fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Lexmark X1100

Post a new message thread

Lexmark X1100 by Deangela Brooks (5/9/04 11:17 AM) +4 + / -
I was connected to my printer and i've been able to use it prior to now. But now i have no connection at all i have a lexmark x1100 series-all-in-one printer and i'm using a windows xp computer. I don't understand what has happened. Can someone please help. I've disconnected and reconnected the wires still nothing.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Brandon (5/11/04 3:26 PM) +4 + / -
Sorry but i'm having problems aswell. I've recently brought the Lexmark x1100 after an accident with the old printer. You see I had a power surge and the printer just stopped working. All the activity lights kept flashing and the computer kept saying that the printer was not connected properly. When I setup the Lexmark x1100 I still got the same problem. Only difference is this time I can scan, but still not print. Also i keep receiving a message saying that not all my drivers are installed. I've been using the cd.

Any information will be great. Thank You.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (5/13/04 4:16 PM) + / -
Hi, am I glad it is not just me!
I just purchased this printer all in one, and it has not yet printed a page. The power button keeps on flashing, and I get a message, you are not connected right.
I emailed Lexmark, 4 days ago, but they have not yet responded.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Lofton15316 (5/16/04 3:17 PM) + / -
Did any of you tried to download the drivers from the lexmark site. I just got my printer and it works fin

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Grant Kilgour (5/23/04 5:23 AM) + / -
My girlfriends family have a problem with theirs printing but not scanning or copying. The printer/scanner both come up as new hardware every single time that the computer is started up but no amount of installing helps this. The installation always fails. I also can't uninstall them. Anyone know how to? They say they need windows to be restarted before they'll be able to be uninstalled. Anyone know if the new drivers will fix this? I think the ones shipped are about 3 years old, so hopefully. lol. but we're running on a 56k and can't be on the net for too long, so does anyone know their size?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by phyllis bradley (6/3/04 12:52 AM) + / -
hi i also am having trouble with my lexmark allin one a computer guy has been trying to install it for me for two days and still cant fix it he has tried to uninstall and re install but the printer keeps telling me there is some printing to be done before it can be uninstalled again but it wont print anyway havent used it as yet is it anything to do with the fact that its got all the components on one article

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/8/04 2:49 PM) + / -
can any one help : how do i de-activate my fax
on my X1150 series all in one. if the phone
rings and my pc is switched on all hell lets
loose over the phone as it is trying to fax me
but i cannot disable the fax facility : help.

regards,
mike.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by becky (6/14/04 8:17 PM) + / -
well i see that i am the only one not having problems with this printer has anyone got their printer fixed yet if so please let me know i really have a lot of printing to do in the next day or so thank you very much becky

Re: Lexmark X1100 by John (6/19/04 7:42 AM) + / -
Hello,
I'm also having problems. A while ago, it used to work, but when I used it again, it could only print, not scan or copy, so I had it uninstalled. Now when I try to reinstall it, it says it's not hooked up properly, thus won't let me reinstall it. I checked all the cables, according to the manual and everything is hooked up, but it keeps giving me the same message. The only other possible reason it gives is that the cable is damaged, but I don't want to think so, because I don't want to go buy another one of these printers that I've only had for several months. Can anyone give me some help to this? Thanks.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by zWaR (6/22/04 5:10 AM) +3 + / -
john, on the Lexmark ohp i found a patch that fixs the problem with scanning on x1150, but i think it will work for the whole x1100 series.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Patty (6/27/04 1:34 PM) + / -
I moved my computer to another room and installed everything the same way as before, but my cpu keeps telling me there is no printer installed. I checked the hook-ups, and it is all hooked up. i even unhooked everything and hooked it back up and tried to reinstall the disc and no luck can somebody help me please?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Dawn (7/1/04 8:36 PM) + / -
I'm having the same problem. My computer says the printer isn't installed right or that there is no printer hooked up. I spent 1/2hour on the phone with a LexMark person that barely spoke English, that kept telling me to go through the whole cable/uninstall/yada yada yada that I had already told her didn't work. She told me my USB cable was bad. I've tried 2 different ones and it still doesn't work. I'm going to try the patch zWaR suggested. I'll let you know if it works.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by StraponXG (7/6/04 6:09 AM) + / -
never bother with ppl on support, unless there's no other option. they tend to be comlete tards.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Dawn (7/6/04 11:38 AM) + / -
I tried the patch on the website and it didn't help. My computer keeps telling me it isn't configured right, but everything looks right. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Tim (7/12/04 11:33 AM) + / -
the cd kept saying that the printer wasn't connected, but if you go to add new hardware in control panel and set it up manually it works fine, mine has no problems at all now though it did have me confused for a while

Re: Lexmark X1100 by steph (7/15/04 2:54 PM) + / -
I am glad I came here and found out that a lot of people are having the same problem with this printer. Has anyone figured anything out yet?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by StraponXG (7/16/04 5:43 AM) + / -
I think no-one else should post here unless they have something constructive to say. I keep getting e-mails saying there's new postings here and I think sum1 might have figured it out, but it's always that sum1 else has got the same problem. so....

!!! PLEASE DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE A SOLUTION !!!

(that was un capitals so ppl browsing get drawn to it, i'm not shouting at anyone, sorry if you were offended)

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/20/04 5:20 PM) +1 + / -
I have a Lexmark X1150. I've had it since May. Today I changed the color cartridge and the thing now refuses to print color. The ink comes out until the cartridge is placed in the carrier, then nothing. Anybody got any ideas how to fix this problem? Please email me at micmar@datalinkok.com, as I have never figured out how to access the replys on this board.
Thank You, Nannie

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Copper7op (7/21/04 3:24 AM) + / -
I work for Lexmark tech support, and I'd like to think I'm not a complete idiot as some people put it. The best thing to do is to call tech support, and pray that you get someone in Canada. We have a center in India, and they dont know jack $hit, but the center in Cananda knows what their doing. Most of these issues I could fix in about 15min on the phone.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by shawnado1132d (7/22/04 10:37 PM) + / -
then y dont u fix them now? give us some things we could do.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by paul (7/25/04 12:10 PM) + / -
is the usb cabie difrunt to enthing els

Re: Lexmark X1100 by copper7op (7/25/04 1:34 PM) +2 + / -
I dont fix them now because there is SO much that varies in each cirumstance. Here are the BASIC steps to fixing a software problem
1) Unplug the USB cable from the back of the PC
2) Ensure there are no print jobs in the que. If there are, remove them.
3) Run the uninstaller included on the CD by right clicking on the second ? in the X1100 series cd popup
4) if you cant find that, click Start\All programs \ Lexmark X1100\ Uninstall
5) wait till its all finished, then click "Exit without rebooting" or something to that effect
6) Click start \ run and type " regedit " without the quote marks
7) Click the plus sign beside HKEY_Local_Machine
8) under that, click the plus sign beside System
9) under that, click the plus sign beside CurrentControlSet
10) under that, click the plus sign beside ENUM
11)under that, click the plus sign beside USB
12) Right click on USB and go to permissions
13) grant Everybody Full Control, then click apply, then OK
14) look for VID_043D_PIDxxxx (where xxx is wild card) and delete them. (right click, delete)
15) Close the regedit and reboot
THE USB CABLE SHOULD STILL BE UNPLUGGED
16)boot back into windows, and remove the Lexmar CD and put it back in (so that we get the auto-run)
17) click install, and the next\next\ next until it says "search results - no printer attached"
18) Plug in the USB
19) Cancel all the Add New Hard Ware windows that come up.
20) return to the Lexmark program and finish the install.

If this DOESNT work, do the same thing, EXCEPT skip step 19.

Or just call tech support. Thats what there there for.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by violet (7/26/04 2:54 PM) + / -
Re fixing my Lexmark so it will print those directions above are the dumbiest I have heard.Mine quite work- after replace--- a color
tube[ and yes I do know how to do it] I have tried all the direct--- in the manual and nothing works. So what does a poor old lady do -and no I'm not stupid !!!!
There is no tech handy in this area =- why do you think I'm using a comput at my age.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (8/1/04 9:08 AM) + / -
I have a Mac iBook O/S 9.2. My computer keeps telling me that it cannot read the installation software. When I try downloading from the net, the computer screen freezes. There is nothing wrong with the cd - my partner has a pc and it works fine. What should I do?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (8/4/04 11:39 PM) + / -
EVERYONE, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IF YOU ALL HAVE YOUR WARRANTY U GIVE TECH SUPPORT A RING AND THEY WILL GIVE U A NEW ONE FOR FREE

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (8/6/04 8:12 AM) +1 + / -
I'm trying to install my lexmark x1100 printer but my son broke the installation cd will someone please help me I can't find nothing to download and get it to work

Re: Lexmark X1100 by angel (8/15/04 6:57 PM) +3 + / -
hi
can anyone help i have a lexmark 1100 i can send faxes but not recieve can anyone tell me what the problem is

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Andrea (8/24/04 5:36 PM) + / -
Connection failure error message? any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Kelvin Lofton (8/25/04 12:44 AM) + / -
Hello a few of you have email me in the past about sending you the drivers i have to you, im sorry it is not possible to do that but there is good news here is the direct links you could download the drivers from lexmark <A HREF="www.lexmark.com Download</A>

If you cant click the link then copy and paste this script www.lexmark.com#

Good luck
www.xanga.com/lem

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Kelvin Lofton (8/25/04 12:45 AM) + / -
Hello a few of you have email me in the past about sending you the drivers i have to you, im sorry it is not possible to do that but there is good news here is the direct links you could download the drivers from lexmark <A HREF="www.lexmark.com Download</A>

Good luck
www.xanga.com/lem

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Kelvin Lofton (8/25/04 12:45 AM) + / -

Good luck
www.xanga.com/lem

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (8/25/04 5:20 AM) + / -
I have just bought a Lexmark 1100. It scans and copies fine, my problem is my PC doesn't "see" as a printer so i cannot print letters from MS word, or excel, which is one reason why i bought it. AM i being stupid or should it be able to perform these functions

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (8/26/04 8:58 AM) + / -
it cant do

Re: Lexmark X1100 by KELLY (9/1/04 7:12 AM) + / -
hi there! Umm were having a problem with our printer. It not printing all the way half the top of the sentences in other words theres lines with no ink!! Please help me!!!

Re: Lexmark X1150 by Tony (9/3/04 11:11 PM) + / -
Same as everyone else here- Prints like it si supposed to but when I hit aquire or scan it says "...unsuccessful..." Tech support is open 9-to 9 eastern time, says the recording on the phone- The system worked absolutely fine until just now..

Re: Lexmark X1100 by chirs333 (1/5/05 9:51 AM) + / -
My printer was woring fine till the other day the only thing i have changed is the startup list but i have redone what i disabled in start up and still no luck my GCSE coursework is due in in 3 days and i need the printer to work if anyone has any ideas of how to try and get it to work i would be very grateful also i have tried many of the ways to fix it still no luck
also when i goto add new printer and locate lexmark drivers it installs then gives me the 'Lexmark software agreement' it freezes and wont let me press ok to complete setup this meaning it wont install

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Rosanne (1/5/05 10:38 AM) + / -
My Lexmark X1100 will not print anything from a website but I can print my documents that I generate. I have tried everything. Help. Does this happen if the ink cartriges are low?

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by alex (1/11/05 3:17 PM) + / -
go to the lexmark website and download the patch http://downloads.lexmark.com 98&target=

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/19/05 8:10 PM) + / -
hi! i have had this printer all-in-1 lexmark x1150 for it seems ever now but few days ago my computer had a virus and all my files got corrupted, i had to uninstall everything but the only problem is that the installation cd got misplaced. I looked everywhere on the net to find a replacement of this cd but cannot find any. what do i do? and i lost the warranty too.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by cheryl jones (1/24/05 11:17 AM) + / -
i have a lexmark printer -coppier scanner
have had for a few years now it wont do any thing it still runs but it is not printing from the computer and it wont copy HELP!!!
THANK YOU

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (2/26/05 3:33 PM) + / -
This may be a dumb question , well here goes............Have you checked your ink cartridges ? If so I do apologize if not maybe most definately that is your problem .

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (2/26/05 7:27 PM) + / -
there is no Lexmark x1100 driver to select if you can tell me where to find it elsewhere I'd gladly do it.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by james laughton (3/2/05 7:26 AM) + / -
these printers are shite never a lex again

Re: Lexmark X1100 by dandace (3/14/05 10:13 AM) + / -
Here's a new problem...I'm not sure what has happened, but my PC will not read the printer any longer. I tried to uninstall and reinstall. The problem is that it won't uninstall!!! It keeps saying that I have to wait for it to stop printing before I can uninstall. I unplugged everything, and still the same. PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Cheesy (3/20/05 10:40 AM) + / -
OK i have the same problem as some other people here. The problem is i have connected all the cables up correctly and done everything it has told me to do but when i put the lexmark cd in it says tht there is no connection so i have tried it in othere USB slots. So if someone knows how to do it manually on windows XP please e-mail meon

cheesy_2010@msn.com thanx :)

Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (3/24/05 2:40 AM) + / -
If u get any problem with LEXMARK PRODUCT just let know and i will post the solution. :-)

Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (3/24/05 2:42 AM) + / -
PLZ just give more information about OS, CPU, RAM, USB cable lenght, and the printer model too.
chaoukielyacoubi@gmail.com

Re: Lexmark X1100 Colour Printer by ernest_choofy (3/30/05 5:10 AM) + / -

I've a missing dll: LXZUSDRV.GPD which is requ'd to install the printer on our PC with OS XP

Can anyone provide a copy of the CD-software?
Please

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 Colour Printer by thetroubleshooter (4/1/05 1:22 AM) + / -
You can click on the link below to download the latest driver version from the web site the try to install your printer.

http://www.downloaddelivery.com/srfilecache/CJXP1100EN.exe

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 Colour Printer by Anonymous (4/3/05 7:24 AM) + / -
thanks for your immeasurable help

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 Colour Printer by thetroubleshooter (4/4/05 12:10 AM) + / -
No problemos ;-)

Lexmark X1100 printing on lan by Juan Carlos Tognini (4/6/05 2:13 PM) + / -
I have e problem printing with xp on lan
Someone can tell me some ?
from xp to win┤98

thanks
J. Carlos

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Cheesy (4/7/05 11:40 AM) + / -
Ok if your printer is not fetected when you have connected it all up here is the solution it has worked on every lexmark with the same problem so to solve it restart your computer keep preesing the Delete key until you get into the BIOS once the go to ______ Periphrals
then make sure USB is enbled if not move down to it clik ener then enable it then clik Escape and then go to save changes. then it shood work have fun printing all :)

Re: Lexmark X1100 by wandini (4/7/05 7:28 PM) + / -
HELP, it's so frustrating I have the same problem I am also running XP. I had it installed previously, then I had an adware issue and allof of a sudden the printer portion isn't working, then nothing is working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and now I receive errors like "Specific module could not be found" and "C:windows/system32/autoexec/nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications". also when i try to add remove programs I don't show it as being installed yet in program files it quite present and not deletable!! Help anyone. Lastly I have checked my USB ports and my drivers even downloaded the nonsense from the Lexmark website and Microsoft.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (4/8/05 7:44 AM) + / -
To fix this problem just copy the file autoexec.nt you will find it on c:\windows\repaire then and paste it on your system32 folder .

Try to install again and it will work fine.

If u don't find the file on the repaire file you have to expand it from the instalation CD-Rom (XP)

from the CMD prompt:
TYPE THIS:

expand d:\I386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt

Re: Lexmark X1100 printing on lan by thetroubleshooter (4/8/05 7:47 AM) + / -
Just install the printer on Win98 then install it on the XP OS.
if u try to acces the printer from the LAN from win98 it will be too hard cause you will need the permissin to acces your XP operation system cause it's a secure system .

TO fix this problem you have to activate the invite acount in your XP OS.
then try to acces the printer.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by wandini (4/8/05 8:40 AM) +1 + / -
How?? What is XP OS? LAN?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/8/05 9:36 AM) + / -
Great so far so good. I was able to install my fax and scanner which is a major improvement from the nothing that was happening before,unfortunatley my printer will not install, the driver is is the problem? Help!!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by cheesy (4/8/05 12:37 PM) + / -
OK tht happened to me u will just need to uninstall all the lexmark priter software files and reinstall them and it shood come up an agreement thing at the end so dont close tht window it wont come bak up just acceptit then it shood sat lexmark printer enabled or sumthin like tht then on u go printing if not then i dont know

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/10/05 11:56 AM) + / -
My lexmark printer works. If I want to scan it says open up the all-in-i=one section but its not there. I go to start, then programmes and it offers me 3 choices 1-solution centre, 2-read me and 3- uninstall. So how do i open up the all-in-one section that it tells me to. I have unistalled it and tried again. Can anyone help?

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (4/11/05 12:30 AM) +1 + / -
type this on NOTEpade

reg add "HKLM\Software\lexmark\X1100 Series\AIO" /v ApplistSize /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

save the text document as lexmark.reg

then open the file (Double click)
REboot your Pc
try to open again the ALL in one center

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (4/11/05 12:32 AM) + / -
PLZ give more information if you want to get solution

Re: Lexmark X1100 by wandini614 (4/11/05 1:30 PM) + / -
the all-in-one seems to be partially installed. I downloaded teh print driver from lexmark and tried to install it. WHen it tries to install it asks me to plug in the printer. This is weird since the computer detects the scanner, but not the printer. Then microsoft add new hardware wizard always pops up with "new Hardware detected Lexmark 1100 series. I am so confused. I spoke with te lexmark and they are sending me a new printer. But i don't think that 's the problem.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (4/12/05 12:11 AM) + / -
YES i agree with you can you give me wich operating system do you have ?

if you the windows add wizard you have just the place the LEXMARK CD-Rom on the CD-Rom reader then click on next then windows will start searching for driver and it will install it automaticly.

IF it didn't work try an advanced instalation and type in the path name : c:\windwos\inf, shearch on CD-Rom too.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/12/05 12:21 AM) + / -
Hi everybody,

the problm has been resolved.

Thank you for your immeasurable help and goodfellowship.

Thanks very much again

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (4/12/05 12:39 AM) + / -
No problemos...... :-)

Re: Lexmark X1100 by cheesy (4/12/05 5:50 AM) + / -
i dont know if i helped any but if i did no preblem at all :)

Re: Lexmark X1100 by helpplease (4/12/05 10:29 PM) +1 + / -
Hi, my lexmark X1100 is just one year and a month old. one of the lid of the cartridge carrier was broken couple of month ago. anything I can do instead of threwing the printer away? Thanks for your help.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/12/05 11:57 PM) + / -

printer installation

1.connect the printer to u r terminal
2.windows icons it shows (found nnew hardware)
3.install the software for printer
4.restart the system.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by cheesy (4/13/05 11:29 AM) + / -
can u not go somewhere to get it fixed? search the internet for anywhere local to see if not i wood recommend if its not on warranty to just get an epson printer they are cheaper for ink cartridges and just as good if not better.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Rowley Samuels Jr. (4/13/05 4:19 PM) + / -
I don't have the disk to reinstall my prenter I have a Lexmark X
1100 or is there a way to reinstall it without the disk

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/20/05 7:31 AM) + / -
I have a lexmark 1100 all in one printer. I'm able to print fine, but as I went to scan some random thing, the scanner seemed to start to scan then reset and it began this clicking noise. I went to lexmark.com support center and they told me to dl a patch that should help, I did and ran it and restarted my compy after the update successful prompt but I still have the same problem. Please help ~__~, I need to SCAN!! The printer is working fine though.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/20/05 1:35 PM) + / -
I've read many articles relating to the same problem I'am experiencing; I am not alone thank God. Believe it or not I purchased mine at Wal-Mark they are not allowing you to trade it in either. I spoke with one of the Lexmark represenative he only took me through a lot of troubleshooting that I had already done. This situation is so not fair.My printer is not a year old yet. Please respond if you know or find out any thing about this situation. I have so much work I must complete as well. We have been sold a piece of junk. some kind of ALL-IN-One printer.Something need to be done about this mess.

Alfreda
Thanks for responding

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/20/05 1:56 PM) + / -
As soon as you get a reply; Please respond. Iam desperate.
I am receiving the same message.
Alfreda Thanks Andrea

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/21/05 12:51 AM) + / -
I have experienced an identical problem to the onecomplained of by Deangela Brooks, I have only had the printer since christmas 2004. I also have a Lexmark Z600 whichis also exhibiting similar symptoms. Perhaps Lexmark should comment on these problems. I also have an HP1200 which works perfectly with my computer.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Rowley Samuels Jr (4/21/05 8:11 PM) + / -
Hi
My printer is installed but I need that driver that you talk about on here, but there's another problem! my connection to my internet is not staying on long enough for me to download it.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (4/22/05 1:18 AM) + / -
Hi all of you for the clicking noise if u has already run the patch try to install the printer with the latest driver download from the web site

to download driver for the X1100 series:

http://www.downloaddelivery.com/srfilecache/CJXP1100EN.exe

IF u still have the same problem contact lexmark technical support to exchange your printer if it's under waranty cause the scanner is faulty.
-----------------------
for the cartridge holder is it's broken you can contact the lexmark technical support to exchange your printer ...TOO.

----------------------------
Rowley Samuels Jr

If you have connection problem you have to fix it first to download driver

----------------------------
i thing that i have answer to all the question

have a nice day

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Rowley Samuels Jr (4/22/05 3:29 PM) +1 + / -
Is there somewhere I can get the cd for The lexmark X1100

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Rowley Samuels Jr (4/22/05 3:31 PM) + / -
Is there somewhere I can get the cd for The lexmark X1100

Re: Lexmark X1100 by mzhamiltonz (4/26/05 4:48 PM) + / -
I recently did a system recovery on my windows xp. My files for the lexmark x1100 series were of course deleleted.Before I could reinstall the software, I had to uninstall it. I tried to reinstall the software, but my software installation disk can not be read in the cd/dvd writer drive. It has been downloaded twice in the past in the same drive. Now it does not read it and I cannot connect to the computer. I downloaded the cjxp1100... file from the lexmark website, but my computer tells me it is not a win32 application. What file can I use to connect to the computer. I need lxbxvb.exe file.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Delcho (4/27/05 10:58 AM) +1 + / -
I printed a document and the printing progress message showed 99% of the job done after the printing. The message did not close, so I had to click on "Cancel". Since then, each time I start the computer and the printer starts printing the same document. How can I delete the task from the printer tasks manager? Thanks.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (5/1/05 12:00 PM) + / -
Throw away the Printer and purchase a new one - JP

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (5/1/05 9:30 PM) + / -
I have this disc for the X1100 series that came with the X1150 printer. However my computer does not read it. Maybe yours' can. My computer read it before. I can send it to you if you send it back when your done with it.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by camilla (5/7/05 9:38 AM) + / -
i had to reboot because of a virus and had to delete everything. i dont have the installation disk to reinstall my lexmark x1100 all-in-one printrio what do i do?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (5/9/05 1:18 AM) + / -
if u have read the posted message above you will not post this message.

IF u wanna instalation driver read the message above.

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (5/9/05 8:07 AM) + / -
I just need to install the driver software for my printer. I had the discs, but now have lost them.

Re: Lexmark X1100 alex by Anonymous (5/16/05 11:28 PM) + / -
I can't scan any picture with Lexmark X1100 series
what should i do?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (5/17/05 2:49 PM) + / -
I was connected to my printer and i've been able to use it prior to now. But now i have no connection at all i have a lexmark x1100 series-all-in-one printer and i'm using a windows xp computer. I don't understand what has happened. Can someone please help. I've disconnected and reconnected the wires still nothing.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by thetroubleshooter (5/19/05 2:08 AM) + / -
uninstall and install the printer again.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by lawny (5/21/05 4:15 AM) + / -
hi,i have a lexmark x1150 given to me, the person had it connected up to a linux os and i try to connect to my xp,os but the power light just flases and the computer hasnt told me theres new hardware found can anybody help

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Larishia (5/21/05 7:35 AM) + / -
I need help! I was having screen iues with the All In One Center Progran so I uninstalled it and now that I have reinstalled it it wont scan copy anything I get a error msg.
Now if I go into my printer options through my control pannel I can scan from there. I have been trying to uninstall and reinstall this damn program for hours hoping I am missing something can someone help?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Larishia (edited 5/21/05 9:14 AM) + / -
I am back and I have finally fixed what was wrong with my Copy and scan thingy. I dont know if it will work for others but it is worth a try. I uninstalled everything to do with the printer and software.unpluged the USB port and restarted the puter. when all my programs were well started I closed down my antivirus , plugged back in the USB port and tried to install again. IT WORKED. I started back up my antivirus and now I am back to printing, scanning and copying.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Gazza (5/22/05 9:56 AM) + / -
I found how to fix this! go to Services in the administrator tools through control planel and look for LexBce then activate it! worked fine for me once that is done just try and reinstall the printer or wait for the New Hardware Found dialouge box

Re: Lexmark X1100 by elgaot5 (6/2/05 3:03 PM) + / -
Hello. I bought an x1150 on ebay but when i got it, the white ribbon cable that is connected to the print head was disconnected at the other end. the unit seems to work fine, but it wont print, and I was just wondering if anyone knew where the other end was supposed to connect to. it has the numbers: 147-3060430 written on it, and it has a blue end with some sensors on the end. any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Larishia (6/2/05 5:38 PM) + / -
If you won the printer from consumersolutions on ebay they are pretty good if you talk to them they might trade it in for another one for you. If you dont want to go through all that there should have been a Lexmark green and white piece of paper with the
printer with the Lexmark 1 800 # on there I called them for help also cause my soft ware wouldnt load right. They helped out alot. I got a X1185 not sure if it hooks up the same inside (the ribbon that is) but if you want email me back and I will check mine out for you.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Larishia (6/2/05 5:44 PM) + / -
Is this to fix the install problem or the soft ware problem ?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by vangie (6/6/05 1:42 PM) + / -
I have a windows NT 4.0 and a lexmark 1100 printer, is there any driver I can use? please reply...Thanks Vangie

Re: Lexmark X1100 by vangie (6/6/05 1:44 PM) + / -
I have a windows NT 4.0 and a lexmark 1100 printer, is there any driver I can use? please reply...Thanks Vangie

Re: Lexmark X1100 by beasbaby11 (6/12/05 8:03 AM) + / -
lost disc to download lexmark x1150 where can i get disc to download the printer

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/16/05 10:42 AM) + / -
You can go to the Lexmark Website .. www.lexmark.com
Under teh Drivers and Downloads Section, you can click on the option that says "Find Drivers and Downloads". then Select "All in One Printers". You can see a list of printers.. Select your printer. It will take u to the next page. Select your OS (win 98, winxp etc). You will be taken to the Drivers Page. Select the Driver for your OS.. then save the file to ur Desktop.

Once the file is saved on teh desktop.. double click on the file which is saved, it will run the installer. The printer and software will get installed..

:-)

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/20/05 2:33 PM) + / -
i had a computer which rang windows 98 the only thing we didn,t like was the diskdrive was quite old and the computer kept crashing but it still worked the printer but i now have a new computer which is running windows xp and the printer does not connect to the computer the computer keeps telling me it can,t connect the printer

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/21/05 6:06 AM) + / -
I had this problem with the printer telling me there was a printer queue. Try going into CONTROL PANEL/PRINTERS AND FAXES...see if there is anything waiting to print then delete them. This worked for me.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/26/05 3:22 AM) + / -
hi I have the same problem con you email the fix if you found one
regards george

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/27/05 7:43 AM) + / -
i bought a lexmark all in all series as well but my thing is that i cant send pictures, can anyone help me out??thanks!!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/7/05 5:15 PM) + / -
While you seem to dislike when pepole genaralise about idiots workin at tech support in Lexmark, you make the same mistake by genaralising about those at tech support in India. If your company retains India office despite the fact that they dont know a jack shit, is it because they are dumb aswell or is it just you the bright spark in the whole org.

For starters can you please explain why you guys dont have driver download for x1100 model printers even thou people have been asking this question for the past several years now. Can some brilliant canadian explain or the least keep their mouth shut and not be discriminatory.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/12/05 4:24 PM) + / -
before u try to uninstall the printer software please make sure that the printer queue in the printers folder is completely empty .. if there is any job in the remaining it will not uninstall the software at all .try to restart the computer.
If u still have a problem please do reply me with the Version of Windows such that i can be more specific.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/12/05 4:47 PM) + / -
U cannot deactivate the fax software but u can uninstall the fax software .
U can do that in this way ..
Click on start > go to programs> under programs u might see the BVRP fax software > once u click on it u will see an option which says uninstall> try that.
Hope it helps u.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/12/05 5:16 PM) + / -
Angel there are some basic settings which are to be done while u are abt to receive a fax ...
these are the steps.
1)Make sure u are offline and not online.
2)printer should be on.
3)If it a dial up line make sure that u are not using the phone.
4)The fax software screen should be open{BVRP}

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/16/05 1:32 PM) + / -
Go to Lexmark.com and download the drivers and patches....all the fixws for the scan and printer are there. Mine works fine!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/19/05 5:38 AM) + / -
standard usb cable.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/19/05 6:03 AM) + / -
Standard cable

Re: Lexmark X1100 by jhon doe (7/19/05 5:00 PM) + / -
I have lexmark z25 and form the looks of it all of you guys have pcs. of crap compared to mine lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/20/05 6:09 AM) + / -
I have the solution,
I have had many brand name printers in the past and have "never"
experienced this kind of difficulty,
today I will return this g_# %$#^ piece of s$%&**^ and I will NEVER purchase a lexmark name again.
good luck to the rest of you who choose to support this
less than inferier product.

Re: Lexmark X1150 by Nas (8/8/05 2:11 PM) +5 + / -
I have multiple user account on my win XP. If i sign on as a limited or guest I cannot scan a picture I get AIO exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. anyone can help please.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by whitee (9/6/05 9:28 AM) + / -
I bought my Lexmark Printer 2 months ago to use with my Apple iBook laptop now I have upgraded my computer to an Apple eMac. My printers On/Off light keeps flashing can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me

Re: Lexmark X1100 All-in-one X1150 printer by Max B. (9/10/05 12:20 PM) + / -
I have a LexMark X1150 with msxp sp2, recently it started to give me a msg to disconnect the usb, power and restart when I would try to use the scan or copy button. After doing all that it said and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (from my CD) and from LexMark,,still the same stuff. After searching for several days I found this and downloaded the pkg and now my all-in-one works as it should. http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/lexmark.html

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (9/12/05 8:06 AM) + / -
I'm having the same problem so Deangela if and when you get help could you please email me.

Thanks Dee

The only thing I can come up with is maybe there is another disk for the printer part. That is I am guesting.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (9/20/05 3:06 PM) + / -
I can NOT get my printer to fax. I can print, scan, copy and anything else but to fax I am having no luck! ANY suggestions?? Thanks. LeeAnna

Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (9/23/05 9:39 PM) + / -
i need some help on sharing printer!!!!!!!!!!

I have successfully networked one of my Printer, and I can print from both computers. However, when I use the same steps to network my Lexmark printer, (going to Start, Control Panel, Printers, Add printers) I cannot find my listed Lexmark Printer. So i click the Have Disk button,insert my disc, and complete the installation files there, but however when i finish, the networked lexmark printer shows up momentarily, then is gone, then the lexmark installation program shows up, but i cannot use that program, because im connecting to it using the network. so what should i do?

im using win xp on the comp that is connect to lexmark, and other comp is win me

thx

Re: Lexmark X1100/x1150 by Big B (9/30/05 11:05 PM) + / -
Hello Out there in forum Land!!!
Can anyone please help me I am having a problem with my computer on start up because of the printer Lexmark x1150.
When I have the usb connected to the computer from the printer the computer doesn't load and the screen stay blank for awhile and then restarts and continues to do so until I unplug the printer, but when I have the usb printer cable unpluged it starts up fine. I had notice that it had started around the time I installed sp2 for xp. My op. system is XP Pro CAN SOMEONE HELP ME or point me in the right direction to fix this anouying problem.
Kind Regards B

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/7/05 8:31 PM) + / -
are you sure you have a PC modem that is capableable of faxing? If you just have a DSL modem, you cannot fax. You must have a PC modem capable of faxing

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/11/05 8:27 PM) + / -
Try and check and see if your printer card inside came loose. I don't know if that will help but it has worked for me in the past on some other ones.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/15/05 11:30 AM) + / -
i have lost the lexmark 1100 installation cd, and i m really in need for using my computer, what shell i do , plz help me!!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/18/05 9:32 AM) + / -
I have the same problem--have you recieved any replies?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/19/05 12:20 AM) + / -
Hi I followed this instruction and pleased to say it worked - now sharing the printer over a lan network. cheers

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/20/05 9:26 AM) + / -
i can not install my lexmarkx1100 printer

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/21/05 11:09 AM) + / -
Save your picture as a jpg. file and attatch it to your email that you are writing. Then send it with your mail. Your picture will be sent. Let me know if this worked. THANX, MZ HAMILTON

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/21/05 11:27 AM) + / -
GO TO THE LEXMARK.COM WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE DRIVERS FOR THE X1100 SERIES ALL IN ONE PRINTER. YOU WILL NEED THE "CJXP1100EN" AND THE "PRIALLX110EN" FILES. AFTER THESE TWO FILES ARE DOWNLOADED,FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME UP FOR THE LEXMARK X1100 SERIES. IT WILL TELL YOU WHEN TO PLUG YOUR PRINTER IN TO YOUR COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW. LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU.
THANNX,
MZ. HAMILTON

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/21/05 11:30 AM) + / -
GO TO THE LEXMARK.COM WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE DRIVERS FOR THE X1100 SERIES ALL IN ONE PRINTER. YOU WILL NEED THE "CJXP1100EN" AND THE "PRIALLX110EN" FILES. AFTER THESE TWO FILES ARE DOWNLOADED,FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME UP FOR THE LEXMARK X1100 SERIES. IT WILL TELL YOU WHEN TO PLUG YOUR PRINTER IN TO YOUR COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW. LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU.
THANNX,
MZ. HAMILTON

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/24/05 4:59 PM) + / -
BE GLAD YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR IT BECAUSE YOU WOULD BE OUT OF ABOUT $80 BUCKS LIKE THE REST OF US!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by lasher (10/26/05 3:48 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X1185/PrinTrio but don't have the instalation disk. Does anyone know how I can get a disk or download from the net?

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/29/05 5:40 PM) + / -
lasher,

go to the below address to dwld a driver:

http://downloads.lexmark.com

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/2/05 5:17 AM) + / -
printer not workend,senkio-gracias

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/13/05 10:29 AM) + / -
Hey All. Some good stuff here, thanks. I am currently having a problem and although I saw the same question asked above I didn't see any response ( I hope I didn't miss it). My printer as suddenly stopped printing in color. The cartridge should be fine (not old) and I can even see red ink coming from the cartridge. It seems like I have the setting "print color images in balck and white" selected - but I don't! Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in Advance!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Nezz (11/20/05 4:02 PM) + / -
Wow thanks for the help

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/21/05 11:11 AM) + / -
I HAVE TROUBLE INSTALLING MY LEXMARKX1100 COLORJETPRINTER ,AND I CAN GET TOO INSTALL WINDOWS 98 CAN YOU PLEASE HELP TOO INSTALL IT THANK YOU

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/21/05 8:28 PM) + / -
try putting the cartiages in 'hot water'

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/22/05 2:15 PM) + / -
can sumwun plz help me i need to noe a website where i can download the installation to this printer bcz i lost my installation cd

Re: Lexmark X1100 by hpwizard (11/22/05 2:37 PM) + / -
http://fixyourownprinter.com/contactus

Re: Lexmark X1100 by fruzstraated (11/25/05 7:51 PM) + / -
I have the same problem as someone posted above, my printer prints, but the lexmark all-in-one center does not show up in my program menu, only solution centre, read-me and uninstall. I tried adding the reg add suggested above but it says the specified file is not a registry script. Please help!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/25/05 8:51 PM) + / -
visit www.lexmark.com and dwld a driveer 4 ur model. hope it helps.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by sublimed (11/26/05 11:15 PM) + / -
i have tryed everything that I"ve read on this s site and more lexmark new before they sold us this all in one peice of junk that it was'nt gonna work worth a dam and when it does it drags the pc down to its knees so l now threw the peice of junk out my car window at 80 mph and awh it sure felt good

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/27/05 1:44 PM) + / -
Sorry but i'm having problems aswell. I've recently brought the Lexmark x1100 after an accident with the old printer. You see I had a power surge and the printer just stopped working. All the activity lights kept flashing and the computer kept saying that the printer was not connected properly. When I setup the Lexmark x1100 I still got the same problem. Only difference is this time I can scan, but still not print. Also i keep receiving a message saying that not all my drivers are installed. I've been using the cd.

Any information will be great. Thank You.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/29/05 5:33 PM) + / -
What could be the problem if some portion of your scanned item is black? From a whole bond paper size, there is a black horizontal line about two inches in size. So, if i scanned a whole page of a book, that same spot is mainly black.

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (12/3/05 8:59 PM) + / -
maybe ur printer is 'fried' after the surge. if that's the case, then ah......time to part with the printer(again)

or, of course u could attempt to get it fixed.

hope it helps.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by REF (12/6/05 4:04 PM) + / -
I am so frustrated I could cry.It will scan but not print.

- Running XP - ran all updated drivers and patch.

- Connected via USB

- Device Manager - USB shows USB generic but not Lexmark X1100 as an installed device.

How can it communicate with the scanner and not the printer?? I don't get it.

Ref

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 Colour Printer by Anonymous (12/10/05 12:39 AM) + / -
Thank you so much for your wonderful and clear assistance. This worked like a charm!! Indeed you are a troubleshooter and a very nice person to have shared this. Have the merriest Christmas ever!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (12/17/05 1:11 AM) + / -
did you get a solution as i have the same problem and cant use my printer can you help please

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (12/19/05 8:45 AM) + / -
No, unfortunately no one directly responded to my problem. It is so frustrating.

I hope someone will be kind enough, if they have the solution, to let us know.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by hades2006 (12/27/05 1:27 PM) + / -
Thank god i'm not having problems with this thing. It worked 4 days ago and now it don't wanna print at all. The only time it prints is when I do a page test. So is it time to bury it?

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (12/28/05 9:23 PM) + / -
nah........no burying
try UNINSTALLING (not reinstalling) the lexmark program, RESTART, then INSTALL AGAIN. theN RESTART AGAIN.

hope it helps.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (12/29/05 2:16 AM) + / -
wiafbdrv.dll->http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?wiafbdrv

PRINTER NOT COMMUNICATING...STILL by REF (12/30/05 10:16 AM) +1 + / -
Despite all, and I mean all, of the advice on here, the printer will still not communicate with the computer.

It is not the cord, as the scanner works fine.

There is some problem with the USB printer communication with the computer. All the latest drivers are there.

All I can say is that "plug and play" - should be. My HP "all in one" never has had any conflicts.

Lexmark has an informative website, and innovative and creative software but for a consumer who has spent probably 20 hours to no avail, I am just disgusted with this product.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (12/30/05 9:41 PM) +1 + / -
It seems from all the response in here that Lexmark X1100 is not a good product. I have installed and uninstalled my product and it seems that everything downloads just fine but when I go to start the All In One program....it does not respond. I can print from my computer but cannot scan or coppy. If I hit any of the buttons on the printer the same message shows up "Preparing Lexmark All-In-One center for first use"..."searching for scanning applications please wait".........this part is not responding. I have emailed tech support but no answer. Can anyone help?

Re: PRINTER NOT COMMUNICATING...STILL by Anonymous (12/31/05 9:36 PM) + / -
try UNINSTALLING (not reinstalling) the lexmark program, RESTART, then INSTALL AGAIN. theN RESTART AGAIN.

hope it helps.

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (12/31/05 9:38 PM) + / -

hope it helps.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/3/06 4:39 AM) + / -
when i press the buton to install all Windows are shutdown.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Lazar Dj. Stanojevic (1/4/06 12:37 AM) + / -
There are two PCs in my office and only one printer Lexmark X1100 (All-in-One). We have lost our instalation CD and now I am looking for a printer driver. Can you please, send me the proper link for downloading it? Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/6/06 3:29 PM) + / -
i have a lexmark 1100 i didnt have the disc to get it going on my old computer and i got it installed. i now have a new computer and cant get it going on that

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/6/06 10:31 PM) + / -
http://downloads.lexmark.com click on 'all in one'

hope it helps

Re: Lexmark X1100 by surfingranny35 (1/9/06 9:55 PM) + / -
I have one of those lemons, too. Among other things, the blue would not print. I took the suggestion of putting the cartridge in hot water and after a little bit, took it out, wadded up a paper towel under it, and blew in the hole on top until I had blue on the p. towel. Hurrah! I can print photos again. When my computer would lock up, it was always an lx file that was not responding. I started up with the DOS prompt, changed directories until I got the lexmark folder, and deleted those 3 exe files. Everything still works, and my computer no longer locks up. Hope this helps someone.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/11/06 11:07 PM) + / -
i need help my printer keeps telling me i need to plug the usb cord in and everything is hookedn up right so help

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/15/06 5:03 PM) + / -
I know this message was quite a while ago but, did you find out what was wrong with your LexmarX1100?
Mine is doing the same thing, I would appreciate any solution to the problem.
best regards bassman.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/16/06 6:27 PM) + / -
No. I give up on it. It must be an XP issue. It's going to the thrift store.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by surfingranny35 (1/17/06 7:49 PM) + / -
And which thrift store might that be? My grandson could use it.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/22/06 1:59 PM) + / -
i recently moved to a new home and i lost my power supply cord,the one that runs from printer to wall outlet the cord and transformer?transceiver?? i have not been able to find one anywhere .all the info i get on computer is for x1150 printers.have they discontinued thelexmarkx1100?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/24/06 10:16 AM) + / -
On the 1100, if the problem is the the dialog "searching for Applications" never disappears then try this

ftp://ftp.lexmark.com

Re: KEEPS SAYING IT CONT COMMUNICATE by Anast (1/24/06 6:12 PM) + / -
I have had this printer ( lexmark 1100 all in one series) for over 2 years. I have had this problem before but fixed it. Now it doesnt seem to want to fix..

The activity light keeps flashing, last time it was to replace the ink cartridges, which i have done this time. yet the light keeps flashing. And now it is telling me it can not communicate. All cables are connected correctly, it is installed properly. I have tried all i can to fix it.. I am not stupid, so i know what i am doing.. What have other people done to fix this problem?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by surfingranny (1/25/06 12:50 AM) + / -
Have you tried completely disconnecting it; completely removing it from your system. Then go back to square one. Hook it up to the power and USB, turn on the computer, ignore the prompts for finding the new device, and then install it with the installation disk. Hope this works for you.

Re: Re: KEEPS SAYING IT CONT COMMUNICATE by Anonymous (1/28/06 9:01 PM) + / -
remember to REBOOT your machine after COMPLETELY UNINSTALLING lexmark x1100 program from YOUR SYSTEM>

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/28/06 9:04 PM) + / -
x1100 + x1150 printers are the same.

so you can buy a powercord that's for x1150 but it'll still work for x1100.

hope this helps,

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (2/5/06 5:46 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X1100 All-in-one printer but I don't have the instalation disk. Does anyone know what website I can go to where I can download the instalation for free. I went to Lexmark.com but that printer isn't on the list.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by jAG (2/9/06 9:29 AM) + / -
SCRAP the lexmark, the main thing that causes trouble is LExmark sever needs to run in the background! it attaches itself to the print spool!!! matters of fact if the Lex sever is stoped all other printers will not function!!!!!!!

a poor programing this is why many many people dont use lexmark!!

Re: PRINTER NOT COMMUNICATING...STILL by Anonymous (2/9/06 12:01 PM) + / -
almost any trouble with lexmark printers is due to a background program.
Lexmark is hush hush about the trouble with their drivers so FEW FEW tech will tell you about this.

lemark installs a background program called lexbces server (lexbces.exe). IT forces windows print spool (spoolsv.exe) a essential back ground program to be dependent upon lexbces.exe

if lexbces is disabled you will lose all your printing functions even for non lexmark printers. If lexmark is uninstalled it WILL STILL leave windows print spool dependent on lexbces and will NOT remove lexbces.exe

lexbces is a memory hog And often causes trouble with many other programs etc. I have seen some cases where it consumes over 30,000k !!!

here is the best way to make print spool service ONLY dependent on remote procedure call (RPC), which is NORMAL.

open a command prompt window
key the command: sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
(note the space after the = but not before)

this will you to remove the lexbces server.
then restart the print spooler and reboot.

now you can re-intall the drivers and you will be able to print.
however once again it will force dependency and suck up memory even if not printing.
I recommend after installing the lexmark driver
1. removing the dependency of lexbces.exe (as said above
2. you will be able to scan without it running.When you want to print just re-enable manual the lexbces server. when done printing stop it from running.(you will be able to now since print spool is not dependent on it).

Overall i recommend getting another printer Like Canon or Hp where there is no required background service running....and no hassle to unintall etc etc etc.

Re: Re: PRINTER NOT COMMUNICATING...STILL by Anonymous (2/9/06 12:17 PM) + / -
By the way i posted the above about how to stop the dependency of lexbces.exe if you dont understand you can email me.....good luck.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by surfingranny (2/9/06 8:00 PM) + / -
My computer would not shut down. There were 3 .exe files that were all related to the Lexmark. So I went into DOS to the command prompt (tap F8 while booting), went to the lexmark folder, and deleted those 3 files. Since then, I have had absolutely no problems with it. I have scanned, printed, copied successfully. I have not tried faxing, tho.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by burksgramie (2/24/06 5:01 PM) + / -
I have a Lexmark X1185 printer and I am trying to download it on my computer again it got deleted, but I cant find my disk. So are they some way I can download it without a disk.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (2/25/06 11:46 PM) + / -
i had broke my cd for my lexmark printing and i can;t restall it so how do i go and get another one thank your please answer me back

Re: Lexmark z600 by Anonymous (2/26/06 6:41 PM) + / -
instalation software

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (2/26/06 11:40 PM) + / -
I hate this stupid printer

Re: Re: KEEPS SAYING IT CONT COMMUNICATE by B2 (2/28/06 9:12 PM) + / -
I had a problem recently where the Lexmark X73 printer Power light was blinking and I got the "trouble communicating with the printer" error message. I could not print anything, not even a test page. I cleaned the electrical contacts on the ink cartridge and in the printer using a q-tip dampened (not soaking wet) with distilled water. It did the trick! The cartridge didn't look dirty, but apparently was just enough to cause the problem.

For instructions on how to clean the ink cartridges: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/26642.
For a diagnostic procedure: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1073811565
For instructions on how to un-install and re-install the print drivers and other Lexmark software problems: http://www.techspot.com/vb/archive/index/t-10556.html

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (3/1/06 4:42 AM) + / -
PRINTER WAS WORKING OK UNTIL ONE DAY I HAD TO CHANGE OUT THE INK CARTRIDGE, THE LOCKING BAR THAT HOLDS THE CARTRIDGE IN PLACE BROKE OFF, THIS LOOKS TO ME LIKE A WEAK POINT AND SHOULD BE STRENGTHEN. WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO DO? INSTEAD OF BUYING A NEW PRINTER I PUT TAPE OVER THE CARTRIDGE AND NOW I GET AN ANNOYING BANGING WHEN IT PRINTS. CAN YOU BUY A NEW PART AND HOW MUCH IS IT?
LSNYDER1286@AOL.COM

Re: Lexmark X1100 -problem by Yun Dai (3/3/06 9:55 AM) +4 + / -
I have a X1185 printer which I have used for more than one year. It was working until yesterday. Every time if I want to print a file, I have to turn off the printer power and then turn on. Otherwise, the document will be staying in the queue forever without any error message showing up. And also after a document was printed, the Printer Status Screen with 99% completed message could not be closed by itself, I need to click on the "Cancel" or "Close" botton to close the screen. Any help please.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Stray (3/14/06 10:17 AM) + / -
Thank you so much for this information. I followed it step by step and now my printer is working without any problems!!!!

Extra info:
I have a Lexmark X1185
O/S Win98SE

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (3/14/06 10:37 AM) + / -
You described just what's occurring with my lexmark x1150 printer. I have a new computer dell xp and I changed the cartridges. It worked for a minute. My printer was connected to a surger. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling printer. Is there anyone out there who can assist me before I feel a new printer is needed because I don't know what to do.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (3/14/06 1:57 PM) + / -
http://support.lexmark.com

Go to lexmark.com , click on drivers and support, click on your model then operating system.

It will download exact same thing thats on the CD. Run the setup.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (3/15/06 12:56 PM) + / -
What was the patch u found, and how could I get it. I'm trying to scan a document and change the text but I can't get to work. Can u help me?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Andreia (3/15/06 10:46 PM) + / -
I have Lexmark X1100 and I've been looking everywhere for a driver so i can install my printer and I can't find one. can u help me please?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by CompChick (4/13/06 8:41 PM) + / -
We've recently bought a new tower and had to reinstall our Lexmark X1100. I've had to download drivers before, so I didn't think it would be difficult.
I tried last week and it wouldn't work. I tried again this week and it finally downloaded and now we can use our scanner again.
You have to visit: http://support.lexmark.com
I using the link, because if you copy and paste it takes you somewhere else.
Click on: all-in-one printers
Click on: Lexmark X1110 (yes, that's the secret!)
Click on whatever system you use, download and run.

Hope this helps!!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/19/06 6:50 AM) + / -
I have been using my printer all in one some times ago, and as I did not had sufficient memory on my pc, a new memory card has been installed, but now my printer is not working. I cannot print or scan. I have tried ti uninstall the printer but without success. I want to know how to uninstall it so as to re install.

Thank you for your answer

Regards

Wilfred

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (4/21/06 4:49 PM) + / -
"I moved my computer to another room and installed everything the same way as before, but my cpu keeps telling me there is no printer installed."

How did you get your CPU to tell you if a printer was installed? Your system board could tell you if a printer driver was installed if your CPU agreed to deliver the message to your hard drive and back again.

There is nothing worse for a computer tech, to see people mistaking a CPU or a Hardrive for the dusty old case they have never even opened the door to.

Can I get one thing straight. The CPU is not your box. It is the processor attached to your system board/ mother board responsible for the computer processing thoughts or 1's and 0's for anyone who know what that is.

A hard drive is not your box. It is the flat thing thats somewhere between the size of your floppy and your cd-rom. It tends to also be located between the two. It stores all your data magnetically in 1's and 0's.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Mich74 (4/23/06 5:37 PM) + / -
I've had an X1185 since Oct 2004. All of a sudden it wont load A4 sheets of paper. I've tried all the basic fix-it tips but still no go! Can anyone help please?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by sdbridges3 (5/1/06 11:52 AM) + / -
Was there ever a solution to the "black horizontal line about two inches in size" problem? I am having the exact same symptom.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by deniz (5/13/06 10:14 AM) + / -
dfflkdf
df­
d

Re: Lexmark X1100 by abster (5/13/06 6:46 PM) + / -
I'm ticked!!
I haven't used my printer for a few months. I go to use it today, I need this stuff tomorrow but...it won't work!! It'll print the test page but nothing else.GRRRRRR!!!!!
Does anyone know what I can do???

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Yvonne Dixon (5/14/06 4:02 PM) + / -
I've just received a Lexmark X1100 Printer and cannot find the plug connection on the back of the printer. Can you help? I have the cable for the printer to the computer connected but think I should also have a cable from the electrical wall outlet to the printer? If so where does it connect to the printer?
Thank you for your help.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Lexmark Owner (5/28/06 7:14 AM) + / -
I had problems with my printer freezing at 99% and attempted to search for a driver. From the taskbar the "all in one center" icon said I had a x1100 but looking at my all in one printer I see it is a x1185. I was easily able to find the right driver at the lexmark support page. The file i ended up downloading was cjx1100xpen.exe so the x1100 makes sense (somewhat) now.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by froom (5/29/06 9:39 AM) + / -
i am having probs printing photos is there a special type of glossy paper i need to buy as the images are coming out dark this is only happening on photos

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/11/06 11:18 AM) + / -
hey ya i just bought a lexmark printer all in one n i hooked everything up n put the cd in n it wont install my software so i am looking for the driver or drivers i need for it so if anyone knows how to fix my problem contact me
thanx kelsey

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/11/06 9:21 PM) + / -
Love your detailed instructions.... however, I don't have the CD! Also, lexmark tech support informed me that all of the X1100 all in one printers are now obsolete, but did not cont to say what printer software/drivers to use! HELP!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/23/06 6:45 AM) + / -
I am having the same problem as you are or did If you get yours fixed.Can you email how you did it.Thanks

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by pokey6100 (6/23/06 6:49 AM) + / -
I am having the same problem as you are or did If you get yours fixed.Can you email how you did it.Thanks

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by pokey6100 (6/23/06 7:09 AM) + / -
I'm having the same problem.if you get your can you email me how you did it

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (6/26/06 11:25 AM) + / -
ok, i was looking through this thread the other day when i was looking for a way to fix my x1150. it's too long for me to read everything on it, but i'll post what i did to fix it, and hope that it works for some other people.

i was having the problem where my computer recognized the scanner/copier but not the printer. i had the installation CDs, but every time i tried to install from the disc, the install program failed. my solution:

1-uninstall all lexmark software (thru start menu)
2-unplug USB cable to printer
3-restart computer
4-plug in USB cable, and allow windows to do all the automatic
things it does when a new USB device is attached

i don't remember what i had to do next, but i believe i was prompted to install software. instead of using the CD, i used the following download from the lexmark site:

http://downloads.lexmark.com
(if you're running Win 98, or another OS, you might need to go to http://www.lexmark.com to find the right download)

after extracting, it should automatically start the setup.exe
if not it's in *\drivers\winxp2k\english\setup.exe

ok, so i don't exactly remember what i had to do, but that's the gist of it. i hope it helps somewhat. good luck

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (7/8/06 6:16 AM) + / -
Hi everyone. You all seem to be having a bit of trouble with your printer. I bourght mine from a local shop and found that it didn't work. My suggestion is to ring up Woolworths electrical helpline and ask the questions you need to ask, because 9 out of 10 they never ask you if you bought it from there shop. My printer now works... The only time they will ask you "When did you buy it from our store" is when you tell them the problem and they think it's broken. If they think you got it from there store they will automatically ask you if you want to replace it. You just say no.....Hopefully this will help you. I found out my problem without buying the printer from there store. If anyone needs the number of Woolworths electrical store email me at draperleigh@hotmail.com

Re: Lexmark X1185 by Anonymous (8/8/06 7:15 PM) + / -
i lost my disk and nees to download copy

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (8/13/06 8:17 AM) + / -
My new X1100 worked for a while, then stopped. When I try to reinstall I get the message that it is already installed. When I attempt to print it says the Lexmark X1100 Series is not installed. I get the messages Lexplore has caused an error in COMDLG32.DLL or Msimn has caused an error in COMDLG32.DLL or Lxbkpswx has caused an error i MMSYStem.DLL or LXBKVB.EXE or Lxbkaiox has caused an eror in MMSYSTEM.DLL, etc. etc...

It will scan a photo, etc, but will not print.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (8/22/06 8:27 AM) + / -
I don"t no how to change my X1100 printer to print color when the black ink is low. Help me please thank you.
Walter

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 -problem by Anonymous (8/22/06 2:52 PM) + / -
I have the same problem, Can you help me to fix the problem?

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 -problem by Anonymous (8/22/06 2:55 PM) + / -
I have the same problem, Can you help me to fix the problem?

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Bluejean (9/10/06 2:40 AM) + / -
Hello E1,
I also have a Lexmark X1100,My problems have only recently started,When I try to scan a picture or edit a saved picture and take it to the Editor,it shows nothing,just a Grey screen..I know that the picture is there because if I click send in an email,the picture is sent,I just can't see to work on them in the Editor.....anyone know what my problem could be?.
Thankyou in advance for any help you can give.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Bluejean (9/10/06 2:42 AM) + / -
Hello E1,
I also have a Lexmark X1100,My problems have only recently started,When I try to scan a picture or edit a saved picture and take it to the Editor,it shows nothing,just a Grey screen..I know that the picture is there because if I click send in an email,the picture is sent,I just can't see to work on them in the Editor.....anyone know what my problem could be?.
Thankyou in advance for any help you can give.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1185 by Anonymous (9/17/06 4:19 AM) + / -
i am having the same problem well kind of, we had a problem with our computer and got it sorted but it wiped everything off and now the disk is gone missing and we can't install it back again and my little sister is trying to do her homework witch has to be in by tomorrow and it needs to be done on the computer but the disk is just no-where to be seen!
please help me and fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by ElviraSliveida (9/23/06 6:07 PM) + / -
Hi. As most everyone here, I have a Lexmark X1100 All-In-One PrinTrio. My problem, however, is different from most everyone elses'. See, my printer was already installed. I was cleaning up my computer the other day, trying to delete programs that I didn't use to clear up space on my computer. I didn't recognize what one of them was, so I deleted it. Dumb thing to do. Since then, every time I went to print something, it came up that the spooler service wasn't started. I read one of the posts above, about typing something into the command prompt, so I did that. Now, at least, it's reading SOME kind of printer, but, it's not the Lexmark. Now when I go to install the Lexmark, instead of mentioning the spooler / RPC services not being started, it says that the specified print monitor is unknown. I'm currently downloading a driver for the X1100, but I'm not sure if it will even have any kind of effect. If anyone can help with this situation, please feel free to email me at xmasquedphantomx@yahoo.com . It's greatly appreciated, I REALLY need the help.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/1/06 2:42 PM) + / -
my friend told me that i can download the instalation of the lexmark x1100 iv been trying for 2 days i lost it in the moving im desperate becuse mi projects

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/2/06 4:11 PM) + / -
need to reconnect printer

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1185 by Anonymous (10/3/06 12:59 AM) + / -
I got the same problem, tried download counldn't find file.If you find out please tell

Re: Lexmark X1100 by 69Orpheus (10/6/06 12:52 PM) + / -
My printer does not work, it was working,I have downloaded from lexmark but still does not work. I have tested the printerbut still does not work, I am using compaq deskpro EN, windows XP,help!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/10/06 11:11 PM) + / -
MY Lexmark x1150 "all in one" printer has the same problem.
How did you fix yours? My operating system is windows 2000 professional on SV232 COMPAQ PESERIO computer.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/16/06 3:42 AM) + / -
driver

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/23/06 5:46 PM) + / -
thank you thank you thank you
You are a god that fixed it!

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (10/28/06 4:10 PM) +1 + / -
I just bought and brand new color ink cartridge for my x1100 series printer and i have been sitting her for about 2 hours now and the ink keeps coming out pink. i uninstalled, reinstalled it. cleaned it i dont know how many times now, and i also cant get my allignment page to print up right. PLEASE HELP!! THANKS

Re: Lexmark X1100 by virtramp (11/10/06 3:12 AM) + / -
Anyone knows how to completly reset the Printer? i have a x11 series. is there like a button combination on the printer?

Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/13/06 6:46 PM) + / -
thank god for you no one else seems to have any idea including me i have tried averything, you fixed it thanks

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (11/14/06 6:30 PM) + / -
I just fixed the problem with my Lexmark 1185 printer giving the "Specified Print Monitor is Unknown" error while trying to reinstall the drivers.

What I had to do is go into the Adminstrative Tools and into Services and turn the LexBce Server to manual and start it. Then I tried to install the drivers again and it worked fine.

After that I went back and turned if off because that service is evil.

Just make sure it's on when you try to REINSTALL drivers... for the first attempted install, this probably won't work. For a REINSTALL though, it worked for me.

Re: Lexmark X1100 by twsledge (11/18/06 4:19 PM) + / -
Help? My printer has been boxed up for a little while so I got it out to put a new catridge in and get it using again. When i powered it up, the little thin vinyl strip that runs behind the catridge container thing and a little spring came off and out. I haven't been able to find any helpful information on the official websites to help me put things back together, anyone have any suggestions or diagrams you can email to me?
Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/2/07 1:53 PM) + / -
This X1100 Series are the biggest POS' on the market. They diable your ability to properly uninstall the software or ever use another printer on your system.....bastards!

Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by tabitha ford (1/9/07 10:52 AM) + / -
what do you do when your light is just flashing and the printer want let you do anything.its also saying that the paper is jammed but theres no paper in the printer at all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by tabitha ford (1/9/07 10:56 AM) + / -
what did you do to remove this hardware off your computer.

Re: Re: Lexmark X1185 by Anonymous (1/18/07 7:42 AM) + / -
every sence i tapped f8 key .i can not click on icon it will not print

Re: Re: Lexmark X1185 by Anonymous (1/18/07 7:42 AM) + / -
every sence i tapped f8 key .i can not click on icon it will not print

Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/21/07 2:40 PM) + / -
salut

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lexmark X1100 by Anonymous (1/21/07 5:15 PM) +1 + / -
I AM SO TIRED OF TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE IT SEEMS AS THOUGH WE ARE UN THE SAME BOAT

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters