fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP psc 2110 All-in-one

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Angie (5/21/04 7:22 PM) reply + / -
I sure hope someone has some advice, I have been emailing HP tech support back and forth with this issue and I have not solved my problem yet.
Ok, printer won't print anything, not even print test page. I have updated my driver and firmware, I have changed USB plug, I have reset to default, I've pretty much done everything and still all the lights on the front panel continue to blink. I have gone through the on-screen troubleshooting guide and that didn't help either. I have unplugged the printer and plugged it back in an hour later. Has anyone ever had this problem before. Any suggestions welcome! Thank You!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bill Kunert (5/23/04 6:19 PM) reply + / -
Angie;

Has the printer ever worked? Does it copy and scan? When you try to print do you get the printer icon in your system tray? Also, how old is the printer? It has a one year warranty if you registered it or have proof of when you bought it. I have a 2110 an had some initial software problems that required a reformat and reload of my hard drive before the tool box had scan icons in it.
Bill

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Angie (5/23/04 7:22 PM) reply + / -
Hi Bill,
Yes my printer has worked fine since I bought it in 2002 or 2003, I really can't remember. It won't copy or scan. When I try to print I do get the printer icon in the system tray. It worked fine untill the USB cord was pulled out and ever since all three lights on the front panel have continued to blink and nothing works. I'm going to check my reciept and see when I purchased it. Thanks for reminding me about the warrenty!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Allysha (5/24/04 8:19 PM) reply + / -
I'm having problems too... I've tried everything, and nothing seems to work. I'm going to go online to their home page, and see if they have any suggestions (other than getting a new one). This is crazy!!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Kumar (5/24/04 8:32 PM) reply + / -
have u checked by reinstalling the operating system and re-install printer driver

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Dick (8/21/04 9:27 AM) reply + / -
The display screen states that I should remove and check the black cartage. I have done this a number of times, but still get the message over and over again. I can't even scan or print a document off the flat bed. Nothing seems to work except the display screen.

Even with the printer disconnected from the computer I get the same message. I have tried a new cartage with no relief from the problem. Is it a hardware or software problem? Is it fixable by me, or do I have to send it back to HP? I have pushed all the buttons, but still no help.

Help!!!

Dick
mrjcbs@juno.com

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (8/21/04 10:28 AM) reply + / -
Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. If that fails, I suggest testing the cartridge in another printer. Many of the newest models use the 56 cartridge.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Dick (8/21/04 8:33 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Bert: Tried the alcohol, but it didn't work. The three green lites on the right side of the control panel are flashing and the message on the display still reads the same.

Dick
mrjcbs@juno.com

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (8/21/04 9:17 PM) reply + / -
According to HP you can do what they call a partial reset by doing the following: Press and hold Cancel and the Left Arrow while plugging in the power cord. If that doesn't solve the problem and you are absolutely sure that your cartidges are good, then it's repair or replacement time.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Debbie (8/21/04 10:08 PM) reply + / -
Hello all,

Angie, I have to say that I have never had a problem w/ my HP 2110! In regard to the subsequent posts, you HAVE to run the alignment stuff or you won't print. It is a pain, but you have to do EVERY time you change cartridges.

I have just experienced the following issue:

On my pics, I am getting a splotch that seems to repeat and fade out by the end of the photo. I am guessing that it is a dirty roller. Any hints on cleaning the rollers? I am not sure if I can find my book on the printer.

Thanks

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Dick (8/22/04 6:58 AM) reply + / -
Tried the partial reset, but it didn't do the trick, still getting the flashing lights, and the statement, "remove the black . . . ." Are there any more ideas before I take the ultimate step of getting it fixed?

Dick

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (8/22/04 9:36 PM) reply+1 + / -
Debbie
There is a removable access door in the rear. Remove it and clean the feed rollers with a damp cloth. There are also some rollers visible when you open the printer to access the cartridges. Clean them also. They should turn when you rotate the feed rollers in the rear. If the problem reoccurs, then something is depositing fresh ink on the roller, a leaking cartridge maybe?

Dick
Repair time.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by big guy (7/19/05 8:10 PM) reply+1 + / -
My hp psc 2110 does not get through the initial self-test before ir shuts itself down. I press the on button, it reads "self-test" and then "initializing" briefly while the scanner light comes on for a second or two, then it reads "self-test" again and the light flashes briefly and then the printer shuts down. I called the HP help line and they claim they can lead me through a fix, but for a fee of course. Does any one have any suggestions?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (7/19/05 11:23 PM) reply + / -
Do a partial reset by pressing and holding Cancel and the Left Arrow while plugging in the power cord.

If the reset doesn't resolve the problem, I speculate that there is an electonic failure, in which case the printer is scrap. There are no electronic spare parts available.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by vkochie (7/27/05 6:38 PM) reply + / -
PLEASE HELP!! A few days ago, I had an error message on my printer saying "check black ink cartridge", so I did that and put it back in. Then I got another error message saying "clear paper jam", so I did checked, but there was nothing jamming it. Then it tried to align, but it got to the left and made a noise and stopped there and the 3 lights on the front panel started to blink. I shut the printer off and turned it back on, but the lights still kept blinking and the carraige wasn't moving. Finally, I was able to move the carraige to the right by hand. Now I am able to move the carraige to the left and right, but only by hand. I have shut the power off, unplugged, plugged back in, turned the power back on, but the only thing that happens is the 3 lights stay blinking and the carriage does not move at all. What do I have to do to fix this problem, or is something the matter with my printer?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by DallasRudy (edited 8/2/05 8:40 AM) reply + / -
I paid the $50 to HP to resolve this problem over 6 months ago and have lost my notes. This thread help me resolve my problem.

PROBLEM:

HP 2110 All-in-One powers up normally and everything looks normal, except it will not print. No changes have been made to any hardware, software, drivers or cable.

re-cycle power to printer and computer and still no printing.

No message in window on printer and computer says printer is connected and everything is working correctly.

It worked yesterday, but now it does not.

SOLUTION:

This is what I did in sequence, but all steps may not be important.

1. Open up cover to look at print cartridges. (yelling is an option)
2. Close cover.
3. Place something to scan on scanner (handwritten obsenities is an option).
4. From the computer print a test page. The test page is in now in then print que, but no printing. No message from computer that there is a problem and no message on printer that there is a problem.
5. Unplug HP 2110 printer from power, but keep printer connected to computer.
6. Wait 30 seconds (which was originally designed by help desks so the clients would calm down).
7. Hold down cancel and LEFT arrow buttons on HP 2110, while plugging the power to HP 2110.
8. Release the cancel and LEFT arrow buttons.
9. HP 2110 starts up normal, but still not printing (test page remains in que).
10. Press "Start copy - black" button.
11. Press "start scan"
12. Eureka, test page prints then scanned page prints.
13. Appologize to printer. Caress printer and clean with dry soft cloth.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/1/05 6:33 PM) reply + / -
I tried your fix and it did not resolve my problem. The test page printed along with diagnostic page but no other documents will print. When I send a document to be printed, all I get is a blank page.
My operating system is MS XP. The computer acts in every way that it recognizes the printer.

I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. HP has been no help at all. I am about to chuck this printer.

Desparate....

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by DallasRudy (8/2/05 7:49 AM) reply + / -
Hmm.. Sorry, your problem is slightly different. I could not even get the test page to print.

If your test page prints correctly and looks good, then I would not think it is a cleaning problem. But I do not know for certain.

1. The next thing to check out is the software. Check if wordpad prints.

2. If all software packages on one computer are sending a blank page but another computer prints fine, then it is a driver issue. Get the latest driver.

3. If it use to work and you recently installed a driver then roll back to the previous driver.

Everything is always an IF....THEN..... nothing is simple anymore.

Re: Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/2/05 8:37 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for your response.
I checked out wordpad and it does not work either. I tried calling HP again and they said that they had to charge me for a fix to this problem. How can they do that? The alternative that they left me was either pay for tesh support or exchange the printer for a new one whichn they said would cost $129.99. What a scam! (Needed to blow-off some steam).
Anyways, if you shoudl come up with anything else please let me know.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/6/05 11:17 AM) reply + / -
Copying doesn't work, blank pages come out.
I tried power cycling, partial resets, resetting the cartridges, all failed.
Any suggestions?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by DallasRudy (8/6/05 12:40 PM) reply+1 + / -
I'd like to help, but my problem was different.

I could always copy and scan, just not print from either of my two computers. The print would remain in que and never got a blank page. No error messages anywhere.

Another problem I have had more than once was a loud clicking after powering up, caused by the scanner bar jerking. The solution was cycling power and if that did not work then use the (LEFT arrow & cancel buttons) solution as describe above.

Summarizing you situation:
1. Copier goes through the motions but prints a blank page.
2. Wordpad, word, excel all print a blank page.
3. Test print from diagnostics on computer works.

Because you can print a test page. Therefore:
1. printer drivers should be OK.
2. connections between printer and computer are OK.
3. Printer is clean.
4. Ink cartriges are OK.

If you have not already. Hold the LEFT Arrow & cancel buttons down before powering up and continue to hold them down for at least 10 seconds after printer is completely powered up.

Recommendations:
1. Check other message boards.
2. Ebay has several used HP 2110 for under $50 including shipping, so you can use your same print cartridges.
3. Buy New, any name brand. HP is still a good name for printer (just not the HP 2110 model).
4. HP help desk for $50, but they do not guarantee anything. So you could be out the $50.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/6/05 1:19 PM) reply+1 + / -
Huzzah! We spent a good half of a Saturday trying to get this printer to work, until I found your suggestions! It worked magically, though as a computer person the methodology makes absolutely no sense. Thank you so much!!
Kat

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/9/05 1:11 PM) reply + / -
I was able to get the band aid solution by way of email with HP tech support. Even if I had to scrap that PSC 2110, I was not going to pay for help. The support by way of email was fairly good, but you had to be very specific of what you asked.
Sorry you had to learn the hard way.
Using the Deskjet 990C driver eliminated my blank page problem but I lost some functionality of the PSC 2110.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Katie (8/16/05 8:19 PM) reply + / -
Unbelievable!! DallasRudy is my HERO. I did exactly what you said although I was skeptical (I kept expecting "stand on your head and cluck like a chicken" was going to show up in the instructions) and my test page, which was a word document containing some rather harsh language, printed right out. Now the printer is working. You just saved me $30 for the phone call. Thank you!!!!!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by M&R (9/1/05 12:25 PM) reply+1 + / -
Dear all,
This evening, our printer (HP all in one 2110) also showed 'remove and check cartridge' alert and almost drove us crazy. We just wanted to scan something, but it simply refused.
After trying all your suggestions, we just checked the 'work set' then 'estimated ink level' and it turned out our colour cartridge was empty. We removed only the colour cartridge and the scanner aswell as the printer worked again.
Hope that this solves some of your problems too!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (10/7/05 3:17 PM) reply + / -
Must be the season for PSC2110's to fail based on this thread! I, too, had the "pen alignment" problem, changed out the color cartridge, had it working again, then the "check black cartridge" problem arose, changed it out, now have the "pen alignment" problem again! The cleaning, electronic re-setting, and other suggestions here haven't been successful. Seems like it's time to junk this one and get another one.

Mike in Houston

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (10/8/05 6:49 PM) reply + / -
Further to my message above, I ditched the 2110, went to Office Depot and bought a 1610 for $130. A FAR FAR better machine, quieter, faster, much better error management so far...something I guess I should have done earlier. Someone above mentioned that the 2110 was not one of HP's better machines, and the performance of my new 1610 certainly makes the 2110 look like a poorly designed machine indeed.

Mike in Houston

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Debbi (10/16/05 7:28 PM) reply + / -
How can I get the glass off to clean it?
I would like to scan some family pics, but the glass has become dusty on the under side of glass.
There is 1 screw on top of glass area, but I didn't want to unscrew it and bugger something up.
Can anyone help?
Debbi

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bill Kunert (10/16/05 8:18 PM) reply + / -
Debbi;

Do a site search for 2110 glass removal. It should bring up info I posted some time ago.

Regards
Bill

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by adreesefamiy (11/6/05 1:07 PM) reply + / -
My son pulled a plastic strip about 1/4" wide and 13-14" long out of my printer!

It's shaded a grayish color except at the ends.

Any idea how to put it back in?

Thanks

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (11/15/05 12:50 PM) reply + / -
M&R - you saved me from buying a new printer...
My psc2110 kept complaining about "remove black cartridge...". So that's what I did - about 20 times. Tried cleaning the contacts inside also a couple of times but without any luck.
Finally I scrolled down this long page and found your message. So I replaced the color cardridge and ... taaaadaaa. No messages anymore. After aligning all is ok now!
So HP - fix your user interface!!!
Regards,

Johan.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (2/1/06 11:23 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
It sounds like your son has removed the encoder strip.
You have to remove the scanner assy and the printer covers. Then you have to feed the strip behind the printer head assy . What you will find is a little black component with a small slot that the strip slides through. The strip has to be fed through the litle block and on each end of the printer you will find a metal tab that the strip attaches to.
without this strip the printer head will be lost and bump endlessly from side to side.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Jeff

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Dead Printer Dave (2/8/06 9:20 AM) reply + / -
I also have a dead 2110 and have been unable to fix it.

However, I thought you all might be interested in some extra information I got from HP. There are 3 ways to reset the printer. I've listed them below.

Partial reset - hold left arrow + cancel and apply power
Semi-full reset - hold right arrow + cancel and apply power
Full reset - hold enter + cancel and apply power

I've tried all three without success, but it might help someone else.

Good luck!
Dave.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (2/8/06 2:13 PM) reply + / -
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information. Have you checked the Power supply ?

Regards

Jeff

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (2/10/06 1:58 AM) reply + / -
Hi Jeff,

What do you mean by checking the power supply? It's certainly got power, as the three green LEDs flash continuously, but that's about all it does!

Dave.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (4/21/06 1:31 PM) reply + / -
I am forever in your debt for restoring my aged printer to functioning status again. THANK YOU--eureka, it worked!!!!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Paul_in_ABQ (7/1/06 4:13 PM) reply + / -
I tried the fixes to the repeated "Aligning" messages, but what I think was my magic bullet was the following:

SOLUTION:

CLEAN THE CARTRIDGE METAL CONTACTS!!!

I used tissue paper and wiped a bit of black ink off of the color cartridge and then printed a test page. It worked after many other unsuccessful "fixes".

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Paul_in_ABQ (7/1/06 4:30 PM) reply + / -
OK, I take it back ... it still had issues ...

DallasRudy is my hero. Do his thing and cluck like a chicken. It really works! It took me a few tries, but when I did it right, it worked. Here it is again (pasted from above):

SOLUTION:

This is what I did in sequence, but all steps may not be important.

1. Open up cover to look at print cartridges.
2. Close cover.
3. Place something to scan on scanner.
4. From the computer print a test page (I don't think it matters what you print). The test page is in now in then print que, but no printing. No message from computer that there is a problem and no message on printer that there is a problem.
5. Unplug HP 2110 printer from power, but keep printer connected to computer.
6. Wait 30 seconds (really wait the 30 seconds).
7. Hold down cancel and LEFT arrow buttons on HP 2110, while plugging the power to HP 2110.
8. Release the cancel and LEFT arrow buttons.
9. HP 2110 starts up normal, but still not printing (test page remains in que).
10. Press "Start copy - black" button.
11. Press "start scan"
12. Eureka, test page prints then scanned page prints. (my scanned page didn't actually print)
13. Apologize to printer. Caress printer and clean with dry soft cloth.
(14. I still had to go through the alignment process at this point, but it worked this time.)

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Rodon (9/27/06 8:53 PM) reply + / -
My printer is dead. Pulling the plug out of the outlet and putting it back does no help. When I put an envelope in to print, it printed the info on a sheet of paper and spit out the envelope. I put in a new envelope and after sounding like it was having difficulty pulling the envelope in it stopped with envelope midway, completely shutting down. The on/off button does not work. If I could get it to come on then maybe something could be done with it. Any ideas?

Hmmm salvage.... by ZanderKinn (10/15/06 9:21 PM) reply + / -
Well I found a hp psc 2210 all-in-one at the garbage dump. Hmm not normally a dumpster diver but it looked quite intact. There was no cables or software, but I figured, nothing lost, nothing gained. So I picked up the printer and took him home. Now I find that it thinks that it has a pic. card is in backwards. When I look into the card slot I can see that one of the pins is askew and when I reach in with a toothpick it wiggles... and not in a good way. A loose wiggily way. Altogether a bad way. So I really don't now what to do. I tried semi-reseting the printer, and... nothing. Is there anything to do from here? Can I order a new Photo card slot, or hotwire it in some way? Is there a free fix I can preform?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (12/21/06 7:35 AM) reply + / -
its a hard ware problem i spent an hour chatting online with hp people and never got anywhere they said its a hardware problem... i belive them .... for some reason the printer just decided to have a heart attack...
regards,
mohammed redha

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by jerry l gardner (2/11/07 9:15 PM) reply + / -
i lost my instalation cd how do i get a new one

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Very annoyed!! (4/7/07 10:09 AM) reply + / -
OK, So i've had this printer for years (3-4) and since i've had it -nothing but trouble. Today i get up, turn it on and the three lights are blinking. They say to take the cartridges out and put back in - I DO - but still not working. I cant print, scan copy anything. I've read the above suggestions for this problem and it still wont work.
LIke by pressing cancel and the enter buttom to reset. Yup - not for me it wont!

Anyone know what the hell i can do with this piece of sh*t printer??

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (4/17/07 12:58 AM) reply + / -
I dont understand why no one has realized that the auto shutdown feature causes most of the 2110 software faults.
In the hp2110 configuration TURN OFF THE AUTO sutdown.
then reboot computer with printer left on.
Then pull the power out off printer WITHOUT turning it off.
Wait 30 seconds.
Next hold in cancel and enter buttons on printer WHILST APPLYING POWER.
Have a cuppa coffee AND WAIT ! as it chucks a mental and sorts itself out.

All should now be ok

les

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (4/18/07 3:06 PM) reply + / -
You can download it online at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=support

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by juryrigged (7/9/07 3:25 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Bill. Found your steps for removing the top of the scanner:
PSC 2100 Series, removing the scanner glass, by Bill

"Using a small screw driver pry off the control panel cover from the end nearest the display. Using the screw driver depress the tab found in the square hole under the panel and slide the panel forward to remove it. Remove the two star screws exposed by the panel removal and the screw near the rear right corner of the printer. Look through the glass with a flashlight at the center front of the printer and you will see a U shaped tab sticking down from the top cover that engages a projection on the main cover. Using a thin blade inserted between the covers push the U shaped piece to the rear and carefully lift off the cover. There is a ribbon cable connected to the circuit board on the cover. Just slip it out of it's connector. Be sure to note it's orientation. You can also carefully clean the scanner mirror with a Q tip is it is dirty."

Also note that there is another u-shaped tab on the left front that might need to be pressed back also.
I am reposting your instructions in case someone comes across this page first.

My problem was a shuffling scanner head which I hadn't diagnosed until I found this site. I had assumed it was the printer mechanism. Dirty glass was the culprit. Thank you for the solution.

juryrigged

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Barbara O'Connor (7/26/07 8:27 AM) reply + / -
I would like to know my printer does not shut off even when i press the button to shut it off the light just blinkes?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Camille (7/27/07 1:37 PM) reply + / -
Had the "remove and check right cartridge" error after getting a refill cartridge for my hp officejet 6110 all-in-one. Took it back to Office Max, got another, same problem. Read up some online, and looked at the date on the cartridge - it was from 2006. Took it back to Office Max and had the guy find a refill cartridge with a future date (2009!). Works fine.

Geez.

Camille

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by engftp (8/18/07 1:52 AM) reply+1 + / -
My HP psc 2100 shows "open door. Clear carriage jam, and press enter" message. Can anyone advise what I should do to fix it.

This was happened after "black" ink cartiage change. After it powered up, I hear some clicking sound form the right side of the machine and the ink cartiage did run all the way to the LHS of the printer and sat there.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Camille (8/18/07 5:07 AM) reply + / -
I've had the same problem a couple times now, since I put in my latest refilled cartridge: "open door. Clear carriage jam, and press enter", with unhappy noise from printer sometimes when I print . I opened the door, jiggled the ribbon that was where the cartridges normally sit, closed the cover, and pressed enter. That got rid of the message. Printer still prints. Have no idea if that actually took care of whatever the problem was/is.

Didn't have any of these problems with my 1st refilled cartridge.

Camille

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/18/07 7:30 AM) reply + / -
i cant get my c8644a all in one printer to print from my computer to printer any thing what could be rong

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by engftp (8/18/07 7:52 AM) reply + / -
Camille,

Thanks for your help, I will try your ways but please advise the ribbon that you refering to. Is it the one connect to the ink cartiages or something else.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/18/07 8:53 AM) reply + / -
RECEIVED INFORMATION FROM CLIENT BY EMAIL
UNABLE TO PRINT COPY OFF
ERROR MESSAGE SAYS
PRINTER STOPPED AT DOCUMENT ENTRY

Re: HP C4280 ALL-IN-ONE by Anonymous (8/18/07 9:00 AM) reply + / -
I PUT WRONG MODEL THIS IS ON TOP OF PRINTER
I JUST BOUGHT FROM STAPLES NEW THIS WEEK

ERROR SAYS
PRINTER STOPPED AT DOCUMENT ENTRY

CAN YOU ADVISE
DOLLY

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by 110baud (8/29/07 2:18 PM) reply + / -
I can't get the power saver feature to work (I think!) If I set it for one hour, every hour it goes into its gyrations with the printer cartridges just like it was first powered up. I went into HPDirector - Settings - Print settings - Printer Toolbox - Configuration - Activate the Hardware Auto Off Feature, check the box, and close it. I open it again, and it's unchecked. My PSC750 goes into what you'd expect for a power saver mode - fluorescent scanner light off and no activity until you lift the lid and wake it up. Any ideas?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by gbonini (9/10/07 1:52 PM) reply + / -
I've had my 2110 for years and have printed hundreds of thousands of pages (really!), but now after it prints one page, it jams trying to put the 2nd page through and makes a loud, ugly, clicking sound. Any suggestions?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (9/10/07 2:25 PM) reply + / -
Broken Paper Pusher?

After a page prints it is necessary for it to be pushed into the paper output tray. Three (possibly two on your model) ‘fingers’ accomplish this just as the page exits the rubber rollers that are visible when the cover is opened. Print a page and view the printer at an angle where you can see the carriage move as printing takes place. At the instant the paper comes out of the rollers, the 'fingers' will pop-up and push the paper into the output tray.

My theory is; if you've gotten a paper jam and pulled it out through the front, and the 'fingers' are missing, then that was what broke then off. Paper jams should be removed through the rear access door.

The printer must be partially disassembled to replace the paper pusher. Repost if you want instructions.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (9/11/07 3:54 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Bert. I will take a look and let you know.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (9/27/07 7:41 AM) reply + / -
HP PSC All-In-One

My printer would not align. I kept getting the message alignment canceled. I replaced the black cartridge and nothing happened. I replaced the color cartridge - which was not empty and then the printer aligned and is now working.

I had to replace BOTH ink cartridges.

Hope this helps

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (9/27/07 7:45 AM) reply + / -
HP PSC All-In-One

My printer would not align. I kept getting the message alignment canceled. I replaced the black cartridge and nothing happened. I replaced the color cartridge - which was not empty and then the printer aligned and is now working.

I had to replace BOTH ink cartridges.

Hope this helps

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (9/27/07 3:34 PM) reply + / -
Your old color cartridge was probably missing a color. Blot the old cartridge a few times on a damp paper towel. A good cartridge will show obvious ink flow, yellow, magenta, and cyan.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by SAS (10/11/07 6:28 AM) reply + / -
THIS PRINTER IS B-U-N-K

WONT PRINT. HAS PRINTED. BUT MOSTLY JUS GETS STUCK IN QUEVE. IVE UNINSTALLED, REINSTALLED, ETC ETC.

HELP

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (10/11/07 8:37 PM) reply + / -
Assuming you are using Windows XP, HP's download page includes a software cleanup utility and other updates.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one- broken paper Push? by Anonymous (10/15/07 9:44 PM) reply + / -
My printer seems having the problem with the paper pusher. it got paper jam everytime I try to print. how to disassembled, repair or replace the paper pusher. the two pushers are the two pieces plastic on each side in the front? Please show me how to fix the paper jam problem.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (10/15/07 11:59 PM) reply + / -
I assume you have verified that the paper pusher fingers are broken using the method described in my 9/10/07 2:25 PM post in this thread?

I have no problem with helping you replace the paper pusher but your major problem is going to be finding a replacement part, HP P/N C6487-60054. HP has apparently stopped selling the part. If you can find one online for an acceptable price then repost saying that you have the part, and then I'll take the time to put together the info you are going to need. It's not terribly difficult if you feel comfortable fixing mechanical stuff.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (10/28/07 6:37 PM) reply + / -
Try a full reset by holding down cancel and right arrow button while plugging in the power cord. It worked for me

Colin

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (11/7/07 2:21 PM) reply + / -
Thank You ... thank you ... thank you!
I've fixed my printer many times before by unplugging, holding keys down, removing and replacing the ink catridges and have never been able to remember the sequence I did them in. There was no rhyme or reason to what I did or didn't do that got my printer working again. But, today I cheated and went online to fix my printer, saw your post, tried it and your sequence worked perfectly !!! I especially liked the scanned obscenities part! But, now I was wondering do you have a method to remove the dent I put on my printer when I squashed it with my coffee mug before I found your remedy?!?!

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Aaron Deneb (11/22/07 5:06 PM) reply + / -
Hello, The strip is part of the carriage position mech. Raise the cover let the print head get centered then pull power. You will need nimble little fingers (female if possible)(no nails.)Get a light and look inside to the left and there is a metal gusset or triangle looking thing with a little tab that points to the left,this is where the left part of the strip hangs to. the strip goes through the back of the carriage and to another plastic piece with a tab on the right just above the chrome sliding rod.I have not tried this with this printer because of the way its enclosed you will probably end up needing to do a little non destructive disassembly to better get to the tabs on this unit. On the strip has an arrow on the left that points up. Most hp's have this positioning scheme, just don't looses the strip.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Kcrunch1 (12/1/07 4:52 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Dead Printer Dave,

I installed new cartridges and was still getting these eroror messages. Nothing was working.

Error left cartridge incorrect
Remove and check cartridge

I did the Full reset: hold enter and cancel & apply power and it worked.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (12/1/07 5:58 PM) reply + / -
Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges and carriage with a cotton swab and alcohol. If the problems persists suspect a defective cartridge, particularly if you are using refills.

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (12/3/07 12:05 PM) reply + / -
Johan and M&R you both saved me too. I kept getting (Error message: remove and check black cartridge.)also. Changed the COLOR CARTRIDGE and ... taaaadaaa, fixed. THANK YOU two. HP gets coal in their stocking this year.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by nespinosa (1/29/08 10:39 AM) reply + / -
I broke the gate that holds the ink cartridge. Is it simple to replace and where would you recommend I locate the part?

Re: Re: HP psc 2210 All-in-one by Anonymous (1/29/08 10:50 AM) reply + / -
The printer is actually an HP PSC 2210 all in one. As I mentioned earlier, I broke the plastic gate that holds the ink cartridge in place. Where can I get the part and is it easy to replace.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (2/11/08 7:11 AM) reply + / -
I scanned with my printer recently and all was fine. When I went to print, the printer decided it needed to go through an alignment. After I did that, I got a message that there has been scanner failure and I need to restart the printer. Did that and the printer started making a horrible noise the entire time it is on and wants to go through the alignment stuff again, then gives me the same scanner error. PLEASE HELP!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (2/11/08 5:03 PM) reply + / -
Go to this web page for info that will sometimes clear scanner errors.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by kingtut63 (2/12/08 2:20 PM) reply+1 + / -
can anyone tell me where I can buy a scanner light bulb for this thing? It is a C8644A model.
Thanks

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bart Kuppens (3/12/08 6:12 AM) reply + / -
Open the top, remove the glass plate, clean it (there are two small black stripes that the scanner uses to put himself in start position). fixed.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Mom in Indy (3/14/08 7:18 AM) reply + / -
Hello!
Thank you to anonymous above on 12/03/07! I kept getting the replace black ink cartridge error message. I replaced with 2 new Hp black ink cartridges. Nothing worked. I cleaned everything to no avail. The color ink cartridge was very gummy. The excess ink was like rock. I couldn't clean it off. I replaced the color ink cartridge and voila! no more error messages!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (4/3/08 10:16 PM) reply+1 + / -
My PSC 2110 periodically makes an annoying self check noise thing that wakes me up at night when I forget to turn it off before bed. Is there a way to make it not do these little check noise things?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Wildthing (4/21/08 5:41 PM) reply + / -
My problem is not as critical as others here, but nonetheless can someone help me out. In my area Walgreens Drug Store refills all inket cartridges for $10.00 for black and $15.00 for color. This is a huge savings over HP's prices esp. now-a-days when saving is critical. Only one thing... when I check my "ESTIMATED INK LEVEL" after I replace the cartridges, my printer does not show that the cartridges are refilled. It still shows them as empty. The printer works fine but I would like to reset the "estimated ink level" to show that it is filled with ink. Walgreens told me that the reason it most likely does this is because the cartridge that was refilled has some sort of sensor in it that didn't or doesn't update itself. They told me that I need to manually reset the Estimated Ink Level. Hmmm...can't seem to find out how to do this. Anyone know? I'd be most greatful. Thanks. My email is vertigoneNJ@aol.com. Can you please send a copy of your response there as well? Thanks again. :-)

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by pezcore (5/10/08 7:33 AM) reply + / -
My printer won't turn on. I tried a new power chord and it still won't turn on. It was temperamental when it was functioning, but now I can't even use it at all. Help please. Thanks.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (5/10/08 8:45 AM) reply + / -
The internal power supply may have failed. Remove the rear panel and check the output voltages coming from the power supply. The voltages will be marked on it somewhere. You will need a T10 Torx head driver to do the disassembly.

There is no replacement parts available other than from scrap printers.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by anonymous (7/6/08 3:06 PM) reply + / -
My printer has been making this noise when I turn it on. It sounds as if a plastic wheel is stuck but I don't see where it's coming from. This noise last for about a minute, then the 3 lights blink and even then I can't print anything.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/11/08 8:35 PM) reply + / -
Here's the deal with these printers- the optics and/or the program to intialize it are rotten. The grinding noise you hear is the optical bar trying to read it's "home-strip" durning the intitialization sequence.

To 'fix' this issue, you have to remove the glass of the scanner (yes, I'm serious) and clean the inside of it with windex where that pesky little light-bar slides under the plastic. Don't leave any lint either, or all your scans will be dirty from then on.

I've performed this feat 3 times now because the printer does print well when it's working and I'm so cheap it's crazy. I've owned it now almost 4 years so I don't knwo if I'll attempt a 4th time or not. This is not your fault but it is a fundamental flaw in this machine (IMHO).

PS: there are a couple screws under the keypad (just pry it up from the bottom with a knife or small screw driver). It took me hours to figur that out the 1st time.

Best of luck!

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/11/08 8:38 PM) reply + / -
The refills from Walgreens are TOXIC- DO NOT USE THEM. I don't knwo what machine they use to refil/recondition ink jets but they are bad MOST of the time afterwards and sometimes cause irrevokable issues with the printer itself.

I stongly caution against using Walgreens refill. Take your empties to a place like Cartridge world or some other refill place where a technician/person does the job- or buy a kit and do it yourself- it's the only way to do refills.

USE WALGREENS AT YOUR OWN RISK ****

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/17/08 4:19 PM) reply + / -
Hi! When I power up my printer , the printer makes a clinking noice. And when I try to print something out. It will not print. How can I fix this. Tried ressetting didn't work

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (7/17/08 5:49 PM) reply + / -
Any messages displayed on the printer? A common problem is a dirty scanner glass which causes scanner initialization failure. Go to this web page for cleaning info.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by amac (7/17/08 6:51 PM) reply + / -
I have the same blinking lights, but there is a terrible clicking sound as the printer tries to initialize as if it is trying move gears inside but it is caught on something. I have removed all "removable" parts short of taking screws out and see nothing "caught" in there. Anybody else experience this?

Bruce.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/17/08 7:00 PM) reply + / -
Thanks I finally got it to work without taking out anything. I turned the printer off and on several times and it stopped the horrible noise.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/18/08 10:56 AM) reply + / -
When printing copies on my 2210 HP I get blank patches on my paper. I have replaced the cartridges, cleaned and aligned them. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by adreesefamily (7/18/08 4:31 PM) reply + / -
Now my printer won't align the cartridges.

It prints the instructions and all of the bars to be scanned, but will not follow through with the alignment.

Then it freezes up saying the same thing: Canceling pen alignment.

Could this be dirty glass or what?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by matt_perry (7/19/08 10:27 PM) reply + / -
My cousin's is doing the same thing as the OP, did anyone find a sonlution? Partial Reset doesnt work, and I have tried it on 2 computers, a Vista and a XP. Uninstalled drivers and everything.

Also, it seems that the PC cant send all the data to the printer. Only 6kb of a 64kb Word Document gets sent to the printer...

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by matt chan (7/21/08 1:37 PM) reply + / -
eh ive got a slightly different problem.

computer prints fine from my computer, but it wont print from my laptop, which is connected via a Dlink router. the printer is connected to my computer.

things ive tried:
reinstalled operating system
reinstalled drivers

the printer has printed w/o problems from the laptop before.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by metalgearps2 (7/21/08 1:53 PM) reply + / -
matt chan, is it via a USB port or the printer serial port? If by USB, try a different plug, my laptop has a couple failed ports over the years.

Also, I found out why my cousin's didn't work, maybe this will help someone else. She lives in a fairly old house, and the printer was plugged into the same outlet as her laptop, and wasn't getting enough power. I unplugged the laptop, and it worked fine.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/30/08 4:08 PM) reply + / -
This site really helped when I had the alignment issue:

http://www.fixya.com/ support/t840049-align_cartridge_requirment_stopped

(copy and paste and then delete the space)

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/2/08 2:48 AM) reply + / -
ce vorbiti frate

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/14/08 1:26 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much. I've have been given this printer and was told not to expect much as it was "tempormental". I've just finished cleaning the glass and it's up and running and as good as new! Fantastic!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (8/18/08 5:12 PM) reply + / -
My problem seems to go farther than most. I can not print, the scanner doesn't work and now when I hit the copy buttons I see: Copy 1- the display goes blank and the printer restarts then initializes. I could sit here and do it all day if I thought it would eventually work.
I have tries the CANCEL + LEFT ARROW and CANCEL + ENTER but nither helped. Any thoughts other than these things bite?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Matt Perry (8/18/08 5:40 PM) reply + / -
Erm, yours is probably dead :-(

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (10/9/08 3:33 AM) reply + / -
I AM FED UP WITH MY PRINTER, JUST BOUGHT NEW BLACK CARTRIDGE AD MESS WAS CHECK CARTRIDGE. REPLACED WITH NEW, SAID IT WAS ALIGNING AND THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GO. TRIED THE PRESS & HOLD ALL WENT GOOD BUT JUST BOUGHT UP THE SAME, MADE RIGHT NOISES BUT NEVER PRINTED ANYTHING NOW IT IS BACK TO REMOVE & CHECK CARTRIDGES. I AM ABOUT TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW. PLEASE ANY IDEAS. ALSO ALL 3 LIGHTS ARE BLINKING AGAIN. HELP

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Honor Farrell (10/26/08 3:06 AM) reply + / -
My printer suddenly switched off in the middle of a print run. A message on PC said 'printer is off line'. The is no power to the priner and I have checked all leads and sockets. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong and how to fix it? H.F.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by touche (10/26/08 7:49 AM) reply + / -
Hey

If there is no power to the printer, I am guessing it just plain died.

Try moving the printer to another wall socket.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by yurfugly (10/26/08 9:54 AM) reply + / -
im having sort of the same problem every time i try to start it up it shows initializing then goes of and all 3 light start blinking and thats all the action it does

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by bigredgrrrl (11/19/08 6:19 PM) reply + / -
When I turn on my printer, it makes a ratcheting sound over and over. Then it says Press enter to print alignment page. It prints the alignment page and thewhole time it is making the ratcheting sound.

Then I get a scanning error. Scanning failure turn printer off then on again.

HELP is my scanner dead?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (11/19/08 9:10 PM) reply + / -
The constant alignment page may be caused by a missing color in one of the ink cartridges. Verify that ink can flow from the cartridge(s) by blotting the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. You should see all of the colors (three-color cartridge: yellow, magenta, and cyan) that are supposed to be in it flowing freely. If you do not, in spite of ink being in the cartridge it is defective.

See my 7/17/08 5:49 PM post in this thread concerning the scanner error.

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (12/17/08 8:32 PM) reply + / -
You are so right. My 2110 would randomly when powering up sound like the scanner mechanism is jumping gears..."ca-clunk, ca-clunk," etc. I tried the full reset suggested above and took the glass out and cleaned it and now it is working. The star screw requires a #10 size, if you are searching through your tool box. Your instructions above were very helpful as you must remove the control panel to get clear access to everything. The glass did have a haze on it that one couldnt see when looking from the outside in.

Another point about the ink cartridge messages. When I replaced the Office Depot brand of cartridge with a HP unit, my ink cartridges error messages went away. Its like you have to trick it to use the refilled cartridges. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Office Depot locally offers a $2 recycling credit when you turn in your used cartridge. Combine that with a new HP cartridge and the price difference to the refurbed units goes away. It saves an entire afternoon of frustration. Just a thought.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by user100 (12/18/08 8:39 AM) reply + / -
Hi !

Thank you guys for help, I clean the white track below the glass and control unit, printer works ok, before it only making big noise at start and dont go to scan or copy or print.

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (1/14/09 9:04 AM) reply + / -
My 2110 all in one jammed and I not my little boy while trying to remove ink cartridge pulled this out also. I do not know what the scanner assy is. how do you remove the cover. is the cover what is over the glass. If I take that off I see the glass so where do I feed the strip. Printer head assy????????/

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (1/14/09 7:13 PM) reply + / -
I think you are referring to the encoder strip. It is made of thin plastic approximately 1/4" wide and runs the length of the printer. Email me by clicking on the crossed tools to the right of my name and ask the PSC 2110 encoder strip photos.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by asavageeh (2/9/09 8:40 PM) reply + / -
I've worked on almost every pcs there is and found with the HP, There is a nozzle cleaner setup on the rest area where the carriage stops to unload and load cartriges. When the little sled that goes in and out(front to back) under the cartridges, gets covered in ink, the gear mechanism breaks down due to ink absorption into the plastic gears. When the motor in the front of the printer cannot move this nozzle cleaner sled freely any more, all the way down and all the way back again, the printer displays ( CHECK CARTRIGE ) it can be either one or both at the same time. However, sometimes it says replace color or back cartridge ect. You can go buy new cartridges till you run out of money and it still wont work. The problem isn't the cartridge its the nozzle cleaner sled. fix the nozzle cleaner system by repairing the broken plastic gears making sure it moves front and back with ease( I used stick epoxy and then dremeled new teeth in the shaft) Once fixed, wahlah! no more misrepresentation trouble popups! They sure sell alot of ink that way though. people think ( Oh it must be this generic cartridge!) By original. NOPE! still does it. must be because i refilled it. NOPE! Still does it CHECK/REPLACE PRINT CARTRIDGE
Anyway, Now I go straight to that nozzle cleaner sytem and saves myself time and money. Ive got so many good working HP all in ones now I'm giving them away. Really its easy to fix after you do it once.....Yours Truthfully Michael Savage

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Vicki1951 (2/17/09 10:30 AM) reply + / -
The color print cartridge saddle broke off. Can you order another one of these brackets & how hard are they to install? Just looks like pull pin & make sure the spring is not lost put new bracket in place with spring in place & lock down cartridge. I have extra cartridges & would rather not trash the whole system.
Can anyone help?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (2/17/09 2:10 PM) reply + / -
You can only get the part from a scrap printer. Several models used the same part. They are fairly easy to replace. Email me by clicking on the crossed tools to the right of my name and ask for the PSC 2110 cartridge latch replacement photos.

hp deskjet f4272 by Anonymous (3/17/09 12:57 PM) reply + / -
i have just boughta new all in one printer hp desktopf4272 the printer works fine it also copies fine but it wont scan any suggestions

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (4/6/09 6:59 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for the tip. I had been thinking that I had to find some drive gears that were not working, because of the sound. I will try your directions, but I may need so more explicit directions in terms of how to repair the gears. Is it alright to contact you for advice. (I have a HP PSC 2110 that is giving the error message and has a terrible gear-grinding noise). Thanks, Paul Singletary.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (4/18/09 6:25 AM) reply + / -
I have the same exact problem and the partial reset did NOT work. Any other ideas??

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one No Life but Dead? by fcmckay (5/9/09 8:36 PM) reply + / -
My 2110 was working fine. 4 weeks ago, I unplugged and moved it to a safe place while I did some room renos. Today I reassembled my PC and printer and the printer is dead. No LED display. NADA. I've tried a new cable and have read through this thread. Can't believe internal power supply would fail while it was decommissioned! Any suggestions? Re checking output voltages, what am I looking for?? (reference Bert 5/10/08)

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by HTI (6/1/09 6:46 PM) reply + / -
My printer won't work i've tried all reset procedure but no works
My problem is the Ink cartridge cradle go to,left side and stayed there what must i do pls. help

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (6/1/09 8:27 PM) reply + / -
Make sure the encoder strip is connected on both ends. It is made of thin plastic approximately 1/4" (6.4 mm) wide and runs horizontally the width of the printer. Email me by clicking on the crossed tools to the right of my name for reattachment info. Be specific about what you need.

Do a reset by pressing and holding the Cancel and Left Arrow buttons on the Control Panel while plugging in the power.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (6/25/09 9:24 AM) reply + / -
I did the partial reset, and I am still getting the "Warming Up" sign that caused me to seek this website in the first place. I can get neither copies or print outs.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (6/25/09 6:44 PM) reply + / -
See my 7/17/08 5:49 PM post in this thread.

HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (6/29/09 2:50 AM) reply + / -
hey Bert, i got a problem here with my printer...
It turns out that the printer says that the carraige is jam, and I must remove it.
But i dont know what the 'jam' is...
Any help?

Thanks.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (6/29/09 11:54 AM) reply + / -
A carriage jam error is caused by the failure of the carriage to move on the carriage rod. The carriage holds the ink cartridges.

The error can be caused by a jammed service station (far right), a disconnected encoder strip, a paper jam, or lack of lubrication on the carriage rod. The wrong type of lubricant applied to the carriage rod can also cause the error.

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (6/30/09 7:29 PM) reply + / -
Cleaning the inside of the glass worked! THank you!!!!

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one No Life but Dead? by Anonymous (7/1/09 11:31 AM) reply + / -
Am wondering if anyone has any input on this problem?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/4/09 12:50 PM) reply + / -
HUGE thanks to everyone in this thread who's contributed -- I had a classic case of "three LED's blinking, no specific error message, scanner assembly makes a horrible stuttering grinding noise" and looked high and low and found no answer... Till I wound up here (linked from FixYa).

Cleaning the glass worked like a charm!

Also, for those "star" screws, I found a 2.5mm straight screwdriver I had laying around worked just fine.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/5/09 3:58 AM) reply + / -
I still receive jam problem, i opened already the unit and check all the possible cause of this jam but still same problem my HP PSC 2110 some times scan the document but won't feed paper it just feed a little then it return the paper to it's original position I'm wondering if any one has a solution for this problem

thanks in advance guys

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Buffer (7/5/09 11:27 AM) reply + / -
Hello Bert,
My Hp psc 2110 is a Model C8644A. I need a replacement drive belt (which has snapped) for the ink cartridge carriage. I don't know the part number or whether one is available anywhere. I am in the UK. Please can you help?
I have everything stripped down o.k. from info found in the thread so thanks for that. I discovered how the old belt was secured and freed it easily enough so hopefully a little careful fiddling will see a replacement fitted. The alignment strip is a bit dirty; do you have any advice on cleaning it?
Regards, Buffer.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (7/5/09 9:10 PM) reply + / -
Use HP P/N C6426-40115 as a replacement. It is used in the Deskjet 900 Series and is slightly wider. You can get it online.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Buffer (7/16/09 9:36 AM) reply + / -
Hello Bert,
Thanks for reply dated 7/5/09. Before I could make use of your part number I needed to visit to locate the part number of a particular 900 series machine. I then used DeskJet 930C part number C6427A plus your part number to query availability from several UK sources. I have only received one positive reply (from a company I had not approached!)offering a "refurb" belt for over £28 all-in. Bearing in mind that I can buy a new PSC for less than twice this and that I have meantime managed what appears to be an effective repair of the old snapped belt, I politely refused the offer as uneconomic. (If you are interested I will post details of the repair.)

Now I have one further problem which dates from before the belt snap. As with other users in this thread, I get frequent requests to "clear the paper path" when there is definitely no blockage. Please can you identify for me the nature and location of the blockage sensor(s) so that I may try to check it/them out?

Best regards, Buffer.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (7/16/09 2:19 PM) reply + / -
Remove the rear cleanout door. Looking from the rear, the paper sensor is the small lever-like device at the top left between the two large rubber rollers. It should move up and down freely.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Buffer (7/20/09 4:28 AM) reply + / -
Hello again Bert,
Thank you for last reply.
I have looked where you said. Between the second and third rollers (from the left as I look)I see
a) just beyond the top and just to the right of the second roller, a plastic stub about 5mm long projects down - it has a short round peg perhaps 2mm long sticking out from it horizontally to the right - if I press this stub upwards it pivots and I see its T shaped top move with it - movement is about 1mm and quite free with just gravity letting it down again
b) beyond the 2mm round peg and in line with it is a thin piece of plastic (very slightly curved towards me) perhaps 9mm long just hanging down - it will pivot from its top away from me until horizontal and towards me until it touches the underside of the 2mm peg - I can then press it up and move the peg/stub/T up by its 1mm.

Nothing looks broken but piece 'b)' does not look to be of any use as it is. I have not yet stripped the machine to look any further. Have I found your lever? What should it do to inform of a paper jam? Have you any further advice to offer?

Best regards, Buffer.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (7/20/09 4:22 PM) reply + / -
You have indeed found the paper sensor which appears to be working properly mechanically. The actual sensing is done by an optical device that it interacts with, i.e. the lever interrupts an infrared light source that is detected by a photo sensor.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Buffer (7/21/09 6:41 AM) reply + / -
Back again Bert,
Thank you again. I have stripped out the infrared (IR) module. I guess the fault is a failed source(led?) or sensor.Either way, can I put a short-circuit link across two of the board's terminals (or conversely, open-circuit a track) to give the machine the impression that there is permanently no blockage? I guess the 'path clear' situation is with the IR link made i.e. with the blockage lever down. A second guess is that the middle pin on the i/p-o/p socket is the 'zero volt' line and so I could imitate 'clear' by putting put a short (or lowish value resistor, say 500 or 1000 ohm) across 0V to the sensor's other terminal.....but which is the sensor? Please can you put me right before I just guess? I have to do something because it will not let me print at all now.

A puzzle is that 9mm curved plastic strip that just hangs down. It seems to be the wrong side of the sensing lever to push this up if there is a blockage (the paper going round the roller 'in at the bottom' and out 'at the top'... or what am I not understanding?

Secondly, the machine started chattering this morning and now is grinding when the ink cartridge carriage is at the far left (seen from paper feed tray). That clear(ish) plastic strip is properly in place across the machine behind the carriage run and does not look dirty and my belt repair is still holding.. Any ideas please?

Best regards, Buffer.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (7/21/09 7:52 PM) reply + / -
Wiring around the optical sensor will cause other problems, e.g. when a print job begins the printer is expecting paper to trip the sensor within a certain period of time.

I don't have a printer at this time to consult concerning the 9mm piece. All I can say will any level of authority is the following: When the printer is expecting paper to feed and it does not, the assumption is made that the paper tray is empty because the printer has no direct method of detecting paper in the tray. In this case the paper sensor acts as a pseudo paper out sensor. When the printer finishes a print job and the paper sensor is still tripped the paper feed rollers will turn momentary in an attempt to eject the paper. If they cannot a paper path error is generated. Also, if you unplug the power while a print job is in progress, the first thing the printer will do on power up is attempt to eject the paper. Again if it cannot a paper path error is generated. There are mechanical scenarios such as too much drag on the feed rollers that can be interpreted as a paper path error. This can be literally true or the printer has failed in some way that causes the electronics to be fooled.

Make sure that the encoder strip is threaded through the optical sensor on the backside of the cartridge carriage. Also verify that the encoder strip is connected on both ends. Together the sensor and encoder strip tell the printer where the carriage is. Various errors occur when the carriage is 'lost'.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Buffer (7/24/09 5:37 AM) reply + / -
Hello again Bert,
This is a long one so if I am overloading the system please tell me ( my wife says I'm obsessed to no good end).
Thanks for 27/7/09 reply. All info absorbed. The machine is now stripped with scanner/control by it and fully connected. The top-down optical sensor is taped so machine can print and I can see what is happening.
The 'carriage jam' sensor is fine. o/p is 0.44V with no paper, 3.1V with paper (paddle up and in the slot). More detail if you wish.
The encoder strip is fine, clean (dilute dish-wash and lint-free cloth)and properly in place - doing its job.
The bad grinding noise and the fast 'rat-a-tat-tatting' noise both come from the print roller drive gear train. I cleaned the clear numbered disc (same as encoder). What should it be doing? Does it have a pre-set position? With no better guess, tried setting it to '12 at 12 o'clock' as a start (did this by turning the print roller in reverse - movement was easy). This may have been pointless because it has since never stopped in the same place twice! However, since doing it, the bad grinding (gears jumping as if on overload) has not recurred.
The second noise looks as if it occurs when a blank sheet paper feed fails. This happened a few times in the following tests.

The machine will print but effectively only one sheet at a time.
(Abbrev'ns for test results: 'stopsME = ink carriage stops at motor end - 'init' = initialising - 'blank' = blank sheet feed - 'CCJ' = clear carriage jam [I just press enter] - SLHS = scanner lamp homing slowly - '+' = two of the above happening together).

I set for 2 copies, fast, and press black each time. Two typical sequences follow.

1. prints 1/ stopsME/ init/ blank/ init+SHLS/ invites 1copy
2. prints 1/ stopsME/ CCJ/ blank/ stopsME/ CCJ/ prints 2/ invites 1 copy (OR the second CCJ is replaced by init and no second copy).

I get a run of type 1 or a run of type 2.

Does anything useful come to mind?

Best regards, Buffer.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (7/24/09 6:37 PM) reply + / -
The encoder disk on the left has no preset position but rather self-calibrates. Check the cables going to optical sensor board associated with the disk. Also make sure that the disk is bonded to the large gear.

I'm wondering if the shift plate has an issue. In that case listen to your wife. The link below shows the shift plate (gear cluster) used in a similar print mechanism.
http://partsurfer.hp.com

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (7/24/09 11:34 PM) reply + / -
In my HP PSC 2110 i have the same problem, but i already eliminated the noise in the scanner by by cleaning
Now my only problem is my printer is not printing it just feed paper for about an inch then it return it back

somebody please help

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Robkit (8/11/09 4:37 PM) reply + / -
Been getting the "three LED's blinking, no specific error message, scanner assembly makes a horrible stuttering grinding noise" problem that many here have had. The scanner starts initialization, seems to recognize the "home-strip" when it gets there (it makes a different noise and pauses for a second), but then starts scanning again and begins the stuttering/grinding.

I have tried partial and full resets, and have removed and cleaned the glass multiple times, but the problem remains unchanged.

Anything else I should try?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by mmalone (8/13/09 8:29 AM) reply + / -
I was able to solve this problem by replacing both the black (56) and color (57) print cartridges. When the aligment page prints you should see both yellow bars and black/gray bars. If you don't see the yellow bars then you need a color (57) cartridge. As soon as I did this I was able to do the alignment and got the "Alignment Complete" meesage. Note: When I tried to do the alignment using the black/gray only alignment page (before replacing the color cartridge) I got the message "Alignment page not detected."

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (9/27/09 11:08 PM) reply + / -
Thank You paul for the fix on those silly alignment messages!

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (10/27/09 6:56 PM) reply + / -
Thank you M&R for your post on 9/01/05. I was having the same problem. I finally tried you suggestion of replacing the color cartridge and it worked!

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Buffer (10/28/09 11:02 AM) reply + / -
Hi Bert,
Sorry to be so tardy in replying. I think you are right and that there is a shift plate issue. I tried both partial and full resets and now have no printing at all. Because I have the long term loan of another psc (equivalent) my 2110 is put to one side until I find time to do some serious dismantling. I will do this eventually just out of stubborn interest but have many other calls on my time/energy and no time scale! I will post again eventually to let you know one way or the other.
Regards, Buffer.

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Puzzled Printer (12/1/09 6:32 PM) reply + / -
This is a great thread and has some useful tips. . . I hope someone can help me. I have tried full resets / partial resets / clucking like a chicken. All to no avail.

Here are the facts
1) Black ink cartridge was refilled with Ontel Universal Inkjet Refill Kit.
2) The printer software shows that there is ink in the black (and tri-color) cartridges.
3) It (the printer) requests a 'pen alignment' I follow steps but the printed 'test pattern' has no black ink on it so when I place it on the glass it does not recognize the page.

It is stuck in this pen alignment mode and will not let me scan (which I need to do) BUT - I can print.
SO - I print a test page and it looks a little 'light', I pull the tri-color and print a test page and no black ink is squirting.

Any ideas?

Should I not be so darn cheap and go buy a new 56 cartridge?

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Bert (12/1/09 8:09 PM) reply + / -
In spite of the cartridge being reported as has having ink, the ink may not be coming out of the nozzles. Blot the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times of two seconds. You should see ink flowing freely.

In spite of the cartridge being reported as has having ink, the ink may not be coming out of the nozzles. Blot the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times of two seconds. You should see ink flowing freely.

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (1/9/10 7:38 AM) reply + / -
I like you have had the printer for 5 -6 years. I have 3 blinking lights Did you manage to cure this problem?

I'm desperate to get it fixed.

Re: Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (1/9/10 12:17 PM) reply + / -
I ended up buying a new black cartridge and everything works now.

Try doing the resets mentioned above and if that doesn't fix it try uninstalling and re-installing the software.

Good Luck!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by kjr04 (1/11/10 7:30 PM) reply + / -
I am having problems with my printer printing magenta. It was printing fine. I put a new color cartridge in and it produces a yellow/green faded picture. No magenta prints on a test. I took the cartridge back, got a new one and it is the same. Are these things prepared in 'batches' and this is perhaps a dud batch that this guy has in stock. All 3 colors do not show when pressed to papertowel. There is no magenta.

Thanks

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (1/12/10 6:19 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for posting all of the different reset options. Semi reset fixed mine!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by heralva97 (1/12/10 6:24 PM) reply + / -
Try to replace your cartridge

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by gocalbears (1/15/10 6:17 PM) reply + / -
the printer prints normally, but due to a fall, the ink cartridges won't slide out when the cover is opened. is there any way to fix this, or at least force the cartridges out so that they can be replaced?

Re: Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (1/16/10 11:25 AM) reply + / -
I just held down the left button and the cancel button like you said and it totally printed everything i had tried to print within the last month!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by Anonymous (1/26/10 7:38 PM) reply + / -
The info on this site is great!!! I have now been able to go through the reset procedures, get inside the printer and clean the glass and mirror and clean up the ink cartridges and carriage.I now have a restored six + year old printer.Thanks for your help because I was clueless as to what to do!!!

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by klamour (3/30/10 1:08 PM) reply + / -
Hello, I cannot find the instruction book which came with our HP, I need to find out if it will print poster size images. The kind where the photo is divided into several A4 size panels.
I certainly appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks
Klamour

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by mimian (8/23/10 10:06 PM) reply + / -
I have a HP psc 2110 All-in-one since 2005. It has been working fine most of the times, except for some paper jams or adjustments problems. Now when I want to print something its not pulling the paper and the machine shows "copying". I've reset the printer but still not working. Does anyone has any idea what is wrong with it?! Thanks in advance

Re: HP psc 2110 All-in-one by wyomingsage (6/20/12 10:33 AM) reply + / -
These posts are awesome--you fixed my hp 2110 printer! The scanning bar was stuck at the far right side of the machine and wouldn't move. It also kept making a loud repeating clicking sound, like it wanted to move but wouldn't. A reset fixed the problem (holding enter and cancel at the same time, then applying power). Repairman over the phone told me he could take a look at it for $85. Couldn't get through to hp for help. After reading these posts, I was able to fix it in less than a minute. My sincere thanks and gratitude--you are a lifesaver!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters