unknown

asked May 1, 2004 at 10:19am
Hp HP CopyJet Color

DeskJet 712C no color

I have an HP DeskJet 712C and it won't print anything in color, only black. I tried every trouble shooting method I could think of. I tried another color cartridge, I cleaned the print heads and the nozzles (with a cotton swab), printed several test pages, alignments, head cleanings, went through the configuration and checked the driver. I even called HP CustomerCare but I am unwilling to pay $30 to receive some advice I am not even sure will work. When I print something that uses only color, no black ink, it still draws a paper and moves the heads around like it's printing but there is no color on the paper, not even a single drop. I haven’t used the printer for a few weeks, today was the first time I used it again. Could it be just the color cartridges or is it the electronics? I didn't have any problems with the black ink.

Thanks in advance
Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridge and carriage with a cotton swab moistened with water to eliminate the possibility of poor electrical contact. The odds are that the problem is in the cartridge.
by Bert on May 1, 2004 at 12:19pm Add comment