fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson 1290 reservoir full

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson 1290 reservoir full by Malcolm (6/13/04 6:30 AM) reply + / -
The on and ink lights are alternating preventing the machine from working - this happened once before and I was able to reset it by pressing buttons in a certain order. Does anyone know the sequence as I have forgotten? I believe that the lights flashng in this way indicate that the waste reservoir is full. Can anyone help please
Malcolm

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Denny Conway (6/16/04 1:04 PM) reply + / -
Malcolm: I'm sorry, I can't tell you that reset procedure, but the following previously posted information, may help you: Tim H 12/10/2003 2:46:24 Subject: Epson Reset Program Download Location. after a long search for a reset program for waste ink, without paying, i found it. goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe . please check that your printer is compatible goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html . this program has other features as well...THIS ADDITIONAL INFO POSTED BY "WES" MIGHT HELP: Wes 12/07/2003 13:57:30 To see what's involved in servicing the waste ink pads try this http://www.epsonhelp.web1000.com/wip.html ...HERE'S SOME INFORMATION POSTED FROM OTHER PEOPLE, THAT MAY HELP YOU TRY TO LOCATE A SERVICE MANUAL OR A RESET PROCEDURE, IF YOU NEED ONE: "Master 10/05/2002 03:22:56 Re: Epson stylus adjustment programs. You can find any service manual or service adjustment program for EPSON inkjet printers at www.otd.com.ua ". [OR] "Eva 2/14/2003 23:31:11 Re: Epson Color Stylus Error Codes. See http://www.2MANUALS.COM - they have all service manuals and service programs. Due to them I fixed the same error on me C20! They are friendly!" ... Heres a link you can try for Waste Ink Pad Servicing on a C20-C60, that may be of some help: " http//www.wesesweb.web1000.com/wip.html "...Good Luck! Denny Conway...P.S. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by washing them under cold running water and then dry them out and simply reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make.

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Malcolm (6/24/04 12:51 PM) reply + / -
Many thanks for the information posted which I have printed out for further use. However since asking the question I discovered the way to reset the machine which took just a few seconds and it now works fine. The proceedure is as follows. 1/ turn off printer. 2/ Press both buttons while turning printer on. 3/ Hold left hand button down then press the right hand button briefly -- and bobs your uncle! well it was for me anyway.

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Denny Conway (6/24/04 3:00 PM) reply + / -
Malcolm: You're welcome, but remember that there is a good chance that simply resetting that Service error Condition, can result in an ink leak...Denny Conway

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by cboudier (5/21/05 8:46 AM) reply + / -
Hi Malcom and Denny,

Malcom, your sequence does not work for me :-(
May be, I do not fully understand what to do !

1) turn off the printer (Epson Stylus Photo 1290)
2) hold down 2 buttons : which ones ?
On the front of the printer, there are 3 buttons (from left to right) :
1- paper roll (without any light)
2- ink/sheet maintenance (with a red light)
3- power on/off (with a green light)
Please decribe accurately what to do now.

Thanks a lot
--
Christophe

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Wes (edited 5/21/05 9:26 AM) reply + / -
Press the paper feed and maintenance buttons. (at the same time) When the power and error lights are flashing (for 3 seconds) press the paperfeed button for 10 seconds. This resets the protection counter. Timing is the key to get the reset to work. It can take several tries to get the timing right.

I hope this helps,

Wes.

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by cboudier (5/21/05 9:39 AM) reply + / -
Thank you es, but i just (few minutes ago !) found this :

Procedure 3 - for 1290 and possibly 890 printers

1290 printer with green (power / data) and red (ink / paper feed) lights flashing alternately:

Switch off printer with panel switch;
Switch off printer at mains switch - leave off for 20+ seconds;
Hold down roll feed and sheet feed buttons;
Switch on at mains;
Switch on at printer panel;
Continue to hold down roll and sheet feed buttons until both green and red lights flash together in synchronisation, not alternately;
Switch printer off and then, after a few seconds, on again at mains switch;
When red and green lights are both flashing in synchronisation, release the roll and sheet feed buttons;
Press and hold down the ROLL FEED button (the one at the extreme left) and keep it down until the machine finishes whirring, cleaning etc and the green light comes on steady;
Release the roll feed button and all should be well.

--
Christophe

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by cboudier (5/21/05 9:41 AM) reply + / -
Sorry,

Thank you Wes !

It works now.

--
Christophe

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Slim (7/27/06 4:00 AM) reply + / -
My 1290 is not responding to these procedures.
The cartridges are full Epson but the status monitor is not recognising them, although it shows the ink levels. Status monitor tells me to: 'delete all print jobs and turn the printer off. Remove any foreign objects from inside the printer.' I have removed top cover and checked for paper etc. finding no foreign objects. I have deleted the print jobs (print head cleaning task) and tried turning off and leaving to no avail. The red light goes back to constant after trying the suggested procedures.
Am I missing something?

Re: Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Thunderbird2 (8/10/06 2:50 PM) reply + / -
I have a similar problem with my printer. Originally I got the alternate flashing LEDs(green / red) and I managed to clear it with the above process. Worked beautifully. I then decided that I was going to clean the waste ink pads so I stripped down the printer to get them out (They sit under the black cover on the output paper feed.)

Now I have put it together, I just have a steady red LED, oh and it likes to eject a piece of paper before it freezes!

I noticed that the ferruls that sit in the back of the print head (that hold it to the metal rail) had come out and I tapped them back in. The head also jittered on the rail so I greased it and that made it better, but still the steady red LED.

If I get a solution, I will repost. At the mo, I am looking for another printer . .. don't really want to lose my A3 capability though.

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Wes (8/10/06 3:07 PM) reply + / -
If you really used grease it is probably too thick. You really want to use a "lite oil" like a sewing machine oil or 3 in 1 oil. WD-40 is to lite. Also use a gel instant glue to glue the bushings into the carriage. Just tapping them in is not enough because they will just fall out again. Also make sure the encoder strip is clean. If it is dirty it will give you the same type of error.

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Thunderbird2 (8/10/06 4:41 PM) reply + / -
You can also get manuals here w?ww.?tradebit.?com/?filedetail.php?/818676. you need to cut and paste and remove the ? from it

Re: Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Thunderbird2 (8/10/06 4:53 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Wes

I actually used a lite military grade silicon based grease used in arial recce cameras - not axle grease for 18 wheelers! It's the type of stuff they use in manufacture and you often see it at either end of the bar.

Cleaned the encoder strip already. Also the reader in the head was askew, probably from where I tapped the ferruls back in.

They do need glue as one came out again.

I am getting a manual off ebay for about 2.50 so I can get a better idea of what the solitary red steady LED signifies.

Maybe it's telling me that I shrunk the ink pads when I put them in the oven at 50 deg C to dry them out! (Only by about 5 mm though!)

Re: Epson 1290 program resetter by pen (9/7/07 9:01 PM) reply + / -
how can i get epson 1290 program resetter????

Re: Re: Epson 1290 program resetter by Anonymous (9/11/07 4:38 AM) reply + / -
To reset the carts or the printer?

I can send you a 1290 disk I used to sell on ebay before they stopped me, that has loads of 1290 utils and stuff.

Are you in the UK?

Steve

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by bagladyem (9/14/07 5:54 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for this, it worked for me! You have saved me a big headache!

Re: Epson 915 (870) reservoir full by mantonis (9/21/07 12:14 AM) reply + / -
I found how to reset my Epson Stylus Photo 915 (it's the same as 870, 900) successfully. After resetting, I took out the pad that's inside the printer and clean it. I put it back to the printers base and start working/printing again. Some people on the internet say that you also need to empty the reservoir that is filled with sponge material. Some other say that the ink gets evaporate so you do not have to do something than clean the pads. How can I empty the reservoir (if that's needed) on an older Epson, I just found solutions only for the R series.

Thank you in advance,
Antonis

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by rawattrilok (10/26/07 11:53 PM) reply + / -
hello,

I required Epson Printer 1290 service center in delhi

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Anonymous (12/21/07 4:55 AM) reply + / -
after changed printhead,printer prints blank

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Anonymous (12/21/07 9:21 AM) reply + / -
You need to set the print head voltage and adjust the print head bi di and other settings. Also check the F1 fuse on the main board.

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Bverley (2/13/08 2:07 AM) reply + / -
I have a similar problem with my printer, i have an Epson Stylus Photo 1290 InkJet Printer. Had for a while now but all of a sudden i cannot print. Originally I got the alternate flashing LEDs(green / red) but now when i turn on the printer the middle red light & green light is on it together and no more alternate flashing. I've try the below steps for many times but still cannot work it. Any good solution to solve this problem?

1290 printer with green (power / data) and red (ink / paper feed) lights flashing alternately:

Switch off printer with panel switch;
Switch off printer at mains switch - leave off for 20+ seconds;
Hold down roll feed and sheet feed buttons;
Switch on at mains;
Switch on at printer panel;
Continue to hold down roll and sheet feed buttons until both green and red lights flash together in synchronisation, not alternately;
Switch printer off and then, after a few seconds, on again at mains switch;
When red and green lights are both flashing in synchronisation, release the roll and sheet feed buttons;
Press and hold down the ROLL FEED button (the one at the extreme left) and keep it down until the machine finishes whirring, cleaning etc and the green light comes on steady;
Release the roll feed button and all should be well.

Thks & Rdgs,
~ Bverley Bee ~

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Anonymous (7/16/08 7:17 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the solution! I was about to throw my printer away until I read this thread! The intermittent green / red flashing lights have gone away and my 1290 is like new again! After thousands of prints, I love the punchy glossy prints I get with the 1290 and it'll be a shame to move to a pigment printer some day . . but not today!

Re: Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by mikeo (8/28/08 3:22 PM) reply + / -
GENIOUS!

all works, printer is back!

Many thanks!

Re: Epson 1290 reservoir full by Eagle_tech (8/31/08 7:23 AM) reply + / -
Install an "External Waste Ink Tank" and reset Waste Ink Counter,

easy and are only $14 on eBay see here: http://shop.ebay.com

or search for "Epson Waste Ink Tank"

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds