fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Officejet G85

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Officejet G85 by Yoat (3/30/04 7:57 PM) reply + / -
I own a G85 and the glass broke. Can somebody please tell me how to repair this and where to buy the glass? Thanks

Re: Officejet G85 by Bert (3/30/04 10:33 PM) reply + / -
You have to remove the bezel that holds the glass. Unplug the round cable in the rear that goes to the document feeder. Hinge the scanner cover all the way up and lift, it will disengage and come free of the scanner. There are some screws along the back edge where the scanner cover hinges are. Remove them and bezel will come off. The HP P/N for the glass is C6680-60020.

Re: Officejet G85 by Yoat (5/3/04 7:32 PM) reply + / -
Ok, I unplugged the cable, removed the top and took the screws off. Now what? How do I free the glass? How do I remove the bazel that hold the glass? Everytime that I try to move the top off, the back of the G85 starts lifting up but the front does not come off. HELP!

Re: Officejet G85 by Bert (5/3/04 10:22 PM) reply + / -
There are probably some hidden latches in the front that need to be disengaged with a slot style screwdriver. Go to this web page to see exploded views of the G85.
partsurfer.hp.com

Re: Officejet G85 by Anonymous (6/5/04 8:42 PM) reply + / -
HP Officejet G85, I have two of them, and they both have stopped feeding from the automatic document feeder. Can this be repaired?

Re: Officejet G85 by Bert (6/5/04 9:40 PM) reply + / -
If you hear the feeder attempting to feed, the rollers may be dirty. Look into the feeder and you will see two rollers. Clean them with a cotton swab and a mild water soluable cleaner. If that solves your problem, I suggest rubber rejuvenator.
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/sp0.html

If the feeder does not try to feed, perhaps the paper sensor is damaged. Give more info.

Re: Officejet G85 by Wayde (6/16/04 6:54 AM) reply + / -
When ever I press 2 on the fax key pad the number 2 comes up followed quickly by the number 4. When ever I press 4 on the fax key pad the same thing happens, the number 2 comes up followed quickly by the number 4.

Do I have to change the control panel if so How do I do this?

Re: Officejet G85 by Bert (6/16/04 9:39 AM) reply + / -
The odds are the control panel (P/N C6735-60011) is your problem. You have to pry off the bezel to remove it.

Re:Officejet G85 automatic feeder problem by Anonymous (4/16/06 3:07 PM) reply + / -
My automatic feeder stopped working also. I tried Bert's suggestion of cleaning the rubber rollers in the middle of the feeder with rubbing alcohol and Q tips, and it worked great! I wished I had found this site months ago.

The two rubber rollers spring together to catch the paper in the automatic feeder. You will need to use a letter opener or long flat stick to hold back one roller while you rotate the other roller to clean, then do the reverse.

There are some papers you can buy to clean ink jet roller printers like Office Depot Printex Plus by Aspect.

Good luck, you'all.

Re: Re:Officejet G85 automatic feeder problem by moe (4/16/06 3:50 PM) reply + / -
Where did Bert mention "rubbing alcohol"????? Alcohol is the worst thing you can use on rubber. It will dry it out. Bert referred you to the link for "rubber rejuvenator". It actually restores grip to the rollers and has parafin in the formulation to keep the rubber supple and not dry it out.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters