fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Lexmark Printer Problems

Post a new message thread

Lexmark Printer Problems by Randy (7/25/04 9:18 PM) +34 + / -
I have an All in One Lexmark X1100 printer. I have a color cartridge in there, it just ran out of ink, so instead of buying a new cartridge, I got a refill kit and did it myself. Now when I try to print something in black, it turns out green. I thought I didn't have enough magenta, so I put more and that didn't fix the problem. I tried cleaning it and it still hasn't helped. All the colors seem to be off now. What can I do?

Thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Robin (7/28/04 4:42 PM) + / -
You know I have had similar problems when I tried to use the re-fill kits. I finally gave up and just purchased the cartridges. Saving money isn't always the best avenue to go.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by donna johnson (8/22/04 5:39 PM) +10 + / -
I need to load my printer in my new computer. I have lost my CD thats loads it. Which download do I need to get the printer download on my computer.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Robin (8/23/04 2:28 PM) +3 + / -
Hi Donna,
I went out to Lexmark website below.
http://www.lexmark.com/
Click on...drivers and downloads (right above the word shortcuts)
Then select what preferred language...(U.S. English)
This next step is going to require looking at your printer, printer manual, etc. to select which printer you have. Click on the picture then it will bring up the model #s of that particular make..
Then click on that model # it will then take you to what Operating System you are running. Choose from the list.
Once this is done the download may take awhile depending on the internet speed.
If you need something else or more help.. just email me.. I enjoy helping people the best that I can..
I hope this helps.
Robin

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Paco_g (8/24/04 7:31 PM) +7 + / -
Hi...

I'm not so into computers, so I don't know if the problem I have with my printer (All in one X1150) is technical or something I didn't installed well...the problem is that I can't print anything, I can scan very well and also the test page gets printed as well..but when it comes to print anything else (a text document, photo or use the copy option of the printer) it just doesn't print, all jobs get queued but none of them get printed...I don't know what's wrong, Does anybody know what can I do?

thanks
Paco

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/24/04 8:28 PM) + / -
When I try to print, I get an error message that says" printer is busy, try again later". The machine is never busy when this message comes up.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Shirley (8/24/04 8:31 PM) +8 + / -
When I try to print, I get an error message that says" printer is busy, try again later". The machine is never busy when this message comes up

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Paco_g (8/24/04 8:43 PM) +1 + / -
I already found a solution on other topic (lexmark X1100) in this same board...now it prints and copy very well..

thanks
Paco

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Suzann (8/30/04 1:37 AM) + / -
Is the Lexmark printer X1100 compatible with Windows 95 or 98? Someone please help me!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by annette harberts (9/3/04 10:59 AM) +1 + / -
PRINTER IS PRINTING UNREADABLE, BOTH COLOR AND BLACK. THE ICON ON MY PRINTER SHOW HALF FULL ON BOTH. WE HAVE REMOVED AND SHAKEN BOTH CONTAINERS WITH NO SUCESS. IS THERE A BRUSH OR SOMETHING SIMILIAR THAT GOES ACROSS THE CONTAINERS THAT CLEANS THE HEADS. APPRECIATE A RESPONSE. THANK YOU, ANNETTE

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by John (9/4/04 10:52 PM) +19 + / -
I change my colour print cartridge,new one. After changing it , I get a message that reads my colour level is down , how do I fix this problem.

Lexmark Printer Problems Scanning Photos at Hires by Garranmore (7/6/05 9:28 AM) +2 + / -
Help!

I am trying to scan a photo at resolutions above 600 bpi, my machine has 1gb main memory, and 120gb harddrive, but the lexmark
control centre keeps telling me that I haven't got enough memory or that the disk isn't large enough .... I'm running on XP SP1

Does anyone have the solution ?

Thanks.

Martin Roll.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/6/05 9:44 AM) +32 + / -
My X73 doesn't pull in the paper right. It keeps getting stuck. Is this a roller problem? We've looked to see if anything is stuck and nothing is there. Can't see if the rollers move when you print, you can't have the door open and print at the same time. I've tried Lexmark reccomendayion of the envelope, and it doesn't pass through. Anyone with any ideas? They'd be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gemini (10/9/05 5:09 AM) + / -
please help! my printer does not print the areas that should print black instead it prints out darkest blue,and i have installed new black ink cartridge but, cannot achieve printing of truest black back grounds

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/11/05 12:34 PM) +1 + / -
The computer keep saying that the ubs cable is not communicating to printer-i purchased a new cable-that didn't fix the problem-I now have all kinds of problems going on. I need help bad

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems (Communication) by guest (10/19/05 9:25 AM) + / -
I just resolved the problem of my Lexmark X1150 not communicating with my computer.

I went to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager.
Click to expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
For every USB Controller listed, there should be a USB hub.

I noticed I had four contollers but only three hubs.
I clicked to highlight the third controller, right clicked and chose "update driver".

From there everything pretty much happened automatically. First the driver updated, then the Lexmark printer was recognized and installed as if for the first time. It runs great now.

Hope this helps!!!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Curtis (10/20/05 7:45 AM) +5 + / -
I have a lexmark printer and every time I try and print something it gives me a message that says print to file. I do not know why......everything is hoked up correctly and all is well except......

Please help.
Thanks
Curtis

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by CAPS (10/20/05 5:00 PM) + / -
Curtis Have you checked your printer setting, if you click the FILE menu button on the upper tool bar, open that window and select print
it will show your your selected printer or printers, go down the list to comment, across to the right is a box to check if you want the document to be stored to a file instead of being sent to the printer, if the box has a checkmark remove the checkmark by clicking the box, this should now send the info you want to the printer.
Just a note, if you select the quick print icon in program you are using, the program simply reverts back to the printer setting that are in place. If this does not solve the situation you can also check you printer properties through you start icon, then settings, then printers, then left click printer selection,then right click properties, then you can check all the diffent port settings and divers settings as well as diffent drivers.

Good luck

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/21/05 12:20 PM) + / -
Hey

I refill Lexmark Cartridges all the time at my work. If your color are coming out green, orange or purple it means that there is some cross contamination with your cartridge. I see this happening all the time and it is not serious problem. All you need to do is fold up a piece of paper towel and attach it to the print head (bottom part of cartridge where the ink comes out) with a rubber band and allow the ink to bleed in a plastic dish for a while. Check it periodically to see that you are getting a dab of 3 solid rectangles of Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan (blue). Cleaning mostly helps for clogged cartridges, but allowing them to bleed will get rid of your mixed ink. You may have to refill your cartridges if you have been bleeding them for a long time.

Hope that helps

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by EUNICE (10/24/05 10:41 AM) +27 + / -
I BOUGHT A BLACK REFILL KIT AND FILLED MY BLACK CARTRIDGE BUT NOW IT DOESN'T PRINT BLACK IT SOUND LIKE IT IS PRINTINT BUT THE PAPER COMES OUT BLANK.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems- Optra Color 45 by donjean (10/25/05 7:33 PM) +3 + / -
I have the Opra Color 45 Printer. It is a used one but I have
been using it for over a year. Recently, only the Color cartridge
would print and the Black one wouldn't. I found a bunch of black
ink underneath where the cartridges are stored before printing
and have cleaned out most of it with Q-tips. It did print a
few pages then but is back to not printing the black ink. Can
anybody tell me what is happening and how to fix it myself.
Thanks,
Jean

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gijoebarry37 (11/20/05 7:34 AM) +5 + / -
paper jams

Re: Lexmark X1185 Printer Problems? by ME (11/26/05 7:25 AM) +3 + / -
I have been printing with my multifunction PrinTrio for some months now and I have even replaced the inks, but now all of a sudden my paper will not feed without just feeding the paper on one side, its still sort of new what should I do?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by hpwizard (11/26/05 3:03 PM) +2 + / -
Make sure you have the paper guide up against your paper. If that is ok, you may have something trapped in the paper feed area.
Hope this helps?!
Dazz UK

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by CHANDRASHEKHAR T.A. (11/27/05 5:57 PM) + / -
Error while spooling to ''''''''.Unable to create a new spool job. Please help

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by cazzzy1979 (11/30/05 11:55 AM) +10 + / -
ive just installed a new all in one cartridge to my lexmark 2300 printer and its sayin ink low buy a new cartridge,,,,, any ideas how to correct this??

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/2/05 8:24 AM) +19 + / -
Color cartridge (brand new) will not print. Anything that is in color is just a blank spot on my paper. Black works fine. Any suggestions on what I can do to make my color cartridge work. Thank you.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/3/05 9:07 PM) +5 + / -
My printer is printing very slow after I click the print icon.
What settings should I use to make it the fastest. I've done it before, but failed to write it down. The choices are "LexMark' and WinPrint then to the right of these options it says things like RAW RAWAUTO TEXT and etc....... I need to know where to set the settings for the fastest response time. Thank you for your help>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cleveland Howard Please email answers to pch511@earthlink.net

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Shel (12/7/05 3:06 PM) +4 + / -
Everytime i replace my color ink i can not get it to work...Black works great...but no color...please help...

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems (x1100) by the_philadelphian (12/7/05 4:16 PM) +1 + / -
hey,
I went to the control panel option of my computer- selected 'printers and other hardware' - then selected 'add a printer' - then printer 'install wizard' took me thru the rest, and mine is now up as of 12/07/05.
hope it works for you.
p.s. i hope you saved the receipts for all the power cables they made you guys buy.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by dawsys (12/10/05 1:11 AM) +3 + / -
i have installed my printer but i can't get it to print anything i ran a test page and this printed okay but nothing else will work any ideas as i need it to work urgently. thanks.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/26/05 5:31 PM) +1 + / -
hello i just wanted to know where to install the driver for lexmark x2350 the disc wont even work,. thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/27/05 10:12 AM) + / -
mine keeps on aligning
how do i stp it from aligning

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by td (12/28/05 2:15 PM) + / -
hi my lexmark2300 will not install with disc it gets to installing software then it quits. thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by newbee (1/10/06 10:03 PM) + / -
how do i install my new lexmark 2300 all-in-one printer onto my computer.. my computer runs on the linux programme and i don't know how to access the cdrom drive to install it from the disc.. need help as soon as possible as i have heaps of urgent printing to do today...

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by msmamaori (1/31/06 1:09 AM) +1 + / -
my lexmark x1150 I print out my work and find that the colors are not right anything blue prints out pink please help

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Help US!!! Somebody (2/2/06 10:49 PM) +1 + / -
We bought a lexmark2300 series. on our pc we use english and arabic settings. It was on the english setting when we put the new disc into the pc to load the new printer/scanner. Well...it all loaded in arabic. But the translation is really bad and we cant figure the darned thing out. So I went into the settings and tried to uninstall it. But now it wont uninstall... it just loops around and will not uninstall... we took the printer/scanner back to the store we bought it from and got another printer to replace it.
But I still do not like the fact that I was unable to uninstall the lexmark2300 series printer/scanner from my pc. what do we do???
thanks to all who read this pittifull plea for help.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by hhenry (2/3/06 6:58 AM) +2 + / -
Somehow my Lexmark 70 black ink cartridge has become clogged. It's almost full, so I know it's not out of ink. How do I get the top off to run alcohol thru it? I've tried every other mode of cleaning it from soaking the head in alcohol, fantastick, etc. At my wits end... Can you advise?
Thanks,
John Henry

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (2/8/06 2:24 PM) + / -
Hi, make sure you've removed the protective tape from the ink cartridge. Make sure the cartridge is _firmly_ into the carriage, and make sure the snap-down clip is locked in place. You should then only have to do the align thing once. Read the screen.... it's a 2-step process!!

You did click [cancel] when windows found your hardware the first time didn't you? - ok

Hope I helped.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (2/11/06 7:03 AM) +1 + / -
I have a Lexmark x1180 and I have been really unhappy with the colours it prints since I got it :(

The colour output is terrible...I have gone into settings and looked to see everything is set up on there and it is. I know what I'm doing with computers / printers but there is nothing I can do that seems to fix this problem and it's really bugging me as I haven't been able to print anything decent out unless it's in mono.

I used to have an old Epson which printed lovely colours, the same as you would see on screen and I am about ready to ditch this Lexmark! I hate it!!

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (2/11/06 8:57 PM) + / -
Yes, I have done all that, but to no avail. But, if I install the drivers once, wouldn't windows stop trying to install them again? gone crazy here.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Nonymous (2/13/06 12:09 PM) + / -
Maybe the disk is corrupted. Have you looked to see if you can download the driver for free from the Lexmark main website? Have you made sure you have enough free memory to accept the program?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (2/13/06 6:03 PM) + / -
I have done that as well,, and still tries to install it new. I may just call lexmark support and see what's up.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (2/14/06 10:26 AM) + / -
i bought a lexmark x2350 all in one and the disc never loaded the full programme but i got the update from the lexmark web site and downloaded from there

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems 2300 ALL IN ONE by Anonymous (2/15/06 8:31 AM) + / -
I JUST PURCHASED A 2300 ALL IN ONE PRINTER AND HAVE INSTALLED IT BY THE CD I RECEIVED WITH IT AND IT WORKS BEAUTIFUL UNTIL I ATTEMPT TO PRINT A CD LABEL FROM THE ROXIO PROGRAM AND THEN WHEN YOU CLICK OK TO PRINT THE COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN AS IT WOULD IF PWR IS INTERUPTED. IT WILL REBOOT THEN AND SAYS YOU HAVE AN ERROR IN FAT32 AND YOU SHOULD SEND PROBLEM TO MICROSOFT WHICH I DID. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. ANYONE GOT A SUGGESTION I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS, BIG BOY

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (2/15/06 4:49 PM) + / -
I had the same problem. Seems like the red channel in the printer (not the cartridge) has failed. It can't be fixed. If you want to print just black, get your re-loader to fill all the coloured inks with black. If you want colour, bin it, and get a different brand. The solution is not to buy another Lexmark, but get something else that works.
The cost of freighting it back for warranty etc. is too high. Costs more to fix than to get a new printer. It's a throw-away item, anyway.

x83 Lexmark Printer Problems-Communication by PamK (2/15/06 9:07 PM) +7 + / -
Hi
Just installed a x83 for a friend. I keep getting the message that it is not communicating with the computer. Everything is hooked up properly I believe. OS is ME and that is what I used to download driver at the Lexmark site. Any help/suggestions?

Lexmark X1150 prints envelopes in color! by jenjeneer (2/19/06 6:51 AM) + / -
My Lexmark X1150 has been a great printer for a year. But at some point it started to print in red instead of black. I've since changed both cartridges so I know it's not a problem with low ink.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Bvic (2/22/06 7:41 PM) +5 + / -
I have a X63 lexmark....it was not printing the paper is blank when it comes out, so I refilled the cartridges and it is still blank what is wrong does anyone know?
Thanks.
bvic
please email me at bvic293400@aol.com

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (2/24/06 9:31 AM) +5 + / -
how can i install my printer without the installation disc

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by elsa (2/26/06 6:14 AM) +2 + / -
when i print anythink it all comes out pink and not all of it comes out. i have full ink on colour and black so please anyone can you tell me whats happening

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by elsa (2/26/06 6:32 AM) +7 + / -
hi i'm having trouble with my printer, when i print it prints only pink out and it does'nt print it all out. i've cleaned my ink nozzle and the inks got better but still it only prints pink,so if anyone has a this kinda problem please let me no.
thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Nicky (2/26/06 7:07 AM) +11 + / -
My printer keeps telling me that my black cartridge is missing! I have followed the directions on opening and reinstalling it but it still says the same thing. The black does not show on the screen only the color. Please help!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by K. Casey (2/26/06 11:31 AM) +2 + / -
I have a Lexmark 4039 10R Laser Printer and keep getting a 960 Service Memory Error. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix the problem? Needs Help!

Re: x83 Lexmark Printer Problems-Communication by b2 (2/28/06 9:03 PM) + / -
I had a problem recently where the Lexmark X73 printer Power light was blinking and I got the "trouble communicating with the printer" error message. I could not print anything, not even a test page. I cleaned the electrical contacts on the ink cartridge using a q-tip dampened with distilled water. It did the trick! The cartridge didn't look dirty, but apparently was just enough to cause the problem.

I found the following sites helpful:
For instructions on how to clean the ink cartridges: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/26642.
For a diagnostic procedure: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1073811565.
For instructions on how to un-install and re-install the print drivers and other Lexmark software problems: http://www.techspot.com/vb/archive/index/t-10556.html

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by GLENDAXXX (3/1/06 11:43 AM) + / -
Can anyone help me figute out how to get my Lexmark x2350 working properly?
(My system is windows 98se.)
I had the all in one Lexmark installed and running fine when i bought it in september last year.But i had serious pc errors which led to me having to uninstal windows,to re-instal,so my pc would run properly.I reinstalled the printer,and the actual print works,but i cannot get it to show a scanned image on my pc.
The scanner does the function,but nothing turns up on my screen.just a box saying the lexmark is in use,(but it is'nt) and then it freezes my pc.(this is only when i preview or scan the image)
So after that i thought maybes i would download the drives from the Lexmark site (after i uninstalled it from my system)Just in case it was my installation disc.Yet it is exactly the same outcome.I got in touch with lexmark,and they gave me a list of do's and dont's.
After trying their advice,i still have the same problem.
Does anyone know how i could put this right please.
After reading the other messages,i decided to have a look in my pc
i came across a error on Microtek (scanner)Parralell Host Adapter.
The device status states that its either not present or working properly,or does not have all the drivers installed(code 10)
I tried updating driver,and it says the best one is already installed.But nothings changed,its still the same.
I would really appreciate any ideas and advice.Please
Thankyou.
Glenda.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (3/6/06 1:50 PM) + / -
i got me a new lexmark 2300 to day i can not get to work

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Amie2 (3/7/06 6:08 AM) + / -
I have a Lexmark 1100, bought NEW about a year ago. The thing used up the black ink that came with it and will not recognize the new ($20+) black ink cartridge,#17. I get a message box that asks if the ink is new or old; I choose new, nothing happens. The clickable "Next" button does nothing. The message box sits on my desktop and will not go away, there is no way to remove it except to shut down and reboot. The printer WILL NOT recognize the new ink cartridge. Yes, I made sure it was well seated, yes, I made sure the top was locked down, yes, I removed the safety tape, NO, I did not touch the bottom. I have disinstalled, reinstalled and the thing will NOT work. Lexmark, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO PUT SUCH A PIECE OF TRASH ON THE MARKET WITH NO RECOURSE TO THE BUYER!!!! I will tell everyone I know, DO NOT BUY LEXMARK. IT IS TRASH.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (3/9/06 10:49 AM) + / -
I cant get it to print anything,I replace the ink cartridge and i always get a message say check your ink cartridge.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (3/9/06 1:12 PM) +14 + / -
lexmark 5150 paper feeds crooked and gets stuck. Don't see anything in it's way?Please help i use it a lot.
Mark

Re: Lexmark printer problems by Bunny (3/13/06 4:02 PM) + / -
Lately my pictures come out faded/dull and some letters/words are either missing or too light to read or see when I print. I have brand new ink cartridges (which are costly) installed them properly (like I have done in the past) and used the "clean" feature, checked the alignment and reset the print result to best but still get faded pictures. Most of the time I use regular paper for pictures in reports etc, rarely photo paper. It is a Z23 and never had a problem with it before, now it has turned to crap and it is frustrating. Why all this problem now when I need my printer and can't afford a new one.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by sadiejude (3/13/06 5:07 PM) +2 + / -
im having a big problem with 2 of my printers not printing anything out. could this be a settings problem? when hooked up the computer notices new hardware but its saying theres no communication to printer can someone help me out and tell me what to do to fix it? im assuming its a printer setting problem but i cant figure it out,

Thanks alot

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by spmom (3/22/06 1:23 PM) +11 + / -
I have a Lexmark 2300 that keeps giving error message of a paper jam. Looked & looked - no paper jam. Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by spmom (3/22/06 1:26 PM) +13 + / -
I have a Lexmark 2300 that keeps giving error message of a paper jam. Looked & looked - no paper jam. Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by genell davis (3/22/06 9:40 PM) +10 + / -
i have a lexmark x75 and i am trying to scan a doc and then edit the text and it tells me to install my ocr directory but i dont have my disk to install the computer again what do i do? please hurry i have lots and lots of work to do before tomorrow?
thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by smtips (3/25/06 2:46 AM) + / -
I have a Z515 running Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.5. It was working fine a few days ago, tried to print today and nothing. Ran through all the cleaning stuff many times, paper towel, all that stuff. Reinstalled the drivers half a dozen times, ran Printer Setup Repairs, Repaired Permissions, ran Diskwarrior from another drive. I popped in another cartridge, because I figured that first cartridge was bad. I knew it wasn't an empty cartridge.

The problem is, I can print an alignment page fine. I can clean the print heads, it prints that page. It will NOT print a test page, nor will it print from any application. Yes, I checked Page Setup within the applications and set to the Lexmark. All it does when it tries to print anything but an alignment or cleaning page, is the job starts in the queue, then stops within 2 seconds. Very consistent happens every time. OH, one other thing...the printer setup utility tells me there isn't a black cartridge installed at all (I'm only printing with black)! I suspect this is the real problem, that nothing thinks the printer has ink in it except the stupid test pages. So how can I fix it, any suggestions? Stupid thing...it completely quit seeing color cartridges awhile back, I've tried 3 different ones, and even bought a new one, that was a waste of money.

Seems like I've done everything...time to trash this printer and buy another one?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by jasonrm72 (3/25/06 5:59 AM) +1 + / -
I just started having this same problem with my X73. Ive followed instructions from the Lexmark website and from their email support with no help.

Any ideas?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by ShaunTaylor18 (3/26/06 7:45 AM) +1 + / -
I have a Lexmark X1180, and I was wondering if it is possible to clean the print heads.

Its probably easy to do, I just cant seem to find how to do it with this particular printer.

Shaun

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by sodeadinsidex (3/27/06 11:59 AM) + / -
the same is happening with mine it says remove and check black ink cartridge and we tried that and even bought another new one to see if that was the problem and it still wont stop saying it.

Lexmark X85 Cartridge Short Error Message by Andysadowki08 (3/27/06 12:17 PM) + / -
Help, how do I get rid of this message, I have just fitted a recon black cartridge? Colour is empty too, but surely printer should work OK with one cartride?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by lil'P (3/30/06 2:48 PM) + / -
i am really confused. i have seup my lexmark 2300 printer and all is well however the colours are coming out really faded and the black is grey. i was wondering if its because theres only one colour cartridge rather than the usual 1 colour 1 black and if so how do i over come this problem. is there anything i can do?? many thanx

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems- Optra Color 45 by Anonymous (4/5/06 6:27 AM) + / -
I have a lexmark x73 printer that is doing the same thing that you stated was your problem with not printing black. Did you come up with a solution?

thanks - Amy

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by peter.p. (4/5/06 10:15 AM) +1 + / -
can I take the colour cartridge out of my Lexmark x2250 and just use it to print black only?
I do not normally need to print in colour, and I do not want to waste a colour cartridge when down-loading a file that has colour

Thanks,

Peter P.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (4/5/06 2:22 PM) + / -
Hi; My problem is with my Lexmark 3200 printer. The black ink cartrage will not snap into place, the colour cartrage is ok. These are new cartrages, I tried the old one, it also would not clip in. I have been told it is not worth repair can you please give me some suggestions or advice. Thank You J.V.R.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by logan (4/7/06 11:24 PM) +2 + / -
i just installed my lexmark 1100 and it wont print a test page or ANYTHING. i cant figure it out! i got the driver for it from their website. someone please help me!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by missymay (4/8/06 12:39 AM) + / -
I HAVE A LEXMARK 730 SERIES PRINTER I HAVE BOUGHT A BRAND NEW INK CARTRIDGE AND INSTALLED IT MY PRINTER RUNS ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE PROCESS LIKE NORMALFOR THE TEST PAGE BUT THEN A WINDOW POPS UP SAYING CARTRIDGE IS NOT DETECTED INSERT INK CARTRIDGE.... IM READY TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (4/9/06 7:49 AM) +1 + / -
i have the same problem on lexmark x3350, i need a free download to get the printer working on my new computer.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by nica (4/11/06 10:14 PM) +4 + / -
i have a lexmark x2350 and went i try to scann something it does not work, it gives me an error message, The All-In-One and computer are not able to exchange data., i have check everything, i have uninstal the program and instal like 10 times and i just don know waht to do any more, i ave call lexmark and they don know "nada". and i can not return because i lost the recip, can someone please help me.

P910 by celavi (4/13/06 2:14 AM) + / -
if anybody knows what hapeds when i refill black colour in Lex P910, i can`t print black colour, is there some ID or chip wich don`t aloud me to use same catrigue

thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by lamy (4/18/06 6:33 PM) + / -
I need to know what other printer(s) are compatible to my lexmark x73 printer it has a copier and scanner on it

Re: Lexmark Z65 pJetprinter by focuszx5 (4/23/06 9:05 PM) + / -
i can not put settings in my computer for the printer

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (4/23/06 9:08 PM) +1 + / -
spmom, my suggestion to you is , TAKE IT BACK , i just took my lexmark 2300 back, and bought a hp. i have always owned a hp, but decided to go with a lexmark this time, and am i ever sorry!!
i never had one problem with my hp, but this lexmark was a night mare, had to stand over it to make sure the paper would feed, without jamming, and after 20 or so pages, i would get the low ink alert! i went with the all in one lexmark 2300, because the ink cart was 20.00, and the saving money on ink cart was a great deal, or so i thought. your lexmmark will get no better, it will only get worse. lexmark needs to recall all thier printers and make them work correctly!!right now they are junk, and a waste of money!!
good luck

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (4/26/06 1:46 PM) + / -
i have a 1100 lexmark printer done everything in trouble shoot and still wont print in colour even bought a new cartdridge , uninstalled all in one centre and installed all over again and still will only print in black

PLEASE HELP QUICK BEFORE I THROW MY PRINTER OUT THE WINDOW

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by koolsanta (4/28/06 6:04 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark x4270 AIO that prints pages of text in black fine however it will only print envelopes in the color of blue. Any suggestions as to why this just started happening and what the cure may be short of trashing it for an HP?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (4/29/06 4:58 AM) + / -
I have been refilling Lexmark cartridges for years. But with my new X3350 inkjet printer shortly after I refilled, the colors got mixed up. I suspect this is some means Lexmark has devised to keep people from refilling. Does anyone know any way around this?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (4/29/06 7:55 AM) + / -
Hello.

I have got the some Lexmark as you and I have nothing but trouble with it. I can't use the printer everything comes out pink. It was fine until I put new black ink in.

Have you sorted yours out yet? I am thinking of just bining it and getting something better.
Maddie

Re: x83 Lexmark Printer Problems-Communication by Anonymous (5/1/06 7:35 PM) + / -
I'm having the same problem with my Lexmark X2350 All-in-One printer. I'd appreciate any help if you find some.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/2/06 10:35 AM) +5 + / -
I have a Lexmark 730 series then it ran out of ink so we thought that was why it stopped working. However when i bought a new ink cartridge and tried to see if it would print i kept gettng a message coming up saying the printer cannot communicate with my computer. I have checked the connections and everything is plugged in fine.

What do you think could be the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anony (5/2/06 10:36 AM) + / -
I have refilled my cartridges in my Lemark p910 until they were full, but when i put the cartridge back in, it still says i have a low ink level. It orints fine but says i have low ink. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Pc1980 (edited 5/2/06 11:36 AM) + / -
I have a Lexmark x2350 and now that I try to print the paper misfeeds only to the right. I tried everything the troubleshhot says to do. Can someone please help me?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/4/06 9:11 PM) +3 + / -
I have a Lexmark 2300 that I just changed the printer cartridge in now when I try to print it says the lid is open. I have opened and closed the lid several times now but I still get the same message. Yes, the lid is closed when I try to print. Can anyone help me?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/5/06 3:17 PM) + / -
what type of black cartlidge you use for x2350

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Snuggl3083 (5/7/06 9:32 AM) +3 + / -
I have a Lexmark P4350 all in one and am having problems scanning to Microsoft windows to edit this document. I have uninstalled and re-installed this printer and the ocr program in the disk will not install. Can anyone help me figure out why not? I have searched and nothing has been of any help. Thanks!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by FedUpUser (5/8/06 7:17 AM) +4 + / -
I have refilled the black cartridge of my Lexmark 1100. It worked fine. Then I refilled the colour cartridge... and the printer won't recognize it anymore, saying the cartridge is missing. What is more, if I try disinstalling and reinstalling it, it sometimes switches to saying that the BLACK cartridge is missing...
I haven't been able to print a single page since weeks. Anyone knows what's the matter?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/10/06 10:24 AM) + / -
im trying to download the installation programme from lexmark website but cant seem to find x1100 can anyone help....

Lexmark - cartridge is missing by pha766 (5/15/06 5:57 AM) + / -
Has anyone found a solution to FedUpUser's problem? I'm getting the same message with a brand new black cartridge (#82) on an all-in-one X6170. The machine presently prints using only the color cartridge (so it's bound to run out soon) because it says the new black cartridge I just installed "is missing". I've cleaned the contacts on both the new cartridge and the carrier. I've installed and re-installed the cartridges and reset the printer and performed printer tests... still, the printer does not recognize the new black cartridge as being installed. Color printing seems OK, but I haven't replaced this cartridge recently. Is the only solution getting rid of this cartridge? Thanks. MT

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/16/06 10:56 AM) + / -
Everybody stop using Lexmark

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by WhiteTigerLady (5/16/06 10:53 PM) +1 + / -
Hi there I had bought a 3 in 1 lexmark 2300 series... now with so many reformating ( 5) arggg trying to install this printer the printing is working but the scanner and copier says drivers are not install please install drivers..after we had just installed the software... now we are running windows 98 with 20 gb hard drive lots of room.. everything else ran smoothly in setting it up..the scanner moves when you hit the test button but its not reading..we changed the USB hub port etc.. If anyone can please tell me of a website to download the 2300 series lexmark 3in 1 id be very happy..if not im taking this back dont wanna but ..... we would be very grateful for anyones feedback ..

Lexmark 3 in 1 printer color copier and scanner 2300 series..

now if i had my scanner working i would have giving ya a picture
lol..

Take care from Canada

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/17/06 4:58 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark 2300 all-in-one. Whenever I am on the web my printer automatically wants to print the page I am currently on even though I have not given any commands to do so. Anyone know what's going on?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by PatW6 (5/18/06 7:46 PM) + / -
A friend of mine died and left me his computer equipment. He had 2 Lexmark X83's. I downloaded the driver .... but can not get the printer working. One of them works in SLOW motion/ ;ike 15' for 1 page or longer. I have an IMac and wonder if thats the problem.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by soonerhoosier (5/19/06 6:09 AM) +2 + / -
My Lexmark Z31 stopped feeding paper all of a sudden. My daughter was using it and I suspect that a biiiig stack of paper went through at once. Now the paper doesn't want to sit in the proper position in the feeder. I have to stick it way too far down for the printer to even recognize that there is paper in it. Even then, the printer will start printing but the paper still will not feed through at all. Can I fix this? Do I need a new feed tire?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/23/06 8:32 PM) + / -
i bought a three in one lexmark 2300 thy said it will print in black from the colour cartridge and so far thats not doing it just comes out green even though i put the printer on black to print what do i do now please help

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems- Optra Color 45 by Anonymous (5/24/06 7:13 AM) + / -
I am having the same problem. I can't seem to find a solution to this problem and hope that someone could help me and you Jean

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by timecat (5/24/06 7:36 AM) + / -
I have a Lemark and up til now i have loved them I normaly refill my cartridges till Iwear out the printer .i print a lot and i loved being able to refill... I now have a all in one and when i refill it say cartride not supported ...If anyone from lexmark is reading this I recomended Lexmark to my friedn as a Good Cheap printer company now I probly will have ot chnage companys .because i prefer to refill as this saves me money and
time ...So go back to refill cartridges ...

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/28/06 11:28 AM) +2 + / -
I changed the black cartridge and the message still says change black ink. Help.....

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (5/28/06 10:47 PM) + / -
Pleae help! I have a problem with my Lexmark 2300 printer.
The printer can't print black coloured documents, i tried installing a new cartridge, but it didn't help.
It prints the black documents in color.
The cartrige is a combination of all the colours.( i.e only one cartridge for all the colours)

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by wizzeldog (5/28/06 11:21 PM) + / -
Can someone please tell me if it is normal for a lexmark 2330 to print black and color faded. The black looks like grey, red looks like pink, etc. I have tried 3 ink cartridges and its still the same. I have also tried updating the drivers. I convinced lexmark to send me a new printer on warranty and this one is exactly the same!!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is it just that these printers are trash!!!! I wouldn't advise anyone to purchase lexmark ever!! EVER!!! :)

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by mackisus (5/29/06 8:51 AM) + / -
We've done the refill thing countless times. On Canon they seem to work, but on Lexmark?? Best to either buy new or if you have one those franchises called Cartridge World, try that. Cuts the cost in half.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/4/06 7:21 AM) + / -
Your problem is a very easy one to fix. Go to file print and change the option of which printer you are printing to. It says "Name", that should be the name of your printer, if it isn't change it.

Matt

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/4/06 5:46 PM) + / -
I am having the same problem... it almost looks like the cartridge is slightly different, even though it's the same #/ This is for a Lexmark X5150 and the colour cartridge is #83. I purchased this in London Drugs in Burnaby BC Canada..the cartridge is assembled in Mexico. There are two square holes in the bottom of the new one that were not there on the old one & the base actually looks like the old & new black ones (stragight across the larger bit where the ink comes out.. on the old colour one it is beveled slightly at the corners.

Before I head out & buy another one.. (the differnce is SO slight) does anyone know if they may be selling faulty cartridges out there?

Thanks, Susan

(We've tried everything else.)

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Alabamaboy (6/4/06 6:23 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X1185. When it powers it hits real hard on the sides. It's suppose to go to the middle. Anything I can do with this?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/8/06 5:40 PM) + / -
My Lexmark Optra R Laser Printer has been fine up until today. In the middle of an envelope job, it jams. After clearing the paths, it now continually halts just as the paper is exiting the heat roller and claims it's jammed. It won't even print bond paper from the autofeed tray. I can't see any visible obstruction or part that is out of position. Is there a sensor or switch getting in the way, perhaps bumped by the first envelope jam? Correctable?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/11/06 6:45 PM) + / -
learn how to use your computer.. that would be a good idea!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by vladoiscool (6/18/06 5:43 AM) + / -
My printer cannot release ink its works perfectly fine except for the ink on paper it regestires as its working but not releasing help me?!!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Vladoiscool (6/18/06 5:45 AM) + / -
My printer cannot release ink its works perfectly fine except for the ink on paper it regestires as its working but not releasing help me we replaced the catrides and cleaned it but nmothin no improvement

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/20/06 7:22 AM) + / -
I'm having the same problem, no idea on how to fix it. Would be very much interested in knowing if anyone out there has a solution.

Re: Lexmark 7170 Printer Problems by AIR NEXUS (6/20/06 11:01 PM) + / -
MY BLACK CARTRIDGE IS FULL OF INK, YET IT WILL NOT PRINT. THE PAPER COMES OUT CLEAN. THIS CARTRIDGE IS LESS THAN 2 WEEKS OLD. CAN ANYONE HELP ME, I'M GOING NUTS HERE

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/25/06 7:40 PM) + / -
I have a x1150 all in one that prints thru the all in one software, but the computer cannot find the printer when I try to print with explorer. What is the fix? My USB root hubs are equal to the USB controllers (there are 2 for mine each).

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/26/06 9:15 PM) +1 + / -
I don't have the installation disk for installing my x1185 all-in-one Lexmark printer. Can i install it without the disc? If so please email me with the instructions. I would deeply appreciate it. If i can't install it without the disc,please tell me where i can get a disc. Thanks,Angel777620@aol.com

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Jermaine (6/28/06 1:06 PM) + / -
I have an problem with me printer i re-filled my x1180 but i only buy reuseable ink cartridge and i only buy black ink and i never use an new colour ink 1 i only used the old colour one and say its new.Now when i print my work off it come out in lone can u help me please

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (6/28/06 1:10 PM) +1 + / -
yur gay

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by micheal cheerak (7/13/06 2:49 PM) + / -
would some one help me
my printer is lexmark 1100
i try to install it but it keeps on saying:
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-dos and Microsoft Windos applications.Choose'Close' to terminate the application.

would some one please please
help me
thank you

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/14/06 11:26 AM) + / -
Hey same thing is happening to my Lexmark X75. let me know if you get any answers. Pretty frustrating huh

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by dlent (7/15/06 11:53 AM) +2 + / -
My feeder on my x5150 only feeds the paper if I push(not hard or forcefully) it down a little and then only one paper at a time will feed and print. The feeder is probably broken. Can I repair it myself?

thank you,
Diane

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/15/06 3:23 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X3350 as well. Love the printer but have a horrible time refilling cartridges. Recently I unplugged the top (lid) from the bottom to do a thorough cleaning and now can't seem to get it hooked back up. Can anyone please help me??

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by matt256 (7/15/06 11:44 PM) +1 + / -
I have a lexmark 2300 series printer (all in one). The printer works, the scanner will scan copies, but the computer will not respond to the scanner reports an error saying the device cannot be found. I went to lexmark.com and look through the drivers and could not find my driver. I would appreaciate if anybody would tell me what site i could find the driver or give me any ideas on my problems.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/18/06 1:52 AM) + / -
I've just fixed this problem in my Lexmark 2300. There is a white plastic lever (3cm) located on the printed electric circuit, at the back on the right (when looking in front of the printer with the lid open). This lever is supposed to turn off a tiny (4mm) black switch fixed in the printed circuit when you close the lid. If you push in the 1mm pin in this switch you will see the cartridge move to the side. The problem is that the lever fell off in my printer (Lexmark screwed this up!). You may try to push this lever back into position. The lever should be aimed upwards (vertical) and pushed over the switch. Before I did this, I had to take out the grey paper feeder. I managed to to the job with my fingers and scissors although tweezers would be much better for this :-)

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/18/06 6:15 AM) + / -
I have the same problem. This printer was given top me. Now I have know idea how i'm going to settle this matter!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/20/06 2:39 PM) + / -
i got the program in (lexmark 2350), but it won't show the main page...scanning, printing, etc. It shows the troubleshooting page only... any comments.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/22/06 4:17 PM) +2 + / -
My new Lexmark2300 series printer drags the paper to one side and jams. Can anybody tell me what the problem is or if this is a typical failure of this model?
Thank you.
R Green

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/22/06 8:47 PM) + / -
did you try to go into the printer setup pop down menu after you tell
to print.
there likely is an option in the bottom right to print the page in
black and white only

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/23/06 4:25 AM) + / -
Donate it to a landfill which is what I am going to do with my X1150.

lost my disc to install by fourwheelndevil6 (7/27/06 2:22 PM) + / -
someone please help me to solve my problem.I lost my download disc to my lexmark x75 and I dont know how to install or get a new disk.If u know please email me back at fourwheelndevil6@aim.com

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (7/29/06 7:43 AM) + / -
I have a x1185 Lexmark all in one printer and I have the download on my computer but I don't have the all in one center so i can scan stuff. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Suzette M (7/31/06 5:16 PM) + / -
I'm getting white lines across picture horizontally where ink isn't printing. Still full on inks. X1185 Help!

7170 paper jams by glassbuggy (8/1/06 7:54 AM) + / -
Hi, I have problems with my 7170 It jams at the three sprung guides at the top of the rear access door. I dont see any forign matter or anything abnormal. When I clear the paper out ,it doesn't crumple it badly - more like folds it. If I stick a piece of light cardboard in this area it will enter the guides easily. It's as if the spring tension is too tight for the paper.
Anyone??

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gwo (8/5/06 12:56 PM) +1 + / -
i have a lexmark 3100 series printer/copyer/scanner and i just installed another cartridge and when i try to print it says the lid isn't closed. but it is. also the cartridge just sets there for ever before it decides to go bact to the side. thanks for any help.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Ansara5 (8/5/06 8:41 PM) + / -
You guys are right I have had similar problems to the ones you have.Lexmark is a crappy ripoff. If anyone wants my garbage it will be out by the curb.Im switching to HP.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/9/06 12:21 AM) +1 + / -
Yes, I'm having the same problem too. I checked everywhere and I don't see any paper getting stuck at all. Is there any ways to fix this problem?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by rick11k (8/9/06 12:32 PM) + / -
L4270 Lexmark Model.......Says"MISING COLOR CARTRIDGE"...TRIED ALL, CLEANING ETC. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAM PROBLEM AND IF SO; HOW CAN I FIX THIS. THANK YOU.........

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by dave_sturg (8/9/06 9:48 PM) +2 + / -
I turn the printer on and the cartridge slams back and forth and the power light flashes i have a z735 printer it stopped in the middle of a pic and never worked again

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/13/06 4:26 PM) +2 + / -
I just installed my new 3400 lexmark printer scanner it wiil copy a page but will not scan a page. When i went to start cntrol panel etc. it says scanner not detcted by computer.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/13/06 11:02 PM) + / -
I've had this problem before. Make sure you check your advanced printer settings. If it's printing lightly, it's likely your setting is on "draft" instead of "normal." Hope this helps!
:-)

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by yewtree50 (8/14/06 9:36 AM) +2 + / -
I have a lexmark z11 - an antique I know! It is overprinting - three of each line. I fixed this problem before, but can't remember how! It was quite simple, (so am I.....) so I'm hoping someone can help me.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/14/06 9:41 AM) +2 + / -
"I've just fixed this problem in my Lexmark 2300. There is a white plastic lever (3cm) located on the printed electric circuit, at the back on the right (when looking in front of the printer with the lid open). This lever is supposed to turn off a tiny (4mm) black switch fixed in the printed circuit when you close the lid. If you push in the 1mm pin in this switch you will see the cartridge move to the side. The problem is that the lever fell off in my printer (Lexmark screwed this up!). You may try to push this lever back into position. The lever should be aimed upwards (vertical) and pushed over the switch. Before I did this, I had to take out the grey paper feeder. I managed to to the job with my fingers and scissors although tweezers would be much better for this :-)"

I am quoting you in full, just to say thanks guys. This also works for the lexmark 2350. Just to clarify, the lever is fitted square side first, over the microswitch, with the curved part so it makes contact with a projection on the lid. Incidentally, it is pressed as the lid closes, so there's no point thinking you can press this by hand.

The best way to do this is to remove the back paper feeder, as you've said, and then with one hand to access from the area where the catridged would be replaced, and the other hand from the paper feeder side, to guide this widget into place. There should be no need to open the machine further.

Hopefully the next person will find this "repair service guide". Someone should provide a guide since i'm sure this happens a lot.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by PaulaMichele (8/16/06 9:17 AM) + / -
I have a lexmark x6170 printer. all of my belongings were sold out of my storage unit by my mother (jerk) along with the disk to install my printer. How can I install without the disk

HELP

sign
been through enough

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Roxanne33 (8/18/06 8:28 AM) +11 + / -
I've installed the printer (Z730 series) and everything seems to be working fine as far as the printer is concerned. My issue is that my system is telling me that it's found new hardware and the install wizard pops up on the desktop. There's a error message stating that there was a problem installing the hardware and the system cannot find the file specified. When I click on Finish to close the wizard it pops right back up and I'm unable to get it to get the wizard from popping up. I've unistalled and reinstalled the printer, but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Please help me fix this annoying problem.

Thanks,
Roxanne

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/20/06 7:38 AM) + / -
Hi. I have a Lexmark x4270. I can get it to print just fine but whenever I try to copy, fax or scan, it refuses to work. I put it in scan mode, I select where I want the document to be saved, it tells me to hit start to begin, I press start and it bounces back to the select where the document is to be saved screen. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Thank you

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Linda Robinson (8/20/06 3:21 PM) + / -
I can't find the P3100 listed on the Lexmark site or on print pal. I need cartridges so I used the P3200 as reference for the cartridges. Are these two compatible? I can't find out as the 3100 is not listed in the Lexmark listing or on several other sites. Would you help meeee..............Please.

Thanks,
Linda

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by zone 275 (8/22/06 5:52 AM) + / -
how did you load in on your new computer?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/22/06 5:23 PM) + / -
I'm having the same problem with my X5150. It was working fine, then decided it didn't have a color cart anymore. I keep hoping I will see the answer somewhere online but so far no go. Lexmark tech support has not responded. =(

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by funkymunkey_44 (8/22/06 7:17 PM) + / -
My lexmark X1185 printer is connected properly to the computer yet still won't print documents. It is set permanently set to offline and i am experiencing difficulties when trying to change this setting. Please help me fix the problem it is becoming quite a burden. i am very confused as to why this is suddenly happening.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/24/06 9:15 AM) + / -
Hi

are u still facing the same prob while installing the printer

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/25/06 3:26 AM) + / -
I also have a lexmark 2300, I was having same problem with error coming up saying lid is open. I found by turning printer off, unplugging all cords then plugging them back in and turning printer back on seems to work. The problem keeps reoccuring tho from time to time and so far this has fixed it each time

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by jpowestwind (8/26/06 7:36 AM) +2 + / -
I have a Lexmark X63. The message keeps reading "change all ink" and the voice says "ink levels low" It is driving me crazy!!! I have changed the inks and still the same thing. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/26/06 4:39 PM) +3 + / -
I have installed the printer lexmark Z730 series and everything seems to be working fine as far as the printer is concerned, it prints and everything. My issue is that my system is telling me that it's found new hardware and the install wizard pops up on the desktop. There's a error message stating that there was a problem installing the hardware and the system cannot find the file specified. When I click on Finish to close the wizard it pops right back up and I'm unable to get it to get the wizard from popping up.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gmolnar5 (8/26/06 7:32 PM) + / -
I have the same problem do you repair your printer and how did you do it?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by jmcgarry (8/27/06 3:21 AM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X1100.
It has stopped printing colour.
New cartridge makes no difference - just blank spaces where colour print should be.

I believe this problem has appeared on this forum before but I cannot find it now.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by dkimb (8/27/06 4:03 AM) + / -
sounds like your scanner is not plugged in, it comes w/ a free 1 yr on site warranty most likely. the plug is a small ribbon cable.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems X2350 by Anonymous (8/27/06 11:26 AM) + / -
I lost my X2350 CD, now I can't install my printer on my new computer system. It is a Dell System. Can you please help me.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by jpowestwind (8/27/06 11:46 AM) + / -
Hi Robin - I read your reply to Donna. I have a Lexmark X63 which is discontinued. When my husband went to change the cartridges (both) something on top usually moves, this time it didn't so he pushed it himself. Now I can't get it to even print out an alignment page. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Jeannie

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by red_dragon (8/29/06 6:15 PM) +1 + / -
I also have a lexmark X5150 and I just changed both ink cartridges today. The black one is fine, but the colour one is not recognized by the printer. This is really frustrating. I have tried cleaning the contacts on both the printer and the ink cartridge, but it made no difference. I really need some help with this one. Thanks.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (8/30/06 2:24 PM) + / -
I usually just re-start my computer and that seems to work everytime.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by kmoyatu2 (8/30/06 2:36 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X63, which I realize is out-dated but if anyone can help!! Everthing works fine except when I need to scan something onto the computer it will only scan up to 11% everytime and a message shows up saying "Image data block could not be read" Lexmark tech support is very backed up with waiting periods of 20-30 mins. by phone.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/1/06 12:56 AM) + / -
thanks for the help, i went to control panel/system/hardware to update the drivers and it worked (before that i had to download the lexmark drivers from their websites :)

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/2/06 2:35 PM) +2 + / -
Lexmark Z11 prints each line 4 times resulting in an unreadable document. It shifts down about 1/4 of a line and prints it again. This is on 2 different computers. Printer shot? Maybe a lightning strike did this?

Email tocapet@gmail.com if you know a solution.

Re: Lexmark X75 printer problems by flowergrrl (9/4/06 9:43 PM) + / -
Hi everyone

I have a Lexmark X75 that was acting all strange (I got it to work briefly a month ago but then it stopped just as suddenly after the purchase of two cartridges of course). The deal is that I am attempting to hook it up to my newer computer and it is theoretically loaded on to this machine but when I go to print anything (even a test page) the result is a whole lot of noise and a whole lot of nothing. The printer is connected the little bar shows up on the bottom of the screen but NOTHING happens..paper does not come out...Nada. Please help as I need this thing for university papers and the like.

thanks in advance

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/5/06 9:22 AM) + / -
printer drive won't work?
Printer spooler won't work?
What is RPC Server.

When I use disk software......just before it finishes i get those
messages and disk won't complete. H-e-L-p ! and thanks if you
con help............

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Jeanettemarieroy (9/5/06 9:26 AM) + / -
I have a Lexmark 3100 all in one PRINT-trio-PHOTO... (Printer spooler) is not working,, What is that? And what is (RPC Server?)
And what is (printer Drive).......... For better than a year it was working perfect

1) Printer spooler
2) RPC server
3) Printer Drive HELP!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Brandon (9/5/06 10:07 AM) + / -
Hi, I bought a new printer and the book,discs,etc... say Lexmark 2300 but the printer itself says 2350. I've gone through one cartridge and it worked fine. I bought the same one that my printer orginally had and it says it's not compatable. Am I not installing it right or something? I can't figure it out. Can you help me?

Re: LMexmark Printer Problems by MIKE YARBRO (9/5/06 6:46 PM) + / -
I PUT A NEW CARTRIDGE IN MY LEXMARK 2300 ALL IN ONE SERIES
THE SCREEN COMES UP "ALIGNING THE PRINT CARTRIDGE", WHEN
YOU TRY TO TAKE YOUR MOUSE AND PUSH OK THE ARROW TURNS TO AN
HOURGLASS SYMBOL, THEREFORE YOU CANNOT ALIGN THE CARTRIDGE.
CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS ON THIS? SEPTEMBER 5, 2006
PLEASE REPLY.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/8/06 9:12 AM) +1 + / -
i seem to have the same problem with my lexmark z735 my paper jams everytime i try to print something what should i do?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/8/06 11:01 AM) + / -
hey

err i have a lexnark x2560, but the download software or the driver is not there, it has no history of it

help me, i am lost without my printa

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by bruns24cm (9/8/06 9:19 PM) + / -
my computer is showing my ink level on my black is full after refilling it but it is not printing black. its printing pink and blue. i have did all the possible things to help it but nothing. the black ink bleeds fine on the bottom so i know it should work fine. just not sure why its not working to print black

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gramichocolate (edited 9/11/06 10:26 AM) -1 + / -
I have the same problem. the lid is closed and the cartridges just sit there. I have tried unplugging all cords and nothing happened.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gramichocolate (9/11/06 10:22 AM) + / -
I have a lexmark 3100 series. tried to replace the ink and it says the lid is not closed, and the ink cartridges just sit there. I tried to unplug and unhook all cords and nothing happened. HELP ME PLEASE

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/12/06 1:47 PM) +2 + / -
Hi,
I am having the same problem with my Lemark. When I try to scan a document and send it to word, it say to load OCR..whatever that is...Did you end up fixing it? If so, how?
Thanks a ton!
Jess

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems X1100 scan by Xena (9/12/06 1:55 PM) +15 + / -
Hi,
Everytime I try to scan a document and then put it into word, the following error comes up:
An OCR application is provided for you on your CD in the OCR directory. Select OK to cancel this scan operation, install your OCR software, and try your scan again.
What is OCR? I tried installing the CD that came with the printer but that did not help.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Xena (9/13/06 9:48 AM) +4 + / -
Hi,
I am having the same problem with my Lemark. When I try to scan a document and send it to word, it say to load OCR..whatever that is...Did you end up fixing it? If so, how?
Thanks a ton!

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/13/06 10:31 AM) + / -
how can i install my printer without the installation disc
how can i do it

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/13/06 11:18 AM) + / -
To install my 2300 lexmark i just logged on then inserted the usb cable and turned the printer on it came up new device found and i followed the instructions i had my printer for months and noone could install it i found this on a website and it worked for me

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Tracey (9/13/06 4:11 PM) + / -
Hi I have just brought a new lexmark x2350 all in one printer and I can print from the pc but I can not scan from the pc can any one please help.
Thanks Tracey.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Chris Harris (9/14/06 6:54 AM) + / -
Hi Can some please advise me where to replace the ink cartridge on my Lexmark2300, I do not know where the opening is

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gramichocolate (9/14/06 4:53 PM) + / -
I have a lexmark p3150. I replaced my ink cartridges and now I get a message that says. please close lid. the lid is closed! I've tried restarting my computer, unpluging and unhooking the printer. I even tried uninstalling and re installing the software. Nothing seems to work. Please help me!

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/14/06 7:51 PM) + / -
Annette, did you ever get your printer problem solved? I am having the exact same problem. Cartridges are half full or more but will not print in colors, only black and white. Also, the print is not easily read. Can you help me? Thanks, Suzanne from Ky.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/15/06 7:38 AM) + / -
Cant find disc, how can I get it for free

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Wolfram (9/15/06 1:17 PM) + / -
Hiya.
Could someone please help me i just got a thing of ink today, color and black catridges #34 and 35 and when i load them in the black one works. Strangely when i put in the color it says it is incorrect, i placed them in the correct spots and reput them in several times bt to no avail. If you can help please do so as i know nothign of printers and i really want to get this working.

-Printer Type- X5250 all in one

error message- Right Catrige incorrect.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by dan45 (9/20/06 9:22 PM) + / -
Hey all,
I have a Lexmark 2300, and I need to know how to print in black and white instead of color, does anybody know how i can change the settings?
Thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by aman (9/23/06 7:04 PM) + / -
i have a lexmark x2250 and i need to refill my cartridge and i dont know how to take it out. can someone tell me where it is located.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/23/06 9:24 PM) + / -
If you aren't smart enough to figure out how to take the cartridge out, how the heck are you going to be able to figure out how to refill it?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by lynn meazza (9/24/06 5:43 AM) + / -
I have installed a lexmark 730 series i have put in a new cartridge it was printing out in grey and now it is coming out red have been through the colour management and dont know what to do in how to print out in black. Please help as kids need it for their homework

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by William 2 (9/24/06 7:37 AM) +1 + / -
My P4350 all in one printer is driving me nuts. Every time I try to print a documentfrom my iMac (OSX 10.4.7)I get a message on the computer screen saying "Process USB stopped unexpectedly with status 11" What is this? I have tried deleting the printer and downloading the driver again but the same problem occurs. Also sometimes get error messages on the printer screen saying Error Message 1102 or 1203. I can't find any reference to these error codes anywhere. Can anyone help please.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by lchheng (9/24/06 2:43 PM) + / -
You go to printing preferences and under quality/speed put a check where it says print color in black and white.

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (9/25/06 2:37 PM) + / -
From the time I hit print with my X83 to when it begins printing is always 1minute and 5seconds.

Did you find out anything?

Thanks,

Bill

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gmcley (9/25/06 8:24 PM) + / -
I have a lexmarkx6150 it is reading hardware error 0502 I can't find my manual so I don't know what this means- any help

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by fredO (9/27/06 8:02 AM) + / -
Hi everyone!
I've got problems with my lexmark 2300. For over a year I didnt have any problems until recently when my printer started printing everything in red. First I thought it was caused by low ink level but I have recently bought a new cartridge and now it prints in GREEN!!!!! I tried option of Files -> Print -> Properties ->
Options -> Quality and many other options but nothing seems to work.
Do you also have similar problems with this printer? Do you have any ideas how to sort it out?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by fredO (9/27/06 8:05 AM) + / -
Hi everyone!
I've got problems with my lexmark 2300. For over a year I didnt have any problems until recently when my printer started printing everything in red. First I thought it was caused by low ink level but I have recently bought a new cartridge and now it prints in GREEN!!!!! I tried option of Files -> Print -> Properties ->
Options -> Quality and many other options but nothing seems to work.
Do you also have similar problems with this printer? Do you have any ideas how to sort it out?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Christina Williams (9/27/06 3:03 PM) + / -
I have a lexmark x125 and it wont install in my computer? I bought it used at a thrift store and no disc came with it?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Sonny B. (9/28/06 7:55 AM) + / -
Where can I get a free download for a Lexmark 3100 series printer.
I an running windows XP 4.0

I can not scan or copy or preview.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by nelso0811 (9/30/06 4:01 PM) +3 + / -
My 3-in-1 works just fine, except that the black ink no longer works! I have cleaned the connections and the cartridge, replaced the cartridge twice, and it still won't print black. My indicator shows full. The color side works just fine, but there are things that just don't look right printed in magenta, ya know? Help? the official website is no help at all, as this problem isn't even on their list.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by 365live (10/4/06 6:25 PM) + / -
Lexmark X1185 3-in-one printer, no ink cartridges installed in the printer, indicator shows color ink is full. Even when I have both color and black cartridges in, when I want to print something in color, it prints black and white. Updated the drivers, didn't work. Roll back the drivers, didn't work. Uninstalled printer and drivers, repeat the update and roll back method and nothing is working the way it is supposed to be.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Seeker (10/5/06 12:10 PM) + / -
Hello. I have a Lexmark X83 that reads Unlock Scanner when I turn it on but the switch at the back is set to UNLOCK. When I try to turn it off, it reads Power Down Error and won't turn on or off after that without disconnecting and reconnecting power. Is there a realatively easy fix for this or should I throw it out. Thanks to all that reply.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/5/06 1:45 PM) + / -
how do I delete a photo when I am through with it ????or when I have decided to replace it with another???? Help please!!!I have a Lexmark 2300 printer. Question saved photos. PLEASE HELP !! craftshirley@hotmail.com NEWCOMER

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by gl (10/6/06 10:41 PM) + / -
I just purchased a LexMark X3470, all in one printer and it makes horrible copies and picutes and pages! I've never had a printer that did so terribly. I've tried aligning the cartdrige several times and even replaced the one that came with it with a new one. The picutres are fuzzy...not clear at all and the color is faint.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems Z733 by slr (10/7/06 8:45 AM) + / -
I bought a new Z733 color printer. The CD driver that came with the printer is a Z730 series disk. I install the driver and when I go to add the printer it goes through the whole process, but at the very end it says it can not find the printer. It says check all connections and power plug. Everything is connected securely. What is weird I tried installing another printer other than the Z730 series and it recognized that printer but would not print, What printer does the Z730 series recognize? Can any one help with this Problem? If you can thank you ahead of time.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/8/06 9:32 AM) + / -
I have a Lexmark 3100 series printer and have lost the installation disk, what do i need to do, to get it downloaded to my new computer?

Re: x75Lexmark Printer Problems-Communication by Anonymous (10/9/06 3:50 PM) + / -
Hi I have a LexmarkX75 All-In-One Printer. When I have a print job ,it said printer can't communicate with computer.
I have un plug the power cord and the ubs cable and pluged them back in ,and it didn't clear the problem. the power light on on

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by marga rondon (10/9/06 5:15 PM) + / -

Hola

la presente es para informarle que tengo un print lexmark modelo 3100 y cuando lo voy a instalar me indica este mensaje necesito que me ayude se lo voy agradecer el mensaje dice asi:
Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running.

agradecer me indica la instrucciones en espanol si no es posible pues la recibire en ingles

muchas gracias

La Sra.Rondon

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/9/06 7:18 PM) + / -
gl

try uninstalling and reinstalling your software...

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/10/06 6:39 AM) + / -
I have a Z611 series every time I print is says out of paper and every time i print it gets up to 45% on the status and never gets to 100% I have paper in it and it is in there right what am I doing wrong can somebody please help me?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/10/06 7:35 AM) +1 + / -
My P3150 all in one is doing my head in, same paper feed problem as above, just pulls to one side and gets mangled up, is infuriating to say the least. Any suggestions?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/10/06 8:56 PM) + / -
Hi this is Paula,
I lost my LexMark Prin Trio Photo P3150 download drive cd I really need a CD that i can use my printer (which it still working GOOD)
Hope to hear from u very ASAP
thank u!!
PAULA

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Undrea (10/11/06 11:03 AM) + / -
I have a Lexmark x75 and my printer is not responding to the computer. Everything is hooked up. My computer keeps asking for the instillation cd but I do not have it any more. Is there any way I can fix this problem without the cd.

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/11/06 6:08 PM) + / -
hi paula

there are 2 options for u
1.if u need the cd then u have to call lexmark and can order the cd which will cost you around $11.

2. you can download the drivers for your printer from lexmark.com free of cost.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/12/06 10:59 PM) + / -
I lost my cd to load my lexmark 2350 printer scanner.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by zozzykid (10/13/06 2:44 AM) -1 + / -
Hiya im having a big problem with my lexmark z605 printer.Iv use to refill my color cartridge untill the nozzles became blocked so i had to replace it with a new one trouble is now the new cartridge will not print out on paper iv tryed the nozzles and its fine.Can anyone help as im realy getting miffed with the printer now.
thanks

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by zozzykid (10/13/06 3:07 AM) + / -
you can download the instalation prog from lexmark web page

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by zozzykid (10/13/06 3:55 PM) + / -
Result iv fixed my cartridge problem i was having with the z605.
If anyone has same problem swap the cartridges over and turn printer of hold the power button for 15 seconds and see what it prints if one cartridge isnt printing it means the printhead is buggered.I rang lexmark and they are sending me a new printer.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/14/06 8:31 PM) + / -
i lost my lexmark 23oo installation cd. i really need to have this problem solved because i am student and also, i do lots of photo-copying. if you can remedy this problem it will greatly be appreciated. thank you,
andrea

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/15/06 3:15 PM) + / -
I need to load my printer in my new computer. I have lost my CD thats loads it. Which download do I need to get the printer download on my computer.

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/16/06 2:44 AM) + / -
What printer have you got and what op system are you useing

Lexmark X1150 by Indianasteve (10/16/06 8:25 AM) + / -
I have had problems with my X1150, Right now it says that the lid is open when it is not, and won't print. Does anyone know where the lid open sensor is to let the printer know when the printer is open?
Thanks

Lexmark X1150 by Indianasteve (10/16/06 8:34 AM) + / -
I have had problems with my X1150, Right now it says that the lid is open when it is not, and won't print. Does anyone know where the lid open sensor is to let the printer know when the printer is open?
Thanks

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Olywafan (10/16/06 1:04 PM) + / -
My lexmark 1185 keeps spweeing out paper with two printed lines about one third to halfway down the page as if it is testing the printer or the cartridge. Usually I can stop this by unplugging the printer from the electrical socket and plugging it back and resending my print job. However the last couple of nights I have not been able to stop it from doing this, and, also I can't get the catridge loading thingmajig to stop at the loading position (in the center where I can see and reach) so I can load a new black and white cartridge. I am going crazy over this as my kid's project was due today, but, because of this printer problem, his project will be handed in late. Please help!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/17/06 6:58 AM) +2 + / -
Lexmark X3470 all in one printer has a problem with the open door even when the door is closed. What should i do?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/17/06 7:08 PM) + / -
LOST PRINTER CD: LEXMARK Z730

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by amashh (10/18/06 5:16 PM) + / -
hi

call the lexmark tech support and get it replaced. the printer sensor is gone bad.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/19/06 9:33 PM) + / -
hey i ahve a lexmark printrio photo p3150 and i have downloded the thingy for it and it says it cant find a printer attached to the computer so whats rong with it plus my mane use for it is to copy,scan and use the little port for my memory stick for my camera ty ttyl

Re: Lexmark X125 Printer Problems by Smiles (10/20/06 8:15 PM) + / -
Can someone please tell me where the power button to turn the all in one Lexmark X125 is located please. Thanks so much!

Re: Lexmark X125 Printer Problems by Smiles (10/20/06 8:18 PM) + / -
Can someone please tell me where the power button to turn the all in one Lexmark X125 is located please. Thanks so much!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/21/06 10:02 AM) +1 + / -
i have a lexmark P4350 it wount reconise the black cartridge (just bought the printer) it says error 1102
the place i bought t from is a heck of a long way away so i was hopeing to fix it myself

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/21/06 8:04 PM) +1 + / -
I think your problems with the cartridges going to the sides is called "slamming". A computer science student at work told me how to fix it last year and it worked but I have forgotten how to do it. I'm having the same problem now. Does anyone have the solution, please?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/22/06 4:04 PM) + / -
is the lexmark z730 printer the same as the 730 lexmark printer

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Schoolgirl75 (10/23/06 12:10 AM) +3 + / -
I have a Lexmark 3100 series Print Trio Copier/Scanner/Printer and I can't get it to print in black. I just installed a new black ink cartridge, but every time I try to print something the paper comes out blank. I have to print my documents in color just for anything to show up. :( this is not good for me since I have to give a resume tomorrow.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Windfall (10/23/06 7:07 AM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X83 that has an error message of Unlock Printer. Any clue how to do this? On-line manual does not give instructions.

Re: Re: Lexmark X125 Printer Problems by amashh (10/23/06 9:13 AM) + / -

hi

there is no power btn in X125 ... you have to unplug the power adapter in order to turn off the printer.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/23/06 10:16 AM) + / -
reset

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/24/06 1:27 PM) + / -
X1185 -- stopped printing color. I use mostly dark grey instead of black in documents, so this is kind of a problem. Cartridge shows nearly full.

Cleaned print heads, got black stripes and a few hazy sketchy hints of pink. Took out color cartridge and gently wiped bottom with soft slightly damp cloth -- it has all three colors in there, i can see them on the cloth -- they're in there. Cleaned print heads again, this time i get a good bit of the magenta and a little yellow, not much. Test printed the color document that had been blank, and it printed in color! Well, *a* color. Pink.

Can't count how many times I saw similar problems on this forum, but I've not seen any solutions, just lots of different attempts to fix it, none working. One thing I haven't seen -- are the print heads separate? That might help, I suppose, if someone was willing to hassle with with it, but I'm not -- it's not worth it -- I can buy a brand new better printer for the price of a pair of ink cartridges, which makes cheap low-end printers ... pretty much disposable.

So I'm thinking of taking it out in a field and beating it to death with a baseball bat.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/27/06 5:18 AM) +1 + / -
I think the answer is, don't buy Lexmark. Before now I'd had no problems with printers, decided to get the Lexmark X1190 as it was quite cheap and was all-in-one. Since I bought it, I've had no end of problems with it, jamming, printing duplictes... you name it

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/27/06 5:49 PM) + / -
When I copy something it wiill print just fine untill it gets three fourth of the way down. Then I get a big black mark that might be 3 to 4 inches long across the page. What do I need to do to fix this? It's very hard on my black ink.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/27/06 8:10 PM) +1 + / -
whats with these Lexmark X5150's, mine is doing the same thing?
We have had it whole 2 years and now I put in two new cartridges about 2 months ago and still can not get the color to work.
I went through the support people and they tell me it is my cartridge.
What gives with all of this?
Cheryl

Re: Lexmark - cartridge is missing by Anonymous (10/29/06 12:16 PM) + / -
Did you resolve the problem?

Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/29/06 12:23 PM) + / -
We have a Lexmark X5150 and we are getting the following error
Hardware error 0502, Anyone know what that is? This is the second machine I have had with the same damn error. The other machine was a Dell(made by Lexmark).

Would love to know what the hell the error is. We have no book or disk to refer to.

Does anyone have a Installation Disk for this unit they'd like to get rid of?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/29/06 3:59 PM) + / -
I have a X83 Lexmark someone gave to me but i need a cord to plug it in to the wall and a disc to download it to my computer do u have a extra cord if so could i buy it from you

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Stephen (10/29/06 4:23 PM) + / -
If you need parts for a Lexmark unit it's often cheaper just to go to the store and buy a new printer.

http://www.target.com

The power supply sells on eBay for $15.

Here is a sample auction, I am not recommending any particular seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/31/06 7:47 PM) + / -
My lexmark was working fine untill recenty now it wont turn on what can i do to get it to work again

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (10/31/06 8:09 PM) + / -
i meant to say leaxmark x73

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by William Thomas Richa (11/1/06 7:02 AM) + / -
I've had my lexmark x1150 for a while now & it has been great, but now when i scan or preview it only scans for about an inch or 2 & then shows the rest of the screen in black.Sometimes if i keep previewing several times or more i can get a full page but this is a pain,Please can anyone help.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Krafty (11/2/06 7:06 AM) +1 + / -
Hi there i got a lexmark z735 inkjet printer. I had it for a while. My computer went to be repaired but when it came back i could not detect the printer. I have tried installing the drivers again but that doesn't seem to do any difference. It's connected through usb and is on a usb virtual drive. My computer just doesn't seem to want to detect the printer. Can Someone pls help?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/2/06 7:11 AM) +1 + / -
I have a lexmark X2350 all in one for about two months now and its been fine until last week when i tried to print something, and the paper just got stuck on the rollers and so just crinkles the paper. I believe there is a jam, because all the rollers still work, but can anyone help as i don't really know what the problem is ?????????????

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/2/06 12:13 PM) + / -
can u help me try to get my 3150 lexmark going I did what you had said on that 3 times it said it needs a micrsoft signature
the scanner work but the darn printer don't it wants to work
all it said is that I gotta close cover and the cover is closed is it a problem from that point worked fine couple yrs back but not I had took the office stuff it as well may be it had might effect the down loading process from working

edward church

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/9/06 2:07 AM) + / -
I have lost cd to install printer

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems 1130 model all-in-one by MikleUK (11/9/06 1:33 PM) + / -
Hi people, can anyone assist please ? I need a driver, namely
"LXZUSDRV.GPD" for my Lexmark.1130. all-in-one. If you can help I would be much obliged and indebted. Thanks, Mikle.

Re: Re: Lexmark X125 Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/9/06 3:22 PM) + / -
There is no button to turn it on, if it is plugged in and the phone line is plugged in (for faxing) the printer should work.

help, How to reset the toners??? by visio (11/9/06 6:48 PM) + / -
problem for reset toner cyan, magenta lexmark optra c710.

help, How to reset the toners??? by visio (11/9/06 6:51 PM) + / -
problem for reset toner cyan, magenta lexmark optra c710.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by jerome73 (edited 11/10/06 1:47 AM) + / -
HI, when I turn on my lexmark z730 printer the cartridge just slams hard back and forth then stops. the light just blinks and the error message comes up "cannot communicate with printer". I have also noticed a thin long plastic strip that has come off. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/12/06 8:17 AM) + / -
I need to reload my X83 printer onto my computer and I have lost the disk, Can I down load instructions straight to the computer and where do I go to get the down loads?

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by maryLG (11/12/06 1:58 PM) + / -
MY LEXMARK83 IS DRIVING ME CRAXY. I CANNOT GET MY BLACK CARTRIDGE TO FIT CORRECTLY, IT KEEPS BANGING AROUND IN MY PRINTER. HELP PLEASE

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/12/06 2:49 PM) + / -
I know, I have just bought mine and it does the same thing. I am so disappointed with it.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/15/06 12:56 PM) + / -
Hey i have the same printer and the same problem, everything else works fine - after u get over the initial "how the hell is that called BLACK??!!" Let me know if you manage to figure out how to get the damn thing to scan!!!

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Theogene (11/17/06 7:26 AM) -1 + / -
J'ai une imprimante scanneur Lexmark X 1180 qui n'est pas configurée sur mon ordinateur et j'ai perdu son CD d'installation.Et aussi je recherche le logiciel d'installation et je ne l'ai pas trouvé jusqu'alors.
Merci de votre conseil trés important.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by taste_my_vanilla_ice (11/17/06 2:51 PM) + / -
everytime i copy or print something it gives me a response with blue lines in the background. how do i correct this problem?

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/18/06 1:43 PM) + / -
I mistakenly put new ink cartridge in while printer was still on
ever since it keeps putting up notice of allignment problem and when I tried to click on it -it says not responding
I need help quick---it won't let me print cards

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by CY (11/19/06 4:46 AM) + / -
I lost my installation disk and downloaded the drivers and software from the lexmark website.
The printer prints but I can not scan. When the all in one screen tries to open it gets stuck on 'Please wait while the all in one prepares to open for the first time'. I uninstalled and reinstalled several time, sigh.......at wits end.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by CY (11/19/06 5:30 AM) + / -
I lost my installation disk and downloaded the drivers and software from the lexmark website.
The printer prints but I can not scan. When the all in one screen tries to open it gets stuck on 'Please wait while the all in one prepares to open for the first time'. I uninstalled and reinstalled several time, sigh.......at wits end.

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by sandinshoes (11/19/06 1:17 PM) + / -
I have a lexmark x125 printer. I did have this printer installed before my computer crashed and I had it repaired. Now I can not load the software. The wizard starts but it will not load. Please someone help me. thanks

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/24/06 5:07 AM) + / -
I have a lexmark p4350 and im getting a problem when i go to print. this is what comes up on my screen when i go to print
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
it scans ok so the conection must be fine, i dont understand.
Please can anyone help???
Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Stephen (11/24/06 5:44 AM) + / -
The default port for your driver seems to have been changed.

You need to look at the printer properties and then select the correct port.

With windows XP it would be somethink like Start, Printers and Faxes, Right click on your printer, select properties, the click on the ports tab.

The port name should start with USB.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/26/06 1:20 PM) -1 + / -
hey,
I need the instalation software of lexmark 1100. Can you help me?
Send by mail, please.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (11/27/06 5:19 AM) + / -
My CD to the lexmark printer X1100 series has developed a crack on it. I am unable to install my printer on my new computer. How can I download on my computer?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/2/06 8:21 AM) + / -
I need printer installation software for lexmark 1100 series. If some one could download and email to me as a attachment.
Thanks Earl

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/2/06 8:23 AM) + / -
I need printer installation software for lexmark 1100 series. If some one could download and email to me as a attachment.
Thanks Earl

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/2/06 8:29 AM) + / -
Thanks Earl

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/2/06 8:45 AM) + / -
I have this same problem. Have you found the solution?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by macho_techie (12/16/06 10:40 AM) + / -
Hey !!

The problem is with the printer settings on ur Computer !! .. I'm sure tht the connection is fine (coz u can SCAN !!).. so the only thing u need to do is to change the port settings of the printer configured on ur Comp !..
So here is hw u go ---------->>>

On ur Computer... Click on "Start" ->> goto "Control Panel" ->>> "Printers and Faxes" >>> Right Click on the Printer icon >>>> Click "Properties" >>> click "Ports" Tab >>> select "USB00.." from the list >>> Click "Apply" >>> Click "OK" >>>> ..Try Printing any test page..

If this doesnt work .. go ahead uninstall and reinstall the printer software... shuld wrk fine !!!

Macho_Techie

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/19/06 3:14 PM) + / -
Lexmark 2300 all in one, first printer cartridge change and now it WILL NOT PRINT BLACK (or what they called black,lol) prints purple instead cleaned nozzles as suggested above, still prints purple....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/19/06 5:24 PM) + / -
you know you can go to Lexmark and they will down load it for you. i had that problem once when i move and could'nt find any thing

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/21/06 2:52 PM) + / -
I have an all in one X6170 and that error code means the encoding strip ( the transparent grey one located above the pulleys controlling the printer cartridge) has come loose. If it's only one side you can put it back on, if it has come loose completely Lexmark reps tell me it is a "hardware failure" and if it's not under warranty you're SOL. My printer was 2 days over the warranty when I got that code. It is very prominent on the Lexmark web-site under technical support as a problem on our printers. I believe that is why my printer is no longer being sold. Also the Lexmark rep sent me a link where I could ge a whole $20.00 off the Lemark printer of my choice....I DON'T THINK SO...I'll NEVER buy one of these POS again. Still under warranty, ask for a local authorized place to get it fixed. With the cost of shipping, paid by you, it's cheaper to get a new printer...just not a Lexmark.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (12/30/06 11:02 PM) + / -
hi sir
my printer is lexmark125.
printer got problem the problem is i can print black clearly but color it doesnt work, i had replace it but then also it doesnt work ,when i give print print moves just gives blank paper,and the movements are same as usual.
please solve my problem

Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/2/07 5:43 AM) +1 + / -
Hi, I've been having problems with my Lexmark3400, It wont let me access my scanner, It tells me to press a button repeatedly to scroll down to the scanner but no matter how many times I press the button it wont scroll down, and when I go to propertys in my control panel it says there are no propertys to display.
Can someone please help me with this?
I only have access to the printer and nothing else.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/2/07 8:25 PM) + / -
Yo tuve el mismo problema: Lo que sucedio es que existe una "patita" plástica que presiona un botón dentro de la impresora cuando la tapa está cerrada, y al cambiar los cartuchos y cerrar la tapa, esta patita se desprendió, con lo cual no apretaba el botón, y aparecía el mensaje de cerrar la tapa. Debes abrir la impresora con cuidado, manualmente, e intentar de volver a colocar la patita en su lugar y habrás resuelto el preblema.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/3/07 6:33 AM) + / -
Go to system restore. hit start control panel perf & maint see also system restore restore computer to earlier date when it worked right next calander next THEN WAIT

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/7/07 7:21 AM) + / -
I am using Lexmark X73 Multi function Printer. When printer command is given, the paper is drawn inside ony a little bit (about 2 inches) and then stops moving further. Only a sound similar to that of printing is heard. The same same is happening when align the cartridges command is given. Kindly let me know the problem. If it is not a major repair, let me know how to rectify it.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/7/07 7:24 AM) + / -
I am using Lexmark X73 Multi function Printer. When printer command is given, the paper is drawn inside ony a little bit (about 2 inches) and then stops moving further. Only a sound similar to that of printing is heard. The same same is happening when align the cartridges command is given. Kindly let me know the problem. If it is not a major repair, let me know how to rectify it.

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/8/07 10:48 AM) + / -
This printer is a piece of junk....I unpluged the usb cord to computer...did a restart and then pluged printer back in and it reinstalled drivers....it works ok, but it is the worst printer I have ever bought....I'm going back to the ultimate HP...they are far the best printers.

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/13/07 9:33 AM) + / -
WAT DO I NEED TO DO

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/13/07 4:04 PM) + / -
Most likley, the roller that feeds the paper is worn, or the rubber stop has gotten notched and wont let the paper go.
I had to dismantle mine, I did solve the feed issue by removing that rubber on the feed wheel and turning it inside out and sanding down that rubber stop back to smooth.

Re: Re: x75Lexmark Printer Problems-Communication by ssharky189 (1/15/07 11:00 PM) + / -
mine sucks too

Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/21/07 8:42 AM) +1 + / -
yea i got a 2350 printer and lost my disk also but i read your help guide. it dosnt work i get a meesage saying cant find hardware can you help me or call me 8046581206 moe

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark Printer Problems by Anonymous (1/21/07 9:11 AM) +3 + / -
to anyone with a paper feed problem. search on these forums for dell a940 and read the thread started by fighting bob, it will HELP YOU. loads and loads of people have found items such as pen and caps jammed in their printer. the dell a940 is a rebranded lexmark and the same as yours.

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters