fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus Photo 810 Paper Jam

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus Photo 810 Paper Jam by Bob Adams (8/27/04 10:21 PM) reply + / -
Hi all,,, really need help here with my sp810

I misfed the paper into the printer and it tried to pull a wad of 10 sheets in causing a nasty jam. Foolishly I tried yanking the paper back out of the top (backwards) It now seems to be permenantly jammed? even though there is no paper inside

I have searched through the old posts and read about the paper jam sensor on 820 and Rich's PDF....Although I'm not sure whether this is the prob or something more fatal!

The cartridge assembly did move back to it's home in the right,,,,,Beneath this is this where the head cleaner is with the inky pad? The piece of plastic here was loose

On the "Epson Status Monitor" it did give me a message of PAPER JAM before showing me the cartridge status (almost full)

It makes a nasty GRINDING SOUND when I start it up or attempt a print?.....I've unplugged the printer and in desperation I shook it above my head and some pieces of plastic not broken one black and white.

fell out? I don't know how they slot back in. Also ink pad fell out and TWO SMALL SPRINGS! One being shorter than the other

The middle light (paper) is on now whenever the printer is plugged in (not flashing)

I'm in England, UK I don't know if Epson UK is making available the sp810 service manual for free?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, THIS PRINTER HAS BEEN GOOD FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS PRINTING OUT PHOTOS AND TEXT ON AN ALMOST DAILY BASIS, Thanks in advance,

Bob.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 810 Paper Jam by Bob Adams (8/27/04 10:30 PM) reply + / -
just add that the black plastic item is L shaped. The white is square with a circles and pins on the side....Is this for the head cleaning? To be honest I only ever looked inside to change the ink cartridges!

Bob

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 810 Paper Jam by Denny Conway (9/1/04 10:36 AM) reply + / -
Bob: Unfortunatly, that Epson UK web-site for free on-line Service Manuals, was shut down or stopped, just a short time after it became available. I'm guessing it was pulled by Epson Company USA, because there was information available in those manuals that was not supposed to be released by any "Epson Authorized Service Dealors". Again, thats only my guess and I don't really know why it was shut down. There is a "Stylus Photo 810, 820 Printers
Service Manual" available from "2manuals.com", for around $10.00, that can be downloaded from their web-site. You can read what that manual offers, at http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_18_39&products_id=153 . The closest parts diagrams that I am aware of is for the "Epson Stylus Photo 820" [which is the USA version of your "820"], which is available as an EXPLODED DIAGRAM from Compass Micro Inc, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . I would hope that with the Service Manual and that Exploded Diagram to use for reference, disassembly and troubleshooting, you may be able to identify where those parts may go, once you remove the Top Cover Assembly and probably the Paper Holder/Paper Rest Assembly as well...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 810 Paper Jam by ian priest (9/7/04 8:39 AM) reply + / -
both the green & red lights are flashing ,unable to print anything ,have changed cartridges for new ones
regards Ian Priest

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 810 Paper Jam by Denny Conway (9/7/04 9:22 AM) reply + / -
Ian: A Service Error where all LED's/Lights are blinking at the same time, is normally a Maintenance Request Error. The maintenance request error is actually a Waste Ink Ink Pad Error and normally your remedy is to replace the Waste Ink Pad/Pads with a new one/ones and then reset the Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by holding them under running cold water, then dry them out and simply reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make. I would at least recommend getting that Waste Ink Counter reset procedure and performing it first, to make sure your printer will then work...THIS ADDITIONAL INFO POSTED BY "WES", MIGHT ALSO BE OF SOME HELP: Wes 12/07/2003 13:57:30 To see what's involved in servicing the waste ink pads try this http://www.epsonhelp.web1000.com/wip.html [OR] Tim H 12/10/2003 2:46:24 Subject: Epson Reset Program Download Location. after a long search for a reset program for waste ink, without paying, i found it. goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe . please check that your printer is compatible goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html . this program has other features as well...TECH NOTE: Unfortunatly, that "SSC Service Utility" does not work on all Epson Printers and not on all Operating Systems and sometimes will not even work on actually listed printer models, so you will have to check it out for yourself. If it does not work for you, then all you can really do is try a different solution. You will have to check on your particular Epson Printer Model and your Operating System, but there is another free reset program, that you may be able to actually use. I have no way of knowing if it will actually work on your printer, but its available from www.resetters.com . I have never tried that source myself, but it was recommended by "WES", off this Printer Repair Site. Just in case that source does not work: You may actually need to go on-line to try and locate a "SERVICE MANUAL" or a "RESET PROCEDURE", to buy and download for reference in disassembly, troubleshooting and servicing. I have not checked, but you can normally find Service Manuals and or Service Adjustment Programs/Resets for most Epson Printers, from 2manuals.com, at http://www.2manuals.com/index.php?cPath=2_18 (most Service Manuals can usually be downloaded for around $10 /- )...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters