fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

DeskJet 712C no color

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

DeskJet 712C no color by Oli (5/1/04 10:19 AM) reply + / -
I have an HP DeskJet 712C and it won't print anything in color, only black. I tried every trouble shooting method I could think of. I tried another color cartridge, I cleaned the print heads and the nozzles (with a cotton swab), printed several test pages, alignments, head cleanings, went through the configuration and checked the driver. I even called HP CustomerCare but I am unwilling to pay $30 to receive some advice I am not even sure will work. When I print something that uses only color, no black ink, it still draws a paper and moves the heads around like it's printing but there is no color on the paper, not even a single drop. I havenít used the printer for a few weeks, today was the first time I used it again. Could it be just the color cartridges or is it the electronics? I didn't have any problems with the black ink.

Thanks in advance

Re: DeskJet 712C no color by Bert (5/1/04 12:19 PM) reply + / -
Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridge and carriage with a cotton swab moistened with water to eliminate the possibility of poor electrical contact. The odds are that the problem is in the cartridge.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters