fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon Laser Class 9000

Post a new message thread

Canon Laser Class 9000 by Kristi (8/9/04 7:43 AM) + / -
Does anyone have the User Guide for the Canon Laser Class 9000?

I need to reformat the fax/copier, but I've not had any luck finding any information about how to do so.

Thanks.

Kristi

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by chris (8/16/04 9:19 AM) +1 + / -
well I had to call Canon about something on my 9000... as it turns out the manual will/would have to be ordered from them. 800-828-4040.

feel free to e-mail me with your question I'll see if I can find a answer in the manual that we have here.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Tom (8/31/04 7:30 AM) -1 + / -
What does the blinking red light on the top right of the machine mean? It's a large light.
Thanks,

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (8/31/04 9:26 AM) + / -
Are you asking this about a 9000? The light on the 9000 is at the bottom of the control panel. Definitely not at the top right no matter which way the machine is oriented.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by natedogg103 (3/29/05 3:14 PM) +4 + / -
How do I get the Canon Laser Class 9000 to stop printing reports?

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (3/29/05 3:20 PM) + / -
Flip open the panel on top and you'll see a Data Registration button. Push that and search through the menus till you find one that says Report on/off. Change it to off and push Set.

Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (4/21/05 7:47 AM) + / -
I'm getting an error message on the screen of my 9000L... "TURN REG SW OFF"... any ideas?

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (4/21/05 9:14 AM) + / -
Push the stop button.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by rico (5/28/05 1:59 AM) +1 + / -
flip up speed dial panels, right at the top under the panels u will see a small button move it to the left or right, i think left turns it off

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by rpascal (6/6/05 3:22 PM) + / -
Can someone tell me how to clear the memory. Its at 99%, and I have no manual.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (6/6/05 5:20 PM) +1 + / -
Open top overlay panel. Hit the following buttons in sequence.
Data Registration
#
Scroll down to #8 Clear
Set
Scroll up to All
Set
Stop

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by bdwulf (6/7/05 11:49 AM) +2 + / -
On occasions, our Laser Class 9000 isn't able to connect with any fax machines on outgoing faxes. No matter who I try to send a fax to, it cannot connect, auto redials & eventually comes back with Error Report #018 stating line is busy/no dial tone. Why is it doing this and how can I correct it?

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by dwlaser (6/15/05 2:43 PM) + / -
just to the left of the key pad on the left side you will see a small switch turn it off

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by JPBEN (6/16/05 8:36 AM) -1 + / -
Does anyone know how to program a number on 1-touch dial, please?

... no instruction manual - it's driving me nuts.

Thx
JP

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (6/17/05 2:07 PM) +2 + / -
Hi JPBEN,

Good news!! I found my manual!! The directions are too long to type, but I can fax/email them to you if you'd like. Please let me know.

Sincerely,
victoria.delgado@themills.com

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by JPBEN (6/23/05 11:05 AM) + / -
Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for your response - could you either e-mail to jpabenay@yahoo.com, or fax to 617-346-6584?

Thanks again!
JP

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (6/29/05 2:15 PM) + / -
Could you please e-mail me the manual for Canon Laser Class 9000.
The big light red light on the control panel is blinking. Don't have manual, does anybody knows what it means.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (7/1/05 6:29 AM) +1 + / -
It means you are out of Paper.

There are three paper trays. Make sure all three has paper. Probably the one you missed is the one below the tray where your fax or copies fall through. There is one for legal size. Fill that up.

Good luck!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Stephen (7/1/05 9:13 AM) + / -
I believe the third tray was an option, so the 9000 with the blinking light might only have two trays.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by mbeckster (7/6/05 8:25 AM) + / -
Hi guys,

Got a question. One of our satellite offices has a 9000 and it has a blinking red light and a message saying check printer. It apparently has faxes waiting to print but it won't print out anything. The person in that office says it has paper. Any ideas? Also if anyone has a manual scanned or in .pdf or .doc format, I'd be happy to get it. mbeck@peoplelinkstaffing.com

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (7/6/05 9:08 AM) + / -
Keep an eye out for an email from yousendit.com

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by erowe (7/7/05 8:11 AM) + / -
Just need to know how to clear memory on Laser Class 9000. I have manual at other office...just need it where I am currently.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (7/7/05 9:44 AM) + / -
Data Registration
#
Scroll Down to 8
8 clear
Set
Scroll up to All
Set
Stop

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by erowe (7/12/05 6:18 AM) + / -
Thanks Moe,

Would you or anyone happen to have the instructions on how I can confirm the Laser Class 9000 is set up to print off confirmation pages? My user's are no longer getting confirmations. I believe someone hit a button. I'm back off site & once again didn't remember to bring a manual to this site. Would appreciate any help out there.

Erowe -

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (7/12/05 7:35 AM) + / -
Can someone tell me how to change the phone # and name assigned to the fax. I just moved it to a new location and don't know where the manual is.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by VDELGADO (7/12/05 8:40 AM) + / -
Hi Erowe,

Are you talking about when you send a fax and a confirmation page prints with either an "OK" or a "NG"?

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Jenn (7/12/05 8:55 AM) + / -
Still me trying to change the name assigned to the fax. What I'm looking to do is when the fax prints out at the receiving end it shows the name currently assigned to the fax machine. I want to change that name to the new location name so that I don't confuse people where the fax is coming from.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by erowe (7/12/05 8:56 AM) + / -
Yes sir. I found out how.

Data Registration
# 2 Report Setting
TX Reporting
Make sure it's not on "Print error faxes only" / set it to "all - Yes".
hit set
than stop

Erowe -

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Stephen (7/14/05 8:18 PM) + / -
All the settings start with opening the plastic covers over the speed dial buttons, and then pressing data registration, then the set key selects a sub menu or option.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Kelly (7/20/05 6:19 AM) + / -
Stephen - thank you for your post on 07/14/05, it helped!! Was easy to do. My boss will be so happy!!

Thank you - Kelly

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by John G (7/20/05 8:50 AM) + / -
Hello

Is there a way to configure the fax machine to receive faxes on an incoming fax line and to change the handset jack to be able to send faxes out on another telephone line?

Thank you

John

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by AngieM (7/21/05 1:38 PM) + / -
Would someone please fax me the instructions for programming the one touch buttons? We got a hand-me-down fax as well. Thanks! 407-303-1149

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by VDELGADO (7/21/05 1:51 PM) + / -
Hi Angie,

I have just faxed you over the instructions. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. Have a great day!

Victoria

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (7/25/05 12:15 PM) + / -
Re: Changing the name assigned to the fax.

Hi Jenn

I was reviewing the posts at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums and I did not see an answer to your question. Have you been sucessful in changing the name? If so, could you please let me know how.

Yours
Michael

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (8/5/05 12:21 PM) + / -
My company just got a Canon Laser Class 9000L can someone email me a manual?
Also Canon 9000 is always telling me to change toner. Tried several toners and it just doesn't go away. PLease help.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (8/5/05 4:12 PM) + / -
Take the toner cartridge out and look in the center of the opening. You will see a small black plastic button sticking up inside the printer. This is the toner sensor. Check and see if it's not broken and is making contact with the toner cartridge.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (9/26/05 5:13 PM) + / -
Hi Victoria,

Out of the kindness of your heart, would you please send me (cpeinado@chworks.org) a copy of your pdf user manual for the Canon Laser Class 9000? I can not receive any incoming faxes and I think the auto answer option is set to NO and I can not figure out how to see to switch it to YES!! Please Please..
Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (9/26/05 5:24 PM) +1 + / -
See that button on top labeled "MANUAL RX". If the green light above it is on, push the button and turn it off. We have one of those 9000s in our office. We have no manual. If I need to do anything, I figure it out by pushing the likely looking buttons. For instance the "MANUAL RX". If it's in manual receive, how is it going to receive faxes automatically? It's just common sense. I can actually program it faster by accident than by reading the manual, if I had one.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (9/27/05 8:31 PM) + / -
Perhaps if someone knows how to do the simple things, like set the phone number, the time, the user name and some other things of that nature they could earn our gratitude by posting to this thread. If so, thanx in advance.

mal

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by tbrinson (10/14/05 5:55 AM) + / -
Does anyone know how to/con you turn off the beeps (sound) when dialing numbers on this machine?

I don't have a manual if any one has it could you please send it to tbrinson@edcaugusta.com

Thanks

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (10/17/05 3:19 PM) + / -
tbrinson,
I don't have a manual either and if anyone has one I could use it, Fax is 248-322-5309 or bollanbldgco@aol.com but in the mean time follow this to turn off the beeps. Hit "data registration" then set, at user setting hit set, then scroll down to volume control & hit set, on keypad volume hit set, then scroll to "0" and hit set. Now hit stop and you are set.
Good Luck

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by hg322 (10/21/05 8:44 AM) + / -
Does anyone help on this website???? i asked for help a month ago, and i have not yet gotten an answer!!! I need to know how to program phone numbers into the fax... I forgot how, and i lost my manual..........

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (10/21/05 9:21 AM) + / -
We have one of those in our office. We have no manual for it. Whenever I need to program something, I just push buttons and figure it out. First thing you do is open the panel over the buttons and hit Data Registration. If you hit the up or down arrow, you'll get a choice between Data Registration and Telephone Registration. Hit Set when you find the one you like. Then you just hit the up or down arrows and when you find the selection that looks right, hit Set and enter the information. I can usually figure it out faster than looking it up in the manual (I don't have) and reading through the step by step instructions.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (10/21/05 9:25 AM) + / -
thanks... i actually tried that... but it wont say programed... hehehe... oh well i guess i'll just keep messing around with it.... thanks!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (10/21/05 10:38 AM) + / -
Hi Victoria,

I got your email from fixyourownprinter.com .
Can you please send me instructions as to How to program a fax# into the memory (speed dial...)?

I find it quite amusing that there are so many people that have this same problem yet Canon has not yet been able to send out any instructions on this topic.

Your assistance would be appreciated, Thank You, ;o)
Regards, Mike Barry
FAX #: (613) 784-8910

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kim123 (11/7/05 9:42 AM) + / -
Just found my manual for 8500. If anyone needs something "specific" I can scan that section and email it to them.

Just to not tie up my work line, if you need anything from the laser class 8500, email me at kimlynnthompson@yahoo.ca

Hope I can help someone!

kim

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by rickwatsonvr4 (11/7/05 10:40 AM) + / -
Kim, I appreciate the response. Do you have the user guide. I need to know how to program phone numbers individually and then build a group or groups of people to fax to. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Rick

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kim123 (11/7/05 10:49 AM) + / -
Please send me your email address. I have scanned the information on speed dials and group dialing setup and can email you in pdf format.

Glad to help!

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by rickwatsonvr4 (11/7/05 3:29 PM) + / -
Kim, I appreciate this. My email address is rickwatsonvr4@yahoo.com. Thanks again
Rick Watson

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by JoeCrow (11/10/05 10:51 AM) + / -
Kim
You are a lifesaver! Could I have the instructions sent also?
Thanks
Joe
joecrocenzi@hotmail.com

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by star26 (11/19/05 5:40 PM) + / -
Please help.

Our office has a Canon 9000s fax machine. We have pre-programmed numbers in the fax machine. However, we need to change number for the setting. Our fax numbers are full. We have the manual, but their is no information about editing programmed numbers.

Thanks.
star26

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Kidaeshus (11/24/05 9:09 AM) + / -
Go the Speed Dials as if to add one then use Up and/or Down to locate the one you want to change. Press Set and continue editing as if adding a new one. Press Clear to wipe original name or phone number.

HTH

Canon Laser Class 9000 Speed Dials by Kidaeshus (11/24/05 9:39 AM) + / -
To Add or Edit 1-Touch Dialing numbers:

Open both speed dial panels to expose the bottom layer and hit Data Registration.

Hit the Down arrow key once for Tel Registration, then Set.

First available is 1-Touch Speed Dial, hit Set.

Use Up and/or Down arrows to get to the number (01-72) that you wish to Add or Edit. Hit Set.

Use the phone number keypad to add the fax number and associative name. You can erase a pre-existing entry with the Clear button if you dont want to overwrite. Press Set to accept entries you have entered.

Use the Up and Down arrow keys to get to the next to Edit or Add.

Press Stop when done.

Press Report, Down arrow, Set, Set, Set to generate an ordered report.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Big John (1/4/06 6:15 AM) + / -
Does anyone know how to get a page count printed out of a 9000?
Thanks!
John

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (1/10/06 8:47 AM) + / -
open one touch panel.

hit Data Reg

hit #

hit Report.

arrow up one.

then it will say system dump.

hit set.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (1/11/06 10:59 AM) + / -
Does anyone know of a way to clear the memory but keep the set 1-touch dialing #'s? The last time I cleared the memory it cleared the programmed phone numbers and I don't want that to happen again.

clear memory but keep 1-touch dialing by Anonymous (1/12/06 8:09 AM) + / -
open panel.
hit data reg.
#
arrow down to #8 clear
hit set
then arrow to each and hit set except TEL and ALL.
user switch.
service switch.
Ncu.
service data.
Report.
counter
THEN HIT STOP YOU ARE DONE.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000L by kdm1320 (1/12/06 9:03 AM) + / -
We just attempted to send our first fax using this machine. The fax took forever to send, which we know could have something to do with the receiving end. But all the while a light was lit "Direct Text" and we're not sure what that means. Is that why the fax took so long and is it something we can adjust??
Thanks in advance.
Kim

Re: clear memory but keep 1-touch dialing by Anonymous (1/12/06 9:05 AM) + / -
I tried the above steps but my memory didn't clear. Any thoughts as to why?
Thanks.

Re: Re: clear memory but keep 1-touch dialing by Anonymous (1/12/06 9:21 AM) + / -
unplug machine,hold down the stop button while pluging back in. you will her a series of beeps and the green memory light will go out then let go.

Canon Laser Class 9000 - Print Memory Contents by briazen (1/12/06 11:18 AM) + / -
The memory light is lit and contains a fax that I received yesterday. I really need this fax and can't figure out how to print it out from the memory.

Would be grateful for any help/advice with this. Thanks!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 - Print Memory Contents by Anonymous (1/12/06 11:30 AM) + / -
is the machine printing new faxes as they come in if yes try to unplug it and plug it back in. some times the machine locks up and you may never get it out but try that and let me know.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 - Print Memory Cont by briazen (1/12/06 11:40 AM) + / -
It was printing out them as they came in before, but when I went to pick up my fax, it wasn't there and the memory light was lit. I printed a report and verified that the fax I was expecting indeed did arrive.

So, up until yesterday, yes they printed out.

If I unplug the fax machine and plug it back in, will the contents in the memory still be intact? Thanks.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Richy (1/12/06 1:20 PM) + / -
yes the machine has a battery to back it up.if you do loose it you have a problem with the machine.

Re:Canon Laser Class 9000 - Print Memory Contents by briazen (1/12/06 1:38 PM) + / -
OK. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The machine returns to the state it was in. In other words, it's ready to receive, but the memory light is still lit.

Is there a procedure for printing out the contents of the memory?

Thanks.

Re:Canon Laser Class 9000 - Print Memory Contents by briazen (1/12/06 6:31 PM) + / -
OK. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The machine returns to the state it was in. In other words, it's ready to receive, but the memory light is still lit.

Is there a procedure for printing out the contents of the memory?

Thanks.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 - Print Memory Cont by briazen (1/12/06 6:34 PM) + / -
Hey, Anonymous! I found a manual here in the office! :)

This is how to print the contents of the memory (Applicable to at least the 7000, 7500, and 9000 models of the Canon Laser Class Fax machines):

1) Open the One-touch Speed Dialing panels. Then press MEMORY REFERENCE.

2) Press the search keys to display PRINT DOCUMENT. Then press SET. (The search keys are the arrow keys also under the One-touch Speed Dialing panels and not the ones on the main panel.)

3) Press the search keys to display the transaction number of the document that you want to print. Then press SET.

4) Press * to print only the first page of the document OR press # to print the entire document.

5) Press STOP to return to standby.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone out there!

Have fun!! :)

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by briazen (1/12/06 6:36 PM) + / -
Hey, Richy! I found a manual here in the office! :)

This is how to print the contents of the memory (Applicable to at least the 7000, 7500, and 9000 models of the Canon Laser Class Fax machines):

1) Open the One-touch Speed Dialing panels. Then press MEMORY REFERENCE.

2) Press the search keys to display PRINT DOCUMENT. Then press SET. (The search keys are the arrow keys also under the One-touch Speed Dialing panels and not the ones on the main panel.)

3) Press the search keys to display the transaction number of the document that you want to print. Then press SET.

4) Press * to print only the first page of the document OR press # to print the entire document.

5) Press STOP to return to standby.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone out there!

Have fun!! :)

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kuby (1/18/06 10:25 AM) + / -
1.. Open both One-touch Speed Dialing panels. Then press REPORT.

1. ACTIVITY REPORT

2. PressSET.

After you press SET, the fax prints an Activity Management
Report in the standard format with all transactions listed chronologically.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by T (1/18/06 12:23 PM) + / -
My company recently aquired a Canon fax machine without the manual and I can't figure out how to turn on the ringer. Can anyone help?

If there are still some copies of the manual out there, could someone forward a copy to buildingenvelope@hotmail.com?

Thank you very much,

T

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (1/18/06 12:45 PM) + / -
Ya look just to the left of the pause button. You'll see a volume slider.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (1/26/06 8:19 AM) + / -
I am trying to change the number and Title that goes out on our faxes. Did you get this figured out? Can you send me instructions or a copy of the manual?

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (1/26/06 9:25 AM) + / -
Don't need a manual for something so simple.
Open up the panels over the numbers. Hit Data Registration, Set, Set. Then use the down arrow below the space key to select which function to change.

No Subject by Anonymous (2/8/06 10:27 AM) + / -
How can I turn this silly light off? The fax is working fine and all the paper trays are full. I don't understand why it keeps on blinking. I'd like to learn why it's blinking and how to turn it off! Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you ahead of time,
Thomas

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Techone (3/8/06 12:05 PM) + / -
Canon User Guides can be purchased from any Canon dealer.
Under the United States Copyight 1998 by Canon,Inc, No part of the publication may be reproduced. It is illegal to transmit in any form or by any means, electronic,mechanical, magnetic or optical without prior permission of Canon Inc, USA.
The LC9000 User Guide Part number is HT1-2116-000.
To legally obtain the guide call 800-678-9890 or http://www.loyal.net

Canon Laser 9000 - Fax - Error - Rec. Paper by LowSpark420 (3/16/06 7:27 AM) +1 + / -
PLEASE - someone answer the question.

We have opened every door on the fax...it is full of paper...it appears we are able to send/receive fax's, yet, it keeps blinking a red light with an error of "Rec. Paper" or "Supply Rec. Paper"

What does this mean and how do we fix?

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Techone (3/16/06 8:07 AM) + / -
Try putting paper in the AUXILLARY TRAY, you'll find this on the left side of the machine under the receiving tray.
This will hold LEGAL,A4 or LETTER.

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (3/21/06 10:07 AM) + / -
Do you still have your manual on the Canon Laser Class 9000? I'm trying to figure out how to program #s into it? If you can, email it to me at kristen.leonard@ctt.com or fax to 559-261-2613. Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (3/21/06 2:15 PM) + / -
I have not found my manual but if you are looking for the instructions for programming speed dial numbers they were posted around 11/2005. Yes, I scrolled through the post hoping that someone actually posted instructions instead of just requests for the manual. THANKS KIDAESHUS!!!
BTW, if anyone has the manual in PDF; caaarrrlllooosss@yahoo.com :)

"Canon Laser Class 9000 Speed Dials by Kidaeshus

Open both speed dial panels to expose the bottom layer and hit Data Registration.

Hit the Down arrow key once for Tel Registration, then Set.

First available is 1-Touch Speed Dial, hit Set.

Use Up and/or Down arrows to get to the number (01-72) that you wish to Add or Edit. Hit Set.

Use the phone number keypad to add the fax number and associative name. You can erase a pre-existing entry with the Clear button if you dont want to overwrite. Press Set to accept entries you have entered.

Use the Up and Down arrow keys to get to the next to Edit or Add.

Press Stop when done.

Press Report, Down arrow, Set, Set, Set to generate an ordered report."

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by yet2b (3/22/06 12:57 AM) + / -
Sometimes, when receiving longer faxes, they print out backwards. Does that mean the LC 9000s needs more memory? Does anyone know a good source for upgrade memory for the 9000s?

Thanks!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Techone (3/22/06 5:22 AM) + / -
Is "PRINT IN ORDER' selected in the RX SETTINGS?
We have mamory for the Canon facsimile units
http://www.loyal.net

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kuby (edited 3/22/06 5:26 AM) + / -
What do you mean they print out backwards? If you mean some come in upside down - that is the way they are put in the machine on the other end (the one that sent it to you)

The fax machine will only print what it sees. If they are out of order, again that is the way they are loaded on the other end.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (4/10/06 2:42 PM) + / -
hi--

how do you add a 9, before any number dialed out? so users don't have to each time they fax?

thx!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by EK (4/19/06 9:34 AM) + / -
Could anyone tell me how can I turn off the annoying speaker so that the machine is quiet when sending faxes?
Also, if you can, please email me the manual at rudobeck@hotmail.com Thank you

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Techone (4/19/06 12:04 PM) + / -
Volume control is the small slider swith locacted on the left side of the Operations Panel.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Techone (4/20/06 5:34 AM) + / -
We do have the USER GUIDE for all Canon Facsimile units.
These are hard copies available for purchase.
It would be illegal to reproduce, transmit, or reproduce by any means,electronically or otherwise any Canon copyrighted material.
If you wish to purchase http://www.loyal.net

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Traci (5/16/06 8:08 AM) + / -
I'm w/out Owner's manual as well.

My 9000L is sending faxes, but won't receive any. (we have tone, I have sent faxes out. I have called the machine, it just rings and ring, doesn't pick up unless you pick it up manually)

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Traci (5/16/06 8:49 AM) + / -
Never mind...I figured it out.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (6/6/06 10:29 AM) + / -
How did you figure it out? We have the same issue and nothing we try works... It sends the fax fine. When we try to send a test fax to the 9000 it comes back with an error message of "no answer" or "busy"?

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (6/6/06 12:41 PM) + / -
There is a button below the display that is labeled "Manual RX". If the light above it is illuminated, push the button.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Todd-x (6/7/06 12:17 PM) + / -
Is there any way to reverse the page printing order so it will print pg 1, 2, 3, etc.

instead of

pg etc. 3, 2, 1

many thanks!

Todd

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kuby (6/8/06 5:41 AM) + / -
Data registration - SET

scroll down to 5:Printer Setting - SET

scroll down to 4:Print In Order - SET

OFF - Arrange received document pages in reverse order.

ON - Arrange received document pages in the order
they were sent. Printing does not start until
all documents are received.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (6/9/06 9:34 AM) + / -
Thank you very much for your help!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (6/13/06 10:08 AM) + / -
We are getting a check printer cover error - what part do they consider the printer cover - we have opened and closed every part/door we can find?

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (6/13/06 10:23 AM) + / -
There are 4 doors that will cause the error. There are 2 on the right side of the printer. If you look closely, there is a white plastic switch on the right side of the doors. The toner door has a black plastic switch on the left side. Then there is the fuser access door on the other side of the printer that has a switch on the left side. Check the doors don't have any broken actuators that hit the switches. Check the switches by pushing on them manually.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (6/13/06 10:24 AM) + / -
thanks, Moe

got it

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by JCook (7/12/06 10:56 AM) + / -
Can someone email me the service manual for a LaserClass 9000 (or the instructions on how to replace the fuser)?

Thank you! Email is jcook@tallgrasstech.com

Jeff

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (7/12/06 12:46 PM) + / -
You don't need a service manual for 4 screws! Open the door. Remove the 2 screws holding the black plastic plate. Pull the plate off. Remove the 2 screws holding the fuser in. Pull fuser out. Reverse procedure to install.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by pgrier (7/14/06 11:16 AM) + / -
Does anybody know how to setup the Canon Laser Class 9000 so it prints a confirmation page after each FAX ... I am DESPERATE!!
Thank you ...

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (7/14/06 11:28 AM) + / -
I can't believe people have problems with something that is so easy. Lift the panels over the buttons. Push the DATA REGISTRATION button. Push the SET button. Push the down arrow once. Push the SET button. Now use the down arrow to select which report you want it to print or if you want to print the Transmit cofirmation report, just hit the SET button.
Hint: You can set anything you want by following the same basic procedure. All it takes is a little bit of common sense and button pushing. It's actually a lot easier than trying to figure out the extremely complicated and poorly written user manual.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by babyu620 (7/21/06 10:59 AM) + / -
Hello,

I have a canon 9000s fax machine and for some reason I can't get it to work...its been working fine for last couple of years but I cant receive any faxs or send any its says auto redial...

Can anyone tell me why it wont let me send out the fax? I dont want to pay a technician. I thought it might be the memory but I erased everything so I dont know what could be it....Please HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Sandra

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (7/21/06 11:11 AM) + / -
Try pushing the STOP button and when prompted push the *. That should stop it from Auto Redialing. Are you getting a dial tone?

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (7/21/06 11:27 AM) + / -
No I am not getting a dial tone and I just found the manual and nothing seems to help....

any sugestions?

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (7/21/06 2:08 PM) + / -
If you're not getting a dial tone, then it's no wonder it is not receiving or sending a fax. This is NOT a problem with the fax machine. Last one I saw like this, a long-legged secretary had kicked the telephone plug out of the wall. If both ends are hooked up and plugged in the right place on the fax, then I would try plugging a phone into that outlet and see if it is working.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by babyu620 (7/24/06 6:26 AM) + / -
Thank you I fixed the problem. I just switch the plug to a different outlet. Everything was plugged in. Dont know what might of happen but thank you for your response

sandra

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by clearbid andy (7/28/06 8:07 AM) + / -
Is there away to set up the machine to scan all the pages to memory, and then send it out? Right now, it is scanning a page, then sending it out, and it is taking a very long time.
Thanks!

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (7/28/06 10:33 AM) + / -
It should scan pages to memory. I know mine does. There might be a setting in the Data Registration menu under TX settings that controls it. That would be the only place I can think of to set it. You can also push the resolution button at the top left and change it to Standard. It will scan a lot faster that way.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (7/28/06 3:51 PM) + / -
I can't believe all these whiners who lost their manual. Doesn't anyone even try to lift up the panel, hit the Data Registration button and figure it out for themselves?? It's so easy, once you get the hang of using the up/down arrow and the set button. Much faster than looking it up in the confusing manual. I'll bet these are all the same people who had the 12:00 blinking on their VCRs.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kuby (edited 7/31/06 5:48 AM) + / -
Clearbid,

Make sure that the DIRECT TX light is not on, other wise it will scan and send one page at a time.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (8/21/06 8:57 AM) + / -
We have the Canon Laser Class 9000 Super G3 fax machine.
We cannon seem to get faxes from one of our cuatomers. We get faxes from every one else. We have had the phone people, fax people and computer people out, all to to avail. I just got the Canon Laser Class 710 Super G3 on Friday, after having to trash the old 7000. Up until Friday, I was the only one who could receive faxes from this customer. Lo and behold, after switching to the 710 on Friday, I couldn't seem to get faxes from them either. After reading both manuals, I turned the ECM option off and it worked...so I thought maybe this was the 9000's problem...but it wasn't. Any other ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

Bev in VA

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by LOST again (8/21/06 3:54 PM) +1 + / -
Would someone please send me (carlos.luna@enbridge.com) a copy of your pdf user manual for the Canon Laser Class 9000? I can not receive any incoming faxes.
Thanks

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (8/21/06 6:01 PM) + / -
4th button on top labeled MX RECEIVE. If the light above it is lit, push the button and your problems are over.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Nina (8/23/06 8:10 AM) + / -
Hi all, I am having trouble deleting and adding Company names and fax numbers in the GROUP dailing area. Can anyone help with simple instructions.

Thanks so much!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (8/23/06 9:45 AM) + / -
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/21452#159

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by leslie at work (8/29/06 7:06 AM) + / -
Hi, My office has a 9000S and if we ever had a manual, it is long gone by now. Does anyone know if this has the capability to block fax numbers? I've been able to figure it out on the newer fax machines but am stumped with the 9000S. It's a great feature to block fax spammers.
Thanks for any help, Leslie

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (8/29/06 9:35 AM) + / -
I don't know about the faxes you get, but spammers almost never put their fax numbers on their headers. I don't have mine on my header either. That's because if they are dumb enough to provide a fax number on their spam, I'll send them 120 solid black pages. Doesn't cost me anything but a couple minutes time. A 120 solid black pages will put a big dent in a toner cartridge. I use 120 because that's the max memory on my 9000.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Rajendra Ramsarran (9/8/06 8:54 AM) + / -
I need to know how to rectify this problem,we can send fax but cannot receive

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kuby (9/8/06 10:50 AM) + / -
Rajendra,

Make sure the Manual RX light is out. If the light is green, then you are in manual recieve mode. To put it in Auto recieve, press it again and make the light go out.

Hope this helps

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Scudder Consulting (9/13/06 4:03 PM) + / -
A good deal of information can be gleaned from this page by doing a word search. For example if you are looking for speed dial instructions:

1) Press Ctrl + F to open your browsers find dialog (some browsers may open the find dialog at the top or bottom of the screen rather than the center).
2) Type in the word "dial" (without the quotes)
3) Click Find (or Find Next if there is no find button) to go to the first occurrence of the word.
4) Continue to click Find Next or press the F3 function key to move to each occurrence of the word until you find the post containing the instructions. (the instructions were posted 2 times so if you don't see it you better go search again)

Good luck!
Roger

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Gryfter (9/15/06 7:10 AM) + / -
Finally!!! I have found a place to download the complete PDF. It's about 10M and it's a bit slow, but it's all there.

http://www.jimd.ca/CLC9000.pdf

Enjoy...

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (9/15/06 3:35 PM) + / -
What were you using to download, dial-up? It downloaded for me in seconds. Not that I needed it, I just push buttons till I get what I want. Faster than looking it up in the 404 page manual.

Gryfter : a place to download the complete PDF by Anonymous (9/25/06 5:51 PM) + / -
Thanks Gryfter

You helped everyone. Three cheers.
I wish your post was at the top.
great help
THANKS

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (10/13/06 6:20 PM) + / -
I did a search for you, here are the results http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/20285#10

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (10/13/06 6:41 PM) + / -
Thanks, then I guess I got a broken paper sensor arm....

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 Speed Dials by Anonymous (11/3/06 7:32 AM) + / -
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INSTRUCTIONS! IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR THAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT OR FIND INSTRUCTIONS! YOU'RE THE BEST!!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Mona (11/6/06 4:47 AM) + / -
Could someone please email me a copy of the manual for the 9000L series at dandryoung@aol.com. I have no error messages, but my faxes are not going through. Thank you!

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kuby (11/6/06 5:29 AM) + / -
Look at the above message from Gryfter. It has a link on it to where you can download the manual.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (12/6/06 6:32 PM) + / -
I have the same problem with mine. I unplug the machine for several seconds, and then power it back up. This proceedure is only a temporary fix. If you find the real answer, please let me know. The answer is probably that one should stay away from Canon products.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (12/12/06 10:52 AM) + / -
Does anyone have an owners manual? I need to get one to see how to program 9000L fax machine. If so please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by kuby (edited 12/13/06 6:04 AM) + / -
If only you would read the posts above would see there is a link to where you can download the users manual for this machine.

Look at the above message from Gryfter. It has a link on it to where you can download the manual.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (12/13/06 8:25 AM) + / -
Ronald, you're wasting your time. They come in from a search engine. Have no clue what it's all about, so they just tack onto the thread. They're not going to spend time reading the thread. We removed the posting box on all the long threads and we also tried to keep them from posting to prior posts in the thread, like this one. The amount of email whining that ensued was incredible, so we unblocked the threads. They do seem to be able to find our emails. This is a self help forum, but in this age of instant gratification, they all want to be helped immediately and don't want to spend the time helping themselves.

Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by moe (12/28/06 4:29 PM) + / -
The manual can be found at http://www.jimd.ca/CLC9000.pdf
I know this won't stop all the clueless people who will continue to post "help me, my dog ate my manual, please fax me a manual". I stuck it at the top because no matter how many times it appears in the thread, it won't be enough because people can't be bothered to read. I also deleted about 500 "send me a manual" pleas from the thread and will delete all subsequent requests for a manual. Enjoy.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 manual download by Anonymous (12/30/06 11:53 PM) + / -
Probably the last you want to hear of this, but having difficulty downloading the manual; seems to get hung up around the first page or so of approx 401 pages and i believe is 10 mb. Any suggestion as to how to download that pdf ?

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by Anonymous (1/10/07 1:53 PM) + / -
Hi Kim. Do you still have that PDF on hand that tells us how to program numbers into the speed dial of the 8500? We here at St Jude Children's Research Hospital would sure appreciate it. Thx.

Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by judya (7/25/07 12:46 PM) + / -
I have a Canon Laser Class 8500 fax machine - does anyone have instructions on how to program the one touch buttons? We can't find our manual. Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by scudderconsulting (7/26/07 9:58 AM) + / -
We lost our manual too. This is what we have been using (found here some time ago). -Roger

Open both speed dial panels to expose the bottom layer
Hit Data Registration.

Hit the Down arrow key once for Tel Registration
Hit Set

First available is 1-Touch Speed Dial
Hit Set.

Use Up/Down keys to select a number (01-72) to Add or Edit
Hit Set

Use the phone number keypad to add or edit the fax number and associative name
Hit Set to accept entries you have entered.

Use the Up and Down arrow keys to get to the next Edit or Add.

Hit Stop when done.

(The following instructions are optional)

Hit Report, Down arrow, Set, Set, Set to generate an ordered report.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canon Laser Class 9000 by scudderconsulting (7/26/07 10:24 AM) + / -
Moe... You threw me off for a minute when you referred to me as Ronald. I can understand your frustration with all of the "give me" posts by people who won't even think to check back in the forum for a reply. You're probably right about my post... I'm expecting too much from them. In spite of that group, as large as their numbers may be, there are sincere people who read this forum and use it to find answers and pass information on to others. It's a great forum and I hope you will continue to support it... and those other people who can't be bothered to read; they're important too. They provide job security!

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters