fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Gina (5/13/04 1:16 PM) reply + / -
Help!!!
Our Epson CX3200 is showing an 'Error Paper Jam - Press the colour copy button and clear the paper jam by hand if necessary' message. Unfortunately there is NO paper jam and having followed all the instructions in the manual we have found no sane or obvious reason for it displaying the message. Is there anyway to get it to stop sulking??!!?

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Denny Conway (5/13/04 2:19 PM) reply + / -
Gina: If you had a bad jam, that you had to forcefully remove, prior to getting that error message, then its possible that a Paper Jam Sensor may have been damaged in doing so. Its also possible that you could even have a Hardware/Parts Failure, but no way to really know. I'm sorry, but the "CX" series are so new that I have not even worked on one yet, so I'm not really framiliar with them. If your Epson Printer is still under its origional one year Factory Warranty, then you can simply call "Epson Technical Support" and talk directly with a technician trained by Epson on your particular model of printer and they may be able to help you over the phone. To see available phone numbers for technical support, go on-line to Epson @ " www.epson.com ", or call the Epson Automated Support Locator @ 1-800-442-2110 [press 1, then 1 & following prompts]. If they are unable to help you, then you can call the "Epson Customer Relations Department", at 1-562-276-1311. Epson offers a Whole Unit Exchange, when the printer is still under warranty and that department can process the claim for you. They will send you a replacement printer, delivered to your house, in exchange for your defective unit. If your printer is out of warranty, then you will have to have a credit card to talk to the technical support department, because there is a charge involved. You can also e-mail the "Epson Technical Support Department", for possible help or advice, at www.epson.com and then click-on "Proceed With E-Mail". They state on their web-site, that they "will respond via e-mail within 1 business day"...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Gina (5/14/04 1:54 PM) reply + / -
My brother 'tinkered' with the printer and managed to cajole it into working. I feel the answer to my problems was probably fairly obvious but in his own words here's what he did....
"Managed to fix the printer in the end. Turned out that the ink cartridges have to be aligned to the far right and for some reason they had moved to the far left. Just moved them back across and then gave the printer a clean and nozzle check and it was working fine."
Cheers for all the advice though ;o)

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Denny Conway (5/14/04 2:48 PM) reply + / -
Gina: Congratulations! All that really matters, is that you and your brother managed to get your printer to work again and thats what counts...Denny Conway

Re: Epson CX3200 'paper jam': Stuck feed platen? by Anonymous (4/16/05 3:57 PM) reply + / -
This is great! I've had good luck with the CX3200 and am ready to go back to Epson Inks for the water-fast and clogproofing properties.
So naturally I had one of those jams where stuff fell into the feed and a quick shutdown and slow pull out the back caused 'paper jam' messages.
Where would that 'paper jam sensor' happen to be, anyhow? I can't see it, not least because I have to (tell me if it ain't so, please) take off the little sticker under the scanner to unplug that bit and get at the screw holding the clamshell together.

Doing the 'head clean' was successful but it wouldn't do the 'alignment check' because it couldn't feed the necessary paper in. Perhaps it's the jam sensor, but I only ever get the 'paper out' message. Also, the feed platen never advances towards the rubber feed cam, and the cam never moves to try and pull stuff in.

Thanks for any clues.

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Denny Conway (4/19/05 5:41 PM) reply + / -
Anonymous: I'm sorry, but I have never taken the newer "CX" models apart, for in-depth troubleshooting. Epson does not actually train their "Authorized Service Dealers" on the newer lines of printers, so I don't actually know. On the older series of ink jet printers, that paper jam sensor is deep inside the printer and requires quite a bit of actual disassembly to get to. Looking at the newer models, I would guess that it requires even more disassembly and the need for an actual Service Manual for reference in that disassembly and troubleshooting...Just to let you know: Manuals 4 You, located at http://www.manuals4you.com , has posted on this printer repair site, that they have Service Manuals and Service Programs available for download on all the Epson Printers. However, you will have to check with them directly on your particular models and costs involved...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Anonymous (6/30/06 8:14 AM) reply + / -
I have a cx 3200 multi function printer,had it since 2004.
up till recently working 100%,my son had dropped something down in the feeder tray,(unknown to me)when i tryed to print had error message of a jam.so removed jammed paper,tryed again,and again but each time the paper was pulling down at an angle on left hand side resulting in paper jam again.switched off machine,left it a while reloaded paper,
Now as soon as it's switched on the error light comes on saying press colour button to release jam yet nothing is in the printer.paper wont even feed in to print anything anyway.after searching for an answer on the web,still none the wiser on what or how to fix it.can anyone advise a solution?

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by willyo (12/9/07 9:02 AM) reply + / -
I had a paper jam in my printer and mistake I pulled the paper out the feed tray and now it kept giving me error message and the red light. Please , help me.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Anonymous (2/27/08 9:25 AM) reply + / -
be prepared for some fiddely maintenance. disconect & unscrew everything to get to the inards of the beast. once you have got the outer shell off, from the back you need to pop off a white plastic cog thing (i suspect it helps feeds the paper in) remember its orientation its difficult to get back, behind it is a twin sensor, delicately clean it & everything else for that matter, re-assemble & hope, well it worked for me.

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by chrisgod (8/15/08 2:54 AM) reply + / -
Yet ANOTHER Epson Paper Jam problem! BUT thanks to all the above respondents using the info on the page at least helped me to get INSIDE the printer! BUT Not able to rectify the problem. Naughty as I have at present some 62 ink tanks for this printer!! And I can confidently say having had a problem with no less than 3 Epson printers this last month! (895/DX4500/DX4400x2) I for one will certainly NOT be buying another Epson printer!! CHEAP printers?? YES!! Only 25 for a DX4400 at Asda this week! BUT with problems etc. and cost of INK??!! NO MORE!! I'll stick to my HP11oo business printer, 5 years young (And a refurb to boot!) And still doing what it is supposed to do! Although have to say the Epson staff are pretty good. (Scott wave one!) There hands are tied to a script!
But good luck people!!

Chris

PS Anyone want a LARGE paperweight????

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Anonymous (4/21/09 5:01 PM) reply + / -
i had a paper jam and i pulled out the paper and lock off the computer .i wanted to print a picture and it is not printing .what should i do ,please help me

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Anonymous (4/21/09 5:48 PM) reply + / -
There is a clutch on the paper feed. When you pull the paper out from the back you can break the clutch. You will need to replace the clutch to fix the printer.

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Anonymous (8/8/09 7:39 AM) reply + / -
I bought a Epson Stylus CX4450 and it has jammed every time I have tried to print a document. The paper loads about half way and then jams. I hit the Color Photo button to eject the paper but nothing happens. I always have to pull the paper out. There is nothing on the sheet of paper and it comes out in one piece. What is even more strange is that every time I do a nozzle check or alignment check it will load and print just fine. Can anyone please help?

Re: Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by Anonymous (9/27/09 11:23 PM) reply + / -
I call service centre and give them money to repair my printer

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by markhoran (12/7/09 12:57 PM) reply + / -
I'm having problems with mine too ! its making a loud clanking noise like the printer head hitting the right hand side of the printer, some times it prints ok, other times the print is to one side of the page, any idea's on fixing it ? there seems to be a spring holding the ink well, would that be stretched/weak from use ?

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by James Mcc (7/10/10 10:38 PM) reply + / -
I have an epson durabrite tx300f. It reads paper jam when no paper jam exists. It printed one piece of paper then refused to print another. The first page printed perfectly. HELP.. I can't use my printer or fax!!

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200 error paper jam by James Mcc (7/10/10 10:40 PM) reply + / -
I have bought 4 printers in the last 3 years... They only ever last for about 8 months. I only use them occasionally.... Anyone know a decent printer to buy coz this is getting expensive!!

Epson Stylus t10 feeding error... by jess_pablo (9/28/11 8:26 PM) reply + / -
hi there! can anyone help me how to fix my Epson t10.. the printer indicates that there's no paper or not loaded correctly. how do i fix the problem?

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters