fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Lexmark X63 error "Device is busy. Try again later

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Lexmark X63 error "Device is busy. Try again later by Jeffrey Hope (5/22/04 5:06 PM) reply + / -
Every once in a while (for example today) we get a "Device is busy. Try again later." error message. Occasionally we use our other printer but I'm not sure where it is right now. I check the queue and nothing is in it. It is plugged to the correct port and there is no sign of an error message on the LCD screen. HELP ME HERE!!!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Sue (6/2/04 8:48 PM) reply + / -
I get the same message....very frustrating!!! HELP!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by larry (7/18/04 8:37 AM) reply + / -
I uninstall and reinstalled the software and the printer works for a while. Help me too.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by copper7op (7/21/04 5:06 AM) reply + / -
Trust me, Lexmark is just as baffled as you are. They have no clue what causes it, but a FULL uninstall including regestry entries seems to fix it.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by love_lexmark (7/21/04 10:14 AM) reply + / -
try to clear memory of the printer by pressing the stop button ..unplug and replug the power cable...remove your finger from stop button when it shows memory clearing in the display..

check the date on the printer .it must match with the date on the computer...

Try these steps if it still shows device busy please mail back...

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anne Hayes (7/31/04 2:31 PM) reply + / -
If you have to re-install the Lexmark, it is best to first remove ALL Lexmark files and it is important to UNPLUG the USB cable until the installation disk tells you to plug it in so the driver can be installed. Hope this is helpful to somebody out there.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Bobby (8/2/04 1:26 AM) reply + / -
Yah I re-formated my entire drive, reinstalled the new update driver for this crappy printer and it still says "printer is busy". I think Lexmark should reinburse our money and pay us all for pain and suffering from owning such a defected device. This printer blows! I did what you all said on this board and it still says it's busy. I hate this #%!##$ printer!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Jeffrey Hope (8/2/04 10:40 AM) reply + / -
Why don't we all call Lexmark and recall this printer?

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Ona (8/4/04 10:45 PM) reply + / -
I wrote lexmark and one of the suggestions for dell users was to plug the USB cable in the front instead of the back of the computer. I tried it and it worked.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Adrienne (8/11/04 4:34 PM) reply + / -
I think this printer does not work because it has not been digitally signed. But yet they charge an arm and a leg for the cartridges. The amount of money spent on the color cartridge alone is worth more than the printer!

Excuse my french but...THE LEXMARK X63 PRINTER SUCKS!

BUYERS BEWARE...

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Marc Lafleur (8/19/04 7:59 AM) reply + / -
this is a message that I recently sent to Lexmark!! I hope they get the message!! (no pun intended)

I am writing in regards to a Lexmark X63 printer I bought last september or october. Every now and then with my old desktop I would get the error message "device is busy-try again later". I was always forced to uninstall and re-install the printer--it got very annoying to say the least!! I then bought a dell laptop in april and ever since then, I am unable to print any document whatsoever as I keep getting the same error as before--only this time it is constant!! Well I called your company for help in early July and after close to 2hrs with a technical consultant--we were unable to get it working. The tech guy told me that my 3-month expiry date had ended for returns (or was it 30 days? i can't remember) and that I was unable to send it back. Disappointed would be an understatement as to how I felt! I recently tried to get it working and again, I got the same error message. For the sake of it, I did a search on the internet to see if I could get any help in a message board and to my surprise, I wasn't the only customer withTHE EXACT same problem. Many of us are ticked off to say the least that we bought garbage from Lexmark but it is a whole different story when the company doesn't feel the need to bend some of their sales rules to satisfy their clientel!! I understand that you can come back by saying that the warranty has expired and that you "CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT" but I say that you are false!!! Even though the warranty has expired, you could give Lexmark X63 customers the opportunity to send back the printer since THIS PROBLEM IS A REACURRING ONE with this specific brand of printer. I barely used this printer at all---it's not as if I bought this thing 3 or 4 years ago for crying out loud!!!!! Please look into discussion boards and see what people think of the X63 printer and about Lexmark in general since you do not feel obligated to help us out!!!! Customer disatisfaction is at a high with your company because of the lack of bend on your part and this will result in a lack of sales in the very competitive world of printer sales!!! YOU DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO HELP US?? FINE!!! JUST KNOW THAT WE DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO BUY ANOTHER GARBAGE PRINTER FROM LEXMARK EITHER!!!
HELLO HP OR EPSON!!!

Marc Lafleur

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Big J (8/24/04 3:59 PM) reply + / -
I have this printer too and it sucks. When I moved my computer, I unplugged the printer (while the computer was off). When I hooked the printer back up (to the same usb port) it doesn't work and I get the "device is busy" error.

The sad thing is that now the installation software does not even work and it locks up every time I try to run it, even after a successfull uninstall!

DIE LEXMARK DIE!!!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by judy (8/30/04 6:00 PM) reply + / -
Same here

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (2/7/05 10:32 AM) reply + / -
About a month ago i was on the brink of buying a new printer, but i got a idea to upgrade to sp2 and all hot fixes. Would you know that was the start of a new found relationship with Lexmark. If using winxp upgrade to sp2 and all hotfixes. clean uninstall then reboot pc. Install and problem will be fix.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by kitloft (2/27/05 11:37 AM) reply + / -
I can fix this problem with the error message by back stepping my pc and it will work just find until I download some more updates from MS. Also, check your ink cartridges. If just one cartridge is low, you will be getting the same error messages. Remember you have to make sure both cartridges are replace or refilled at the same time or it will not respond to one ink cartridge that is not that low. Life is a B , but what else is new. As far as Lexmark Company doing the right thing, what have you ever seen or heard a company caring about their customers if it is going to cost them money. But in the long run we will win, because Lexmak doesn't think about their stock will go down for this problem and other problems that they don't care to make it right.....

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Steven Fletcher (2/27/05 4:38 PM) reply + / -
I made the error of buying two Lexmark printers at the same time. My home office one crapped out at 18 months. Repair was more than replacement, I'm pleased to say I took the repair shop advice and DID NOT replace my home office with another Lexmark unit. The replacement HP has worked without fault.

Unfortunately my home X63 is a nightmare. I echo all the software problems. It has to go adding to the $300 of Lexmark equipment junked from one shopping trip. The help desk helps, but only 'till I put the phone down and then it does not work again. I'm told I can buy a replacement CD to get better results loading the software !!!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Greg Martin (2/28/05 4:00 PM) reply + / -
I bought a dell lap top and now my x63 doesnt work at all. Even when feeding faxes it eats multiple pages at a time. Is there a class action lawsuit anywhere regarding this useless piece of crap? I would certainly like to add my name to the list.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Rick Davis (3/9/05 12:48 PM) reply + / -
If you just bought a Lexmark X63....I'm soooo sorry! These things will take years off your life by causing your blood pressure to shoot off the scale. Lexmark SUCKS!

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (3/9/05 6:33 PM) reply + / -
How do you upgrade to SP2, and can you tell me exatly what I need to do to fix this problem? We bought a new Dell about 6 months ago, and we continue to have this problem.

Thanks!

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (3/10/05 3:23 PM) reply + / -
No, I have been stuck with these Lexmarks for about 5 or 6 years, but only the Lexmark all-in-one X63 gives me problems with it. The other Lexmark Z32 works find. Remember if you don't make changes it will work just fine!!!!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (4/2/05 3:48 AM) reply + / -
ANY ONE HAVING PROB WITH LEX PLS DO MAKE A CALL TO THE TECH SUPPORT. YOU WILL DEFENITELY FIND A SOLUTION.

REGARDS

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (4/7/05 3:27 PM) reply + / -
Yeah, me too!!!! I saw all the replies to this one, and I definitely agree with Jeffrey Hope--We should all (well, the people who had problems) call lexmark and get either a recall or free new printers if it's just ours that are screwing up!!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Marco Polo (4/15/05 7:05 AM) reply + / -
The problem appears to be two-fold. Problem #1 appears to be lost process that get hung in the OS. My best guess so far is the scan and copy program, which I never use and unfortunately can not be removed individually (probably a 3rd party thing or something left over from IBM). Can anyone out there confirm this? Problem #2 is a lack of interest / awareness / sensitivity by Lexmark. I have downloaded the latest drivers without help. I have sent a bucket of emails to Lexmark and its like dropping pebbles down an infinitely deep well. As a guy who specifies hundreds of pieces of HW and SW each year, this does not bode well for Lexmark and me.
Proposed solution: Instead of just complaining, is there anyone out there in netherspace who has OS debug utilities and the knowledge to use them to find and fix this problem?

God bless, Marco

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (5/4/05 8:20 PM) reply + / -
I figured it out guys...Its the usb wire...Theres a big in it or something because the minute i started using a new wire it worked like a dream

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (5/8/05 9:11 PM) reply + / -
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!! POS

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Found this (5/21/05 8:29 AM) reply + / -
Check out this tread.

http://groups-beta.google.com

Well, I can't beleive I solved this for myself. I tried
everything...even re-installing windows and replacing all the cables.
The problem was inside the printer itself. If you open the cover and
look behind the ink carriage, you'll see a rubber band that drives the
carriages, and a very thin, clear plastic line that threads into a
housing behind the ink carriage. There is a tiny infared sensor that
knows if that piece of tape is inserted properly. Once I inserted
that tape back in place, the printer worked fine. Just to make sure,
I took it back out, and I got the same problem again. I put it back
in place...and it works like a charm.

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Greg777 (6/12/05 8:32 PM) reply + / -
I found the piece of plastic you were talking about and it seems to be threaded through something in back of the cartridge. How in the world did you access this and how did you know it was back in place? Mine seems to be in place but there is quite a tolerance though it is taut. What other acces info might you have?

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Lucho (7/4/05 11:13 AM) reply + / -
Hello! I had the same problem but this time with a Lexmark Optra S1625 laser printer. The message says "Memory Full". Can anyone help me?

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Greg777 (7/10/05 2:34 PM) reply+1 + / -
"An active process is currently using the port. Please close the printer control program, or wait until the process or application is finished." This message appears every time I try to use my scanner. As well, I can't access the program to allow incoming faxes. The fax setup utility says: "Port is being used by another program." I don't know about ports, and I can't get an answer as to what SHPC32.exe is. Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (7/15/05 5:09 PM) reply+1 + / -
Personally, I think that Lexmark should make good with a hot fix or something for its customers to be able to use their printers. Lexmark, who do you think keeps you in business -- duh, your customers. If we're not happy, we will not buy your printers. Thus, your purpose or whatever you call it for making us have to have both cartridges full to use your printer is not making us happy. I really think that's cheating your customers. Believe me when I say your customers keep you in business. It's best to make us happy because right now, I'm tired of working on this X63 and never being able to print when I want to. DO YOU GET THE MESSAGE LEXMARK???

Re: Lexmark X63 error by patticake1601 (7/22/05 10:23 AM) reply + / -
Does someone have a copy of the Installation disc that comes with the printer? I cannot find mine now and I keep having problems with the printer as you all have experienced.

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (7/23/05 10:50 AM) reply-1 + / -
THANK YOU!!
After literally MONTHS of frustration with this sporadic X63 error message, and having to rely on my little Canon BJC-85 for urgent printing requirements, this apparently has not only eliminated the "Device is busy ..." problem but also has stopped the incorrect and incessant "Black ink is low" audio message and the console message indicating that the right ink cartridge had not been replaced even after two new cartridges had been installed. After following your suggestion, then restarting my laptop, everything seems to be back to normal. However, I am going to hold my breath for several more tries before gaining back much lost confidence in this printer. If this fix doesn't hold, I think my next step will be to 'chunk' it!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by troytrek (7/23/05 9:41 PM) reply + / -
Having same problems as described in all these posts. Dell computer, WinXP, etc. Never had this problem with H-P printer. Will NEVER buy another Lexmark and will do everything I can to prevent my friends and family from investing in this junky printer.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by patticake1601 (7/23/05 10:25 PM) reply + / -
well I have uninstalled the software TWICE and I keep getting all the same error messages.....this printer truly is a piece of rubbish and it's no wonder that Lexmark discontinued it's manufacture.......I want my money back....I won't hold my breath waiting either but I can assure you it will the very last time I ever buy anything from Lexmark and I will tell everyone and anyone I know to never buy a Lexmark ever. Bitter? you bet. Pissed off? ABSOLUTELY

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Greg777 (edited 7/26/05 1:04 PM) reply + / -
As of 7/23 I still see that people are posting re: this printer-X63. Then it occured to me; it has been a while since #1) This printer came out and #2) It became notorious for having these problems. It's time for a new piece of hardware. So let's all start posting about what we replaced the X63 with! By the way, F*** Lexmark for out-sourcing the job of customer support to an "English as a second language" (or third or fourth) country! It's time for a shopping spree! Bye Lexmark!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (8/9/05 11:11 AM) reply + / -
Setting the date again solved it for me( for now im sure will be busy again shortly) There is a class action aginst Lexmark about htis printer and others. you can find it here. http://www.sheller.com/Practice.asp?PracticeID=115

Re: Lexmark X63 error by tomwalshco (8/9/05 2:29 PM) reply + / -
Man, this has been going on for a while....

I have 2 X63s, both over 2+ years and I actually like mine. They have been work-horses and the color quality has been surprisingly good.

But they can be very tempermental when you start unplugging the USB cable. I did for a year when I went on the road, had to take my laptop and it drove me crazy getting it going when I got home.

I think the printer is actually quite good for the $$, but the software is what sux!!!

The trick is to make sure everything is powered down before unplugging anything. If you get into that "device busy" nightmare, then you have to uninstall, then reinstall the software. Both (uninstall program & driver) are still up on Lexmark's support site.

But I haven't found the magic key combination that clears the memory.... That seems to me the ticket. Still trying.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Greg777 (8/9/05 9:04 PM) reply + / -
You have to wonder if Lexmark employees are posting to this site.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Carley (8/10/05 10:31 AM) reply + / -
Below is a copy of my previous post on 7/23/2005.
What I tried to do was to clear the memory of the X63 as was posted, above, on 7/21/2004. However, this worked only for a few days, then the problem re-occurred. So - I finally fixed this problem for sure: I BOUGHT AN HP OFFICEJET 5510! I am 'chunking' the X63!

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (7/23/05 10:50 AM) reply + / -
THANK YOU!!
After literally MONTHS of frustration with this sporadic X63 error message, and having to rely on my little Canon BJC-85 for urgent printing requirements, this apparently has not only eliminated the "Device is busy ..." problem but also has stopped the incorrect and incessant "Black ink is low" audio message and the console message indicating that the right ink cartridge had not been replaced even after two new cartridges had been installed. After following your suggestion, then restarting my laptop, everything seems to be back to normal. However, I am going to hold my breath for several more tries before gaining back much lost confidence in this printer. If this fix doesn't hold, I think my next step will be to 'chunk' it!

Re: Lexmark X73 error by msperry (8/13/05 9:04 AM) reply + / -
I have miss placed the Installation disk for my printer. Does anyone have a copy they can lend me? I greatly appreciate it.
Michael

Re: Lexmark X63 error by tomwalshco (8/13/05 9:09 AM) reply + / -
http://downloads.lexmark.com

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (8/19/05 9:28 AM) reply + / -
LEXMARK X63
Device is busy. Try again later.
SOLUTION
IN 3 STEPS

http://www.freewebs.com/lexmarkx63/

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Greg777 (8/21/05 12:11 AM) reply-1 + / -
What are you, Fu**ing morons? That did not work. Nothing works. I should be paid for all the time I've taken to try to fix this POS! Good luck, Lexmark- you're gonna ned it!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by becks (8/25/05 7:46 AM) reply + / -
I finally got my piece of junk, Lexmark X63 to print… it took several combinations of some of the fixes I found on this site, and many hours working through them, but in combination they work and that’s all that matters now! I hope others can get some relief by following the many steps below… go figure!

1. Delete all Lexmark X63 program files, drivers, and printer
2. Reinstall X63 (do not connect USB until prompted to connect). You will receive messages indicating that new hardware was detected and installed and to shut down and restart, wait to shut down… this is done in step 4
3. Download and unzip z52 driver @ downloads.lexmark.com
4. Shut down computer (do not restart yet)
5. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer
6. Hold down the Stop/Clear button
7. While keeping the button pressed down, reconnect the power cable, the message “Memory clearing – Please Wait” will appear on the LCD display – this may take more than a few seconds, once cleared, “The Ready” message appears.
8. Power Up and Restart computer
9. Go to Control Panel and select Printers and Faxes
10. Right mouse click on X63 printer, select properties, and click on the advanced tab. Click on the button labeled new drivers, you should see both drivers, the X63 and the z52, select z52. Do not close yet. On the same tab, advanced click on print processor, under the default data type, select NT EMF 1.003, click OK and apply and close
11. Return to control panel, printers and faxes, your X63 printer has been renamed to z52
12. Print test page!
13. Save instructions

Re: Lexmark X63 error by WutheringHeights33 (9/1/05 12:05 PM) reply + / -
There seems to be a custom driver for the XP operating system. This printer if I am not mistaken was not compatible with this operating system.

I have the extremely frustrating busy error and I only have one cartridge (I am a poor 33 year old unemployed student lol). I have used only one cartridge before (the black and just set it to print black only and draft quality to save ink) so I don't know why now it is not working now. Perfect timing.

I desperately need my printer to work for school and printing out resumes, fax cover sheets, etc. so I can feel the pain and frustration of everyone else here.

I am going to install this custom driver after making a couple calls because I am dial up. I have already done uninstall printer and reinstall printer but that did not work.

If this works for anybody else or if you want to email me, please feel free to do so. Also, if you know anybody hiring in the Raleigh, NC, please also feel free to let me know about that as well. :)

Rebecca

Re: Lexmark X63 error by WutheringHeights33 (9/1/05 12:09 PM) reply + / -
There seems to be a custom driver for the XP operating system. This printer if I am not mistaken was not compatible with this operating system.

http://downloads.lexmark.com

I have the extremely frustrating busy error and I only have one cartridge (I am a poor 33 year old unemployed student lol). I have used only one cartridge before (the black and just set it to print black only and draft quality to save ink) so I don't know why now it is not working now. Perfect timing.

I desperately need my printer to work for school and printing out resumes, fax cover sheets, etc. so I can feel the pain and frustration of everyone else here.

I am going to install this custom driver after making a couple calls because I am dial up. I have already done uninstall printer and reinstall printer but that did not work.

If this works for anybody else or if you want to email me, please feel free to do so. Also, if you know anybody hiring in the Raleigh, NC, please also feel free to let me know about that as well. :)

Rebecca

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (9/3/05 8:00 AM) reply + / -
i dont know how to help you can you fix it

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (9/3/05 8:03 AM) reply + / -
i dont know how to help you can you fix it

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by becks (9/3/05 8:06 AM) reply + / -
Try this... I have had no problem since I did this...

I finally got my piece of junk, Lexmark X63 to print… it took several combinations of some of the fixes I found on this site, and many hours working through them, but in combination they work and that’s all that matters now! I hope others can get some relief by following the many steps below… go figure!

1. Delete all Lexmark X63 program files, drivers, and printer
2. Reinstall X63 (do not connect USB until prompted to connect). You will receive messages indicating that new hardware was detected and installed and to shut down and restart, wait to shut down… this is done in step 4
3. Download and unzip z52 driver @ downloads.lexmark.com
4. Shut down computer (do not restart yet)
5. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer
6. Hold down the Stop/Clear button
7. While keeping the button pressed down, reconnect the power cable, the message “Memory clearing – Please Wait” will appear on the LCD display – this may take more than a few seconds, once cleared, “The Ready” message appears.
8. Power Up and Restart computer
9. Go to Control Panel and select Printers and Faxes
10. Right mouse click on X63 printer, select properties, and click on the advanced tab. Click on the button labeled new drivers, you should see both drivers, the X63 and the z52, select z52. Do not close yet. On the same tab, advanced click on print processor, under the default data type, select NT EMF 1.003, click OK and apply and close
11. Return to control panel, printers and faxes, your X63 printer has been renamed to z52
12. Print test page!
13. Save instructions

Re: Lexmark X63 error by johny30238 (10/13/05 6:59 AM) reply + / -
Thanks im in computer repair and i could not even figure this out i spent all day tryin everything and this worked where in the world did you get the idea to do that?

Re: Lexmark X63 error by ma (10/13/05 5:48 PM) reply + / -
I get error message change black ink but after I chang black ink,error message is still here.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by swap (10/20/05 11:26 AM) reply + / -
But when I install Z52 driver
It shows Unsetup cause a general protection fault
in module LXACDEL.EXE at 0002.5176
choose close unsetup will close
any one can help me to solve this problem
thank you

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (10/20/05 5:21 PM) reply + / -
hiya thanx 4 the advice i unplugged the power cable then plugged it back in and it workrd perfectly x

Re: Lexmark X63 error by JMS (10/22/05 11:38 AM) reply + / -
Becks,

I followed your instructions and everything now seems to be
working (finally)! The color seems a little off, but this might just be since my printer has been sitting idle for so long. But the important thing is I can finally print again.

Thank you!

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (10/22/05 1:27 PM) reply + / -
it kk lol

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (11/10/05 8:33 PM) reply + / -
Click on start
Click on all programs
Accessories
Program compatibility wizard.

The best thing when installing the sofware!!!
Click
Ignore or “install anyway” when it asks about “singing” verifications.

My X63 software works with XP
Good luck
Ed

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (12/12/05 10:03 PM) reply + / -
i think we have all come to the conclusion that this printer sucks. After building a new system i was no longer able to get this crappy computer to work. I have come to the conclusion that the only solution is to count your losses, junk this printer and go buy a printer that will atually work. Lexmark you suck and have lost my buisness!!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (7/12/06 10:18 AM) reply + / -
I can't get my printer to work. It hasn't been hooked up
for awhile. Can you help?

rubyfh@comcast.net

Re: Lexmark X63 cartridge error by Anonymous (7/18/06 10:18 AM) reply + / -
I kept getting a message when I changed my printer ribbons to "check cartridges". When I put the old ones back in it then gave a message
"Replace ALL Ink Cartridges".

I went through the clear memory process. Unplug unit. When it powers up, hold down stop button until it shows "memory clear".

I put the new cartridges back in. Works like new.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Big Al (7/24/06 2:07 AM) reply + / -
I also have that device busy problem,plus install cartridge, but the best one is that I could print a test page, but when I try to print a regular page the only things that prints-out are the headings and bold face types. The text and graphics do not. Have installled and uninstalled this thing many times and still having problems.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by copper7op (7/24/06 11:48 PM) reply + / -
i cant belive this thread is still active. To this day, lexmark has no solution for th "device is busy" errors. Anything that you may have got to work is usually short lived.

re big al - if it says Ad Cartridge, it means that the printer is no longer able to detect one of the cartridges in there. This could partially explain your print problems.

Please realize how old this machine is, and see it for what it was designed for. This was Lexmarks FIRST All in One fax machine with standalone functionality. It was also released in 2000, and discontinued in 2002. This was NOT made to be a performance machine as it sold for about 149.99 at best buy. Ever notice how a REAL fax machine sells for about 399.99? theres a reason for it.

Yes, these were very troubled machines, called by Lexmark executives as the "terrible 3's" ( in referance to the X63's device is busy, X73's lack of standalone functionality, and X83's ability to melt the scanner motor)

Even the most new of the X63's is 4 years old now, and I understand how frustrated people are ... so I dont mean to sound mean when I say, it may be time for a new printer

Re: Lexmark X63 error by ari407 (7/26/06 9:53 PM) reply + / -
Man I thought it was just me, I have tried everything this printer is GARBAGE!!!!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (8/2/06 6:21 PM) reply + / -
ANDERSON 879 IS IN NEED OF A CD FOR LEXMARK X63

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (8/13/06 2:54 PM) reply + / -
could you please send list of compatible drivers for lexmark printer x63

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (9/1/06 9:59 AM) reply + / -
THANKS FOR CURE. FOUND YOUR ANSWER JUST AFTER I EMAILED LEXMARK WORKED FINE.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by ednie (12/19/06 8:42 AM) reply + / -
I have an X73 and this worked:

Unplug the power and USB cables from the back of the printer.
Open the front cover of the printer and remove both cartridges.
Lock and unlock the scanner using the red button at the back of the printer.
Restart your PC.
Reconnect the power and USB cables.
Try to scan again.

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (12/30/06 9:54 AM) reply + / -
I wanted to say thank you!! thank you!!! thank you!!!
It worked perfectly !! I recommend anyone who has trouble with thier X63 to try this solution! Thanks again!!

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (4/4/07 10:59 AM) reply + / -
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY I CAN USE THIS THING THANKS AGAIN

Re: Lexmark X63 error by leishirsute (6/20/07 8:01 AM) reply + / -
I'm using Windows XP with userids.
I got this error, logged off and logged back on and the error cleared.

This is the only way I know of how to clear this error without having to reinstall the software.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by leishirsute (6/20/07 10:41 AM) reply + / -
I did some digging and found that when I get the "Device is Busy" message on my Lexmark X63 in Windows XP, I can End Process via Task Manager for process called lxamSW32.EXE .

When I try to use the printer again, the lxamSW32.EXE is restarted and seems to have reset the error condition - at least, in my case.

Hope this helps

Re: Lexmark X63 error by SJSCS (6/22/07 7:31 AM) reply + / -
I am not even computer literate, forgive me but I can't spell. I found a real quick fix so here it is.
1. When you get the printer busy error msg, usually on the desk top, close the box first thing.
2. Tag start button, then control panel or where ever your printers and faxes icon is and tag on it.
right click on lexmark x63 icon and tag open.
3. When your printer box opens, tag the printer drop down menu and tag cancel all documents. Note: It will not show that you have any documents in queue but tag it anyway, very important to do this step.
4. Then only if you have a plug and play disconnect your printer cable from the back of the CPU and wait a second and plug it back in.
This is only a quick fix and must be done every time you shut your computer down and turn it back on.
Also never pick to print more than 1 copy of a document at a time. Hope this helps someone, Sam

Re: Lexmark X63 error solutions by greenlightbandit (7/26/07 10:46 AM) reply + / -
I found this page while trying to get my Lexmark x63 to print.

The clock was set pre y2k!! I pressed a couple of buttons to try
to set the clock, and it started printing! Problem solved!

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (7/26/07 11:55 AM) reply + / -
The z52 driver worked.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by djehutihotep (8/22/07 4:34 AM) reply + / -
Actually I have an X3480 but the symptoms seem the same.

I unplugged the USB connection and immediately plugged it in again. That worked - the job I was trying to print immediately started printing.

[Seems to me there may be some issue with USB. When installing I think I had some problem with the printer not being found by plug and play. Also - maybe on this computer - I have had problems with the computer not booting with a flash card connected to USB.
This is a great site. Seeing everyone else's frustration really cheered me up!]

Re: Lexmark X63 error by deeeeee (9/21/07 6:35 AM) reply + / -
Hello,
I have the same problem "Device is busy". I'm wondering if it matters that I don't have color cartridges. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (10/8/07 5:43 AM) reply + / -
Okay, I've since learned that killing the lxamSW32.EXE process doesn't always work. I also had to kill LXAMSP32.EXE. That worked like a charm. LXAMSP32.EXE shows up as a process under the User Name that created the print problem.

Re: Lexmark X63 in general by David Hammond (10/20/07 7:17 PM) reply + / -
Everyone:

The only solution is to get the word out about two things:

Re: Lexmark X63 error(s)-Many! by David Hammond (10/20/07 7:36 PM) reply + / -
The only solution to this and many other models of Lexmark products is to learn our lessons the first time, and that is to vote with your pocketbook! Lexmark is the cast-off child of the M.B.A. types from Stanford and Harvard business schools, who all skipped taking their ethics classes. Unfortunately, engineering, including software coding, manufacturing, technical writing, and technical support has been sent offshore. The schmucks that remain at Lexmark are busy with a round of golf, while the rest of us agonize over the crummy products they manage to schlock off the boats in the Port of Oakland, Seattle, and San Pedro. America has proven that for those of us who graduated from college, and heard the saying that "those who can; do (choose careers productive to society like medicine, science, or engineering), and those who can't, get business degrees (and end up as useless managers and executives at companies like Lexmark)." Take a good look at your self, and consider if you are contributing to the problem, or if you are going to help solve it! Fortunately, these are plenty of other quality printers like Hewlett-Packard, Panasonic, etc. It's time to dump ink jet printers anyway, and go to the lower cost of laser.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by wank stain (10/29/07 4:03 PM) reply-1 + / -
Lexmark ==== SHIT

Re: Lexmark Z32 installation cd by gdswin (11/6/07 10:44 AM) reply + / -
I have a Lexmark Z32 and cannot locate my installation cd. I don't have the original computer. I am trying to use this printer for my mom (77 years old) who has an HP with windows 98. She is on a limited income and doesn't really want an upgrade. She just wants to putter on it and make cards for her family. Lexmark is absolutely nooooo help. Any ideas????? thanx

Re: Re: Lexmark Z32 installation cd by Anonymous (11/21/07 1:32 PM) reply + / -
i would actually look for the software on the internet all yoou have to do is type in the printer name on google and look for the article then download

Re: Lexmark DOH by Matthew S (1/2/08 10:53 AM) reply + / -
I gave up on mine, but to my suprize the scanner still works. Just the scanner. Not printing or copying, lol. Parents got a laser. I used to use it, wish I still lived there, haha.

Re: Re: Lexmark DOH by Anonymous (1/2/08 10:55 AM) reply + / -
I just noticed, Origional POST = 2004
................The newest POST = 2008

Lexmark needs to get the hint!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by AnnaLee56 (1/21/08 11:35 AM) reply + / -
We bought two of these sorry machines when they first came out and have had nothing but problems with both. I have installed, removed and reinstalled the software so many times I can't even count...it's VERY frustrating. This time, we took out the cartridges to print something on mine - it wouldn't work. Whenn when we put them back in the other, IT wouldn't work. I don't think they should charge for a replacement CD for us having all the problems - I believe they "owe" us some sort of satisfaction...but we all know that isn't going to happen. My next piece of satisfaction will be when I can take it out and throw it off the ledge by our house and into the common ground...and make the Tarzan sound. I've tried all the suggestions mentioned and neither of them will work. Grrrrrrr Anna

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by James Gonzales (1/22/08 11:41 PM) reply + / -
I tried everything that everyone suggested and nothing worked. Until I did exactly what you said, now everything is fine and it is even printing faster than it ever has! I still will never buy another Lexmark, but thanks to you I don't have to come up with the money right now. This has cost me days worth of work and inquiry, so once again thank you for your time. Sincerely, James Gonzales

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (1/23/08 1:01 PM) reply + / -
I finally removed the software from my computer, yet again, let everything set for a couple of hours then reinstalled...now, it's all good. I've also noticed that each time we remove and reinstall the software, it goes about it a different way - sometimes it will also just not install the drivers but then again, sometimes it will. As you James, I will NOT by another product by Lexmark. Anna

Re: Lexmark X63 error by David Hammond (1/24/08 9:42 PM) reply + / -
As a general rule, software people are like Republicans and religious zealots: they have no morals, and thus believe that they have the right to $100,000.00 plus a year salaries for writing broken code.

Let me tell you, they should be brought to their knees by hardware engineers and other folks who are sick and tired of the crap programs they are writing for companies like Lexmark.

Think we are finished? Just wait until the Chinese get through fu*king us over with the crap they have been dumping on this country!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by cymonesays (2/13/08 4:16 PM) reply + / -
You're gonna laugh at this one. It looks long, but I'm telling you, it's funny as hel! So I'm at work right? -- and I see that the IT folks leave this beautiful X63 on the hallway floor just outside their door. I casually take a peek and size it up. At the end of the day I pass by the machine again and I still see that it’s been completely abandoned, so I’m saying, “Daaaamn Saaaaammy, there’s nobody around…” in that little devilish whispered voice, right? Imagine the evil grin with the closed fist and index finger running across my lips too, as I breath heavy and the horns start growing out of the top of my skull! “Ah-SaDaaaamn Hussein? - this piece gots evrythang wit it,” I think to myself, right? Reader, when I say everything I mean everything... we're talking power cable, 12 foot USB 2.0 cable, manual, extra ink (2-color and 1- b/w), plus 1/2 ream of paper still inside one of the bins. Guess what I did? Surely enough, I scooped it up under my arm and wrapped as much of my coat as it could cover around the piece with that sheer twinkle in my eyes . I mean I had those MEAN butterflies in the pit of my stomach, dry mouth, bulged crystallized eyes, and all while traveling down the hallways and stairs with the stealthiest swiftness I never thought I was capable of! Yo, we’re talkin Navy Seal (or seel; however you spell it) style, right? Ladies and gentlemen I SWORE throughout the whole ride that was getting away with murder. I was laughing and laughing all the way home to the point where I was sure the drivers adn commuters next to me thought I’d lost it, (good thing it was winter, mildly dark, and all the windows we’re closed). Dude, I laughed so hard I was occasionally farting. Okay, so I junk my old Epson IMMEDIATELY, almost stopping that schit past my basement concrete floor into beneath my house!!! I dust off and clean up the new “special” spot for this gorgeous element using 409 and Pledge! Its Lexmark Loooovvveeee Ladies and Gents - I swear to you! I prop this thing up on its new home and start going for it. After a few installations (like a Goddd ddaaaammed 100 or so), a few not so friendly talks with the Lexmark Indians or Pakistanis, and reading through the countless multitude of forums with similar postings like the ones in this forum I’ve made my decision. Yeahhhhhh maaaaannnn, I'm gonna do it. I'm on my way back to sneak this piece of schit back to that same spot where I found it. Only thing different now is that I think I may hang it on the IT door by its USB cable with a big knife going through it from end to end. I just hope to God that none of the IT folks see me! It won’t be the robbery or the stabbing they’ll be laughing at – seriously!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by David Hammond (2/24/08 5:29 PM) reply-1 + / -
Hellooo Cymonesays!

Man, that was really a funny story about the Shitmark, I mean Lexmark, printer. Now I have to wonder if the IT folks at your company are laughing until their sides ache! It was even more funny because I have my Lexmark installed at my home computer in my basement office! How funny! I know that feeling! I used to dumpster dive in Silicon Valley when it was Silicon Valley (not not software-Chinese Valley), and I know that feeling (in my stomach) after pulling some "treasure" from the dumpster in the middle of the night, and driving away like hell hoping I was not caught on a security video camera.

Now I can watch my employees ovet the internet from my home basement computer. Interesting how they do diferent "things" whn I am not at work! The internet is very, very cool!

Thanks again for the great story with details!

Re: Lexmark X63 problems by Anonymous (3/17/08 1:01 PM) reply + / -
I've suffered thru' all the X63 problems you guys posted on Yahoo and then some for the past six years. This one's a replacement for one whose electronics went bad under warranty. It's at our winter home in Mexico and when it's predecessor gave out I asked them to replace it with a model sold here. The X63 is'nt. But they lugged another X63 from U.S. and delivered me six more years of misery. So at 81 I want to live another year or so and have decided to dump this piece of shit and bring down a Hewlett Packard next year. We've had a HP all-in-one for eight years in U.S. without a single problem. After we return North next month I plan to complain to BBB but can't think of what else to do. Suggestions welcome. Gene

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (3/26/08 6:52 AM) reply + / -
I was given one to replace the 3600 series lexmark that I can not get to work by an friend.
I can not for the life of me get this POS to work.
Now I am going to have to pay to trash the both of them.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by kniveman (7/3/08 3:29 PM) reply + / -
another story of bloodpressure overload,

I bought my crapmark oh sorry lexmark x63 at a yardsale for
$20.00 i thought oohhhhhh what a deal, wrong agin , i cant
get it working.

After all the bad press i wont buy a lexmark, thanks for all
the info. p.s. my x63 is getting smashed.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (8/2/08 8:38 PM) reply + / -
Everytime I move I have this same problem with the "device is busy" message.

Here's how I got it to work (with XP):

1. Uninstall all Lexmark software by clicking on "Remove X63" in the program menu. Also go into My Computer, in the C drive and delete any folders that start with LXK something.

2. Unplug the USB from the printer and reboot.

3. Insert the CD and follow the Lexmark installation prompts, not the Windows ones.

4. Plug in the USB when the prompt says to. Cancel any windows installation prompts.

5. When you get the option to "Continue Anyway" or "Stop installation," click "continue anyway" and finish it out.

For the record, I am not a Lexmark employee, and I'll never buy a Lexmark again! Hope this helps somebody if you haven't already destroyed your x63 in a fit of rage. Peace!

Re: Lexmark X63 error by David Hammond (8/19/08 7:03 PM) reply + / -
I found a great tool for fixing the Lexmark problems: it is called a hammer! I just hit the printer several times, each time delivering a direct blow to a different section of the plastic. I imagine in my mind that the printer is the collective heads of the executives at Lexmark, and the hammer is one of their Ping golf clubs. I conclude the ceremony by peeing on the remains of the printer, and then later burn it in my fireplace (lots of black smoke). I imagine the prorgammers must be a bunch of genreation Y dipshits like the one I am going to fire in the morning, who can't seem to get his act together to follow simple instructions. I realize most programmers must have brain damage after dealing with severl of them in my lifetime of engineering (28 years).

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Lexmark Blows (10/7/08 1:19 PM) reply + / -
This printer is a complete piece ... don't even waste your time trying to fix it nothing works long term.

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (1/9/09 10:36 AM) reply + / -
Finally I can laugh at Lex X63. You are hilarious. Am relieve to see that it is the printer and not the computer. Have gotten that "busy, try again later" and erroneous msg of "replace cartridge" and "install cartridge", etc. Used to be able to fix with reboot, then de-install and reinstall, plug and unplug, etc. This time, none of those tactics got me beyond "busy, try again later." Am in no mood to deal with India or Pakistan, have packed it up yesterday. Your msg gives me idea to leave it out my front door with an unopened print cartridge. You think the "thief" might return it via hurling it through my window?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (1/9/09 10:41 AM) reply + / -
Sorry, my msg about leaving it out my front door was related to the above msg from cymonsays.

A hammer please!! by John 7777 (1/25/09 9:59 AM) reply + / -
I've been working on this piece of crap for over 2 hrs. I appreciate all the tips but to no avail. A hammer and trip to Best Buy seems to be the best solution. HP here I come..

John

Re: Lexmark X63 Fax by Donald Berg (2/4/09 12:31 AM) reply + / -
How do I print a fax from memory? It says it has a fax in memory on the X63. I can't find anything in the manuel about
that.

Re: Lexmark X63 paper roller by mlpstar (4/27/09 1:24 PM) reply + / -
Don't smash those Lexmark63's. I need a paper feed roller. You're not gonna belive this, but it wore out. If you have one, let me know please.
Thanks

Re: A hammer please!! by Anonymous (6/19/09 9:26 AM) reply + / -
My X63 was a gift from a disgruntled user and I too have suffered for a couple of years with the "busy" syndrome relying on my obsolete Canon to print. I downloaded the latest XP driver files but no joy. Fixes from Lexmark tech support failed too. Last week before taking it to the dump I tried setting the driver executable file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\lxamSW32.EXE) to compatability mode for Win2000 after noticing the file's release date of 2001 and guessing that XP didn't like it. For the past week it has behaved beautifully, so much so that I ordered a new set of ink cartridges. If you still have your X63 give it a try.

Re: Re: A hammer please!! part 2 by Anonymous (8/20/09 12:48 PM) reply + / -
Resetting compatability only worked for a few more days so I tried the forums again and found a post at "www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/19217" from ToastieGirl that includes:

"Then change the Print Processor - Right click on the printers Icon in the printers/faxes folder - select properties - go to the 'Advanced' tab - and at the bottom select "Print Processor' - Change the print processor to Winprint - and on the other side select 'NT EMF 1.008' ((if it won't take the setting try NT EMF 1.006... and then 1.003... so on until it will take one)).. click apply..."

My XP wouldn't take the version numbers but it didn't matter. For the past six weeks X63 has started up with Windows about 9 out of 10 times and does print very well. The funny part is that Lexmark support made a point of not changing the print processor settings.

Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (10/21/09 4:28 PM) reply + / -
OMG, i've had this printer since 2002, i used to live with my dad back when i bought it.

Surprise for me, my dad came to my house not while ago and brought the printer now in 2009, i spent the day trying to see if i could get it working.

Somehow, by following the instructions by Beck, It started working.

I doesnt print, i guess is because the ink dried, but it does moves as if it was printing.

Tomorrow i will back the ink and re-try and see if the work is completed.

But so far, Beck seems to have found the solution.

Re: Re: Lexmark X63 error by Anonymous (11/15/09 10:34 AM) reply + / -
IT WORKED!! Thank U for the blog! ;>

Lexmark 7600 by Darrell Toland (6/22/11 9:54 PM) reply + / -
I continually get the "printer busy" error. Half the time, the printer can't be found (after using just minutes prior) I hate this POS printer. Never again Lexmark! Epson, I'm sorry I left you baby!

Lexmark 7600 by Darrell Toland (6/22/11 9:58 PM) reply + / -
I continually get the "printer busy" error. Half the time, the printer can't be found (after using just minutes prior) I hate this POS printer. Never again Lexmark! Epson, I'm sorry I left you baby! Oh, and I've reloaded the freakin' drivers, upluged pluged back in fucking cables too many times to count!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters