fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 810 CLOGGED PROBLEM?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 810 CLOGGED PROBLEM? by Makoto (11/5/03 6:29 AM) reply + / -
I have been using Epson photo 810 for about a year, sometimes using a lot sometimes it is left for about a month but no more. I was printing out some documents and it was working perfectly fine, until it run out of colour inks. So I changed the cartridge, which was not Epson brand and I have been using them since the pre-installed Epson cartridge was finished, say this was may be 4th colour cartridge. the first print out was kind of gray and I could hardly read even though it was supposed to be completely black document. It was working absolutely fine until I changed the cartridge. so I ran nozzle cleaning and nozzle check. It turns out some of the colour inks were completely missing( i think three colours were missing). I didnt know what to do so I run the nozzle clean for about three times but still nothing happened. Then I open the printer and took the colour cartridge out and poked the hole with a pin assuming the inks were not coming out from the cartridge. I put them back again( I think i did it both black and colour) and printed out some but, at this time there is nothing (no inks at all) on to the paper. I rang Epson service centre and they told me I should buy a new Epson cartridge because they thought the nozzle was clogged and Epson ink would dissolve the old ink. So i did buy new colour cartridge, this time Epson brand, but still nothing came out. I ordered your Repair Kit but I am not sure if it's working as the problem can be not clogged nozzle but something else. Now I have read some other clog related articles in your site and learned that I should NOT have taking cartridges out and in ( in fact I did it many times) as they loose the air pressure. So question is;1. "Can I possibly reuse these new cartridges( though already opened and put it in and out several times) and fix the printer?(or do I have to buy new EPSON cartidges again both black and colour?)" 2. "where is the SPONGE PADS in the service station? I assumed the gray sponge pad was on the service statin not anywhere hidden. 3. I also did clean the cone-shaped fitting in the assembly and they all seem to pass the cleaning solution through, so "Does this mean the nozzle is not clogged?" Since the problem hapened, I try to print out from time to time just to see what it prints out. The results are most of the time the first print has just a bit of ink on the paper, though very faint and just like very think lines, and secound and third contains no ink at all. I may have to buy a new printer but I kind of enjoy knowing what's wrong and fixing it myself. If you can tell me whatever I can possbly do, that would be great. I really appreciate your help! Thanks(BTW, Excellent site!)

Re: EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 810 CLOGGED PROBLEM? by Denny Conway (11/5/03 10:24 AM) reply + / -
Makoto...All new Epson cartridges are sealed and there is pressure put in them at the factory. That pressure is what causes the air to be pushed out of the nozzles, that got into them when the old cartridge was removed and primes the nozzles with fresh ink. When people refill their own cartridges, they have no way to put that pressure back into the old cartridge, after refilling it. If you reinstall the origional cartridge that you removed, it not only has already lost its pressure, but now there is air inside of the nozzle. That air starts to dry out any remaining ink inside of the nozzles and that normally results in clogging. If the old cartridge was out of the printhead holder assembly for more than 30 minutes, the nozzle may have already started to clog. If you choose to just reinstall an old Epson Ink Cartridge, with no pressure inside it will be difficult to get the ink to start flowing again and you may have to run 6 to 10 sets of "Printhead Cleaning Cycles" and "Nozzle Tests", to actually be able to get the ink to start flowing again. The other problem is that the printer always assumes you are installing a new cartridge and automatically resets the Internal Ink Counter anytime you remove a cartridge with the power turned on. When you reinstall a previously removed [used] cartridge, the internal ink counter automatically reset and now your printer thinks the cartridge is new and of course full. What can happen is that your printer will usually run out of ink and never know it and then air will get into the nozzles, drying them out and that usually results in clogging...If you clean your printhead assemblies with a "printhead cleaning kit", install new Epson Ink Cartridges and still the printheads don't seem to work or print, then its probably time to purchase a new printer. You have normally done as much as you can usually do and the cost of new printheads are so expensive, that its normally not economical to have your old printer repaired...#1: Not with out causing additional problems: probable extended Printer Cleaning Cycles & Nozzle tests [which just wastes more ink], to try and get the ink to start flowing again and possible clogging when the ink runs out and the printer still thinks there is ink inside the cartridge. #2: The only pad in the Cleaning Station is the felt pad in the Cap Assembly, that the Printhead Assembly parks over when its at the far right Home Position. There are several Waste Ink Pads located in the front bottom area of the printer, hidden in a black plastic box. #3: No way for me to really know, but if the fluids pass thru the Printhead Nozzles easily, then its possible that the printhead assy is actually bad or failing, or that the Main Board Assembly is bad or failing...TECH NOTE: Its also possible that your Pump Assembly may not be working correctly and is not then creating the vacuum necessary to pull the ink out of the nozzles. Its also possible that the Cap Assembly is defective or not sealing to the bottom of the Printhead Assembly and not allowing the vacuum to actually pull the ink out of the ink cartridges. Tough to repair that area and even to troubleshoot, even if you had a Service Manual...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 810 CLOGGED PROBLEM? by Makoto (11/5/03 4:15 PM) reply + / -
Just to say thank you for your quick reply. I will buy new black and colour cartrigdes to test if it work after cleaning. well, If it doesn't it is a bit of wasting(about 40 pounds total!). Or may be I should just buy new printer...!?
MANY THANKS
makoto

Re: EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 810 CLOGGED PROBLEM? by Asif (1/5/06 10:11 AM) reply + / -
I also have a similar problem. My 810 doesn't print at all. it shows its got ink but nothing is printed except for blank pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters