fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

epson 880 printer

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

epson 880 printer by Margaret (6/23/04 2:51 AM) reply + / -
Can you help? My Epson 880 printer was working fine, but then came up with a general error, with all lights flashing. I cannot get this fault to clear, having tried different methods.
I hope someone else has found the solution to my problem, and can help me.
Thanks,
Margaret.

Re: epson 880 printer by Denny Conway (6/23/04 10:53 AM) reply + / -
Margaret: A Service Error where all LED's/Lights are blinking at the same time, is normally a Maintenance Request Error. The maintenance request error is actually a Waste Ink Ink Pad Error and normally your remedy is to replace the Waste Ink Pad/Pads with a new one/ones and then reset the Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by holding them under running cold water, then dry them out and simply reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make. I would at least recommend getting that Waste Ink Counter reset procedure and performing it first, to make sure your printer will then work...THIS ADDITIONAL INFO POSTED BY "WES" MIGHT HELP: Wes 12/07/2003 13:57:30 To see what's involved in servicing the waste ink pads try this http://www.epsonhelp.web1000.com/wip.html [or] Tim H 12/10/2003 2:46:24 Subject: Epson Reset Program Download Location. after a long search for a reset program for waste ink, without paying, i found it. goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe ...please check that your printer is compatible goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html . this program has other features as well...HERE'S SOME INFORMATION POSTED FROM OTHER PEOPLE, THAT MAY HELP YOU TRY TO LOCATE A SERVICE MANUAL OR A RESET PROCEDURE, IF YOU NEED ONE: "Master 10/05/2002 03:22:56 Re: Epson stylus adjustment programs. You can find any service manual or service adjustment program for EPSON inkjet printers at www.otd.com.ua ". [OR] "Eva 2/14/2003 23:31:11 Re: Epson Color Stylus Error Codes. See http://www.2MANUALS.COM - they have all service manuals and service programs. Due to them I fixed the same error on me C20! They are friendly!" ... Heres a link you can try for Waste Ink Pad Servicing on a C20-C60, that may be of some help: " http//www.wesesweb.web1000.com/wip.html "...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: epson 880 printer by catman (10/2/05 3:46 AM) reply + / -
Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons, then press and hold down the ink button for 10 seconds. This allegedly resets the printer to "new" condition.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by wallypenny (12/18/05 9:57 AM) reply + / -
Hello catman. I have the All-Lights-Flashing problem. Followed your instruction, but did not solve the problem. Any other ideas?
Am I doomed? Wally

Re: epson 880 printer by catman (12/19/05 8:46 AM) reply + / -
Well Wally,it worked for me, try same proceedure but instead of holding ink button for 10 seconds, hold the ink button down until (hopefully) the lights stop flashing. Obvious that should happen in a reasonably short time if it's going to happen at all, less than a minute I would think. Other than that I'm afraid I'm at a loss, so you might be up the creek I guess. Good luck, I think the 880 is bloody good printer, although rather slow compared to modern ones. also I use Inkcycle ink which gives good results at a fraction of Epson's price. I get 6 Black and 6 Colour for about 24, I think one Epson colour is about 17 ! (I don't work for Inkcycle, honest!).

Re: epson 880 printer by wallypenny (12/19/05 9:45 AM) reply + / -
Hi again catman, The "All-Lights-Flashing" is fixed.
I followed your latest and got it on the third try. The timing must be critical as you mentioned. There are lots of folks with this problem and they need this solution because it is simple and avoids the download approach which I was never able to do.
Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !
Wally

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (12/20/05 2:01 AM) reply + / -
Well done Wally, glad you fixed it ! As you say there are probably loads of people out there with U/S Epsons who could get them going again. Happy printing ! John the catman.

Re: epson 880 printer by Hsa (1/3/06 2:15 PM) reply + / -
Hello Catman. Re: "all lights flashing"
Just to congratulate you that simple "reset" you suggested worked on the Epson 880, which I bought in Canada 2004. Thank you for your great idea.
Ali

Re: epson 880 printer by juniper26 (1/9/06 11:07 AM) reply + / -
I had the "all lights flashing" syndrome and just found this site after Googling.
IT WORKED !!
Thank you, Catman. I was getting desperate enough to start pricing a new machine.

Re: epson 880 printer by DouglasD (1/10/06 5:19 PM) reply + / -
Was hoping someone might have the manual or just the schematics page on this unit.. Realy not ready to by new printer.. and if i did would still like to fix this one. ribon is damaged at conection... Damn cat...

Thanx, Douglas
douglasdiederich@hotmail.com

Re: epson 880 printer by hpwizard (1/10/06 5:34 PM) reply + / -
Which Ribbon?
Dazz UK

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (1/21/06 3:13 AM) reply + / -
same problem and took your advice and it worked, brill thanks.
mike

Re: epson 880 printer by mik0 (2/8/06 3:56 AM) reply + / -
Just tried catman's trick and it worked for me as well, cheers mate.

Re: epson 880 ALL LED LIGHTS FLASHING by Charisma (2/11/06 1:51 PM) reply + / -
I read the posts about the lights flashing on my printer. The problem started suddenly after I replaced a color ink cartridge.

I tried the links to http://epsonhelp.freehttp.com/440.html, but it turns out to be a site for Lexus cars! Anyone else having that problem? Are there any more up to date links.

Catman's suggestions did not work for me. (Tried 4 times)

What I learned from all the posts is that my 4 lights flashing problem is likely a "FATAL ERROR".....is this the end of my precious 880 printer, which has worked SOOOO well for me up to yesterday?

I am a little cautious about trying to reset the Waste Ink Counter, but really can't afford to buy a new printer at this time. I am not a printer technician, but I am willing to try to give my precious printer a new lease on life. Any suggestions from any one?

Re: epson 880 printer - Blinking Lights - Catman by Lamoine (3/4/06 10:26 AM) reply + / -
Another very, very, very happy guy. I too, thought I lost my 880 due to blinking lights. It happened when I tried to clear a jammed paper situation. Tried Catman's suggestion, bang, it was gone. I must say to those that try this solution, you have to do it just right or it doesn't work. Again, thanks soooo much to Catman!! Lamoine

Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (3/4/06 3:57 PM) reply + / -
Charisma, The new page is at http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/440.html

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by FULLJAM (3/4/06 7:33 PM) reply + / -
Thanks catman for the advice on resetting printer.
I thought I was going to be needing a new printer. I love my 880!..

Thanks again your post really helped!!

Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (3/18/06 9:48 AM) reply + / -
With your help the flashing lights have now gone and printer OK once again. Thank you so much Catman!

Re: epson 880 printer by the-edmeister (3/19/06 12:39 AM) reply + / -
What sets off the Waste Pad Removal Error?
I suspect it counts the number of cartridges used - right around 200 cartridges the first time I got the all lights blinking. I have used the SSE reset program, I got thru these forums a few years ago, three times now to get my 880 back to working.

Ed

Re: epson 880 printer by dmrobinson (4/14/06 11:08 AM) reply + / -
Anyone got any ideas?

I have an Epson 800 (awesome printer) but it as just come up with an error message.

All the lights are on, the ink light and the power light are both on all the time and the paper light it flashing!

Any help/advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Dan

Re: epson 880 printer by SR (4/18/06 3:14 PM) reply + / -
Just tried this re-set and it worked second try. Thanks so much. I had printed off some photos, had to change the cartridges, carried on printing ok. Changed the paper setting and then flash, flash. All seems ok now. Many, many thanks.

Re: epson 880 printer by RobertSimon (7/6/06 4:57 AM) reply + / -
Thanks to Catman, I had 2 printers 880 all flashing..fixed it in no time..Anyone knows where to buy new sponges, and how to replace them easy??
Thanks again ...Robert..

Re: epson 880 printer by burgman (8/23/06 2:21 PM) reply + / -
Many thanks for your tip the flasing lights are now gone and hopefully I cna get back to printing.

Re: epson 880 printer by Marlox (10/30/06 4:56 AM) reply + / -
hi... I would like know about that epson stylus 880 my error is the light flashing and who could send me one e mail with more details about this? I stay too thank's .. catman I would like talk with u could you send one e mail to me !??? about this....ok honeys
I'll wait for you................................

And you people what problem you have in your printer.. !?? lololololol

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (11/2/06 3:46 AM) reply + / -
Hi Catman,
You have just made an "old man" a happy man! Thank you so much for your helpful and successful suggestions.
I had to follow the suggestion of holding the ink button until the paper lightlight went out.
Great! again thank you so much for you help.
Best regards
Wally (not the same Wally as you helped out previously)

Re: epson 880 printer by edcatzen (11/5/06 3:24 PM) reply + / -
my 880 will print out continuous garbled stuff. have tried going
through notepad, etc. no good. checked it in utilities and it said the connection is bad. removed cables, cleaned them off and reattached to computer and printer. worked once, but only for a page or two. would not print entire file.. (3 pages)
what now?
help!

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (11/5/06 3:34 PM) reply + / -
It worked like a charm.....and I was just on my way to buy another!!! Thanks catman!

Re: epson 880 printer by Reiki3 (2/23/07 2:46 PM) reply + / -
Thank you, thank you Catman!!!! I happen to be quite attached to my epson 880. All the lights were flashing and when I called tech support I was told it would be more expensive to have it fixed than to buy a new one. They directed me to a special website where I could get a new printer with a rebate. Something told me to hold off. The next morning I googled, 'lights flashing on epson 880 printer' and guess what came up in the #1 spot?! I fixed my printer in about 10 seconds flat, thanks to you!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

Re: epson 880 printer by suelynn (3/12/07 7:24 PM) reply + / -
I cleaned the waste pad and reset the printer. I put in new cartridges. Now the printer works except for one thing... it won't print. No ink deposts on the paper. Any suggestions???

Re: epson 880 printer by bethg (3/13/07 11:31 AM) reply + / -
try doing a few head cleaning checks then a nozzle check to see if any ink comes out .

Re: epson 880 printer by David, UK (3/13/07 12:49 PM) reply + / -
No ink on the paper?
Have you removed the stickers from the new cartridges which allow air in so that the ink can flow out?

Re: epson 880 printer by JIM WILSON (3/18/07 7:58 PM) reply+1 + / -
MY EPSON STYLUS USED TO PRINT DOS. NOW IT DOESN'T. I HAVE GENEALOGY PROGRAM IN DOS. PLEASE HELP. I TRIED PUTTING IN THE DRIVER AGAIN.

Re: epson 880 printer UK model by jones the print (9/18/07 2:13 PM) reply + / -
Full respect, IT WORKS!
I was having the same problem on my UK model 880 Colour. I followed these instructions:

HOWEVER this only appeared to work for me after I re-plugged in the serial cable, II could not get the re-set to work with the printer unplugged of connected only by a USB cable.
Whether the cable was factor or it was just a matter of finger timing I don't know, but my advice is; if you have a serial cable, plug it in, it worked for me.

Nice to have my printer back. Thank you, great tip.

Re: epson 880 printer UK model by jones the print (9/18/07 2:17 PM) reply + / -
Full respect, IT WORKS!
I was having the same problem (four lights flashing) on my UK model Epson Stylus 880 Colour. I followed these instructions:

(Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons, then press and hold down the ink button for 10 seconds.)

HOWEVER this only appeared to work for me after I re-plugged in the serial cable, II could not get the re-set to work with the printer unplugged of connected only by a USB cable.
Whether the cable was factor or it was just a matter of finger timing I don't know, but my advice is; if you have a serial cable, plug it in, it worked for me.

Nice to have my printer back. Thank you, great tip.

Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (10/7/07 8:41 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Catman
Worked for me as well. (UK epson)
Actually took it to Epson express repair shop I found on Epson website & they put it on some kind of diagnostic machine & said fatal error! we can sell you a new better one. This one might cost more to repair

Re: epson 880 printer by suelynn (10/7/07 10:41 AM) reply + / -
I still have not been able to get the new ink to work. the printer works, there are new cartridges, no tape on the cartridges, I have tried the head cleaning several times. No help. Anyone else have an ideea?

Re: epson 880 printer by printerrepairpros (10/8/07 10:00 AM) reply + / -
In all liklihood the tube under the cap assembly has come off or the cap is not sealing under the printhead. The other common problem would be a failed pump.
Hope this helps.

Re: epson 880 printer by Rhonda H. Valdez (11/28/07 5:30 PM) reply + / -
Hey~Thanks so, so, so, so, so much, catman and others. I also had flashing lights and was told by a tech that the counter needed to be reset. It also happened after I changed an ink cartridge. What worked for me was holding down the button until the lights stopped flashing. Now I have to change the ink pads. I will keep reading these posts so I can figure that out, too. Thank you all for your help. I am big on conserving, so to wash the pads and replace them is right up my alley. Again, thank you all. Rhonda

Re: epson 880 printer by Rhonda H. Valdez (12/11/07 1:29 PM) reply + / -
Hey everyone. Found a site for free download of Epson SC880 printer. Here it is: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=18615

Only problem is for Macs. I don't know how to open it. My tech friend said to google unzip (or zip) and .rar (winrar) for Mac with Intel processor, which is my computer, or whatever Mac OS you are running. Windows people, do whatever it is you do. File comes in 8 parts.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Fear No Trout (12/20/07 9:47 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the tip...it worked. I was bidding on used epson 880 on ebay and now
I don't have to yet.

Thanks for sharing the tip.

Cory

Re: epson 880 printer by Fear No Trout (12/20/07 9:50 AM) reply + / -
Catman...you are the coolest to share how to fix my printer. I save some
CA$H on buying another one eBay. Thanks!

Cory

Re: epson 880 printer by Horologist (4/6/08 12:38 PM) reply + / -
Hi, the reset procedure worked for on the 3rd attempt. Thanks so much. For those who cannot get ink onto the paper try this:

EPSON COLOR STYLUS 880 HEAD CLEAN

Hold down paper button 3 secs, head moves to 'Replace ink'.
SWITCH OFF POWER AT WALL SOCKET. If you do not, you will damage the head.
Remove ink cartridges.
With hypodermic syringe WITHOUT A NEELE, squirt water down the ink nozzles. The syringe will make an almost water tight seal over the nozzles. The water will spray throught the ink channels and down into the absorbent reservoir below.
Replace the ink cartridges.
Switch on the power.
When the printer has settled, hold down the paper button for 3 secs. The head moves to the 'Replace ink' position. Open and close both lids to simulate a chartridge change and press the paper button.
The printer charges the print head.
When it has finished, switch the printer off with it's own switch, hold down the paper button and switch on.
The printer prints a test pattern.

Re: epson 880 printer by HM (4/9/08 12:27 AM) reply + / -
Catman you da man!!
add me to the list of happy people

I also had the "all lights flashing" problem. I tried your fix and it worked perfectly!

Thank you for your great idea.
HM

Re: epson 880 printer by Hal Kelly (4/18/08 9:02 PM) reply + / -
Printer works good. However some paragraphs almost seem to be in italics or in a font involving random attitude misalignment. Letters are slanted. I have done a cleaning but the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Re: epson 880 printer by nagor (5/4/08 4:05 PM) reply + / -
The light came on to replace the color cartridge. I did and the light stays on and the printer will not print or do any of the maintainence procedures. I replaced the ink cartridge a second time and the same thing happened. I have also tried the flashing light cure and that made no difference.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (6/14/08 7:41 AM) reply + / -
Worked like a charm.

Too bad I didn't stop to look for answer
before throwing 2 of these away in the last 2 months.

ONe thing is certain - I won't be buying any more epson printers

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (6/14/08 8:38 AM) reply + / -
Go to printing utilities and clean heads and alignment.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Claudio Hideki (8/7/08 5:29 PM) reply + / -
I just registered my new account to thanks Catman, the tip just worked fine with my Epson 880 Stylus...THANK YOU very much!!!!

Re: epson 880 printer by Joel Jacobs (8/25/08 10:41 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone know where to obtain the procedure for removing and reinstaling the ink pad of the Epson color Stylus 880 printer?

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by SueLynn (8/25/08 11:19 PM) reply + / -
I need this information also. Please let me know.

Re: epson 880 printer by Mangy Coyote (9/19/08 6:22 AM) reply + / -
This site saved me. Thanks catman, whoever you are! My 880 was down for a week as I tried the fix on it's skeleton. It worked but then the machine went bad again.
I finally forced a paper thru it and out popped a broken plastic tab still stuck in it's works; something eluding me.
Then it reset.
I have to replace a color cartridge that began leaking but all seems well.
Words to the wisened: Catmans reset advice is spot on. I found that with my 880 that eleven seconds go by (count 11 flashes) before all the lights blink a few times in response to the reset.
I also soaked up the excess ink on the sponge with paper towels, and washed it with clean water as well, soaking that up, too.
But if reset doesn't work, check for something messing up the works - in my case the errant tab.
As Churchill said: Never give up!

Re: epson 880 printer by JohnRM (11/17/08 10:06 AM) reply + / -
To Catman

My 880 suddenly developed flashing lights. Tried your first suggestion of holding down both buttons at start and the 10s on ink button, no good. Tried second suggestion holding both buttond to start and release paper button but keep holding ink button while the printer went through the motions and guess what. It WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot.

PS Another little problem. Thw paper does not always load first time and happens also when printing several pages, all requiring the paper button to be pressed, any ideas????????????????

Re: epson 880 printer by ELT (12/23/08 5:52 AM) reply + / -
Gracias it works reset complited
ELT

Re: epson 880 printer by Flasch (12/29/08 4:15 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Catman...I was about ready to buy a new printer, but your fix worked great. Now I can keep this great printer which I have used heavily for many years

Re: epson 880 printer by Marklefty (12/30/08 7:34 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem as everyone else but this fix didn't work the way it is explained. So I tried another way. Press both paper and ink button, whilst switching on, but this time press the ink button (left side button) but not the paper and suddenly the lights flashed and we were away, with no problems.
My 880 is about 10 years old and like everyone else has said is a trusty machine.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (1/17/09 4:08 PM) reply + / -
Google winRAR there is a program called wrar380.exe that you can download for free and use for 40 days, if you want to keep it working after 40 days it will cost you $29.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (3/4/09 8:36 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Marklefty. I tried all of the other suggestions but they did not work for my 880. I then tried yours and it is now OK. Pressed both paper and ink button, whilst switching on, let them both go, then just pressed the ink button (left side button) but not the paper button. Held the ink button down until the printer started to kick itself into life. Now working fine. Thanks again.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (3/9/09 9:54 AM) reply + / -
Catman, your fix for blinking Epson 880 lights worked wonderfully for me. Saved buying a new (or a used 880) printer. Thanks!!!

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (3/15/09 10:13 AM) reply + / -
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Catman's advice didn't work for me either... But your's did! Saved me from a fate worse than - well, you know- My first 880 lasted about 10 years also- I am on my third (which I purchased at a garage sale about 4 years ago! Enjoy your weekend!

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (4/3/09 8:46 AM) reply + / -
This works - thank you!! After hours of trying to download drivers, re-install software etc. I must remember to google a question in the futute - it always work.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (4/9/09 12:12 AM) reply + / -
thank you! you just saved my printer!

Re: epson 880 printer by HappyUser (4/19/09 11:44 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Very Much,

It worked for me but the wife could not wait,
so bought a new printer in the meantime.

Re: epson 880 printer by Marper69 (6/30/09 4:12 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for your helpful advice. This is one of the best printers ever made, and I have 3 of them, now all working because of your help. Does anyone know how to change the ink pads, and where you buy new ones?

Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (7/14/09 10:41 AM) reply + / -
Everyone's already said it - but thanks catman! You saved our printer too....

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Starr (7/22/09 10:47 AM) reply + / -
Thanks so much...four years later your post is still helping people. I love my 880!

Re: epson 880 printer by andylandy (8/31/09 5:31 AM) reply + / -
Another THANK YOU going out to catman, from all those years ago!! my 880 just came up with the flashing lights, after god knows how many years of service - it could be the ink tray full thing, but your suggested 're-set' worked a treat. we'll just wait to see if ink eventually comes flooding out of the botom!! if it does, ill just put a large tray of some sort under the whole printer!!
been using liquid inks, filling with a syringe for years and have had fantastic results and no trouble. thanks again for your tip!! good old google too!!

Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (10/3/09 4:19 AM) reply + / -
Fix still working-how long will this amazing printer continue to work?

Re: epson 880 printer by Anonymous (12/24/09 10:31 AM) reply + / -
Catman many many thanks!

We saved our beloved 880 from the grave, thanks to you.

Merry Christmas and a printfull 2010!!!

Re: epson 880 printer by NevadaNeal (2/28/10 5:22 PM) reply + / -
Thanks alot got mine working too!

Re: epson 880 printer by Bobkey (7/9/10 2:22 AM) reply + / -
My epson 880 suffered a paper jam. After I pulled the paper out all I get now are the on/off light flashing and the paper button flashing with the 2 lights on the ink button on steady. I have tried to reset with all the combinations mentioned previously but without success - can any one offer any advice to get my 10 year old 880 going again?

Re: epson 880 printer by merryjohnson (7/9/10 4:10 AM) reply + / -
you can have a check on your printer cartridges, you try to replace some new printer cartridges to it or you can get Remanufactured Epson Inkjet Cartridges at cheap prices so that you do not have to invest too much.

Re: Re: epson 880 printer by Jody Gabriel (11/10/10 1:44 AM) reply + / -
5 years later your post is still helping people - thank you.

Re: epson 880 printer by potato (11/25/10 7:12 PM) reply + / -
Printing color only. Where there should be black text the page is blank. Did the head cleaning and not difference..any suggestions? Thnx

Re: epson 880 stylus color printer by Uneasyprinter (2/7/11 3:28 PM) reply + / -
I changed the color cartridge for my printer and the color light stays on and it will not print at all. I can't even print a test page. HELP

Re: epson 880 printer by gardenut (3/3/11 9:54 AM) reply + / -
What a star you are Catman. 6 years since you first put the solution on this website and you are still helping people. I bow to your knowledge as it solved my problem. You also saved me a lot of money as I don't have to buy a new printer. Times are tough now.

Catman by 9llc (1/21/12 4:01 PM) reply + / -
Make that 7 years. You rock.

And this little printer, although it is now my back-up, rocks as well.

Re: epson 880 printer by Pedrosailor (5/21/12 3:58 AM) reply + / -
Brilliant, Catman, and there was I, just thinking I might have to bite the bullet and say goodbye to my printer, which has served me so well for all these years. Your simple instruction worked first time, so a big thank you.

Re: epson 880 printer by Heather Bailey-Host (12/6/13 7:59 PM) reply + / -
Catman. YOU are my hero:)

Re: epson 880 printer by jayram57 (12/23/13 4:13 AM) reply + / -
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas,

Yes I am a loyal Epson Stylus 880 colour printer owner and bought it brand new. It cost me an arm and a leg and so do the printer ink cartridges.

Anyway, my black ink went dead after replacing a black ink cartridge and cleaning the printhead had no joy. After googling several sites I realised that the ink nozzles were dried up, so decided to doitmyself. I used distilled white vinegar and to clean it (must say epson a reasonable job for taking out the print head). After re-installing had the darn flashing lights syndrome. I came across this wonderful forum and it worked just as it said on the tin. The article I am referring is dated 10/2/05 3:46 AM. But as the next person mentions, timing is crucial to get the printer reset. The printer works a treat. Thanks to everyone and for you feedback it is really worth my effort.

All the best for 2014.
Jayram57

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters