fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

epson r200

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

epson r200 by Paul (8/7/04 2:24 PM) reply + / -
does anyone know how to reset the internal counter on the epson r200 as mine says it needs a service and wont print till its been reset

Re: epson r200 by Denny Conway (8/9/04 12:46 PM) reply + / -
Paul: As the "R200" is still a relatively new model, I don't know anyone that actually has the RESET PROCEDURE or even a SERVICE MANUAL listed yet for your printer. You may need to try and locate an actual Service Manual, or Reset Procedure on-line, to buy and download for reference in disassembly, troubleshooting and servicing. You can always go to the "Compass Micro Inc" web-site, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm and check with them directly, to see if they have a Service Manual or Reset Procedure available yet for your printer. Several people have posted that they have manuals available for the newer printers, that are not actually available from 2manuals.com . Also, on the "2manuals.com" web-site, they do state "In case you have not found the document you need - please give us your request". There is a separate page and form, used to submit a REQUEST DOCUMENT from 2manuals.com and its located at http://www.2manuals.com/request.php . You might want to actually check with them directly and see if your printers Service Manual or Reset Procedure is possibly available...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: epson r200 by Judith Zur (5/17/05 3:13 PM) reply + / -
I have a new printer and both the ink and paper light are flashing. Epson says to send the printer back as it is under warranty but does anyone know how to fix it as I live in Mexico and sending it back is costly

Re: Re: epson r200 by shanks (6/6/05 8:18 AM) reply + / -
Alternate flashing ink and paper lights can be caused by the CD/DVD guide being open when switching on the Stylus Photo R200. Closing the guide can resolve the problem. This may of course have already have neem checked by Epson tech support

Re: Re: epson r200 by shanks (6/8/05 11:14 AM) reply + / -
Also Listed Epson contact in Mexico:
Epson Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
Ejercito National 904, Piso - Col.
Palialr Palanco 11510,
Tel : (525) 395 - 9944
Fax : (525) 395 - 9499

Re: epson r200 by mhirtzsr (6/25/05 7:16 PM) reply + / -
I need a new Cd/Dvd Tray for an R200... I don't find a listing on EPSON...

Thanks,

Mel

Re: epson r200 by Wes (6/25/05 7:27 PM) reply + / -
You can order a tray from compassmicro.com just go to the site and select new parts and follow the prompts.

I hope this helps,

Wes.

Re: epson r200 by mhirtzsr (6/27/05 11:29 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, but, found one on E-Bay for $16.00 bucks... Thanks...

Re: epson r200 PLEASE HELP by Renae (8/17/05 3:13 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

I am past my warranty. Bought the epson r200 in spring of 04. The red ink and red paper lights continually flash. Already shut the CD tray several times, that is not the problem. In fact I didn't even print on CD's. How do I get this to work again. I called tech support, they charged by 10.00 for the call and didn't help at all, except to tell me to take it to a repair place 60 miles and one ferry ride away. Not very cost effective for me. Please help me figure out how to get these lights to stop flashing...I've done everything I read in the book. Thanks in advance.

Re: epson r200 by smartbrown201 (8/17/05 6:21 PM) reply + / -
Is here any warnings being displayed on the computer, ecept the wont print,
. If you have done a large amount of printing 1st i wound advise the ccs utitly located @ http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html after download and install you can select model.
when it loades as an icon at the bottem left right click slect proction conter and clear proction counter.
I hope this fixes your problem.
If it dosen there are postes at the top of this page you want to read through them and see what you come up with.
GOOD LUCk

Re: epson r200 by Renae (9/13/05 10:42 PM) reply + / -
I was able to get mine to work by putting in new ink cartridges and keeping the power off for a few days. I don't have any real answers as it shouldn't have taken several days with the power off to get it to work again...but that's what did it for me. I still have some difficulty with paper jams though. You won't get much help from Epson...they charged me 10.00 for a phone call just to tell me to take it in for service to a place that is 60 miles away from my home...so don't even try that. I hope you are able to get yours working again.

Re: epson r200 by Aaron CPU4U (9/28/05 4:18 AM) reply + / -
OK, I found out that this problem with the flashing lights crap is because you reached the "manufactures print count limit" and the printer needs to be "reset". That's all I know right now. Does anyone know of a button or maybe a small one like on the cd drive of a computer..? you know... Or push some small button and trun it on and wait a few sec for sygnal... Not to sure I'm gonna mess with it now.

Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (12/13/05 1:34 AM) reply + / -
Aaron the SSC utitily resets the print limit, its found at
http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
Good Luck

Re: epson r200 by aziman (12/15/05 3:34 PM) reply + / -
Same problem here two flashing lights wont reset with ssc service utility.
any addvice would be very greatfull... many thanx Aziman

Re: epson r200 by Eduard (4/1/06 9:54 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi guys ! This actually worked for my R200. Resseted the counter and all others. Bulk Ink works !
Download here: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

E!

Re: epson r200 by Leonardo_palacios (5/2/06 2:45 PM) reply+1 + / -

Hi..

The problem of the two lights flashing.. is with no doubt... that the protection counter has passed the limit... each epson machine model has an especific number for the counter to stop the printer.. in the case of R200... i don't remember now the exact number.. but anyways.. you need to reset the counter.. to do this.. first you need the latest version of SSC Service Utility.. you can dwnload it from

http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe

When you are done with instalation... then you must run the aplication.. then appears the main window of ssc service.. there are 3 tabs at the top... click first on configuration.. there you'll find the printers installed on your pc and the models supported by the program.. the r200 is supported on this version.. so select the r200 on the two...

now you need to close the window in order to let the program create aan icon in the system tray.. now right click on the icon and select "protection counter" then "show current value" if it shows that your printer is overflowed... click OK... and again right click on the icon... then "protection counter" and then "reset protection counter"... then the program will ask for the replacing of the waste pad... don't bother the pad resists at least 6 resets... so click "yes"... and then "ok"
Disconnect the power cabble from the printer... let it pass at least 15 seconds and replug it.... then make the 1º step again to see if the protection counter was reseted... if the counter is now on "0" be sure of that the printer will not be flashing lights and you can print again... even if was another with the printer.. this code (the two licghts ink & paper lighting alternatelly)... is because the protection counter...by the way... a good bussiness this protection counter....

I hope all of you can resolve your printer's problems...

SALUDOS!!
GREETINGS!!

Leonardo A. Palacios

Re: epson r200 by Leonardo_Palacios (5/2/06 2:47 PM) reply + / -

I also have the SErvice Manual for the R200.. write to me if you want it...

SALUDOS!!!
GREETINGS!!!

Leonardo A. Palacios

Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (5/27/06 9:13 AM) reply + / -
Thanks very much! I just tried your SSC utility on my Epson r300 and it worked like a charm. Thanks for all the little extra helpful hints, i.e., pulling the plug for so many seconds, etc.
Your help and advice is much appreciated.

Re: Re: epson r200 by thesearenotjustphoto (6/30/06 10:29 AM) reply + / -
Leonardo, I have to say - I love you!!! You have just fixed my problem for me!! I was at my wits end, and following the advice of all the wonderful people on this site, you have come up trumps for me.

I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

Re: epson r200 by rex (7/13/06 6:02 PM) reply + / -
I am trying to find the resetting program that you guys have said will work with my R200. Is this the same utility as the sscserve.exe that is available or is another one? If it is please let me know how to get it.

Rex

Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (7/14/06 11:00 PM) reply + / -
Here is the link to automatically download the latest version of SSCSERV.EXE

Leonardo A. Palacios

Leonardo.a.palacios@gmail.com

Re: epson r200 by bobshep (8/31/06 8:55 AM) reply + / -
Hi, can you please send me the epson adjustment program to reset the printer.
My email is bobshep1978@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by Leonardo_palacios (9/5/06 7:47 AM) reply + / -
Ohh! Wonderful News... I was late to come back to the forum as I was very busy with many things..

Anyway, I like to hear it!

Thanks to you!!

Kind Regards
Saludos

Leonardo A. Palacios

Re: epson r200 by mcprinter (9/22/06 4:49 PM) reply + / -
Do a search for r200 on this forum
There is a link somewhere for the service manual and adjustment program.
I have downloaded, used it and it works.

Re: epson r200 by mcprinter (9/25/06 12:46 PM) reply + / -
Cowen,

Click on this link for free service manual and reset utility.
You will need to click on 0,1,2 and 3 to download all 4 parts.

I have done it and it works.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/21163/Epson_R200.html

Re: epson r200 by kozzmozz (12/30/06 5:43 AM) reply + / -
hi there had my epson r200 for 2 yrs now been working fine but both red lights are now flashing and when you switch printer on its doing nothing can anybody tell me is the printer now passes its sell buy date thanks.

Re: epson r200 by Wes (12/30/06 1:21 PM) reply + / -
Depending on the lights it could be a maintenance request error. It's no big deal to fix. Download the SSC service utility (just google it) install & configure it. Then close the window. And click on icon in the system tray. Then click on the protection counter. Type "Y" at the question and you should be all set.

I hope this helps,

Wes.

Re: Re: epson r200 by kozzmozz (1/3/07 2:43 PM) reply + / -
hi there wes thanks very much for your help it was much appreciated now working great again thanks kozzmozz.

Re: epson r200 by kctexan (1/13/07 11:52 PM) reply + / -
I used the Sscserve program, linked to above, and it WORKED! My counter was at about 26,000 of 46,000 so I didn't think I had to clear it, but you must clear it, to receive the question about Did you change the waste pad, to which you answer YES. One more thing I did, was to take a wash cloth and soak up as much ink as possible from the sponge, located in the far left bottom of printer cavity, before reconnecting the power. When the printer started running again, I almost wept with joy! It's 1/14/07 now, so I'm here to say that the program works in 2007. Also, the service manual link, above, works, although I had to hit the download button several times, for 2 of the 4 manual files, because it kept saying "bad file." But eventually, I got all 4 parts. Just scanned 2 files, but they are incredibly detailed!!
Olathe Russell / KCTexan

Re: epson r200 by Wes (1/19/07 4:22 PM) reply + / -
The link is in this post. Dated 7-14-06. Here it is again. http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe

You are welcome,

Wes

Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (2/5/07 1:06 AM) reply + / -
No one is going to email you the program UNLESS you email them and ask for it!!! Here is the link to the free program. Most will be too stupid to download it but here it is anyway.

Re: epson r200 by spuddle (2/9/07 10:55 AM) reply + / -
Hi,I had this two red lights flashing rapidly error on r200...
fixed it like this...
1:Turn off your printer, ensuring that the print head is at it’s home location and locked in place as normal;
2:Hold down the paper feed button;
3:Turn on the printer;
4:hold button until printer goes through cleaning process.
worked for me,hope this helps..

Re: Re: epson r200 by David Stembridge (2/15/07 11:29 AM) reply + / -
Greetings, can you send this file to me at david@greenpeas.us?
Thanks!

Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (4/21/06 6:50 PM) reply + / -
you will need the epson adjustment program to reset the printer. It is a professional epson engineers program and is quite hard to find on the net. I have it. Send me your email address and i'll send you the program

Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (4/3/07 1:46 PM) reply + / -
hi
could you send me the reset program you mention please as i have two r200 that have the flashing lights my email address is crsummers1@msn.com

many thanks
chris

Re: epson r200 by balky817 (5/7/07 7:58 PM) reply + / -
Can you send me the program? My r200 is flashing lights as well. thuantran1@gmail.com

Thanks

Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (5/9/07 8:16 PM) reply + / -
can you send me the program as well?

Thanks

Re: epson r200 by smartbrown2001 (5/13/07 10:19 AM) reply + / -
I think the program all you guy's want is the CSS Utitly, This is a handy program alringh, and can be located at http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

Kind Regards
Dave (smartbrown2001)

Re: epson r200 by davidcass (5/16/07 10:32 AM) reply + / -
hi i have the r200 printer and when u print a pic the black come out fine and the blue has lines thoe it and the other corlus dont come out i even tryed puting ne ink in it plz help im desprate

Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (5/20/07 1:06 PM) reply + / -
go to: http://inksupply.helpserve.com

Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (5/20/07 1:09 PM) reply + / -
go to for adjustment program : http://inksupply.helpserve.com

Re: epson r200 by davidcass (5/20/07 1:46 PM) reply + / -
hi i have the r200 printer and when u print a pic the black come out fine and the blue has lines thoe it and the other corlus dont come out i even tryed puting ne ink in it plz help im desprate
i have tryed this program http://inksupply.helpserve.com it still dont work any iders and i can afford a new 1

Re: epson r200 by davidcass (5/20/07 2:31 PM) reply + / -
i put new ink in and now there is nothing on the paper i dunno what to do help plz

Re: epson r200 by Layne (7/9/07 7:44 AM) reply + / -
Hello,
I've down loaded the SSC Service utility and don't get the icon at the bottom left. I've closed the window and restarted, but no icon.
What am I not doing?

Thanks

Re: Re: epson r200 by WaveGuide (7/9/07 12:38 PM) reply + / -
Layne,
Bottom left? I'm using the default settings in Windows XP and the SSC icon is in the tool bar bottom Right. It looks like a printer with colored bands upper right corner. I also get an 'SSC Service Utility' icon on the desktop.
You say you downloaded SSC, but have you installed it? Silly question maybe, but it's a silly world.

JaX

Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by Layne (7/9/07 12:47 PM) reply + / -
It was all a verbage miscommunication. Talking application instead of taskbar and after numerous downloads I discovered the icon in my task bar at the lower right. So I accidentally found the icon that I couldn't find and was thinking that the download didn't work.

Thanks,

Re: epson r200 by layne (7/10/07 9:51 AM) reply + / -
I installed and ran the SSC Service Utility but with no success. Still have blinking led's on waste and ink. Any suggestions?
Is there a soft reset to clear the printer and then run the utility?

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by layne (7/10/07 10:03 AM) reply + / -
WaveGuide,

I'm still getting flashing lights on the ink and paper. Is there a soft reset that I can do and then run the utility?

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by WaveGuide (7/10/07 12:10 PM) reply + / -
layne,
I think you must turn printer off after the Protecton Counter reset. At next power up, the thing should work.
JaX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by Layne (7/10/07 12:18 PM) reply + / -
Ok, I'll try that. I've been searching and have found some resetting with the buttons that I'll try too.

Thanks for your help...

Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by layne (7/10/07 12:20 PM) reply + / -
WaveGuide,

I'm still getting flashing lights on the ink and paper. Is there a soft reset that I can do and then run the utility?

Thanks

Re: epson r200 & R210 by SikDave (12/2/07 4:55 AM) reply + / -
Fixed! My Epson Stylus Photo R210 had 2 fast flashing red lights - the ink and paper lights with the power light off.

I used the SSC utility to reset the protection counter even though it hadn't overflowed, powered off for a good minute (with the power plug out) and brought my printer back to life!

Grateful to Leonardo_palacios for his post earlier in this thread.

Read it thoroughly, hopefully you get the same result I did.

Good luck.

SikDave

Re: Re: epson r200 & R210 by Leonardo_palacios (12/3/07 9:19 AM) reply + / -
Great News!

Glad To Hear that!

Always remember to use your printer at least once a week, letting Many Epson printers offline (dependeing on the model) for more than 2/3 weeks will get your printing-head Dried, and such a thing is a pain sometimes to get it back working.

Saludos,
Regards,

Leonardo

Re: epson r200 by dom diluca (12/5/07 5:00 PM) reply + / -
a.) my 2 yr. old r200 is sending me a message that the unit needs maintenance but does not specify why. I have a feeling that it may have to do with the ink cartridge section.

b.) how can I find a repair service in the phoenix/scottsdale area?

Re: epson r200 by dom diluca (12/5/07 8:39 PM) reply + / -
HEY PEOPLES. I'M A NEW GUY ON THE BLOCK.
I'M TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE REPAIR MANUAL FOR MY EPSON R200 BUT IT KEEPS COMING UP AS AN "ERROR" OR UNREADABLE GOBILY-GOOK. I HAVE A MAC G4. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Re: epson r200 by Wes (edited 12/6/07 11:38 PM) reply + / -
TRY A DIFFERENT LINK. YOU MAY HAVE A OLD LINK. OR EVEN EASIER JUST READ HERE http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html AND RESET THE PROTECTION COUNTER. BUT YOU WILL ALSO NEED A PC COMPUTER TO USE THE UTILITY. AND LAY OFF THE CAPS THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR THEM.

Re: epson r200 by LadyM (12/6/07 10:44 PM) reply + / -
The link provided within the forum worked for me tonight - and it this is the end of 2007! While initially running the program did not work, after I tried KCTexan's trick with soaking up the ink, it worked beautifully. I am not one of those that let the printer set - we homeschool and we are forever printing something out every couple days or so. We were, surprisingly only around 10,000 of the 46,000 mark, so who knows. All I know is it worked and my I.T. husband was very proud of me fixing the printer on my own!

Re: epson r200 by dom diluca (12/7/07 4:48 AM) reply + / -
I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD SEND THE RESET PROGRAM TO ddiluca@cox.net.

Re: Re: epson r200 by Leonardo_palacios (12/7/07 1:59 PM) reply + / -
Once Again, here is the direct Link to the reset software.

Saludos,
Regards,

Leonardo

Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (12/7/07 3:14 PM) reply + / -
Leonardo, thanks for your e-mail. I have a G4 MAC w/10.3.9.2 OS. When I open the download, it's unreadable so it doesn't do me any good. Do you have any suggestions or am I doing something wrong? If you have the written instructions could you please fax them to me? I would greatly appreciate them. fax to 480 585-9276. Thanks again for your help.

Re: Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (12/7/07 3:16 PM) reply + / -
Leonardo, thanks for your e-mail. I have a G4 MAC w/10.3.9.2 OS. When I open the download, it's unreadable so it doesn't do me any good. Do you have any suggestions or am I doing something wrong? If you have the written instructions could you please fax them to me? I would greatly appreciate them. fax to 480 585-9276. Thanks again for your help.

Re: epson r200 by jciscott (12/17/07 5:29 PM) reply + / -
my R200 goes all thru start up, then fatal errors when the carrrage seems to get stuck on the waste ink thingy....

The self test is going well.... then it grinds for a second, then i get fast blink on LEDS....

Is this the waste ink full story ??

Re: epson r200 by J8son (1/30/08 4:01 PM) reply + / -
I'm looking to open up my Epson Photo Stylus R200 to clean it. I'm using a can of compressed air that I'd like to blow out the dust and dirt that has collected in it over the last two years.

However, I simply cannot figure out how to open it up to expose the inside (I'm sure you can for when servicing is needed).

Anyone know where I can find the instructions to opening up this printer?

Re: epson r200 by Wes (1/30/08 4:17 PM) reply + / -
Start here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/r2000007.html

Re: epson r200 by mellows (1/31/08 2:59 PM) reply + / -
hi, my R200 has an error I've not encountered before, both the red ink light and the green power light are on solid, no flashing. Have tried the resest but to no avail. Anybody any ideas on how to fix it or even what the error is from ? any help appreciated.

Re: epson r200 by Leonardo_Palacios (edited 1/31/08 4:27 PM) reply + / -
Mostly because a mechanical failure, such as a broken/damaged/stuck motor that prevents the printer to make the start-up routine.

also make sure nothing is in the way of rollers and the paper-path itself.

Saludos

Leonardo Palacios

Re: Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (1/31/08 4:53 PM) reply + / -
ok, fixed it folks. Not sure what the story was, replaced all the ink cartridges and it seems to be working fine again.

Re: epson r200 by Leonardo_Palacios (1/31/08 5:47 PM) reply + / -
Good news =)

Enjoy

Saludos

Leonardo Palacios

Re: Re: epson r200 by godisjoyinme (2/5/08 4:59 PM) reply + / -
Hi.
I am desperate without the use of my r200.
With no power light (green) the service utiltiy won't read the printer connection.
I have Two flashing red lights and no green.
Can you help?
Thanks.

Re: Re: epson r200 by godisjoyinme (2/5/08 5:04 PM) reply + / -
Hi.
I am at wits end without my r200.
With no power light (green) service utility won't read the printer. Tried everything suggested here.
Still two flashing red and no green?
Help???

Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (2/11/08 11:27 AM) reply + / -
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml download download this then you should reset your counter

Re: epson r200 by tommyw (2/11/08 11:42 AM) reply + / -
can anyone tell me why my epson r200 ink counter will not reset

Re: epson r200 by tommyw (2/12/08 12:52 PM) reply + / -
you can get a resetting program + / -
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml you can download there

Re: epson r200 by Tony D (4/10/08 1:06 PM) reply + / -
My Epson R200 has come up with a message that parts within the machine are now time expired and the machine now needs a service. What part s????

Re: epson r200 by iwanttogoas (6/20/08 2:44 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

Had the same problem flashing lights non user servicable part ...
The reset program didn't fix it on its own - what I needed to do was soak up all the ink in the sponge (non user servicable part) on the far left inside the printer with some tissues.

Very easy to find the sponge - its the thing thats leavs black ink all over your fingers when you touch it!

Not sure why its not user servicable. just need a small pack of tisues and some soap to wash your hands with afterwards.

Re: epson r200 by Sickparrot (7/3/08 2:32 AM) reply + / -
My R200 freezes at some random point during it's power up sequence, it can be right at the start, whilst its testing a motor (then the motor whirrs away for ever), or even at the end when I can actually select things on the display, but a few seconds later it will freeze again.

Doesn't have to be plugged into a PC. Had it to bits to make sure no loose plugs inside.

Anyone have any ideas? I suspect a failure in the electronics somewhere in which case it's going in the bin, but it may be something simple?

Ady

Re: epson r200 by Leonardo Palacios (7/21/08 11:30 AM) reply + / -
That machine's most likely experiencing a motor failure. How does the lights stand after the hang?

Re: epson r200 by Sickparrot (7/27/08 1:59 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Leonardo,

It's pretty random, if a light is on at the point of freeze then it will stick on, none of the buttons do anything, the display is stuck with its progress bar frozen.

I've bought a new printer now anyway so I'm not desperate. I might take the power supply out to see of any of the outputs are noisy due to failed capacitors (I work in electronics repair so know this to be common).

Ady

Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (8/29/08 9:14 AM) reply + / -
Hi.. My r200 wont load my paper and is saying that the 'cd/dvd ' tray is jammed. where is that and does anyone know how i can fix that?!

Thanks!

Re: epson r200 by TheFinalStraw (5/19/09 8:01 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem as many here.Flashing ink and paper lights.I've looked inside at the pads and there's very little if any ink on them.I've downloaded the link and reset everything that's been mentioned.I've got £60 worth of new ink in it and finally i'm calling it a day as it just wont play ball.I'm willing at this point to explore the possibilty of voodoo or if anyone has any additional info i'm all ears.

Re: Re: epson r200 by websnail (5/19/09 3:28 PM) reply + / -
Chances are this is a general error rather than a service required one.

To that end you need to check a bunch of things.

1. Any obstructions in the printer path (paper, foreign objects, lifted metal, etc.)

2. Has the cleaning/parking pad jumped up out of position or gotten jammed somehow?

3. Have the contacts for the cartridge chips become damaged or soiled in any way? Check they're not bent or similar

4. Have the chips on the cartridges become loose, soiled or damaged?

5. Is there any evidence of a ribbon cable coming loose from the back of the printhead or any other connection?

The rest is down to voodoo of checking for sensors, broken wires and more besides..

If you can offer any clues as to the behaviour of the printer beyond the flashing lights that would help too. Such as places it won't move to, noises, etc..

Re: epson r200 by cdan (10/1/09 4:57 PM) reply + / -
I've been using the R200 for 2yrs to print dvd labels and it's been working great till about a month ago. I've done at least 300 dvd's but now i can't get the heads to clean which screws up the print quality. Can the print head be removed and cleaned manually with alcohol or some such cleaner?....if so.....how, and where can I get some instructions on doing this?
thanks,
cdan

Re: Re: epson r200 by websnail (10/1/09 5:33 PM) reply + / -
I wouldn't recommend even trying to remove the printhead.

Instead you can clean the printhead using a suitable cleaning solution and a lot of patience.

The best source for this sort of info is Art Entlich and his email printhead cleaning guide which is VERY detailed and useful.

You can get a copy by emailing Art on:
e-printerhelp [AT] mvps [dot] org

He asks for people to contact him directly as he's still not got around to producing it as part of a web page.

Hope that helps..

Martin

Re: epson r200 by cdan (10/2/09 4:02 PM) reply + / -
thanks. I'll let you know how it works out.

Re: epson r200 by Anonymous (10/28/09 3:10 PM) reply + / -
thank you for the rest tips above, worked perfect with my ageing R200

Re: epson r200 by Vic Farthing (9/9/10 3:59 AM) reply + / -
I had two red lights flashing alternately and no power light.I followed Leonardo Palacios instructions carefully and it worked a treat.I very nearly bought a new printer,so thankyou so much Leonardo you are a true genius!

Re: epson r200 by voodoo66 (1/17/11 11:05 AM) reply + / -
Hi i have an epson R200, it has not been used that much, was working ok up till a week ago i had a message to change the cyan, did that now the printer sits there with the red ink light on steady !! i have reset the counters and ink pad, and changed all ink cartridges, any idea what i should try next ??

Re: Re: epson r200 by AbleMob (9/13/11 5:03 PM) reply + / -
Throw it out and buy a Canon. I got sick of the Epson head cleaning procedure that wastes ink and causes a chain reaction of cartridge replacement. Went out and bought a black cartridge. Installed and tried to print. No black. Cleaned heads, nothing. Not even gaps, just no black at all. Tried to clean heads again, can't-low on light cyan and yellow. I'm pretty sure that if I replaced those and tried to clean heads two other cartridges would have run low on ink.
Let's see, Black cartridge @ $17, 2 color cartridges @ $11.00 each=$39. Canon pixma with $40 of ink (it takes one black and ONE color cartridge, not five) was $30.00. No brainer.

Re: epson r200 by anthony flores (10/19/11 3:00 PM) reply + / -
I have a Epson stylus photo R200 and both the lights are blinking.What can i do to fix this problem

Re: epson r200 by anthony flores (10/19/11 3:14 PM) reply + / -
I have a Epson stylus photo R200 and both the lights are blinking.What can i do to fix this problem

Re: epson r200 by anthonyTON flores (10/19/11 3:22 PM) reply + / -

Re: epson r200 by Vic Farthing (10/23/11 2:06 AM) reply + / -
Hello Antony Look for "Leonardo Palacios" thread he is the genious with these problems and send him a message.I cant remember how I solved it now but what I do know is that you have to download some software called "SSC Service Utility" and follow Leonardos instructions carefully.The problem with Epson printers is that they have a life which is set by Epson in a way of a counter,this counter must be reset and thats why you have to download the free software to do it yourself.Good luck Vic.

Re: epson r200 by Wes (10/23/11 9:22 AM) reply + / -
Antony read here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

Re: epson ME 340 by aeie11 (11/28/11 1:31 AM) reply + / -
i've also encountered this error message from my Printer "The printer's ink pads are nearing the end of their service life. Please contact Epson support."
Can someone please help me.
i've only been using this printer for 2 months.

Re: epson r200 by dixa (edited 2/4/12 8:52 AM) reply + / -
R200 red lights flashing problem (green on solid).
Have dismantled +cleaned/dried blankets. Then used SSC utility to attempt Reset Protection Counter. NO CHANGE.
Tried various button pressing routines. No Change.
Print head jinks twice at Power Off. (carcas is still out of case)
Tried Soft Rest option of SSC: message - carriage jinks
Current value 0 max46750 - Clear Overflow: no change.
N.B. Paper feed tray is held open by white plastic drive cam.

Any ideas please?

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters