getting my printer sent in. After the phone call where I complained (politely) about knowing this was a 'known issue' and how I would buy a different printer if they didn't fix this free, I got my Fed-Ex labels and have sent my printer in. I'll update the site to what I get back, promise... but I still recommend, as I've seen others before and after me do: Complain, politely, and mention the 'online research' you've done, and they'll offer to fix it free. Zai jian. ~RiverTam

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (4/15/07 7:29 AM) reply + / -
This PRINTER is awful. I've owned it since 2004, and at 1st it was wonderful. I don't think I've used it in 2 years, because it stopped working. I've had several techs look at it and nothing. I've reads some of the posts and I will be contacting EPSON as well. No matter what I try, it doesn't print at all. Just blank pages.

Confounded cx6400 won't print from computer by Lunasee (4/18/07 2:06 PM) reply + / -
I'm pulling my hair out over this one.
My printer "sees" my cx6400, so there's no problem there. Everything is hooked up properly. I've reinstalled my printer driver, etc. The ink cartridges have all been replaced. I ran a printer fix utility, no problems. I did the nozzle check, it performed it just fine. It makes beautiful copies. The problem is that I can't print from any of my programs. I just keep getting a generic "printer error" message, no matter what program I try to print from. I'm usually very good at troubleshooting, but this time, I'm stumped. I have a Mac, using OS 10.4.9. It worked fine last week, and suddenly out of the blue, this is happening.
If anyone out there knows what's going on here, please let me know. I use my printer often, and it's very frustrating for it to suddenly stop working.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (4/20/07 2:51 AM) reply + / -
Hi I keep getting a service parts message every time I print which is anoying
I susspect the parts are not at the end of there servivce life as it is working fine
How can I clear the message to stop it apperaing every time I print??

Re: Confounded cx6400 won't print from computer by Anonymous (4/20/07 8:42 AM) reply + / -
I get this from time to time. Usually a powercycle of the printer gets it working again. Will be the last epson I own.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by bethg (4/20/07 1:20 PM) reply + / -
i think you need to ,try resetting the printer you can do this by follwing this link
http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

Then in your toolbar right click on the SSC Service Utility and select show main window . With your printer online to your PC, select from there your printer in both boxes that is in the main list and also installed printe.
Close the window right click again on the icon and select Protection Counter Show current value.
You will then see both the maximum count allowed and the count of your printer which at full will be very near to or just over that count.
Click ok to exit and then select Protection Counter again but this time Reset Counter Protection.
Click it to set to zero.
you will need to fix the promblem thought because in the end ink could come out

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Rebe (4/24/07 5:22 PM) reply + / -
Same problem with CX6400, printing blank copies. Did all troubleshooting over and over. Called Epson and griped enough to get FedEx label to be sent to Plainfield IN, 2 hours from me. Was told it would be repaired FREE and get FREE ink in return since I declined their 'bargain' on a new machine. Today got a CX6000 Series (rehabbed I am sure.......) and turned it on only to get an error: Error 90 Please contact Epson. What a trashy company. I've had other Epson's and been happy, not now! I wonder what they will tell me if I call them........send it in for a NEW replacement for the OLD replacement! I didn't know about the $45 deal from the lawsuit, not worth the effort!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (4/25/07 9:41 AM) reply + / -
Just got off the phone with Epson support - had to really press my case to get the printer sent in (for free). Initially they were going to charge me $9, then waived it as I had done all the troubleshooting necessary. Then they passed me on to another dept who offered me a CX6000 for $67.15. Told them I did not need another printer, I wanted the CX6400 sent in for repair (mentioned the online research). Eventually they told me they would send me a Fedex label for return. Stated the printer would either be fixed or exchanged for a refurb (without warranty).
Make sure when you call you have the serial number and printer ink numbers available!
Will keep you posted.....

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Rebe (4/25/07 12:41 PM) reply + / -
Good luck Anonymous. They offered me a CX6000 $150 value for $84.99 + tax and I said no but I wanted my CX6400 back. I did not get my 6400 back but did get the CX6000 in place, sure it's a refurb. Installed now, snail pace printing....... In the meantime I bought a C88+ Epson that prints real fast but no copier. Epson should replace 'like items' but don't. Last one I'll buy.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by areacode206 (4/27/07 2:59 AM) reply + / -
Our family have had problems with not only the 6400 at home but also the 4800 at our family business.

I cannot fathom why a company would keep putting out crap like this. We have had epson printers since their very capable 740 line way back in the mid 90s but this is the absolute LAST epson product that I will purchase and I will tell everyone I know from work and aquintances about epson's incredibly inapt service and faulty products. Getting a refurb product which will most likely also break down is not a solution.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (5/11/07 6:12 AM) reply + / -
http://www.epson.com

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Will G. (5/11/07 8:30 AM) reply + / -
I just got off the phone with Epson. After passing the 1st level tech support ($9.95 fee waived) I went to the next step "the options department" (my term). First option 1. go to password protected website and purchase a new one. I told the rep that was not good enough and I knew that Epson sent out Fedex labels and replaced these crappy printers (I left out the crappy word). She replied "Oh, why did you not just tell me that?" to which I replied "I didn't know what you were going to say or do." She then said the labels would be mailed, gave me tracking number really fast (I'm not sure I got it down correctly) and hung up. Conclusion is obvious.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (5/12/07 11:31 AM) reply + / -
The power of the forums has triumphed again!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (5/18/07 10:15 AM) reply + / -
Okay, okay, another update of what I'm going through...

So I sent my CX6400 printer in about 6 weeks ago (end of March, it's mid May now) with the FedEx labels they sent me. I didn't hear anything and then I moved to a different state, so I called them up and asked where the hell my printer was (politely, of course) and if they hadn't shipped it back yet, I needed to change my shipping address. After having to call three different numbers to talk to the right person (not a one an 800 number) I finally found out that yes, they had received my printer, but there was no information about them sending it back to me. Huh? Apparently, my printer couldn't be fixed, so they would send me out a new one to replace it, a CX6000. It would be shipped out that day or the next. I was upset because they waited 6 weeks, waited for me to contact them, before sending out the new one, but amazingly I had my new printer the next day. I was ecstatic.

Until I opened the box finally two days later and discovered they hadn't sent the USB cable that connects the printer to the computer. HUH? Of course this was after their business hours, so I messed around with the packaging a bit more, hoping maybe I'd just overlooked it, or maybe it was in with the inks? (I was /very/ happy they included inks, btw, I was afraid that was where they'd stiff me.) After checking everywhere and finally finding the "contents" list on the box (under the sticker with my packing slip in it) I finally realized, under the listing of the printer, the inks, and the manuals, it says "USB cable required for computer connection (Sold Seperately)". You have /got/ to be kidding me, right? Nope. This printer is touted for having the special features of "Print photos directly from a digital camera -- no PC needed!"

I was incensed. I don't /have/ a digital camera, but I /do/ have a bunch of documents I keep having to go to the library to print! So, once again, on the phone with Epson (I first called the number on the manual for "parts missing?" but they're no help, make sure you call the last number you get helped from originally).

The lady was very nice after I (less politely than I intended, but I was getting so frustrated!) explained what the situation was, and how I wasn't going to go out and buy a cable for a printer I was getting as a replacement for the one I sent in to be fixed. I mean it, she was awesome, said "No problem" and found me the right cable, took down my address, and also said they'd throw in another set of Epson DuraBright inks for my troubles. Sweet!! I definitely prefer the Epson inks but they're so expensive, but now I have two full sets to hold me over until I can buy some more. Plus, I'll have my cable on Monday, she tells me. Happy happy.

All in all, even though it was a bit frustrating, I think I got a good deal outta this whole mess. Brand new printer (okay, /maybe/ refurbished but I don't think so, and my CX6400 was a few years outta warrenty anyway), a bunch of ink, and I didn't have to pay anything.

My advice for people having the same problems we all finally had with our CX6400? Call Epson, be nice, tell them you did the research and know it's a known problem, don't take their "offers" until they offer to send you the labels so you can send in your printer for repair, and when you don't hear from them after two weeks, check the FedEx tracking number to make sure they received it and call them (don't wait the 6 I did, but I moved in between there and got distracted). If it can't be fixed accept the CX6000 (it's a step down, but it'll do everything any home user needs just as well and hopefully no problems), and when it arrives minus the USB cable, call back and tell them you want them to send that too. You'll get it, maybe more ink too, and you're off.

All righty. I'm unsubscribing this thread, but good luck to you all. Zai jian! ~RiverTam

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (5/26/07 11:56 AM) reply + / -
I finally got round to sending my printer back to epson (though I forgot my id number!), I'll let you know what happens.....

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (5/30/07 10:56 AM) reply + / -
The CX6000 printer came today (no USB cable), no explanation for the replacement....

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (6/7/07 11:32 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the previous posts that told us about getting the Fed Ex labels sent and having them repair the out-of-warranty CX6400 printers for free or replace them with a new one. I was successful with the first part in terms of getting them to agree to send me the labels. It took a little work and reference to this thread of how numerous others had the same problem and were sent the FedEx labels. My printer stopped printing both magenta and black at the same time. We got it in 2004, but only print with it once or twice a week so overuse was not an issue.

We will see what happens next. Either way I would have probably went with their option of going to their "special" website and getting a new printer at a discounted price or going with a different brand. My CX6400 was out of warranty so I had already figured I was SOL. They told me if they repair my printer it will have a 90 day warranty on it. Better than nothing I guess.

Has Epson given anyone advice on how to keep this problem from recurring? Should we leave it on, print with it more often, or just pray. Unfortunately I don't want to print more often because we were also lucky enough to get one of those printers that tells you your out of ink when you can still hear ink sloshing around in the cartridge. It runs out way to fast!!

Re: Confounded cx6400 won't print from computer by Rinkevichjm (6/18/07 12:10 AM) reply + / -
Which Mac is it (PowerPC/Intel)? The Epson drivers were built in to Tiger. However you can go to the Epson site and get all the v3.0 and later CX6400 drivers and install them again. I had to that several times until I a suit able configuration for my Intel Mac. Be sure to check that it is connected in System Profiler => Hardware => USB. Under USB2.0 MFP(Hi-Speed) The manufacter is Epson and the product id is 0x0805. (The SANE drivers use that in the TWAIN to SANE USB bridge).

Re: Epson CX6400 printer paper loading by rinkevichjm (6/18/07 12:17 AM) reply + / -
I bought some staples 24 lb printer paper and one of my household members loaded some into the printer and jammed it. After removing all the paper I could get out by running an envelope through it. I'm still having a problem with the paper going through better on the right (fixed) side and causing the paper to crinkle or misalign/tilt as it goes in. Is there a way to get a better look into the mechanism to remove any bits of paper etc.?

Re: Re: Confounded cx6400 won't print from compute by Lunasee (6/19/07 1:48 PM) reply + / -
Hi
I did install all new drivers, and tried every trick I know, short of smashing the thing to smithereens with a baseball bat, but in the end, I gave in. I did a complete re-install of my system. I'm nervous about running the updaters now, for fear that this will happen again. So, as it is, I'm running OS 10.4 rather than 10.4.9.
Oh, and by the way, it worked. I'm in printing heaven again. However, I won't be buying an Epson printer ever again in the future. Too many horror stories that I've read here.
Thanks for all the help!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by rboon (6/20/07 11:48 AM) reply + / -
Mine would not print with black ink after changing the black cartridge. It gave totally blank pages. Tried everything - cleaning, alignment, removing and reinstalling cartridge. Emailed the support site, they replied with the usual suggestions, all of which I had tried. Finally called Epson support, they waived the consultation fee after I told them what I had already done. After being put on hold, another rep offered a discount on a new printer, but when I mentioned the similar problem others had encountered and politely asked if it could be fixed at no cost (even though 2 years out of warranty), she consulted someone else and agreed. It helps to be persistent but nice. Thanks for the info!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by sahrene (6/23/07 7:46 PM) reply + / -
Wow! I had no idea I was one of many with this same frustrating problem..I will be calling the support on Monday..Wish me luck...

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (6/26/07 10:26 AM) reply + / -
Got my new CX6000 as a replacement for my CX6400. No USB cable. I called to complain and they said they physically do not have USB cables they can send me. I basically told him that that was fine and that as soon as my new CX6000 quit working, which I am sure will be soon based on the reviews I have read, that I will be done with Epson and move on to a better company. He said if he had an option he would do something for me. I hung up on him. Its bad enough they can't fix my printer and send me a model that is probably a downgrade, but then they can't even throw in a USB cable. BS. I will go buy a USB and then find out how fast the CX6000 drinks the ink. I have read it sucks the cartridges down after just a few pages of printing. I can't wait. I will not purchase another Epson Printer ever.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by jim5590 (6/27/07 5:35 PM) reply + / -
I have had my CX6400 'replacement' printer only 18 months. It is dead. I tried to print to it the other day and received an error message the the printer was not available. I looked and it appearred to be turned on all the lights were on. I tried to reset it using the on/off button and nothing. It would not respond. I unplugged it, waited 30 seconds, and it never came back on. I called tech support, they were no help and suggested that I take the printer to an authorized repair facility. That would have cost $75.00 just to look at it. Ironically, I never got rid of my old HP PSC500. I plugged it back in, cleaned the heads and it still works!!! Needless to say I went and bought another HP. BTW, I bought the CompUSA 2 year TAP replacement plan. That was a waste of money. I discovered the first year ran concurrently with the Epson warranty. So it is now worthless too. I cannot and will not recommend an Epson printer to any one looking for a new printer.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Dwood11 (7/2/07 3:14 PM) reply + / -
I just had to write a thread and everyone thanks for all the help. After reading this whole page of postings I called epson because my CX6400 stopped printing whole pages. If it was not for all of your help I would have probably fallen for epsons B.S. and paid 79 bux for a new printer.
So here is what happened in a nutshell. I called tech support(which is in India by the way), and I told them that I had taken the time to go through all the usuall steps they ask you to. They then wanted to give me the number of a service facility in my areas so that I could pay some crazy repair fee. I then told the rep that I underestood that theses printers were involved in some kind of class action lawsuit. She then told me that she would trnsfer me to customer relations. As soon as the rep got on the phone,(this is America im talking to now) he tried to tell me that I qualified for the special website deal for 79 bux. I then told him that I had done my research, and asked if there was a way he could just send me out the FedEx shipping labels. He said yes he could, and told me that I probably would not see my CX6400, and I would be getting the new 6000 model. It was that easy. I kinda thought it would have been a little more difficult, but it really was not.
Again thanks for all the help with this thread. It took no longer that about 10 minutes, and I really could not be happier. although I will never buy another epson product as long as I live.

Dwood

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by BGustoff (7/10/07 9:04 PM) reply + / -
I have an Epson CX6400, and I am about to trash it. I have replaced the ink cartridges, I used Epson genuine ink, I have run the head cleanings several times, and I have even attempted to clean the connections manually. The pages come out blank. This problem started some time ago, but I did not have time to attend to it. Does anyone know a quick or easy fix? I really do not want to spend more on repairing this printer than it costs for a replacement of it.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (7/11/07 5:49 AM) reply + / -
Call Epson and get it exchanged as per the postings above - no point flogging a dead horse!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Sahrene (7/12/07 9:58 AM) reply + / -
There 800# no longer works...You have to call there #on their website and pay for the call on your dime. I am on hold right now for an estimated 13 minutes!!
(562)276-4382

Hours:
Mon.- Fri. 6AM-6PM (PT)

What a bunch on BS....

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by dwood11 (7/30/07 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Just an update. I got my new cx6000 today. I was just going to sell it because I already got a new printer, but its not really worth anything, so I might just give it as a b day gift, or save it until the one I have now craps out.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (7/30/07 9:29 PM) reply + / -
The one I had I gave away too - it was just worth getting Epson to make up a little for their poorly manufactured printer (won't get them to admit it was faulty mind...)

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by trpt2honk (7/31/07 8:44 AM) reply + / -
Just got off the line with customer relations. They are sending the fedex labels, but refused to send packing materials. Quite frankly, I'm wondering if there's another class action lawsuit in the making here. Has anyone heard? Would appreciate knowing more about this.

Thanks for posting the number and the info.

Mike

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by agemme27 (8/26/07 3:34 PM) reply + / -
my card reader stopped working after the printer sat disconnected in my closet for a month or so. i put a card in and the light flickers then nothing. help!!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (8/26/07 8:16 PM) reply + / -
Do you have the card reader software installed (sometimes the registry entries get modified)?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by marcussba (9/30/07 7:41 AM) reply + / -
This is the second CX6400 I've owned - the first had the clogging issues after about a week of owning it.

Today it stopped coming online properly. It appears that the print carriage is no longer attached correctly to the notched belt that transports it back and forth across the metal bar. Is there any fix for this other than returning it?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by trpt2honk (9/30/07 9:56 AM) reply + / -
Based on the recent experiences I've had with Epson, I would return it immediately and never buy another Epson product. There is obviously a systemic problem with the guts of this company.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by inaznow (10/1/07 3:48 PM) reply + / -
Same deal for me. Black stopped printing... But, just got off the phone with Epson customer support, and had to explain the problem to an off shore customer support agent who then transferred me to customer service representative. He offered a new 7400 for $69 but I told him that I had heard of issues with this printer and he offered to send me a replacement (7000??) if I sent in this one. Should be getting the Fed Ex stickers and instructions shortly. Took about 30 minutes but pretty painless besides that.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by trpt2honk (10/1/07 4:08 PM) reply + / -
Be sure to track your printer! I have no idea where mine is now, almost two months after sending it in. Have left email messages but no returns at all.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by beezzer (10/21/07 5:43 PM) reply + / -
my parents and I both purchased cx6400 and loved them and then the heads became clogged. I used my printer at least once a week and my parents rarely used theirs, so I guess it dosent matter how much the printers are used. I got on epson's web site and contacted my local service center (since the printers were no longer under warranty) they charge $75 dollars an hour and $50 dollars for the parts. The price of a new printer. I disassembled the print head and cleaned the tubes with alcohol and installed new cartridges, still no go.

Being optimistic I purchased another epson printer, by this time the cx6400 was discontinued, so I purchased the cx7800. Knock on wood I have yet to have a problem with the printer. I would highly recommend the cx7800. I used to be an hp man and after seeing the quality of epson its hard to beat and lexmark isn't even in the same league (even though my brother-in-law works for them).

don't give up on epson (every one makes a lemon the cx6400 was theirs)

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by trpt2honk (10/21/07 6:00 PM) reply + / -
You're right...everyone makes a lemon. But not everyone treats their customers as poorly as Epson has done. I have given up on Epson. In effect, they stole my printer. Not that I lost that much since all I had was a non working printer to start with. But when you send something in and it just disappears, it's obvious the company has problems it can't solve. No more Epson for me. Already shopping for a Canon or HP.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer Scanner Lamp by outline (12/26/07 1:57 PM) reply + / -
When I scan or make a copy the lamp will not go on. So my feeling is the I need a new lamp.
I have checked lamp prices and they are just so expensive. My question is can I replace the
lamp myself and where is the place to buy a lamp cheap.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (12/26/07 4:36 PM) reply + / -
It is only sold as a assembly so your best bet would to find a parts machine.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by nokuy231 (2/5/08 9:33 AM) reply + / -
IS THERE A SERVICE MANUAL OR A TEAR DOWN ANY WHERE ON THE WEB

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (2/5/08 10:35 AM) reply + / -
I take it you've checked out the Epson website........?

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by nokuy231 (2/6/08 5:41 AM) reply + / -
YES I HAVE LOOKED BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYTHING

Re: Epson C110 printer by Anonymous (2/12/08 11:18 PM) reply + / -
i need to find a resetter for my printer which is epson c110.. its very hard to find in market.. my printer is a nerw release here in our country thats why i cant find any resetter for it.. would you pls help me find...either on the net i cant find any.. tanx.. ----jenny----

Re: Re: Epson C110 printer by Kid (2/18/08 1:19 AM) reply + / -
hi jen! have u installed ciss for your printer?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by cbeast (edited 2/19/08 11:57 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the website.Had the no print problem ! Went through with the calls , got to someone here but she wouldn't give any satisfaction with the printer,now I'm waiting on a callback from supervisor (if it happens) this was my second epson, and my last..... any body need a 6400 for parts????

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by spereira (2/25/08 11:21 AM) reply+1 + / -
Well, I had the same issue as others - all of a sudden the printer stopped printing (although it would spit out the paper as if it were printing). I did all the normal stuff, then called Epson and was told about the "Loyalty" website. No great deals there! Since the printer is over four years old I figured it was time for a new one, so I bought one (but didn't open it). Then I went online and discovered this page, so I just called Epson and they said they are sending out Fed Ex labels, and a refurbished printer and I should have it in a week. We'll see what happens. Maybe I can return the new printer!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by san.sengupta (4/30/08 1:14 PM) reply + / -
My printer prints "gobbly goo" - may be some ASCII characters and all sorts of unknown characters. I de-installed, re-installed, re-drivered ... but no avail. I do not know how to clean the memory which may in the buffer and creating this.. Any Suggestion?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by limey (4/30/08 6:54 PM) reply + / -
My replacement CX7800 finally gave up and started printing only half pages - I tried all the utilities without change so have just bought a new HP printer - my relationship with Epson is so over!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by paul2112 (5/27/08 7:00 AM) reply + / -
Hello, my epson cx6440 just stopped worked yesterday after 2+ years of no trouble at all.. Whats going on is when the power is turned on, the drive belts inside move back and forth, but the printer head doesnt.. It moves freely. Is there a spring off or belt jumped a roller? Any help is appreciated..paul

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (7/4/08 10:54 AM) reply + / -
HAd the same problem, only mine has been making this horrid noise before this happened and still would print after turning off and on again. today it wouldn't do anything and I opened it up to find a piecce of black plastic. Now what...

Re: Epson CX6000 printer by Dionisio (7/24/08 2:10 AM) reply + / -
Dear all,
I bought this printer last August in Circuit City at E. Syracuse, while I was in a course at the Carrier Center.
It worked fine until last April. Then it started giving me vertical lines over the prints out. I tried to fix the problem myself by following up all the instructions from the manual, related to head cleaner/head alignment, etc....
Last week it brought me another problem; it says to UPDATE the driver E-DUPA10.EXE which I couldn't. Afterward I received another message/error at my Vista HP DV6000 series Laptop saying that I need a driver for the USB2.0MFP. I did a rough search but with no success at all.
I unistalled and reinstalled the original software more than 5 times and nothing.
Can anybody help on this issue?
Thanks

Re: Epson CX6000 printer by Dionisio (edited 7/24/08 2:29 AM) reply + / -
Already posted

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (8/11/08 3:12 PM) reply + / -
Timdav
Do you still have the exploded diagrams for the CX6400? Will you email me a copy?
puterjosie@comcast.net

Epson CX6400 printer is not turning on by Guywiththeprinteriss (11/26/08 8:28 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

My printer is not turning on and I have an epson stylus cx6400. I really don't want to call epson because of the long waits. Nothing turns on and I know that the Cyan Ink is out. it worked awesome last week but still nothing. I plugged it in today and i can here a ear popping noise but the printer doesn't do anything. Doesn't turn on at all.

Please Help!

PS: I followed directions on the epson website, including everything they said there on there troubleshooting guide

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by In Kentucky (2/21/09 1:47 PM) reply + / -
Printer has worked fine for years all of a sudden it says's "Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. See your printer documentation." The documentation says nothing of this. :-(

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by websnail (2/22/09 9:05 AM) reply + / -
It basically means that the waste ink pads in your printer are full.

To resolve it you can easily reset the waste ink counter in the printer but you also need to deal with the waste ink in the pads.

There's a guide here:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/store/pages/Epson-CX6600.html

... that deals with the process for redirecting the waste ink from the cleaning pump as well as providing the reset procedure.

Don't be put off by the model number... the CX6400 is the same chassis, etc.. so it's still applicable.

Hope that helps.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (2/22/09 10:28 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the message but it is too late. I took the D--- thing to the dump a couple weeks ago and bought a different brand.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by In Kentucky (2/22/09 4:20 PM) reply + / -
Thanks man! Great information!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (4/2/09 5:34 AM) reply + / -
does anyone know if the scan facility will work even if one of the colour cartridges needs replacing? it doesn't seem to. thanks

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (9/14/09 1:59 AM) reply + / -
After printing a few pages it says error and call for assistance, i cant print no more if i dont turn it off and on again...

Re: Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Printerissick (10/5/09 10:35 AM) reply + / -
Did you ever find out which part you needed to replace? I had the same problem and found a wavy piece of black plastic sitting on the inside of the printer. Is that the kind of piece you found? Please let me know

Thanks

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by LMendoza002 (10/22/09 6:42 PM) reply + / -
My Printer is skipping lines about every fifth line when I print from my computer. I have cleaned the heads several times I have even changed the ink out twice. I have downloaded all the latest driver and checked all my connections I have even completely uninstalled all the drivers and reinstalled to make sure only the latest drivers were running. The only occurs when I try to print a document from my computer on normal text document settings. If I print a document with the setting set at best photo settings it comes out fine or copy a document using the scanner it prints out fine. I know it sounds like a small and silly problem but when you are trying to print out several documents at once its way to slow is there a solution to this problem?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (12/14/09 6:58 AM) reply + / -
My cx6400 say "Printer error see your documentation and call service if necessary."
My printer does not allow me to access the setup or any function. any ideas?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by mbrockman (12/14/09 9:20 AM) reply + / -
My cx6400 say "Printer error see your documentation and call service if necessary."
My printer does not allow me to access the setup or any function. any ideas?

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by mohitdhingra (12/14/09 9:46 AM) reply + / -
I think all of you suffering from drawbacks of Epson CX6400.i am also using the same.i search alot on internet finally got the solution on Epson Printer ink

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (1/1/10 2:43 PM) reply + / -
Found this on techsupportforum.com and it worked for me. Good Luck!

Press and HOLD all following buttons: Power, Load/Eject (I don't have this button, so I skipped this), Stop, B&W, Color. Continue to hold the buttons until "Init Eeprom" appears on the printer screen. Press Color button to clear protection counter.

The panel then told me to press the power button, I did. When it came back up, everything was fine.

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (2/13/10 12:59 PM) reply + / -
I can't believe all the problems I am seeing on the CX6400. I have had mine since they came out and the only problem I am having is finding the ink. I also updated my system and all the components are out of date. Don't know what to do about that. Anyone can help it would be deeply appreciated. This has been a good printer, I don't want to replace it.

Re: Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (4/16/10 3:09 AM) reply + / -
Thank you, thank you! This worked for me, too! (simultaneously holdng power, load / eject (if present), stop, B&W, color) This is brilliant. I'm so happy not to have to phone round to find someone to repair my printer (which has in fact given me great service for more than six years--I always use Epson inks, which are expensive but they don't ruin the printer. I order them online.)

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer paper loading by Jimmy L Porter (4/26/10 6:52 AM) reply + / -
Did you finda solution to your problem? I have the same problem with my CX4800 in that the paper will not feed into the machine. I did have a paper jam and pulled the paper out of the machine the wrong way. The manual says to not do this. Now I get no feeding of paper at all. Just noise as the printing head goes back and forth.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (4/26/10 9:07 AM) reply + / -
Jimmy, If you pull the paper out from the paper tray (back of printer) then you most likely damaged the paper feed clutch.

Which means you will need to open the printer and repalce the part or have it repaired.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Anonymous (5/8/10 10:49 AM) reply + / -
Ditto, this just worked for me as well with my printer. Thanks a million for the resolution, I just purchased so much ink and glad now that I don't have to waste it. What is up with Epson though; why are they not standing behind their product?

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Mister bungle o (8/16/10 9:26 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much! I had the printer error msg, and couldn't print. I installed the utility according to your instructions and found the print count was a couple thousand pages - 11,000 I think. I reset it w/ the software, was real easy . Power cycled the printer after it was done, and now it works again!

6400 scan streaks by Jeff S. (4/8/11 9:24 AM) reply + / -
My trusty CX6400 has developed streaks in my scanned images, is there any cure? Jeff

epson DX 4850 by LAGET (7/5/11 11:18 PM) reply + / -
pourquoi le haut de mes lignes ne s'imprime pas correctementsur mon imprimante Epson DX4850

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by jimi6666 (edited 8/30/11 4:26 PM) reply + / -
Turn on printer get error message: printer error-see your documentation and call service if necessary,in screen on printer. Thru the computer I get an internal part has used up its life. Emailed Epson and was told to unplug from outlet and plug into a different one. Also to disconnect from USB port and reconnect. Did not help. Worth fixing or should just replace? I do have extra ink for this machine.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Wes (8/30/11 5:11 PM) reply + / -
If it said parts needed replaced then that is a Maintenance Recueset Error. Meaning to need to reset the protection counter and clean or replace the absorber pads.

You can ususally get away with just resetting the protection counter once. Read here for resetting the protection counter http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

Re: Re: Epson CX6400 printer by JennieMarie (9/3/11 10:16 AM) reply + / -
I am having the exact issue as the person you are responding to here. I did remove the yellow pull tape from my new ink cartridges on my CX6400. The printer says all inks are 100% full, as they should be since they are brand new. The printer goes through the motions as if it were printing a full page, yet nothing is on the paper.

The scanner works, sends images to the PC with no issues. I cannot print a scanned document or a document sent to the printer from the computer. The printer thinks its working but the pages are blank.

I ran the head cleaning 2 times, no results. If I do have a stubborn clog, can I fix it myself?

Have you received any training on this model since your post here in 2004? I would love it if we could figure this out. I received the printer used from my mother, who claimed it worked just fine when she had it.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by jimi6666 (9/3/11 2:06 PM) reply + / -
My problem is fixed. It turned out to be a counter reset, which I did manually since the SSC service utility did not work. I did nothing about pad or excess ink container. This is the first reset. Should I worry?
To JennieMarie You might check to see if the drivers are up to date.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Jamesb123 (3/7/12 6:46 AM) reply + / -
My printer misses printing forming horizontal white banding...i have cleaned my nozle heas numerous times and realigned the heads etc but still does it - any ideas?!

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by PeggyLou (4/26/12 6:18 AM) reply + / -
Wow. Thanks for the helpful information. I was getting "Error Message to call service center, my print had exceeded its useful life". Did the reset mentioned on the previous posts and it seems to be working fine.

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by Scary Dave (9/14/12 4:30 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Anonymous posted on 01/01/10. Yes, that has cleared the red exclamation mark. Made my day.

Re: Epson DX AIO 4850 printer by jaysto83 (3/21/14 3:07 AM) reply + / -
Hello
I have the have the above printer little used. Suddenly for no apparent reason the on off switch appears to have developed a fault.
Having been switched off over night, in the morning I switch it on and it is working ok, having finish printing I switch it off. then after a few hours I try switching it on, no joy no matter what i do the same thing occurs the following day.
The only clue I can give is, the green LED adjacent to the multiple memory slots lights up just as it should do.
I am quite prepared to effect a repair if it is the switch.
Are there any tests I can undertake to prove this,
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
jaysto83

Re: Epson CX6400 printer by printerrepairpros (3/24/14 3:59 PM) reply + / -
jaysto83...Just a guess. Don't think it is a switch problem. Some of the older Epson units develope a problem with capacitor failures on the power supply boards and behave as you describe. Hope this helps.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters