fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Roy (6/3/04 3:51 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone have or can point me at a service manual for an EPSON Stylus Photo R300...
Have the "General Error" problem and the only advice from Epson is to take it in for repair.
Any help on tracking down a service manual would be greatly appreciated - though having spent several hours searching am not holding out much hope! Thanks, Roy

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by jarek (6/11/04 1:19 PM) reply+6 + / -
Hi. I know, how to cancel "general error" problem. are you interested jet? Do you have any service manual for this printer? Sorry for my engish ;).
Regards
Jarek

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Cata M (7/7/04 1:15 PM) reply+2 + / -
first...turn off the printer
second...push "stop", maintenace button and power button toghether..till apear an message.good luck

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by fissedoff (12/18/05 1:24 AM) reply+2 + / -
hi all
i have heard tha the epson 300 series of printers are pre set so that they have to be taken in to be reset when i comes up for a service, however all is not lost. ther is a progam on the net that does this for you. you must do it as soon as the service comes up, if you continue to use the printer it will shut down. i know someone with the progam ill get it and post a link
hope it helps all of you ?
fissedoff

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/30/06 2:16 PM) reply + / -
i have an r300 that started printing pink, no black or blue coming through, tried cleaning the heads and now i deleted the printer and readded with drivers

when trying to print now, it sounds as if it is printing but their is nothing on paper.

all cartdiges are either full or three quarters

general error by puss (3/7/06 7:40 AM) reply+3 + / -
my maintenance light is on ond no other buttons work....HELP

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/13/06 7:06 PM) reply+1 + / -
Turn off printer

Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10 seconds. A message will appear on the screen. power off and back on for reset

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/19/06 8:28 PM) reply+1 + / -
YES it WORKS THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!! What is that for that it block it self for??? does it really need a maintaines???

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual by selksea (3/20/06 3:43 AM) reply+3 + / -
This doesn't solve my problem - just get the message: CLR WASTE INK CTR - FINISHED TURN OFF PRINTER POWER - I do that and just get the same message of GENERAL ERROR See your printer documentation for information about clearing the error. I don't know where to look, nothing helps!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Alexandr56 (3/21/06 10:50 PM) reply-1 + / -
Look here: http://www.smpcshop.com

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/31/06 11:50 PM) reply + / -
HELLO !

I READ , YOU HAVE SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH - GENERAL EROR -
I WOULD BE GRATEFULL IF YOU WILL BE SO HELPFULL TO SEND ME
ANY ADVICE TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM. ON MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.

THANKS
DANY

EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by Anonymous (4/1/06 12:00 PM) reply + / -
Danny,

I had the same problem and the first thing I did was to take
a paper towel and blot the ink from the wast trays. Use CAUTION
as not to get any ink on your fingers or clothes as it is
virtually impossible to remove. Also use care not to damgag or
put force on the waste trays while blotting out the ink. Then I
followed the procedure outlined in this forum: Turn printer off,
press stop then maintenance and power holding all three down
simultaneously until a message appears to turn the printer off
to reset. Turn the printer off theb back on and you should be
good to go.

Good Luck!
Chef

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/2/06 9:54 PM) reply + / -
Thanks MR. Anonymous
I work for me TOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Ma by kingsturgeon (4/14/06 5:35 AM) reply + / -
I also have the 'CLR WASTE INK CTR' error when I turn on the printer.

I use third party ink and sometimes have to clean the print heads. (Ink must be drying quickly).

I've taken out the waste ink tube and fed that in to a small container (waste ink mod) but that didn't solve the problem.

I've installed that app and attempted to reset the counters - that didn't work either.

Please help!

Cheers.

EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/14/06 11:13 AM) reply + / -
Hello, I need help with my Epson stylus photo r300. I dropped it couple of times and now it is not printing. It does not show any error message. I tried to fix it by turning off and on, unpluged the USB cable, and even bought a new cable but nothing. What can I do? ?

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Geeza (4/15/06 11:18 AM) reply + / -
Why bother paying for the bleeding service manual when here it is to download for FREE!!

http://rapidshare.de/files/18087257/r300s_m.zip.html

Sod the sites that make you pay for it.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 by supa.debo (4/18/06 2:29 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I've just bought a new black cartridge. I followed the instructions putting it in the printer. The display showing ink levels on the printer and the computer shows that the black ink cartridge is full. However, no black ink at all is being printed. All the other colours are fine. I've done numerous nozzle cleans and print head cleans but there is still no black ink. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Can anyone help?? supa.debo

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/22/06 9:10 AM) reply + / -
how can i instale my epson stylus photoR300 to my computer with out the instalation disc

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/22/06 9:15 AM) reply + / -
how can i instale my epson stylus photoR300 to my computer with out the instalation disc

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/22/06 10:11 AM) reply + / -
It baffles me. People can find this site but they can't figure out how to go to the Epson web site and download a driver. So go to the Epson web site and download the driver. Just click on "Drivers & Support" and follow the prompts.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/22/06 11:37 AM) reply + / -
I’m getting the general error message that reads: See your printer documentation for information about clearing the error. All that the manual said was to turn off the printer and remove any foreign objects, like paper. I also went to epson.com and received the same information. There is not a paper jam, I have cleaned the waste hopper, I have cleaned the print head, and I have replaced the ink cartridges. I am still receiving the General Error message. Any ideas? Thank you, Ashley

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by tt (4/22/06 2:14 PM) reply + / -
hi my printer is printing out in all differnt coulours ive changed the set of inks and cleaned the heads and its still doing the same thing

General Error by Filmguy0001 (4/23/06 4:26 PM) reply + / -
I am also getting the same message as below. However, when I try to boot the printer the band for the ink cartridges sounds like it is just winding uncontrolably.

I’m getting the general error message that reads: See your printer documentation for information about clearing the error. All that the manual said was to turn off the printer and remove any foreign objects, like paper. I also went to epson.com and received the same information. There is not a paper jam, I have cleaned the waste hopper, I have cleaned the print head, and I have replaced the ink cartridges. I am still receiving the General Error message. Any ideas? Thank you, Ashley

General Error Message also (Photo Stylus 925) by Wellness (4/24/06 2:06 PM) reply + / -
Same general error message. However I did not have my printer manual to see what to do. I just turned off the printer, waited a few minutes and turned back on, but same message. What had happened is that the output paper holder was up when a document was printing. The paper therefore was not able to come out. Printer made a loud noise and gave me the general error message. I was able to remove the paper without any problem. There is no loud noise when I turn on the printer. The gold band moves, but the compartment that holds the cartridges doesn't move at all. Can anyone help out??

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/28/06 3:55 PM) reply + / -
hi i guess i have a pump not working. denny, can u pls guide me on how to locate the pump, what to do with it and how to access the parts. my printer is a cx5400. i saw that the pump would not suck in the ink coz of maybe hardened and dried ink, and thus, the pump could not vacumm suck. my email is lordzeigfred@yahoo.com

i downloaded the SSC Utility and do the resets and eveything and i guess i should have removed the ink pads and clear the pumps and the tubes for clogs first.

the printhead is A ok coz i soak it in the Epson Cleaning Solution that i bought here for 1 night and confirm it by blowing slowly with the syringe through the inlets and seeing the nozzles squirting bubbles and the solution. if only i could unlogged the suction tubes of the pump and get it to work first to know if the printheads would work. help me pls! thank you!

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (5/7/06 2:40 AM) reply + / -
If anyone has the service manual for Epson R300 please could they email it to me ,tried the link below does not seem to work anymore so could someone who got this link to work email me the file please

thanks

http://rapidshare.de/files/18087257/r300s_m.zip.html

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (5/7/06 2:49 AM) reply + / -
email is __bull__00@yahoo.com ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R310 Service Manual? by mhl (5/20/06 7:50 PM) reply + / -
Dear All,

could you pls kindly provide the Epson R310 service manual?
Bcoz I've face with the general error & can't get the solution how to solve.
THanks.

Re: EPSON General error by yrebmi (6/12/06 4:59 PM) reply + / -
The manual does not tell you a lot to do with the general error.
I think of that message like the check engine light on your car, it could mean almost anything.
I have an Epson r300m. The "m" just means I have an extra monitor above the reg one. I got that message because it was unplugged from the back. You will also get that message if your jammed paper sensor sences somthing.
You will also get that message if the cartridge is jammed and will not slide back and forth. (that would explain the "loud noise" as your gears are grinding)
I am not an expert and apologise if any of this information is incorrect.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 PUMP? by yrebmi (6/12/06 5:07 PM) reply + / -
My printer pump is not working (i think).
To my understanding, on the R300, the pump works by rolling a clear tube through the rollers. (kinda like a mini milk machine)
I have brought the waste end of that tube out the back to salvage ink and save the ink pads. Despite many many head cleaning attempts, not a spec of ink has come out.
I have located the other end of the tube by the cartridge tray parking area, and it is sealed at this end. I suspect it is not where it should be. Can anyone help me out in this regard?

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonimous (6/13/06 5:39 AM) reply + / -
I had the ink cart retainer lever pop up and it wouldn't let the head assembly move completely to the right so the belt would slip during the warm-up check. Snapped the retainer lever back down and all was well.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Snayke180 (6/23/06 6:06 PM) reply + / -
I don't knopw if anyone is still reding this thread or not ... but my problem is with the R300 as well ... it's a really stupid situation .. basically what happened is that I tried to print something and my printer started making an extremely LOUD noise that I'd never heard before kind of like a lawnmower or something ... An error flashed up on my screen asking me to remove any foreign objects and power off and on the printer .... of course I thought that was silly .. but when I looked in my printer where the paper goes my 2 year old son had jammed one of his SOCKS ! in there... it was caught pretty good but I managed to pull out the sock ... but my printer is still making that sound and won't print ... seems to have something to do with the orange ribbon that has something to do with the cartridge return. Any help would be appreciated... I tried the whole power stop maintenance thing but it didn't fix the problem at all.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (8/3/06 4:39 AM) reply + / -
my r300 has error close cddvd guide the guide is closed but i still get the same error tried everything can anybody help

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (8/7/06 6:06 AM) reply + / -
The waste ink pad maintenance reset procedure only works for the "general error" condition if you pull out the power plug, then push it back in whilst holding the STOP MAINTENANCE and POWER buttons. This performs a general hard reset on the printer.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (8/7/06 11:59 PM) reply + / -
I <3 U !!!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual by coma (8/18/06 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, this did the trick.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by salt101 (10/7/06 8:03 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Cata M. Worked like a charm. The printer made a heck of a racket for about 5 seconds, turned it off when it stopped, and it worked like new.
Salt101 ...

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by Anonymous (10/7/06 8:57 PM) reply + / -
I work for me TOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
THANKS YOU

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by GamesReplys (10/17/06 3:06 PM) reply + / -
To fix the error reported as Parts inside your printer have reached the end of their service life.... and similar messages, you will need MORE than just the service manuals.

The service manual will help you pull the machine apart, but will not help you sort the protection counter. For that you will need a reset utility - the best one is the one the Epson engineers use as it's 100% proven - unlike the Russian(?) SSC utility which has some known problems and has been reported to have wrecked more than one main board.

There is a thing called a Service Error Rescue Kit available from http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/816199 and http://www.theservicemanualshop.com or search http://www.google.com for R300 Service Error Rescue Kit.

It's not free but cost less than a chinese take away and works like a dream. Comes with reasonable instructions on how to do the job and includes infop on cleaning the ink pads instead of replacing them.

Hope this helps.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Joseph Barbaccia (10/22/06 8:01 AM) reply + / -
Wow, thanks very much! I just saved myself $129 plus, by coming to this site. Also I now have a Service Manual, and that will probably save me time and money in the future. It's so satisfying to first attain the knowledge to fix your own printer, fix it, and then have it work like it used to. Cudos!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by dunkane (11/12/06 4:24 AM) reply + / -
hello, on a R300,i've the generall error pb message, than i pushed the 3 button , i saw the "clear waste ink ctr" message, wait 2 minutes...nothing happened...turn off power (by button and also remove the cable methode), nothing...always the 2 messages...i used ssc software..the ink counter have been rested..but nothin..

i'm ready to destroy it with an axle !

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 by les john (11/28/06 12:47 PM) reply+1 + / -
hi
hope someone can help error message ink out but just put new ink in

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (11/29/06 10:43 AM) reply + / -
Search eMule
(Global) servidores

contect to: DonkeyServer No6
eD2K Servidor
Nombre: DonkeyServer No6

Search for:
Stylus Photo R300_R310(sm,cd)

From Sspain
Best Regards.
Pepeuve
epsonianos

Blog para dejar un comentario o tu queja sobre tu impresora:
en 25 dias ha superado las 3.400 visitas
http://blog.iespana.es/epso-nianos/

La web donde podrás encontrar lo que busques
www.usuarios.lycos.es/epsonianos

Grupo epsonianos – el más importante de todos-
Con casi 20.000 inscritos
http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/epsonianos/

Fotos de desmosntaje impresoras
http://groups.msn.com/epsosnianos/

ftp epsonianos
ftp://epsonianos.no-ip.org/
pide Nick y password al administrador

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by mee (11/29/06 8:17 PM) reply + / -
I had a general error on my printer and your guys's advice helped me fix it and pretty much saved me. I have a HUGE paper due tomorrow and if i hadn't found this page and read through the advice given i wouldn't have been able to fix my printer and be able to print. soo

THANK YOU!

EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R310 service required by Anonymous (12/3/06 8:19 AM) reply + / -
Thanks alot 4 the tips, i have to write it down, pull off the power cable, push POWER, MAINTENANCE, and STOP button and plug the cable power back. Turn off the printer, and turn it on again... THX !! it's very useful

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (12/11/06 2:39 PM) reply + / -
Thank you Thank you
We have all got Epson R300's throughout our family.4 in all.
Mine is the only one which had the error appear so far.

I tried this on Epson R300 and its working betta than ever.
Didnt half make a noise though.!!
Don't care though cos the printer is old now and it was betta than paying through the nose for a service.
Fantastic for those who feel they have nothing to lose.!!

Will never buy Epson again.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (12/30/06 12:59 AM) reply + / -
i have error on my printer saying service needed or parts replaced ,please help

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by Anonymous (12/30/06 7:36 PM) reply + / -
Thanks! I'd been fighting this problem for several days when I ran across your web post. Printer working just fine again now.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/7/07 11:53 AM) reply + / -
Hey, I see that you got a service manual... Where???? I need one bad. I just got this printer as a hand me down from my cousin and I don' have the disc the cable or anything. I am trying to wing it. I would love to be able to read up on it. Is it worth it?? It looks like it can put your digitals on to a CD. Let me know if it is worth the trouble, or should I just go and buy and newer model. Thanks, Karen

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Wes (1/7/07 4:58 PM) reply + / -
For Anonymous (1/7/07 11:53) you can go to the epson web site and download the drivers and users manual.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by geordieshaun (1/25/07 12:43 PM) reply + / -
hi there can anyone help my r300 is displaying the dreaded "general error" message, i have tryed using the "switch off, the stop and maintenance button and on button method" when i do this approximately 10 seconds after the "finished turn off printer power" message comes up my gold driver ribbon screams and whizzs round for about 5-10 seconds then i turn it off and back on again and still the message, i have cleaned the excess ink tray at the bottom and even tried unplugging in from the mains to see if that would clear the error message but to no avail. Can anyone please help as i am now looking to buy a hammer!!!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by I broke my printer- (2/21/07 9:29 PM) reply + / -
I recently bought a 'constent ink feed system' for my Epson Stylus Photo R300, and the instructions (for the ink system) were poorly translated into english. At one point it tells you to physicaly move the ink trolly, which resulted in my printer not behaving properly after.

after installing the ink system, the ink trolly slid far to the left and grinded the gears against the left wall.

now- whever i turn it on, I get the 'general error' message, but I think it's because I may have physicaly damaged the printer.

I'm planning on taking it apart and maybe reseting the gears, but I'll wait till morning to do that.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (2/25/07 3:47 AM) reply + / -
I noticed your solution to solving the "error" maintenance warning light issued in 2004! I had that problem and thanks to your information it's now solved.

Many thanks ............ Paul, Cheshire, UK.

Re: Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Ma by awie (3/12/07 10:16 PM) reply + / -
hi all..i got this message too...please...anybody can help me. thanx in advance

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by chinusa (4/6/07 4:20 PM) reply + / -
I found if you press OK, Stop, Maintence and Power at the same time, that's the reset combination plus the OK button, you get "program download mode, insert a media into card slot". I guess it's the firmware upgrade mode, but I couldn't find more information or where to get the firmware.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by Anonymous (4/13/07 8:07 AM) reply + / -
cheers it worked for me as well

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R350Service Manual? by abao (4/24/07 11:25 PM) reply + / -
hi.. how about handle printer epson R350,general error.
if anybody know please email me cause it's so urgent.
thanks

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by CR93pete (5/8/07 10:45 AM) reply + / -
Having bought a second hand printer to try and save some money. I had a silly message of a "paper jam" which wasn't there. Followed the instructions for system reset and lo & behold no message and it prints at long last !

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R350 Service Manual? by Anonymous (5/29/07 2:30 AM) reply + / -
hello have some problem with the printer in this unit but now we already refill it up the ink that is already lost, but the problem there this word says technical support about the ink that is already gone but we just refill it hope you could help me thank you very much and sory for my bad english

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by aafuss (5/31/07 11:50 AM) reply + / -
Get it:
http://bfile.no-ip.info

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by DejaVu1977 (6/1/07 8:53 AM) reply+1 + / -
Thank you for the manual... You saved my life!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by DejaVu1977 (6/1/07 5:35 PM) reply + / -
Short lived! :(

Worked for a bit... Then comes up with Paper Jam all the time. I have also noticed, if I switch off my printer it brings up General Error...

The way I got round it was turn the printer on without cartridges, out them in while on, it then seems to work OK.

If I ask the printer for a nozzle test it prints it. If I ask the computer to send one (or anything) paper jam!

Help me please. :(
Really struggling.

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (6/10/07 11:21 PM) reply + / -
That did the trick, why Epson would have this printer die after on of the colors had been used 10,500 times escapes me.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (7/1/07 5:27 AM) reply + / -
Tried it-about had a HEART-ATTACK !!!!
But it works!!!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by wayster (8/8/07 3:56 AM) reply + / -
my epson r300 printer, will not print CD discs ,it keeps rejecting the CD tray,with tray loaded incorrectly message.
I have checked the ink supply changed discs etc , it accepts the tray goes through the procedure then rejects it ,any help please

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (8/15/07 2:21 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Cata M, I had a general error, have spent couple hours trying to find a way to fix it, and along came this forum. Your instructions fixed it straight away, without having to go to a service provider and pay for them to do the same thing. Thanks again.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (8/20/07 8:15 PM) reply + / -
Correct link to this service manual is http://www.manualdirectory.co.uk/Detailed/18340.html

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (8/21/07 5:39 AM) reply + / -
Have you replaced your cd tray lately, that could well be the problem.

And can I also add my thanks for the info regarding the general error. Followed your instructions, removed the little foam pad, cleaned, dried and replaced it and all better now.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by headache (8/29/07 5:34 AM) reply + / -
I have an R310 and it keeps telling me there is a paper jam when there is none! Resetting it using the button combination causes the golden ribbon to whir like crazy and cause a terrible grinding noise. this isn't the first time it has done this. in the past i have found that switching it off and pulling out the plug and leaving it like that for a day, it seems to lose the problem. i've also noticed that if you are unlucky to have a real paper jam, the printer will forever think it has a real paper jam when there isn't one until you off and leave it off overnight all over again! Epson really makes crappy problem ridden printers!

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (10/17/07 3:50 PM) reply+1 + / -
Do you still have the service manual, I tried to download but no longer there.
Thanks
Jammer1957@rogers.com

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (10/17/07 5:14 PM) reply + / -
General Error or Paper Jam errors on these printers can be a major fault or (usually) a minor fault.

The minor fault is a small piece of paper stuck between the rollers or dried ink on the rollers. Use an alcohol based cleaner, soak a sheet of paper in it and try to 'roll' a piece of paper through thr printer (slight force maybe required).

This is what solved my General Error problem (along with reseting the waste ink counter). The service manual for both these printers is available for free download @ eserviceinfo.com to explain how to strip (not recommended) down the printer and also reset all the internal counters...

As long as the waste ink pot is clear (this takes a lot longer than Epson thought!!).

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by kateandguy (edited 10/30/07 6:12 PM) reply + / -
hi, i have an r310 and get the general error message. i tried the 3 button reset, but when i do the ink cartridge zooms to the left and makes a horrid grinding/whirring noise with a message "clear waste ink ctr...finished, turn off, printer power". where is, and how do i clean the waste ink ctr?
also, a gray strip of clear plastic came off from above the gold ribbon. is that a major problem?

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (11/11/07 11:37 AM) reply + / -
thank you for help me
my printer work again

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by mendtire (12/20/07 12:17 PM) reply + / -
Epson R 300 "General Error". Printer will not do anything. Ink cartridges are full and cannot clear this error to make it print. Any suggestions for us ??
TIA

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by datapersada (1/3/08 10:37 AM) reply + / -
Would you mind sending the manual for me to my email?
databorneopersadA@yahoo.com.sg

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Amanda Hallock (1/12/08 9:08 AM) reply + / -
I emailed it to you, with the exploded diagram. Took me two weeks online to find them both free. They're out there. I got into the "Program Download Mode" this morning, which is what got me on this list, and I'm trying to figure this out. I've taken it apart, replaced the pads, and put it all back together. I just can't clear that blasted error, and the SSC program everyone raves about doesn't do it. Help?

Amanda
BS in Computer Science
Specialty in Tech Support
First adventure in Printer Repair

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual by tigerwan (1/12/08 12:35 PM) reply + / -
Amanda you may need to use the Epson Service Program to rest the eeprom. Not the SSC program.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/19/08 7:11 AM) reply + / -
Hey Mr Roy follow link I have just downloaded the full R300 service manual from this site! If your having problem email me and i'll send to you direct!
http://www.divshare.com/download/3371586-d93
Good luck my internet brother!!

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by sprint (1/28/08 12:19 PM) reply + / -
Greetings
Got my printer back after having the yellow head cleaned but had an error up saying parts at the end of service. Thanks a lot now reset printer and got it back up and running.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/30/08 8:23 AM) reply + / -
you are a star - great advice

thanks

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by smith2p (2/16/08 3:14 AM) reply + / -
Had the 'General Error' on my R300.

The printer would run most of its start up routine and then as the carriage moved from the right end there would be a grinding sound followed by a loud thud. Tried pressing the stop, maintenance and power buttons together at power up, this resets something – don’t know what – didn’t work. Got the manual - thanks for the link Anonymous 1/19/08 – was not much use for my problem.

Eventually I fixed it by opening the CD tray whilst the printer was running up, this caused whatever was out of alignment / not working / back into a working state. Press the Power button and let the printer start its start up routine, then open the CD tray and leave it open till the start up routine finishes. Don’t open the CD tray before powering up as it won’t power up. Hopefully this might fix your problems too.

Pat

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by giz68 (4/19/08 9:24 AM) reply + / -
have epson r300 need main board can anyone tell me where i can get one from. thank

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Wes (4/19/08 11:23 AM) reply + / -
Compassmicro.com Go to new parts. Select inkjet. Select R300. Or just click here http://www.compassmicro.com/parts2.cfm

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/21/08 3:36 PM) reply + / -
JUST LIKE TO SAY A VERY BIG THANKS FOR THE LINK TO THE R300 MANUAL

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/21/08 3:40 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH WORKS A TREAT NOW DAUGHTER CAN FINNISH HER HOMEWORK SUPER JOB THANKS

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/22/08 2:11 PM) reply + / -
do you have up-date on printing on cd

Re: Epson cd/dvd pint software by boston (4/22/08 10:47 PM) reply + / -
anyone wanting just the cd/dvd printing software I have it zipped if you want it
cheers

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/24/08 10:34 PM) reply + / -
thanks wes that help me a lot

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by YAYAYAYA! (4/29/08 5:02 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

I called Epson because I had the "Your printer is at the end of it's service life" message... and they were NO HELP!! They said I would have to buy a new one, or get this one serviced at a place two hours away, and that there was NO WAY to reset the error message.

I found this site and pushed the three buttons and it is working PERFECTLY now.

Thank you!!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (5/23/08 5:24 PM) reply+1 + / -
My R300 does not give me any error message or make any noise. It just don't want to turn on. I tried to press the power botton any lenght of time. When the printer is in this stuborn off state, my computer won't boot unless I unplug the USB cable from the printer.I want to try the reset procedure, but I don't know what is the MAINTENANCE button everyone is talking about. My printer is the Epson Stylus Photo R300. can someone please give me detailed instructions ?

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (5/26/08 7:15 AM) reply + / -
I have the manual also its quite large can upload it to some one site if they got space

r300 manual free email me at obd2 @ hotmail.co.uk (take out spaces)

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (6/26/08 5:20 PM) reply + / -
How to buy a service manual for this machine? It's control buttons are a mystery. Thanks. John

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (7/16/08 12:36 AM) reply + / -
GREAT!!! THANKS!!! this works!!! thank you for puting this up!!!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (8/3/08 12:56 PM) reply + / -
I hope someone can help. I recently bought a Constant Ink Supply System for my R300, everything worked perfectly for about 2 months. Now I cannot print anything and have the message :-
"Ink Cartridges cannot be recognised.
Yellow T0484
The genuine EPSON ink cartridges listed above are recommended for
replacement"
I have replaced the cartridges with the original and still get the same result, the 3-button reset doesn't have any efect either --HELP

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by NFPwife (8/13/08 9:48 PM) reply + / -
You all are BRILLIANT!!

My printer was making a horrid noise when I tried to print from the computer but not when I printed directly from the memory card. I did the three button push and all is well!

Thanks so much!

I was given a R300 because it didn't work. LOL by Iggy in Arizona (9/19/08 8:11 PM) reply + / -
Well this free R300 printer was given to me with 8 additional OEM cartridges.
Owner said it was bad and was giving it away.
Thank you all for your information about resetting memory/Hard Reset. That is all it needed and this is a really good color printer.

I know it is now 2008 and probaly 3 years plus old but I like the price. LOL

Where is the best place to get OEM cartidges. I don't want to play with remanufactured ones.
The best price for Black OEm was at bluedogink.com for $14.99 and
Adorama.com at $14.25

Thanks
Iggy in the cool part of Arizona.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (9/27/08 1:29 PM) reply + / -
Thank you very much for your help it was great

Re: Re: EPSON R300 - Paper Jams - or not? by Anonymous (10/3/08 6:56 AM) reply + / -
I have had exactly the same problem and it's driving be insane. I've tried all the suggested fixes, cleaning the ink tray, the 3 button reset etc etc with no luck. The paper feeds perfectly and comes to a stop at the feed point and then zip! The red light comes on and when pressed the paper trotts out as good as gold.
Nozzle check performs perfectly as well but the paper always stops and the maintenance light comes on whenever a print job is commenced.
As you have been here before, did you discover the cause and fix?
Would be delighted to hear before I throw it out of the window and make an unnecessary new purchase.
Peter

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (10/6/08 5:27 PM) reply + / -
PLEASE LET ME INSTALL MY PRINTER

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by jimjam (10/25/08 8:06 AM) reply + / -
I've got the same problem, that it just won't turn ON. I have a hunch that it could be the power supply unit...perhaps it isn't
pushing the required voltage. I removed the power supply and checked
the 10 pin output which shows a max voltage of 1.7volts, which I
think is not enough to run all elctrical parts.
If not the power supply than it could be the onboard computer driver.
If you find out anything let me know. Oh, by the way, when I push the ON button the maintenance/replace ink RED button both come ON
altho for only about 5 seconds then it goes off but also I noted
that the LCD display shows nothing, no codes, not even a word or number.
My unit is only 13 month old.
I have 3 HP printers and all are over 6 years old and they work like
a charm, no problems whatsoever with the exception of replacing the
ink cartridges.
I should of stuck with upgrading the HP. This is the last Epson
product I'll ever buy.
I pay about $149.00 FOR THE UNIT NEW and just to repair it they want
about $360.00 Figure that out.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (12/6/08 10:04 AM) reply + / -
how do i get my printer to start in my laptop if i have lost the download disc

Re: I was given a R300 because it didn't work. LOL by Anonymous (12/12/08 12:22 PM) reply + / -
Costo has epson inks

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by conrad77 (12/16/08 7:12 AM) reply + / -
this session is more than 2 years old but still helps a lot. thanks a lot. God bless us all

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by emma cooper (1/15/09 1:55 AM) reply + / -
I have the dreaded general error on my Epson Stylus Photo R300.
Through the forums I have acertained that by pressing power / maintenance / stop together with the power off it will tell you of the problem, in my case 'Clear Waste Ink CTR.' Now what do I do? Help!

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/19/09 8:02 AM) reply + / -
Take an absorbent paper cloth (kitchen roll is ideal) and press it down onto the foam pad with what looks like 2 thin wire X shapes on top. This is normally hidden under the print head/cartridge holder on the right side of the printer. You may need to gently slide the print head to the left to be able to see and access it.
The paper can be applied firmly to the top of the pad *but there is no need to push down hard*.
You should find excess ink is transfered onto the paper.

Having performed the '3 button' reset I found that I needed to wait about 30 seconds after the message showed up during which time the print head moved itself around a little under power.
After this power off and then back on again.
2 prior attempts didn't work - but it did after this short wait.

Another caveat is that if the clip that goes over the top of the ink cartridges is not pushed properly down it can also fail to reset properly.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (2/8/09 3:28 PM) reply + / -
Have you gotten the website yet? i really need it im in desprete need of help....please help me

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by robbom (2/20/09 1:39 PM) reply + / -
I had this message and after trying everything on here, I tried a fix inspired from here.

I powered up, then pulled the power plug as the carriage started moving. With the power unplugged I pushed the carriage over to the left so that I could see the two wire crosses on the right. I blotted these with LOADS of paper towels until it was almost dry. Using a syringe, I put some water (very gently as it doesn't take much) over the crosses until it was full. Blotted the worst up then plugged in and turned on.
I heard a couple of small splutters and the printer is now working perfectly again.

It seems that the ink overflow had filled up and not drained properly. It just needed flushing out.

Thanks to the Anonymous Chef for starting the idea in my brain

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by dreid (2/24/09 4:48 PM) reply + / -
I have an r300 photo, I changed the cartridge and thought the calibration was fine and everything, Then I turned off and it would not power up again, just a quick flash or red button would stay on if I kept it pushed on, as soon as I released it would power down or go off, It just wont power up. Any suggestions oh printer gods

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by nagen (3/13/09 2:54 AM) reply + / -
service required message

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (4/5/09 7:05 PM) reply + / -
Great post everyone. Thanks for the help and tips. First off, my situation. My printer was turned on and it went through it's normal start check (what ever it is that it does when it's powered on) As the print head was starting to move to the left after a few times, it made this weird noise. Same description of where the yellow band would sound like it's grinding gears and the 'General Error' came up.

So I followed all the suggestions from above and unfortunately I'm not sure if it's a combination of trying them all out or not that caused my resolution. At any case, I tried soaking up the ink from the ink pad. Cleaned as much as I could and got myself a black pointer finger. I also tried pressing all 3 buttons, (power, mainetnance, stop) I even took all the ink cartridges out and put them back in(now my ink in the ink cartridges are lower than what they were before i took them out, which is weird) And finally I moved the print head to the middle before turnning it back on. After that try, I moved the printer head all the way to the very left side and turned it on. It when through the initial startup and WOHOOOOO. Printer is back in business. Oh, one more thing before I did that, while i was cleaning the ink padding, I was moving this white level around as well which i think was the cause of it catching the printer head.

At any case, I hope this helps out any of you that still has a problem (if you still have the printer of course )

Cheers

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by BryC (4/10/09 10:39 AM) reply + / -
My R300 is telling me that I am out of ink for one colour (light magenta), but it was only replaced recently and I know that there is plenty of ink left as I've only printed about 10 4x6 prints. Any ideas how I can override it as it won't print anything unless I put in a new cartridge?

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (5/21/09 12:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi All,

My original post for this problem was 4/05/09
I posted about a month ago of the dreaded General error. I got the error when the printer made that loud grinding sound and the yellow band went haywire. Well assumptions were right, it had to do with that little white hook/lever thing attached to the ink pad where the print head rests.

So basically, if you guys haven't thrown away your printers yet and need a fix on it below are some steps. I don't have any pictures because my hands were too dirty and I don't have a nice camera. :)

Step One:
Remove all the screws for the top cover. There are 4 screws for it total. 3 under the lid and one under the lid with the external lcd goes.

Step Two:
If the printer head isn't out of the way yet, slide it to the middle or to the left of the printer.

Here it will be tricky to explain and do as I'll be describing it.

Step Three: (read step 4 before attemtping this step)
The ink pad has 4 pegs where it rests on rails (2 on an upper level and 2 on the lower level. The upper level, one side (closest to you) the guide is open so the peg. The upper inner peg is enclosed. The bottom 2 pegs are both enclosed as well BUT if you slide the entire ink pad assembly all the way to the right the lower peg closest to you will have an opening. You will need to pry it open a little to help get it out. So when the ink pad assembly is slide all the way to the right, life the ink pad assembly up off the rails. You DO NOT need to rip it out! There is a tube for excess ink waste and also a springer attached on the underside of it as well

Step Four:
This step is a continuation of Step Three. The lower bottom peg (left side closest to you) is longer than the others. That's because it's holding that little white lever. THAT WHITE LEVER IS THE EVIL THING causing all the ruckus. It's attached to a spring as well so you'll need to make sure you don't lose the spring when you take it off.

Step Five:
The problem with the white lever is at spring end of it. You'll see on the bottom there is a part that makes a 90 degree angle. That is causing the lever to get stuck and catch the printer head when it's starting up, printer, or what ever it is.

Step Six:
You will need to sand down the edge that is making a 90 degree so that it's rounder and has less surface area to get caught on. I wouldn't suggest filing it all off as I don't know the consequences of doing so. I would try 1/3 to 1/2.

That's it! Nothing else. Test it out a few times while your'e filing the lever down. I didn't care how much I filed, I just gauged it. But I'm glad I got it to work cause I bought a new CIS for it.

Hope this helps out the people who still has this printer and who has this problem. Good luck!

Bubba

Re: Re: Epson cd/dvd pint software by Anonymous (6/2/09 11:30 PM) reply + / -
i am having trouble trying print on to dvd's it just keeps wanting to use paper instead and telling to close to dvd tray then prints onto paper.

Please can someone help.
many thanks.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Hippyer (7/22/09 10:08 AM) reply + / -
I received the clear ink ctr message and have dabbed the 2 X's and it is now printing again. However, the yellow ink is now low when I had replaced it about an hour before I started receiving the general error.

When I do a nozzle check the yellow and light cyan segments are completely missing but as I said, there is some level of ink being displayed in the ink management section.

When I tested a green A6 paper print it came out blue. So I've solved one problem but created another.

Please advise.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Hippyer (7/22/09 10:23 AM) reply + / -
P.S. In follow up to my post above, the printer suggests to clean the printheads. I have done this without the problem being solved.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Bill Calvert (7/22/09 2:37 PM) reply + / -
I have the R310 service manual if anybody needs it send me your email

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by LeslieM (8/3/09 11:48 PM) reply + / -
Brilliant - it worked! Thanks a million!

At least I may get using up the ink cartridges I've just bought.

Leslie

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by bailtree (9/1/09 7:35 AM) reply + / -
I got my printer working by doing as 'Anonymous' said: doing a hard reset by pulling the power cord out before doing the waste ink reset... Thanks so much

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by Anonymous (9/13/09 11:15 AM) reply + / -
Danny was good in this info, yet inplace of blotting ink from waste trays, I used good ole fashion carb cleaner, since it is harmless to plastic, and evaporates quickly, after getting waste trays clean, as it took no time to see them go back to a reddish color verses black, lightly took towel and absorbed balance of what ever ink left, and rebooted per instructions..all good and working. I was getting ready to purchase new printer, yet really like this one, especially for c/d-dvd printing...thanks again danny, even though your post was back in 2006

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (9/24/09 9:31 AM) reply + / -
Hi i have an epson R300 printer and cannot get the cd printing side working for printing discs, i have no information whatsoever regarding this printer the only option is a users manual, i would be very grateful if you could help me regarding this matter. kind regards Maggie

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (9/24/09 9:40 AM) reply + / -
Go to the Epson site. Click on drivers and support. You can download the users manual there.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Munguu (9/30/09 4:00 AM) reply + / -
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=21987

100% work

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (10/14/09 5:57 AM) reply + / -
Bill,

Would appreciate a copy of the R310 Service Manual, if you still have it.
I was having a problem where my Printer would not do anything - the ink cartridges were full but I couldn't clear the error to bring the printer back to life. (The error message said that "parts inside the printer are at the end of their service life")

I managed to download an Epson "Adjustment Program", which got me reset and working again, but now I need to get into the workings of the printer to 'safely' remove and clean the ink collection sponge.

best regards,
John

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by websnail (10/14/09 3:00 PM) reply + / -
The R310 is exactly the same as the R300 so if you can source one of those you'll have everything you need.

To be honest (and more than slightly biased) I would recommend that you leave the pads alone and just redirect your waste flow into an external waste tank of some description.

It's a lot easier to do and it leaves the waste in the pads to just evaporate off slowly over time without adding any new waste ink to the pads.

This link should help with more info:
http://www.continuousink.info

If you still want the service manual then email me at info (at) octoink (dot) co . uk with reference to this thread and I'll let you have my copy.

Hope that helps.

Martin

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by Anonymous (10/26/09 2:24 AM) reply + / -
Thank you Mr Anonymous. I also had the same problem, and thought I would have to go out and buy another printer, and I'd already bought loads of ink for this one, but I cleaned out the tray, pressed the 3 buttons together, and it seems to be working fine now.

Thank you again.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by madmarts (11/21/09 3:56 AM) reply + / -
can anyone help
i am running windows7 and i cant get my r300 to print disc`s i have done reset of printer has explained on here but it just wants to print on paper..... any idea`s plz plz plz plz

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by cdsagm (11/29/09 6:31 AM) reply + / -
I am hoping that some of you kind people may be able to help me... I have an epson r310, that has been working absolutely fine for years, including the last 12mths with a CIS.... I recently ran very very low on ink and the CIS ran out for one of the colors. I refilled the CIS and tried and the Magenta is totally not working at all. Strangely enougb this is not the chamber than ran out, so really cant work it out. What I have tried to fix it is:

1. several printhead cleans and nozzle checks
2. Priming the cartidges by draweing out ink from the underside with a syringe
3. Downloading SSC untility to reset the waste toner counter
4. Removing printhead altogether from printer and soaking in windex for 20 mins, then re-installing it
5. soaking up all the ink in the waste pad under the carriage. (the one with 2 X's on it)

But still no luck... When I print the nozzle check all the other colours come up ok, some with a few nozzles missing, but the magenta has absolutely nothing, not even a few lines. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to fix this problems, I really dont want to throw out the printer as I love it for photo quality, and also I have just forked out for refill ink for my CIS so want to be able to keep that going.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I already have a copy of the service manual, and as I used to work as a photocopier technician then I should be able to perform anything technical.

Thanks in advance

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (12/11/09 7:16 AM) reply + / -
thanks for the advice,it worked a treat

epson bx300f by Anonymous (12/11/09 12:22 PM) reply + / -
Please can any one tell me what to do with my printer?it feeds paper without printing anything and the the printer shows that there is still ink in the cartridges.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by philly5706 (12/12/09 2:10 PM) reply + / -
try justmanuals.com

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by penedawn (12/14/09 2:55 PM) reply + / -
You can usually download them online but they don't say much. Put a word out on one the recycle sites like freecycle and I guess you have checked ebay? Sorry but the one I have is only a setting-up manual. Have you posted the actual problem on here if it is something specific? You probably know all this though so sorry if I am suggesting what you already know!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (12/14/09 3:15 PM) reply + / -
thank you for advice..... but looks like i`ll buying new printer

leave this one for the kids to use

thanks anyways

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/6/10 6:53 PM) reply + / -
Could you please email me a copy of the R310 service manual.
Thanks.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by philly5706 (1/8/10 5:53 PM) reply + / -
And email it to anonymous?

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/10/10 6:32 PM) reply + / -
Sorry. Please send it to email address nspiegl@hotmail.com

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (1/17/10 7:57 AM) reply + / -
ok i am kinda worried about that...i pressed the buttons...then it turned on showing something on the screen and the thingy where the cartriges are flew to the other side of the printer and then it made some big whining noise and it was still trying to go to trough the side of the printer.....what is supposed to be going on....is that normal.....

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by emzy (1/24/10 1:05 PM) reply + / -
thank you!!

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by WilliTR (2/16/10 8:50 AM) reply + / -
I have the service manual, do you still need it?
I have just developed the same problem EXACTLY, dont suppose you have the "exclusive servicing" program /engineers CD?

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by philly5706 (2/16/10 5:34 PM) reply + / -
I've got it.

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (2/16/10 10:21 PM) reply + / -
Can you email it to me at nspiegl@hotmail.com please?

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (2/18/10 7:28 PM) reply + / -
phillly5706, may I have a copy of the exclusive service program? Please email to chef_curtis@hotmail.com

Thank you

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by tdickey (3/4/10 6:29 AM) reply + / -
Can I PLEASE have a copy of the exclusive service program? Please email to tdickey3@verizon.net

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/4/10 10:57 PM) reply + / -
Sorry I do not have the service manual.

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by websnail (3/13/10 11:54 AM) reply + / -
If the printhead carriage is trying to smack about the inside of the printer it usually means that the flat cable leading into the sensor board on the back of the printhead has come loose.

If you can see a flat cable leading to the back there that's flapping about then that's your problem... It is possible to get it back in to the connector but it is a faff and requires a fair bit of patience and careful dexterity.

Had it happen a few times on my C84's so recognise the symptoms... Is mighty scary though when it starts slamming around like a blinded bear!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/23/10 2:33 PM) reply + / -
la solución es muy fácil.... tienen que bajar el cabezal, y limpiar el sensor que esta al lado izquierdo del carro,, el cual censa el papel,, lo limpian, y revisan los buses de datos del cabezal que no estén con residuos de tinta, ensamblan nuevamente y listo, la maquina se desbloquea...

jayersteven@ingenieros.com
Cali Colombia

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/24/10 7:05 AM) reply + / -
Thanks very much, I was just about to purchase another printer. This worked, pressing power, stop and maintenance all at the same time. Many thanks Anonymous xxx

Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/26/10 4:05 PM) reply + / -

Hi How are u ?

I'm having the same problem with my printer were you ever able to fix the issue? please your help is very appreciated

Regards

Vick

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by wesdolby (3/26/10 4:16 PM) reply + / -
where is the maintence button

I have the same problem but cannot find this button

Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by wesdolby (3/26/10 4:25 PM) reply + / -
Can you advise me where the maintence button is??
I need to try this out I have the same problem & dont want to purchase a replacement printer
Many thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by websnail (3/26/10 4:36 PM) reply + / -
Hi Wes,

This should help..

http://kb.epson-europe.com

Note: the maintenance button has two icons which look like a tear/ink drop and a sheet of paper.

Whatever you do, remember you should still fit an external waste ink kit to collect any additional waste ink or you'll likely flood and kill your printer.

Hope that lot helped.

Martin

Re: Re: Re: Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Anonymous (3/26/10 7:19 PM) reply + / -

I have the same issue, my Son reaped off the flat cable leading into the sensor board on the back of the printhead I managed to fix it but I'm having a hard time to pass it on the back of the printhead, is there anyway to remove the head and to pass the cable or any other way

Regards

Vick

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 General Error by anonymously (7/15/10 6:12 PM) reply + / -
At long last I got mine fixed. I took bits from everyone like cleaning the ink pads but no matter how many times I did the vulcan grip I still kept getting the general error.
I noticed that a few people kept mentioning the grinding noises that they were getting but that was something that I never ever got. Then I noticed that someone said that they pushed the carriage all the way over to the left. I did that and then pressed the three buttons and lo and behold I get the grating noise. I switched off and on again but still the general error message. I noticed that a few people said that they had to do it twice so I did the same thing again, pushed the carriage across to the left and then the three buttons but this time only a short grating sound. Switched off and then back on again and this time it went through the whole ink priming stage and all was good again. Many thanks to all that have put up their little bits. It seems that you may have to use a combination of some or all of the methods before you eventually get everything working again.

EPSON STYLUS R310 General Maintenance Error by Texinoz (10/30/10 7:22 AM) reply + / -
God Bless this site and people. I just cleared the General Maintenance Error - with a hugely important paper due tomorrow and I live 360 miles from a support shop! I love you guys!!!!!!
Thankyou so very much.

EPSON STYLUS R310 General Maintenance Error by Texinoz (10/30/10 7:25 AM) reply + / -
God Bless this site and people. I just cleared the General Maintenance Error - with a hugely important paper due tomorrow and I live 360 miles from a support shop! I love you guys!!!!!!
Thankyou so very much.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by soryna (11/30/10 9:35 AM) reply + / -
Am si eu o eroare generala pe imprimanta mea epson stylus photo r300 si am incercat sa apas pe stop si alealalte si nu merge...ma poate ajuta cineva? plissss

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by soryna (11/30/10 9:41 AM) reply + / -
Am si eu o eroare generala pe imprimanta mea epson stylus photo r300 si am incercat sa apas pe stop si alealalte si nu merge...ma poate ajuta cineva? plissss

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Perry/Chicago (12/1/10 8:16 AM) reply + / -
Thanks to all that contributed as I took bits and pieces and got my R300 to reset.
While mine was trying to start up, it would crash to a halt at the very same place, even though the carriage was freely moving during all of the attempts to restart.
I first cleaned what was left of the poor ink pad (I'd like to know where I can get a replacement?) and did the three button start and no luck. Then much to my dismay, went in for the power cable, three button start. This is not good as it requires pulling wall panels to get to the power cable buried in cable channels in the wall. Somehow managed to keep three fingers on the button and insert the power cable back into the AC. Still no love, but I might have substituted the OK Button for the Maintenance button in that sequence, and again, came to a lurching stop at the same place. This time, I noticed where it is stopping is a pretty good ink mark on the roller right where it stops. I generally clean the rollers all the time due to them leaving track marks on the printing if you don't, but hadn't done it in a while. Took out a cotton swab and the trusty bottle of alcohol and cleaned all the rollers GOOD.
Then I did a regular start and VOILA ! It reset and I printed a test sheet no problem. So my bet is that there is an optical scanner picking up on the ink spots on the roller.
The lesson here, is fiddle with all of the tips you find on this page until you find the right combo, that gets the job done.
As Yoda would say: Don't Whine ! Do !
I love my R300 as I do a ton of CD/DVD printing. I am actually on my second and had to find that used, as the R300 was already discontinued.
So be nice to your machine if you love it, as finding a replacement, may not be easy.

Perry/Chicago

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Nittany92 (12/2/10 11:20 PM) reply + / -
What can I do if the printer won't turn on at all? I tried the 3-button reset and nothing happens.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Wes (edited 5/25/11 9:15 AM) reply + / -
If you tried the usual things like checking the AC cord or trying a different outlet then it is a fuse or a bad power supply or power switch.

The reset will only reset the protection counter. It will not fix a fatal error or a bad component.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by saifullah (5/25/11 1:31 AM) reply + / -
hi
i am saif ullah i have a problem in my epson printer t60
the proble win i on the printer page light and coloure is regular blanking and print option shwo me the service requaired
please help me and give sugitation

thanks & regaurd
saif ullah pakistan

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by papasmurf (1/31/12 2:57 AM) reply + / -
hi im trying to print cds and dvds on my r300 but it keeps saying close the tray and then it prints them on plain paper how do i get them on disc instaed

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by dbx166 (1/31/12 7:26 AM) reply + / -
"hi im trying to print cds and dvds on my r300 but it keeps saying close the tray and then it prints them on plain paper how do i get them on disc instead"

Be sure you have chosen CD/DVD in the Print settings under Media Type in the print dialogue box when you print. That should do it.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by dbx166 (1/31/12 7:31 AM) reply + / -
"hi im trying to print cds and dvds on my r300 but it keeps saying close the tray and then it prints them on plain paper how do i get them on disc instead"

Be sure you have chosen CD/DVD in the Print settings under Media Type in the print dialogue box when you print. That should do it.

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by nastia (5/10/12 1:05 PM) reply + / -
Hey guys! I have a general error problem with r300 and nothing helps! I sanded the lever, turned it off hundred times, took the waste tube out... ANything else I can do???
Also if you have a manual please send it to me at yurkaidesign@gmail.com
thanks!

Re: EPSON PHOTO STYLUS R300 Service Manual? by Sicknote1961 (12/12/12 6:37 PM) reply + / -
Hi
could someone email me this service manual please
sicknote1961@gmail.com

many thanks

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters